Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for DaLegendKilla92
DaLegendKilla92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DaLegendKilla92
Member since 2007 • 919 Posts
Does Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn have the same graphics as Path of Radiance? Is it a continuation of the same story? Also, with the cutscenes in the game, are they still cel-shaded or FMV. I'm thinknig about getting it, but from a player's standpoint, I want to know what is wrong with it. Gamespot gave it a 6.0 I think.
skanjos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 skanjos
Member since 2006 • 647 Posts

nothing is wrong with this game.maybe the only thing that is wrong is the difficulty,damn its hard

its a sequel to the old one with the same graphicks

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

You don't have to agree with GS score, but from what I've played is that it is extremely hard (but not as hard as the Japanese version). It was supposed to be a GC game but was moved to the Wii without any changes so the graphics look the same as PoR. I think it was dumb for them to rate it low just because there is no Mii support in which I find it very pointless and why does a SRPG needs the waggle? Honestly this isn't the best Fire Emblem game, but its at least decent unless you're a fan of PoR. I still enjoyed it.

dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dragonlife29
Member since 2005 • 14543 Posts

You don't have to agree with GS score, but from what I've played is that it is extremely hard (but not as hard as the Japanese version). It was supposed to be a GC game but was moved to the Wii without any changes so the graphics look the same as PoR. I think it was dumb for them to rate it low just because there is no Mii support in which I find it very pointless and why does a SRPG needs the waggle? Honestly this isn't the best Fire Emblem game, but its at least decent unless you're a fan of PoR. I still enjoyed it.

FireEmblem_Man
Wasn't the Japanese version easier? Our normal is their hard if I recall.
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts
its HARD! 'omg omg I'm gonna kill the boss now HAHA!" *micaihah dies* "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts
Wasn't the Japanese version easier? Our normal is their hard if I recall. dragonlife29
you have it a little mixed up, they had Intense Mode (or something like that) which was so hard it got cut from the US game. Also, our normal is their easy, our hard is their normal, and then there is intense mode. They don't actually have an easy mode like ours outside Japan.
Jazunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jazunn
Member since 2007 • 666 Posts

its HARD! 'omg omg I'm gonna kill the boss now HAHA!" *micaihah dies* "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"snowman6251

Level up Micaihah ;)

spidermonkey11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 spidermonkey11
Member since 2007 • 1716 Posts
Well it is good enough for me to play it again!
icesand3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 icesand3
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

That was a crap review by Gamespot. Its a SRPG, its supposed to be tough. People cry about the difficulty because when they first play the game they go on normal difficulty instead of easy. Just play the game on easy mode and its tough, but not too tough. I made the mistake of going on normal on my first playthrough and I did suffer from the difficulty level and I had to restart. I played on easy and had a super fun playthrough.

I can't belive GS gave this game a 6 because it was too hard for them.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
Yes i was just wondering about this game since it just got released here. Never had the chance to play path of radiance, so i guess i should read up on the story first.. Wiki? Or is there a better explanation?
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
Its a good game just some dissappointments as its Nintendo and they really didnt take the effort to make it a true wii game.

Anyway visuals are yes Path of Radiance level, but i never knew they looked this bad. TO be honest it could be worse.

THe gameplay is addicting as ever

People say its hard, i like it. Its challanging, in Path of Radiance you could run through the entire game with just a beefed up Oscar and Ike. In this game there is more of a balance between all your characters, and strategy makes up for everything.
izayoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 izayoi
Member since 2003 • 1718 Posts
The graphics looks more cel chaded too me. They look better then Path of Radiance.
Jazunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jazunn
Member since 2007 • 666 Posts

Its a good game just some dissappointments as its Nintendo and they really didnt take the effort to make it a true wii game. jg4xchamp

How would they have made it a true Wii game? The best i can see is that they would have made the wii-mote like a mouse but even then a classic NES setup is still a lot more confortable! :D

B1kmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 B1kmatt
Member since 2007 • 993 Posts
It was actually very good Nintendo Power gave it a 9.5. And it is just a sequal with a few differences from the original
casinater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 casinater
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

Does Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn have the same graphics as Path of Radiance? Is it a continuation of the same story? Also, with the cutscenes in the game, are they still cel-shaded or FMV. I'm thinknig about getting it, but from a player's standpoint, I want to know what is wrong with it. Gamespot gave it a 6.0 I think.
DaLegendKilla92

well the graphics are pretty much the same but the game itself is twice as long as the first one. i am up to 40 hours and i am on the next to last chapter. i like it alot and i don't have any major gripes except i don't get to use all of the characters that i would like to. it's not a totally awesome game but it is quite good and i would recomend getting it.

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts
I'm not particularily good at strategy games so for the this game is like getting slapped in the face but I still enjoy it and I love the story. One of my favorite story lines in games. GS used the story as a demerit which shocked me.
Avatar image for The-Great-One99
The-Great-One99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The-Great-One99
Member since 2008 • 147 Posts
POR was significantly easier. If i were u (if u haven't already) play POR first to get used to the frustations of Fire Emblem, trust me playing this game can be bittersweet
FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts
[QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]

dragonlife29

Wasn't the Japanese version easier? Our normal is their hard if I recall.

No, the Japanese version has Maniac Mode which is 10x extremely hard. Infact, all GBA and PoR FE games in Japn are harder than there western counterparts.

yeahyeahbigN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 yeahyeahbigN
Member since 2007 • 1345 Posts
the game is awesome. i bought it and i enjoyed the game till the very end. it's a good investment if you liked the one on GC.