For those who are nervous about Disaster's "quality issues"...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts
There is another game that also had quality issues. It's Conker's Bad Fur Day. It was originally a Banjo clone but since gaming websites didn't like Conker at all, they had a major overhaul and thats what made Conker's Bad Fur Day what it is today. It scored a 9.3 on Gamespot. I have confidence in Nintendo/Monolith that they made this game great.
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts

Gameplay

It does look very good. But some of the light gun AI seems questionable. The graphics are also questionable

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
The only thing I'm afraid about it is that its a collection of 'mini-game' sequences. Hopefully its not that bad.
MangaPicture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MangaPicture
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

Wario Ware Day of Crysis ?

Well, I'll wait for ratings

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

Gameplay

It does look very good. But some of the light gun AI seems questionable. The graphics are also questionable

air_wolf_cubed

Thanks for posting that gameplay link.

I wasn't too concerned about Disaster, assuming it's built from the ground up for the Wii, I assumed it would be half decent. But the footage in that gameplay video makes Disaster look FUGLY and boring. Obviously they still have a lot of work to do.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 air_wolf_cubed
[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"]

Gameplay

chefstubbies

Thanks for posting that gameplay link.

I wasn't too concerned about Disaster, assuming it's built from the ground up for the Wii, I assumed it would be half decent. But the footage in that gameplay video makes Disaster look FUGLY and boring. Obviously they still have a lot of work to do.

actually the environments look pretty good. its just the cars and people that look ugly
Emmenite7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Emmenite7
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts

Nintendo has pretty much been hyping this as the Wii's killer app since 2006, but on a console at least two to three times as powerful as the Gamecube, isn't it inexcusable that such a big-budget exclusive doesn't even come close to Resident Evil 4?

Where are those "cutting-edge physics," and why didn't I say "wow?"

jmangafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 jmangafan
Member since 2004 • 1933 Posts

Nintendo has pretty much been hyping this as the Wii's killer app since 2006, but on a console at least two to three times as powerful as the Gamecube, isn't it inexcusable that such a big-budget exclusive doesn't even come close to Resident Evil 4?

Emmenite7

.....killer app? Are you kidding? If they were hyping this as a killer app we would have, you know, been constantly updated during its development. Like Brawl, Metroid, Galaxy. THOSE are Nintendo hyped games. Disaster has recieved no such attention or coverage.

Also, "big-budget exclusive"? Don't kid yourself.

I'm excited for the game, but I would never have called it a BIG BUDGET EXCLUSIVE NINTENDO HAS HYPED AS A KILLER APP. I don't know how you got confused there boyo.

GodsPetFido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 GodsPetFido
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts

Gameplay

air_wolf_cubed

You also must consider that the GT video was low res in the first place.

Personally, the graphics are acceptable not cutting edge. Graphics will neither be a strength or weakness for sure.

Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts
[QUOTE="Emmenite7"]

jmangafan

.....killer app? Are you kidding? If they were hyping this as a killer app we would have, you know, been constantly updated during its development. Like Brawl, Metroid, Galaxy. THOSE are Nintendo hyped games. Disaster has recieved no such attention or coverage.

I'm excited for the game, but I would never have called it a BIG BUDGET EXCLUSIVE NINTENDO HAS HYPED AS A KILLER APP. I don't know how you got confused there boyo.

That is what happens when people start rumors, suddenly it was 'promised' by the company that such and such would be the case, when it never did happen. Suddenly, all that hype that was just rumor crashes down and people 'know' that they read somewhere on some website, blog, forum that said 'missing things are missing.' Go figure I guess.
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

Gameplay

air_wolf_cubed

yeah it looks great but....

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 air_wolf_cubed
[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"]

Gameplay

GodsPetFido

You also must consider that the GT video was low res in the first place.

Personally, the graphics are acceptable not cutting edge. Graphics will neither be a strength or weakness for sure.

i agree
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#13 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

Gameplay

air_wolf_cubed

Yeah it does look ok but the graphics aren't quite up to scratch

Emmenite7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Emmenite7
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts
[QUOTE="jmangafan"][QUOTE="Emmenite7"]

Cesar_Barba

That is what happens when people start rumors, suddenly it was 'promised' by the company that such and such would be the case, when it never did happen. Suddenly, all that hype that was just rumor crashes down and people 'know' that they read somewhere on some website, blog, forum that said 'missing things are missing.' Go figure I guess.

I'll admit that I was a little off base with what I said, and I don't think that the game was ever marketed as a killer app. This, however, does not change the fact that the game was easily one of the most promising and intriguing projects in Nintendo's first little E3 montage. I stand by the fact that it is inexcusable that, after years in development, the game fails even to come close to many Gamecube titles, graphically.
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 iceldc
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts
oh the gameplay trailer has spoilt it for me looks like you don't walk about on ya own it does it for ya?. Looks like an on the rails shooter aswell im not so sure about it now. Roll on the Conduit!!.
dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts
well,I'll just wait for Reviews, but it looks good to me.
gotaylor88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gotaylor88
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts

Gameplay

air_wolf_cubed

wow it looks HORRIBLE....like a bunch of cheap arcade games streamed together, i could make more realistic explosions and AI deaths

mijkil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mijkil
Member since 2004 • 546 Posts

Come ooooooooooon. Lets not kid ourselves here. Theres a reason why this has been delayed so long: its simply not very good.

Looks like a dreadfull collection of mini game and shallow, light gun shooting masquerading as an action adventure.

Personally im starting to get very bored of defending Nintendo and watching the HD consoles get so many great hardcore games. :(

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

Come ooooooooooon. Lets not kid ourselves here. Theres a reason why this has been delayed so long: its simply not very good.

Looks like a dreadfull collection of mini game and shallow, light gun shooting masquerading as an action adventure.

Personally im starting to get very bored of defending Nintendo and watching the HD consoles get so many great hardcore games. :(

mijkil
This thread was made before i saw the leaked footage/trailers. I'm not hyped about this game at all now.
mijkil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mijkil
Member since 2004 • 546 Posts
[QUOTE="mijkil"]

nintendoman562

This thread was made before i saw the leaked footage/trailers. I'm not hyped about this game at all now.

Thank god for that!:)

ineedmoney555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ineedmoney555
Member since 2008 • 534 Posts

im opptimistic about the game. for one thing the trailers on the official website look much beter than those on GT. its my understanding that its a game that is not a series of minigames but it is very linear. im quite exited about the mixture of gameplay elements, you got QTE, on rails shooting,vehicle sections, free roaming and even some RPG elements in the way you level up your character. add in the multiple modes, increased difficulty setting for veterans and unlockable content and I think this title has some serious potential. im not saying it will be good for sure but im willing to give it a chance

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts

Wario Ware Day of Crysis ?

Well, I'll wait for ratings

MangaPicture

Wario Ware for Wii got AAA...

Super_Ska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Super_Ska
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts

The only thing I'm afraid about it is that its a collection of 'mini-game' sequences. Hopefully its not that bad.Haziqonfire

Same here, i was looking forward to this game but this isn't what i expected it to be, but you never know, it could be good...hopefully

C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts

This looks terrible.

Awful graphics(especially with explosions), Ps2 sound, this is not looking good

LProjektST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LProjektST
Member since 2005 • 1055 Posts

Looks to be a letdown...but I'll reserve full judgement

Avatar image for TwilightSoilder
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TwilightSoilder
Member since 2007 • 1831 Posts
The only thing I'm afraid about it is that its a collection of 'mini-game' sequences. Hopefully its not that bad.Haziqonfire
Ditto.
rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts
it looked good in the commercials. then it looked crap again.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#28 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
I guess I will just wait for the reviews. I am afraid it may become a mini-game based game.
komdosina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 komdosina
Member since 2003 • 4972 Posts
Whining and **** over small compressed footage over a game you haven't at-least rented in order to try it, oh it must be a Wii forum. If I thought every uderhyped Nintendo game was going to suck then I wouldn't have enjoyed Battalion Wars 2, FE: Radiant Dawn or MP: 3 Corruption for that matter.
komdosina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 komdosina
Member since 2003 • 4972 Posts

mijkil

Sell you're Wii and get a PS360, end of story.