Faceplates for New 3DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

So I'm one of the lucky ones who nabbed the $99 New 3DS during Black Friday. I'm wanting to buy a new faceplate for it, but haven't been able to find a single faceplate at any GameStop I've been to. Has anyone ever actually seen a New 3DS faceplate sold in a store before, or am I stuck purchasing online? (I'm not digging my option on the Nintendo online store.)

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

Pretty much online only, unfortunately.

I also got the Black Friday 3DS and have been on the hunt for games and accessories. Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games and Source (our version of Radioshack) don't really have faceplates. I've been to about a dozen video game stores and random stores in Chinatown ... nothing.

I only came across one video game store that had them. They were used and didn't look great. So I gave up. lol

We don't have a lot here in North America because they were mostly pushing out the 3DS XL. The regular size DS seems to be more common in Japan, so I assume they're probably easier to find there. (Not that I'm suggesting you go fly to Japan just to buy one.... )

For me, I'm keeping an eye out for this one online, but it's like $50 Cdn (~$37 USD). F*** that.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#3 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

@flipin_jackass That's exactly the kind of faceplate I've been looking for. Where'd you find it?

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

@REVOLUTIONfreak Nowhere special. EBay or Amazon. Just search for "Kisekae" 3ds faceplates. That specific one is Model #056 - Zelda. Or something like that.

If I was opportunistic, I would have bought a couple of those Black Friday 3DS, slap on these faceplates and charged a premium. Probably would have sold pretty quick too because they'd look so unique. (Though, that Mario faceplate look awesome as it is)

Avatar image for logicallizard07
logicallizard07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 logicallizard07
Member since 2015 • 325 Posts

Nintendo.com actually sells some of the faceplates and they change their inventory from time to time.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

I still see them in some stores where I live. Sorry I can't help you, though. I live in Sweden. I got this for my girlfriend since she's the one with the 3DS you can change coverplates on. Found this pic on play-asia.com, by the way. Check that site out, they seem to have plenty coverplates. And it didn't look very expensive.