for those of you complaining about games for WII

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

andres836

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 andres836
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

here is a great list of games that are out or will be coming out to shut you up.

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

Super MArio Galaxy

Metroid Prime 3

Zack and Wiki

SSBB

Baroque

Starwars Force Unleashed

Tales of symphonia 2

FF Crystal Chroniclas Cyrstal Bearers

Fire Emblem Radient Dawn

MOHH2

and a game i like DBZ budokai tenkaichi 3

these are just a sample of great games that are out or are going to be out this year so dont be impatient and blame it on Nintendo, its the consumers fault for not trying out new games and instead getting stupid ones

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

Why does this system have to take so much heat? its attacked for games, online, graphics, features, memory.......

and most of the time by its own users :? but then again i remeber the same with N64 and GC, must just be a nintendo thing!

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
We already have a sticky about this.
lethal18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lethal18
Member since 2007 • 636 Posts
the wii actually has more exclusives then the ps3 and 360.
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kenakuma

the wii actually has more exclusives then the ps3 and 360.lethal18

thats true but the wii self at my eb is 2x smaller than the 360 self.

Kuhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Kuhu
Member since 2004 • 2845 Posts

Why does this system have to take so much heat? its attacked for games, online, graphics, features, memory.......

and most of the time by its own users :? but then again i remeber the same with N64 and GC, must just be a nintendo thing!

kenakuma

2 reasons for that

1. Non nintendo-fanboys have always hated Nintendo products due to the release and success of their main titles, such as mario, zelda, and metroid

2. The most popular system is always criticized. I remember the PS2 being criticized a lot last gen.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
That's not a lot to choose from... it's a good list though
samiup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 samiup
Member since 2006 • 767 Posts

most of that list is no good.

somtimes i have the feeling that nintendo gyus are saying : "hey, those gyus who bought the wii wouldnt make a difference between an FPS and an RPG just throuh anything at them, theyll get it because they have no choice"

it really sucks.

The_Sn1p3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Sn1p3r
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts

dont worry, one day ill fight in the kumite, and make my wii proud.

Avatar image for luigismansion101
luigismansion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 luigismansion101
Member since 2003 • 733 Posts
there are a ton of great games coming out you missed. i have a list of 20 games to buy, and 7 games owned. of course some of those games won't be out til late 08, maybe 09, but there is an amazing line-up of quality games for the wii. in fact, it has the best line-up of them all imo.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
The Wii has at least 10 worth wild games for it that are already out.
Metroid Prime 3
Super Mario Galaxy
Guitar Hero 3
Zack and Wiki
Super Paper Mario
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Battalion Wars 2
Mario Strikers: charged
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
---
so this whole 'Wii Has no games' argument is really dumb, because it has plenty. I could list more but i said 'at least 10'.
Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tokyo90
Member since 2007 • 2024 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_exclusives
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
For those complaining about games for the Wii:
1) No one said you had to play it.
2) I don't seem to have a hard time finding games to play that I enjoy. Those complaining are either anal or don't like the same types of games. 3) No one said you had to play it. I actually like to not be a clone of the next gamer. I play what appeals to me, like to share what I like with others, and respect the opinions of others that differ from myself. I don't have to support my decisions by opinionated lists, propular opinions, or screen shots. If only more people had the ability to think for themselves and realize all people are different and accept that rather than force it on others, not just talking video games here, the world would be a better place.
adar_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 adar_g
Member since 2004 • 29 Posts
Aside from Haziqonfire's sig, there's a destinct lake of No More Heroes in these lists.
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

thread destine to transform into flames.... but..

does anyone has more info about Baroque... I want that one :D :P

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kenakuma
[QUOTE="kenakuma"]

Kuhu

2 reasons for that

1. Non nintendo-fanboys have always hated Nintendo products due to the release and success of their main titles, such as mario, zelda, and metroid

2. The most popular system is always criticized. I remember the PS2 being criticized a lot last gen.

well the GC got ripped a part in arguments and it was hardly a popular system, but i see what your saying.

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

kenakuma

1 very simple, yet infinitely complex answer: Jealousy

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kenakuma
[QUOTE="kenakuma"]

icarus212001

1 very simple, yet infinitely complex answer: Jealousy

well id hardly say if i had xbox live i would be jealous of NWFC, but yeah jealousy is definetly a factor in some areas.

Kuhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kuhu
Member since 2004 • 2845 Posts
[QUOTE="Kuhu"][QUOTE="kenakuma"]

kenakuma

2 reasons for that

well the GC got ripped a part in arguments and it was hardly a popular system, but i see what your saying.

1 is meant for the GC/handhelds and 2 is meant for the PS2 and handhelds (The handhelds are both Nintendo made and are very popular: GB, GBA, GBA, DS, DSLite)

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kenakuma
[QUOTE="kenakuma"][QUOTE="Kuhu"][QUOTE="kenakuma"]

Kuhu

2 reasons for that

1 is meant for the GC/handhelds and 2 is meant for the PS2 and handhelds (The handhelds are both Nintendo made and are very popular: GB, GBA, GBA, DS, DSLite)

i actually think the wii might be surpasing the ds as a more popular system!

nakasa5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 nakasa5
Member since 2005 • 1429 Posts

Am I not allowed to critique the Wii if I own one? As a Wii owner, I can complain that there is a lack of quality third person titles compared to other systems. As a 360 owner, I can say that there there have been too many hardware problems. Is this wrong for me to say?

Luckily for Nintendo, they have tons of great 1st party titles that compensate for the lack of 3rd party.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kenakuma

Am I not allowed to critique the Wii if I own one? As a Wii owner, I can complain that there is a lack of quality third person titles compared to other systems. As a 360 owner, I can say that there there have been too many hardware problems. Is this wrong for me to say?

Luckily for Nintendo, they have tons of great 1st party titles that compensate for the lack of 3rd party.

nakasa5

ya thats what i think to! who needs 3rd party when theirs at least 5-10 amazing first party titles! but ppl keep saying that without 3rd party titles the system will die...

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Aside from Haziqonfire's sig, there's a destinct lake of No More Heroes in these lists.adar_g

i would have put it in my list but i was talking about games that are already out.

indeed NMH is coming out soon, however i want to play it first before i can truly say its great -- even though i think its going to be awesome.
Jazunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jazunn
Member since 2007 • 666 Posts
[QUOTE="nakasa5"]

kenakuma

ya thats what i think to! who needs 3rd party when theirs at least 5-10 amazing first party titles! but ppl keep saying that without 3rd party titles the system will die...

A system needs 3rd party support, it cannot live on 1st party support. Nintendo has done a great job of pumping a lot of blockbuster hits out but they will have nothing left for Q4 2008 and for 2009. If quality 3rd parties are available by then, Wii will have won the console war.

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

The people who are complaining of that subject are people who want more violent games and less kiddy games. That's all.

For me, I have 16 Wii games on my wishlist. I'm good with that.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kenakuma
[QUOTE="kenakuma"][QUOTE="nakasa5"]

Jazunn

A system needs 3rd party support, it cannot live on 1st party support. Nintendo has done a great job of pumping a lot of blockbuster hits out but they will have nothing left for Q4 2008 and for 2009. If quality 3rd parties are available by then, Wii will have won the console war.

ya thats what i thought, i just dont see 3rd party games improving anytime soon if ever.

Jazunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jazunn
Member since 2007 • 666 Posts
[QUOTE="Jazunn"][QUOTE="kenakuma"][QUOTE="nakasa5"]

kenakuma

ya thats what i thought, i just dont see 3rd party games improving anytime soon if ever.

Quality games usually take 1 to 3 years to make... If Nintendo played their cards right when they start running out of steam a wave of killer 3rd party games should pop up.

NaelNael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NaelNael
Member since 2006 • 168 Posts

Why the hell do people compare consoles!!! Why do people complain about their consoles??? all that matters is if "YOU"like what you bought or not, you don't have to convince everyone that your console is the best... You don't even have to show anyone what games are great, they should find them if they are interested in their console :| and if you don't like what you bought then sell it and get something else. When will this torment ever end?? :?

andres836

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 andres836
well you see those are the games i have or have played but the other sugeestions you people are making are great
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#30 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
[QUOTE="kenakuma"][QUOTE="nakasa5"]

Jazunn

I don't buy that. I think consoles taking a loss on every sale of their console hardware NEED 3rd party support as it increases the revenue to the hardware manufacturer and those that make the dev kits and such. But in Nintendo's case, they are already making a bunch of money on each console sale, coupled with their first party titles (which are 100% revenue once they work back original dev costs), why does nintendo need 3rd party support? They don't. The more games a system has definately increases the chance of more people buying it, but other than that 1st party support will always trump 3rd party support... from the console makers perspective.
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kenakuma

Why the hell do people compare consoles!!! Why do people complain about their consoles??? all that matters is if "YOU"like what you bought or not, you don't have to convince everyone that your console is the best... You don't even have to show anyone what games are great, they should find them if they are interested in their console :| and if you don't like what you bought then sell it and get something else. When will this torment ever end?? :?

NaelNael

if only.....

Okami_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Okami_Link
Member since 2007 • 488 Posts

Games out there:

Zelda Twilight Princess

Super Mario Galaxy

Metroid Prime Hunters

Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles

Trauma Center : Second Opinion

Trauma Center New Blood

Batalion Wars Wii

Medal of Honor Heroes

Zack and Wiki

Rayman Raving Rabids

Games that are coming:

No More Heroes

Okami Wii

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Mario Kart Wii

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles The Crystal Bearers

Tales of Symphonia Knight of Ratatosk

Opoona

Baroque

Fragile

Heavenly Guardian

The Monkey King The Legend Begins

Dragon Quest Swords

Disaster Day of Crisis

Wii Music

The thing is, if you can't find at least one game from that list that interest you, than there is nothing else we can do. Sell your Wii, give it to your dog eat, burn it ( well, no, at least if you don't want problems with Greenpeace)

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
The Wii is a great system, but it isn't just for all tastes. People like different things, you know. There will always be complains about systems, specially popular systems like the Wii.
Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 Sim_genius
Member since 2005 • 9562 Posts
the wii actually has more exclusives then the ps3 and 360.lethal18
Yes, but that doesn't mean most will be good.
The_Sn1p3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The_Sn1p3r
of course they are going to be great triple A titles coming, thats a given, and if still you are not totally satisfyed, i present to you, the WiiWare, where supposevely are going to be created by gamers like "YOU", so how can the "complainers" complain about the games that are created by them?
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kenakuma

of course they are going to be great triple A titles coming, thats a given, and if still you are not totally satisfyed, i present to you, the WiiWare, where supposevely are going to be created by gamers like "YOU", so how can the "complainers" complain about the games that are created by them?The_Sn1p3r

r you saying that wii ware will have custom games for dl! that sounds pretty cool! i just dont think the wii would be able to hold more than 1 or 2 because of its low memory.

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
thank you for listing mostly first party titles :|
NaelNael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NaelNael
Member since 2006 • 168 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Sn1p3r"]of course they are going to be great triple A titles coming, thats a given, and if still you are not totally satisfyed, i present to you, the WiiWare, where supposevely are going to be created by gamers like "YOU", so how can the "complainers" complain about the games that are created by them?kenakuma

r you saying that wii ware will have custom games for dl! that sounds pretty cool! i just dont think the wii would be able to hold more than 1 or 2 because of its low memory.

ehm... SD cards :idea:

The_Sn1p3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 The_Sn1p3r
^^yea, SD cards, or who knows, those usb ports my just add wii memory expansion.
Kenyard7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kenyard7
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts

NaelNael

Very much agreed. It's all a matter of opinion. I would love to get a 360, but my parents don't let me play games rated M and we all know that the 360 has no good games rated under M besides rock band (No flaming, remember the OPINION thing I'm talkin about). I don't like sports games either so it would be useless for me to get one. I have nothing against the system, and nor do I complain about it, I just don't really want it. In one word all I could think of is opinion. I like Mario. I have a Wii. My cousin likes sports games. He has a 360. Doesn't that kind of make sense. (don't get me started on the PS3 though:roll:

Baruton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Baruton
Member since 2003 • 58 Posts

here is a great list of games that are out or will be coming out to shut you up.

andres836

I think you mean "a list of great games" not "a great list of games". I have a few problems with your list. I don't think every game you've listed is 'great' at all, additionally I live in Australia and we are being screwed over by Nintendo.

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

Super MArio Galaxy

Zack and Wiki

SSBB

andres836

I agree, they are good games.

Metroid Prime 3

andres836

Retro dropped multiplayer, I realise Prime 2's multiplayer wasn't anything to write home about but Retro should have at least tried to expand on the multiplayer and preferably developed online multiplayer. Considering Metroid: Hunters on the DS did I think it's weak that they dropped it for the console version.

Baroque

Starwars Force Unleashed

Tales of symphonia 2

andres836

Baroque isn't my type of game but I am glad to see it on the Wii as it's definitely unconventional. However, Starwars is a port of a 360 and PS3 game and will probably have controls tacked on, based on the latest interviews. Tales of Symphonia, I can't find a listing for that appearing on the Wii, are you sure? It's a PS2 port from a couple of years ago anyway.

FF Crystal Chroniclas Cyrstal Bearers

Fire Emblem Radient Dawn

MOHH2

andres836

MOHH2 isn't out here in Australia yet, I'll agree it's great though. In fact we're behind on quite a few games, including the new Trauma Centre, we only got the original Trauma Centre for the Wii (a launch title in the states) about 2 months ago. Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy I do not doubt will be delayed here as well.

and a game i like DBZ budokai tenkaichi 3

andres836

The DBZ games are not great games.

Furthermore, if no one makes good games on the Wii and casual gamers continue to purchase 'party games' and so forth from companies like Majesco then there'll never be a turnaround for the Wii market.

I apoligise if this post seems snappy, I'm not angry at you. I'm angry at Nintendo Australia and the third party developers who are churning out 'family friendly' and 'party games' on the Wii as opposed to trying to make interesting or fun games with narratives.

Imagine it, a new third party title:

a) built from the ground up with good controls or a good play mechanic

b) a storyline/narrative

c) cooperative play or an online competitive multiplayer

I hold out hope for Hideo Kojima and I look forward to playing Trauma Centre 2. Right now the only games I desperately want to play are Brawl and No More Heroes, yet neither of them have release dates for Australia yet.

EDIT: No More Heroes has a release date for Australia after all, Feb 28. I'm slightly happier now.

andres836

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 andres836
i agree on the fact that they should have added online or multiplayer for metroid prime 3 ......and well you never know starwars might turn out to be a good game,....also tales of symphonia 2 is on gametrailers.com,.....and i said i liked DBZ not that it was a great game but that i like it,....and yeah i totally agree with what you said at the end.
Baruton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Baruton
Member since 2003 • 58 Posts

i agree on the fact that they should have added online or multiplayer for metroid prime 3 ......and well you never know starwars might turn out to be a good game,....also tales of symphonia 2 is on gametrailers.com,.....and i said i liked DBZ not that it was a great game but that i like it,....and yeah i totally agree with what you said at the end. andres836

I'm glad you didn't flip out and yell at me :-) I enjoyed Super Dragon Ball Z by the way, on the Playstation 2 and I am a fan of the series, just not Budokai or the others developed by Spike.

To drive my point home about how you could make a cool Wii game, I present a mockup of a Metal Gear Solid inspired Wii game with instructions on how the Wiimote would function, something along the lines of the Tank game from Wii Play. It's not supposed to be designed from the ground up, but you can see how you could have hectic split-screen or online multiplayer as well as a single player game with a storyline:

game design specification with elements of Metal Gear Solid and the Tank game from Wii Play.

I apoligise for the poor graphics, I made it with Microsoft Paint and I don't have my tablet with me at the moment >.

jznj03yjzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jznj03yjzn
Member since 2007 • 75 Posts
zelda sucked.........galaxy was boring and short..............metroid prime 3 was THE boringest game i have ever played
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kenakuma

zelda sucked.........galaxy was boring and short..............metroid prime 3 was THE boringest game i have ever playedjznj03yjzn

well everyone is entitled to their opinion:)

andres836

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 andres836
yeah that would be a really kool game
andres836

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 andres836

zelda sucked.........galaxy was boring and short..............metroid prime 3 was THE boringest game i have ever playedjznj03yjzn

okay you have to be pretty weird not to like at least one of those games

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kenakuma

[QUOTE="jznj03yjzn"]zelda sucked.........galaxy was boring and short..............metroid prime 3 was THE boringest game i have ever playedandres836

lol still an opinon is an opinion. i personally love all of them.

artiedeadat40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 artiedeadat40
Member since 2007 • 1695 Posts

The WII has Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, and The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. They are must have games the PS3 does not have one game I want that the 360 doesnt have. The virtual console is also great. The WII really is a solid console.

artiedeadat40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 artiedeadat40
Member since 2007 • 1695 Posts
[QUOTE="andres836"]

[QUOTE="jznj03yjzn"]zelda sucked.........galaxy was boring and short..............metroid prime 3 was THE boringest game i have ever playedkenakuma

lol still an opinon is an opinion. i personally love all of them.

Is boringest even a word? In your opinion what games are good?