Flat screen leaving permanent marks on the top screen....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pacific90
Member since 2010 • 848 Posts

The square box on the flat bottom screen has left a mark on the top screen. Has anyone else decided to take the time to send their 3ds in for repair because of this or just let it be?

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

I got my 3DS the day of the price drop and have never had this issue. You aren't slamming the thing shut are you?

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 pacific90

But I should probably be more gentle with the thing anyways. But I read some people have been sending theres in and Nintendo fixes it. But I dont know if its worth a slight thing

KiD_ReMiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KiD_ReMiX
Member since 2011 • 254 Posts

Mines was beginning to do this as well, so I cut one of my ipod screen shields down to size to put on my top screen. Even so, the shield is starting to get a permanent mark, but I guess that's better than the screen itself. I say go ahead and send it in to Nintendo. I've heard some other people had some success with this, but I don't know if they replace the screen or the entire 3DS itself. I would call ahead to customer service and ask them.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Send it in to Nintendo. I did, they were good about it.

crispyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 crispyo
Member since 2005 • 1801 Posts
Well I'm hoping my screen protectors are working for that, but yeah I can definitely notice it because it leaves a smudge mark.
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I sent mine into Nintendo, they sent me a new one.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
The bottom screen does leave marks, which I hear can end up as permanent scratches. I just place a micro fiber cloth, which I use to clean my screens too, and I haven't had any marks since. It kind of happens when it's in your pockets, or bag, and it's moving around I believe.
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Yeah I use a cloth between my screens as well. My previous 3DS was so bad that it left marks even if there was a cloth between the screens. This new 3DS seems to be a lot better now. I don't get any marks whatsoever, but that's with the cloth - I don't want to risk it without the cloth.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pacific90

The bottom screen does leave marks, which I hear can end up as permanent scratches. I just place a micro fiber cloth, which I use to clean my screens too, and I haven't had any marks since. It kind of happens when it's in your pockets, or bag, and it's moving around I believe. yoshi_64

Did you ever send it in to be repaired or just put the fiber cloth there?

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pacific90

Just called them up and the guy talked to an advisor and they are going to repair it so it doesnt happen again.

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts

Just called them up and the guy talked to an advisor and they are going to repair it so it doesnt happen again.

pacific90
Did they explain what that meant? Unless they actually change something on the 3ds it is going to happen again...
pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pacific90

[QUOTE="pacific90"]

TankZorz

Did they explain what that meant? Unless they actually change something on the 3ds it is going to happen again...

Yeah I was pretty skeptical of his response. He said that the manufactorer would send me a model with corrections. But he couldnt gurantee me that for sure. I am packaging the 3DS now. Hope those Nintendo weasels are telling the truth and just dont send me another defective unit.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

[QUOTE="TankZorz"][QUOTE="pacific90"]

pacific90

Yeah I was pretty skeptical of his response. He said that the manufactorer would send me a model with corrections. But he couldnt gurantee me that for sure. I am packaging the 3DS now. Hope those Nintendo weasels are telling the truth and just dont send me another defective unit.

Yeah, it'll probably happen again. It's about time for me to send mine back it. :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

trugs26

out of curiosity, did you have any e-shop content on there? was any of it effected?

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]The bottom screen does leave marks, which I hear can end up as permanent scratches. I just place a micro fiber cloth, which I use to clean my screens too, and I haven't had any marks since. It kind of happens when it's in your pockets, or bag, and it's moving around I believe. pacific90

Did you ever send it in to be repaired or just put the fiber cloth there?

No, it has no scratches. I used the cloth early, I got smudges on it, that wiped away, but I hear that over time the top screen rubs against the bottom one, so they become more than just a smudge. Either put a screen protector on the top screen, or just buy a fiber cloth, like I do (really cheap), and place it between the screens.
david_lck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 david_lck
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts
Use a screen protector, as you can easily wipe it off.
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#18 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

[QUOTE="trugs26"]

darkspineslayer

out of curiosity, did you have any e-shop content on there? was any of it effected?

I am curious about this as well. Also, what kind of turn around time are we looking at?

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

[QUOTE="pacific90"]

TankZorz

The problem can be fixed by placing larger bumpers on the top screen. Just one or two millimeters of extra lenght and the problem is gone. I'm assuming that is what they are doing.

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts

[QUOTE="TankZorz"][QUOTE="pacific90"]

DarkGamer007

The problem can be fixed by placing larger bumpers on the top screen. Just one or two millimeters of extra lenght and the problem is gone. I'm assuming that is what they are doing.

That's what I suspect as well.
Noname81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Noname81
Member since 2011 • 186 Posts

I just wipe mine off and that seems to fix it. It's not bad enough to notice while I'm playing.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 pacific90

Im buying a screen protector though when I get it back ha ha.

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#23 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

I just wipe mine off and that seems to fix it. It's not bad enough to notice while I'm playing.

Noname81

That was what mine was like at first too but over time the abrassiveness of the dirt eventually wore permenant scratches.

SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SNESMaster420
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts

You can get a pack of 3 screen shields (3 top, 3 bottom)at Toys R Us for $5. This was a blessing. I am anal aboutscreens and considered ghost armor but that would be about $30. I screwed up the first one with a couple of air bubbles, but the second one looks pro.