eShop won't open after the latest update.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

widdowson91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

User Lists: 7

#1 widdowson91
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

I've updated my 3DS to add the Miiverse, and I've updated the eShop to link it to my Nintendo Network account, but for some reason the eShop simply won't load up. I've tried multiple times, and whenever I search for help on Google I can't seem to get an answer to the problem. Can anybody please help me out?

Drew_Atreides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2 Drew_Atreides
Member since 2003 • 1282 Posts

Are these problems happening today? I figure the issue isn't with the update, but rather with the Eshop getting absolutely bombed right now because it's christmas morning. I know my son and i both got the new pokemon game and have been trying to download an update for it with no success. I think you just have to be patient.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#3 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

I'm getting an error as well. Assuming it's because of Christmas morning, considering the eShop worked fine when I was perusing on Sunday.

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

i glad other people are having this problem. i also cant accep online at all. cant play online or access the eshop. but damn i just got point cards and want top doenload nes remix.

they should fix this shit.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Yeah the eShop is down across both platforms. And the network is undergoing maintenance.

GoNintendo: Nintendo online services experiencing issues, extended maintenance

Smallville0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Smallville0608
Member since 2013 • 87 Posts

Yeah, was trying to do a system transfer to my new XL, no luck, figured it was because of the holiday. Still slightly upset though.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By REVOLUTIONfreak

It's actually kind of amazing (read: ridiculous) that Nintendo has let this go the entire day without being functional. (Or at least my eShop still won't open.) Christmas Day, of all days?

JuanGrande386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JuanGrande386
Member since 2003 • 1116 Posts

After that update I had to redownload all my downloaded 3DS games, ambassador games, and any games that have downloadable updates (Mario Kart, Pokemon, Mario and Luigi). That was pretty annoying!

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kaze_no_Mirai

@REVOLUTIONfreak:

Agreed. I wonder what exactly is going on, it seems strange for it to happen on Christmas and for such a long time. I wonder what's going on.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Good to know I'm not the only one with issues. I connected about 7:30 this morn (U.S. Central) however I had issues soon after and havent been able to reconnect all day since.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

tried to play some black ops a couple hours ago and couldnt connect.

widdowson91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By widdowson91

@Drew_Atreides said:

Are these problems happening today? I figure the issue isn't with the update, but rather with the Eshop getting absolutely bombed right now because it's christmas morning. I know my son and i both got the new pokemon game and have been trying to download an update for it with no success. I think you just have to be patient.

Well the eShop was working fine before I updated it. The bombardment may have something to do with it, but I don't think it is the only thing. It's pretty ridiculous that Nintendo haven't seemed to do anything about it.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 REVOLUTIONfreak

@widdowson91 said:

@Drew_Atreides said:

Well the eShop was working fine before I updated it. The bombardment may have something to do with it, but I don't think it is the only thing. It's pretty ridiculous that Nintendo haven't seemed to do anything about it.

I really don't think it has anything to do with the update. I updated my 3DS weeks ago, and the eShop's been fine. The Nintendo site has a note about increased traffic, so that must be it, but I don't know why Nintendo's done nothing to either alleviate the problem or, at the very least, let people know there is a problem.

widdowson91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 widdowson91

@REVOLUTIONfreak said:

@widdowson91 said:

@Drew_Atreides said:

I really don't think it has anything to do with the update. I updated my 3DS weeks ago, and the eShop's been fine. The Nintendo site has a note about increased traffic, so that must be it, but I don't know why Nintendo's done nothing to either alleviate the problem or, at the very least, let people know there is a problem.

I got in contact with Customer Service and even they seem to not know of any 'problem'. It's annoying, it's been like it for a few days now. And I really want to download Pushmo and Crashmo with some of the money I got for Christmas. I'm sure NoA acknowledged something about the issue on Twitter, but that's been about it.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 REVOLUTIONfreak

@widdowson91 said:

@REVOLUTIONfreak said:

@widdowson91 said:

@Drew_Atreides said:

I got in contact with Customer Service and even they seem to not know of any 'problem'. It's annoying, it's been like it for a few days now. And I really want to download Pushmo and Crashmo with some of the money I got for Christmas. I'm sure NoA acknowledged something about the issue on Twitter, but that's been about it.

Funny. I just called and one of the first things the recording said to me was, "We are aware of service issues with the eShop and are working to determine the problem." Which, honestly, it doesn't sound very promising that they don't even know what's wrong.

widdowson91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By widdowson91

@REVOLUTIONfreak said:

@widdowson91 said:

@REVOLUTIONfreak said:

@widdowson91 said:

@Drew_Atreides said:

Funny. I just called and one of the first things the recording said to me was, "We are aware of service issues with the eShop and are working to determine the problem." Which, honestly, it doesn't sound very promising that they don't even know what's wrong.

Well I didn't ring them, I sent an email. Hell, I don't know. I'll just have to wait it out. I'm really disappointed though.

Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#17  Edited By Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts

I have the same problem. No happy by it since pokemon bank is supposed to come out tomorrow :|

widdowson91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 widdowson91

@Soulreavercross said:

I have the same problem. No happy by it since pokemon bank is supposed to come out tomorrow :|

It has now officially been delayed.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Nintendo HIGHLY underestimated Christmas traffic and Pokemon traffic.

Just imagine the thousands of new 3DS and Wii U consoles opened on Christmas. Hundreds of thousands of people trying to create their Nintendo ID and update their systems. Millions of Japanese players downloading Pokemon Bank. Thousands of people having to update their copies of Pokemon X and Y to 1.2 in order to play online multiplayer. Thousands of people wanting to access the eShop to buy any games on Christmas day.

Now Pokemon Bank has been pulled off the Japanese eShop, with an undecided release date, and we're entering the third day of not being able to access the eShop or 3DS Miiverse.

It's a disaster.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai

Well, eShop was up on Wii U since las night. I bought a few games. And it seems to be working on 3DS as well now. I got Ace Attorney and a few other games just now.

DonkeyBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21 DonkeyBrains
Member since 2013 • 38 Posts

In retrospect, Nintendo really screwed up releasing Pokemon bank the same time when people would be getting eShop cards as Christmas gifts. Not a good idea at all.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

yea it came back last night.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

It's up, but some can only access it during specific times.

Error Code: 011 - 1000

We sincerely apologize, but in an effort to manage the high traffic, and ultimately improve the consumer experience, we are temporarily taking the Nintendo eShop services offline in your region.

Thank you for your patience and please try accessing the Nintendo eShop again during the following times.

List of times.

The Americas
Pacific Time: I:00 am - 1:00 pm
Central Time: 3:00 am - 3:00 pm
Eastern Time: 4:00 am - 4:00 pm

Europe
Western European Time: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Central European Time: 10:00 am - 10:00 pm

Oceania
Australian Eastern Daylight Time: 8:00 pm - 8:00 am

Asia
Korea Standard Time: 6:00 pm - 6:00 am

pandora_wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pandora_wizard
Member since 2008 • 56 Posts

It seems to be alright for me now. I wasn't sure if the same thing that happened to Sony two yearsago (by Anonymous group) happened to Nintendo.