This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ridude765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ridude765
Member since 2008 • 94 Posts
geometry wars is pretty addicting i must say. i just rented it for a week to try it out and its to my suprise a pretty descent game. of course i just got i to entertain me in this time of torchur while waiting for brawl to come out. but its pretty fun. i am at the 3rd galaxy right now and the levels are pretty creative. what do you all think of this game.
OlimarMarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 OlimarMarth
Member since 2008 • 70 Posts
I actually was thinking about picking this game up but never got the chance to get it because im saving for brawl. It loopks like such a fun game.
Beanoooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Beanoooo
Member since 2007 • 271 Posts
Ya I wanna get it too. My school and food have been eating all my money. I played the demo on my bro's xbox live and it is sooo addicting. Especially when you challenge friends to see who can get the most points. Its a def buy for me when i get the money. I think this game isnt recognized like it should.
bugsonglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bugsonglass
Member since 2004 • 5536 Posts
it's awesome, but i recommend getting it for the DS instead. it's the same great game, and portability makes it even greater.
AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts
So simple, yet sooo addicting.
bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#7 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts
Yeah, it's a great game. I unlocked all the levels except for the DS ones and I got at least all silver medals on all the levels. The game was great to play in half-hour intervals and lasted about 30-40 hours to get at least all silver/gold medals.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts

its sad it sold so terribly

they should re- release it on Wiiware with some improvements.

ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts
I have it on both the wii and the ds... I like the DS on better but they are both really good games.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cyber-

[QUOTE="Cyber-"]they should re- release it on Wiiware with some improvements.Sancroff

Yeah, improvements like more than three profiles. How is everyone in the family supposed to have separate scores if you can only have three profiles? And what about visiting friends?

ya and a a strong online mode. also have GC support as well as Classic controller. Not that I even use either but my brother does.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts
[QUOTE="Sancroff"]

[QUOTE="Cyber-"]they should re- release it on Wiiware with some improvements.Cyber-

Yeah, improvements like more than three profiles. How is everyone in the family supposed to have separate scores if you can only have three profiles? And what about visiting friends?

ya and a a strong online mode. also have GC support as well as Classic controller. Not that I even use either but my brother does.

I am confused, you do know it supports Classi ccontroller?

RRR23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 RRR23
Member since 2007 • 2495 Posts

does it have online

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="Sancroff"]

[QUOTE="Cyber-"]they should re- release it on Wiiware with some improvements.dotWithShoes

I am confused, you do know it supports Classi ccontroller?

thats what I meant. For it to let us use the GC controller in addition to the already compatible Classic. They should support both.

Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts

I recieved it for Christmas. It's pretty fun since I'm 360less atm.

I don't play the Galaxies part, just try to get a super High Score in Retro Evolved xP.

I went on Wi-Fi, and my rank was 1337 :lol:. No lie, I have a picture of it too....I just have to find it -_-.

elektrixxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 elektrixxx
Member since 2004 • 11804 Posts

The Wii version should be rereleased on the 360 version.

I've got the Wii and 360 versions of the game. The Wii version has all the content everyone wants, but the control stick on the 360 controller is much better suited for the game, and of course it's in high-definition.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cyber-

The Wii version should be rereleased on the 360 version.

I've got the Wii and 360 versions of the game. The Wii version has all the content everyone wants, but the control stick on the 360 controller is much better suited for the game, and of course it's in high-definition.

elektrixxx

graphics are the same bewteen them for this game

Wiimote is much faster once you get used to it

also u can use the classic controller

Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#18 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
When I was looking for a game to rent a few weeks ago I noticed it but thought meh. But, I'm thinking of renting it now.
s-baller23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 s-baller23
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts
I remember the day I was at Target with my mom and as I usually do, I tell her I'm going to check out the games. So I see there is a 360 with playable demos this time (usually there are game videos playing). So I grab the controller and I'm playing Geometry Wars and the first second my eyes made contact with the screen I became addicted. It is such a fun and intriguing game that you don't want to put down. So as my first experience in playing Geometry Wars I was actually considering buying an XBOX 360 just for that game but when I found out it was coming out for wii I was so excited because I own a PS3 and wii and I don't think my mom would have bought me another console. Now the wii version is great because it's only $40 and it comes with the original Geometry Wars Retro Evolved and the newer version where you take on the planets and stuff. So the gameplay is top notch and highly addictive. You want to keep beating your highest score. Everytime I play it feels as if my eyes are glued to the TV because the graphics are so cool and colorful. One other thing that's great is the music because it's kind of like space age techno that you never get tired of. So I highly recommend this game for those of you who were wondering if it's worth a purchase.
Saruman1719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 Saruman1719
Member since 2003 • 12466 Posts

I bought this a couple of weeks ago and I love it. I used to play Geometry Wars on XBLA religiously for a year, so I knew this was right up my alley. Because of how much time I spent using a control sticks for that game, I find it impossible for me to use the Wii remote for this game. I was pretty good at the XBLA version, so I don't need the Wii remote to make up for any lack of skill in hitting the enemies. I always use the classic controller now, but that gets annoying because it is so small; my thumbs constantly smash into each other.

I agree with elektrixxx when he says to release it on the 360. I need to use that controller.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cyber-

this game also has coop

everyone who has a wii should buy it