Games that are poorly/mediocrely rated by critics that you enjoyed.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for DavidIsOverHere
DavidIsOverHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 DavidIsOverHere
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I could easily put this on PS3, Nintendo Wii, PSP etc. but I put this on Nintendo DS category because most of the games that aren't well-received that I like happen to be on the Nintendo DS. Mine is: Legend of Dragoon (PS1) Score: 6.4 Megaman Star Force 1 (NDS) Score: 6.0 Megaman Star Force 2 (NDS) Score: 5.5 Megaman Star Force 3 (NDS) Score: 5.5 The critics here said this for Megaman Star Force 3: "If you've never played a Star Force game or if it has been a while since you've picked up the Battle Network series, then you might find some fun here. The solid battle mechanics and satisfying boss encounters will probably be enough to pull you through the inane plot and aged visuals. If you've played any recent entries in the series, you'll want to avoid this shameless retread of an already tiresome formula." Apparently, they are wrong, the average user score is 8.8, which means majority of the people like it. Of course, all games come with faults, but most people including me are willing to overlook their faults because it's Gameplay is pretty good. But on the other hand, the critics are more experienced, but I guess it doesn't matter what the critics say so long as you enjoy the game. How about you guys? Feel free to say which game that isn't well-received by critics that you like, and state your reasons.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

I could easily put this on PS3, Nintendo Wii, PSP etc. but I put this on Nintendo DS category because most of the games that aren't well-received that I like happen to be on the Nintendo DS.DavidIsOverHere

You're Looking for General Games discussion, and I think there's a recently active thread that's pretty much the same as this.

JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#3 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts
To keep it DS-specific: I knwo Apollo Justice was decently well-received, but I absolutely loved that game (it's my favorite on the system, actually). I think it deserved more praise than it received.
eccentric_view

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 eccentric_view
Member since 2010 • 165 Posts
I'd say Dragon Ball Z Supersonic Warriors. I really enjoyed that game.
Avatar image for DavidIsOverHere
DavidIsOverHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 DavidIsOverHere

[QUOTE="DavidIsOverHere"]I could easily put this on PS3, Nintendo Wii, PSP etc. but I put this on Nintendo DS category because most of the games that aren't well-received that I like happen to be on the Nintendo DS.Pixel-Perfect

You're Looking for General Games discussion, and I think there's a recently active thread that's pretty much the same as this.

Oh thanks. I am pretty new here, so I still forget where is where.
Francision69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Francision69
Member since 2007 • 1763 Posts
The Rub Rabbits! I like how it used the DS in creative ways not to mention it's teen oriented story and antics. XP
RichardWrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RichardWrite
Member since 2009 • 344 Posts

A game that the critics hated that I enjoy is THE PRICE IS RIGHT. A game that I enjoy that most hardcore gamers don't care for is SCRABBLE.

Crotazoa8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Crotazoa8
Member since 2010 • 1230 Posts
Dragon Quest monster: Joker. It got a 7.5, but i still think it deserves at least an 8.
Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

Super Princess Peach or Fire Emblem. Definatly Fire Emblem

fer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fer-
Member since 2010 • 318 Posts
SMT: Strange Journey was awesome but only got a review of 6.5 I think...much higher imo :/
Detroit222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 Detroit222
Member since 2005 • 5371 Posts

A Witch's Tale only got a 4.0 from Gamespot. It was obvious from the review that the reviewer did not play the whole game and therefore based his/their opinion having only played a few rounds. I gave it an 8.0.

The Lost in Blue Series started out 7.3. The second was a 6.2 and the third was a 5.5. I thought they were all 7s and that they only got better.

Gamespot doesn't even bother to review Harvest Moons!

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

The entire Ace Attorney franchise.

Best franchise on the DS.

DanDaRuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 DanDaRuff
Member since 2010 • 120 Posts

[QUOTE="DavidIsOverHere"]I could easily put this on PS3, Nintendo Wii, PSP etc. but I put this on Nintendo DS category because most of the games that aren't well-received that I like happen to be on the Nintendo DS.Pixel-Perfect

Can you link it to us?

Mine would have to be Shadow the Hedgehog. The camera wasn't the best but it did what it needed to do.

YoBrandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#14 YoBrandino
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts

Elebits: The Adventuyres of Kai & Zero, gets scores in 7's, but I think it was a great game.

Outside of the DS some games that I think deserve higher scores are: Dragon Quest Swords (Wii), Risk: Factions (XBLA), Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii).

CyberKlown28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 CyberKlown28
Member since 2008 • 1198 Posts
Rondo of Swords is my favorite DS game...it got some very good reviews...and some meh/bad reviews. SMT Strange Journey, its ridiculously long and awesome and always changing things up with new demons, etc. gamespot's review on it was dreadful. Planet Puzzle League is awesome, got lots of great reviews..but gamespot/and some others gave it meh/bad reviews and for bad reasons..
cocho420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cocho420
I am having trouble deleting the saved information of a used game called dragon ball z supersonic warrior 2, can you please help? alfreditogoycochea@hotmail.com/ thanks.