DS Recommendation Thread: Keep ALL Recommendations HERE!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 boboboj
Member since 2005 • 3932 Posts

ALL DS RECOMMENDATIONS IN THIS THREAD.

If you want an opinion about which game to get, this is the thread to post it in. If you want an opinion on a game or going on vacation and want a good DS game, but don't know what to choose, post it in this thread. The DS forum is cluttered with too many of those 'recommendation' thread when we have a big bold sticky thread for it right here! Also, all those x or y recommendations threads will now be locked and the user possibly moderated because those are recommendation threads too and belongs in THIS thread for example Pokemon or Mario Kart should be posted in here! - Soulreavercross

Nintendo DS Recommendation Thread

As you can tell from the topic title I'm now taking I'm now taking opinions for games. The reason for this is that one of the complaints of my thread is that people want another opinion.

You well right a short summary (20 - 40 words) of what is so good or bad about one of these certain games. I well also put a link to your review also.

You're probably asking what you get out of this. Well I well put a hyperlink to your profile and if you have a review you well also get a hyperlink to that.

The rules are as follow.

1 You can't be biased.

2 You can make a summary for as many games as you like.

3 I well also not cater to my friends so everybody has a fair chance.

4. If you think you have a better summary/review then somebody you can always submit you entry.

That is about it for now I might at more rules if I can think of any. Send me your summary threw PM or post on this thread.

AAA Games

GS score 9.2IGN score 9.5

GS - Mario Kart DS represents a significant step forward for Nintendo's much-loved racing series, and not only because it's the first to feature online play.

GS score 9.0IGN score 9.5

GS - New Super Mario Bros. is a terrific 2D side-scroller that makes you think of the old games but never feels like it's just cashing in on past success.

GS score 9.1IGN score 8.0

GS - Yoshi's Island DS is a terrific platformer that's every bit as fun and charming as its predecessor.

GS score 9.2IGN score 9.0

GS - Advance Wars: Dual Strike significantly broadens the scope of this very deep and incredibly fun strategy series while not messing with the fundamentals that made it so great.

AA Games

GS score 8.8IGN score 7.8

GS - Though the game is heavily text-driven and there's little replayability, it's a bright, rich, and lengthy adventure that could hardly have been improved upon otherwise

GS score 7.7IGN score 7.8

GS - Justice for All is a good, lengthy adventure with great character-driven storylines, but it fails to build upon the promising groundwork laid by the first game.

GS score 8.9IGN score 9.3

GS - Whether you're familiar with the series or not, you can't go wrong with Dawn of Sorrow.

GS score 8.3IGN score 8.9

GS - Portrait of Ruin is a great game not because of what it does differently, but because it stays true to the familiar Castlevania design and delivers a fun, lengthy adventure.

GS score 8.9IGN score 9.0

GS - Partners in Time might not have as strong of a script as the previous Mario & Luigi, but it's still another charming, high quality RPG worth any DS owner's while.

GS score 8.4IGN score 8.9

GS - Super Mario 64 DS is a great update of a forbidden>

boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 boboboj

GS score 8.6  IGN score 9.0

GS - Canvas Curse couldn't really be done on any other platform, yet it doesn't sacrifice its gameplay for the sake of short-lived gimmicks.

GS score 7.7  IGN score 7.8

GS - Though Kirby Squeak Squad rarely finds a way to challenge you, it's a clever and cute enough platformer to recommend to most DS owners.

GS score 8.6  IGN score 9.0

GS - Precise controls and a worthwhile multiplayer mode are the highlights of Hunters, a Metroid Prime game that feels more like a first-person shooter than the GameCube games.

GS score 8.2  IGN score 8.0

GS - Metroid Prime Pinball successfully pulls off the insanely ingenious concept of merging the distinct look and feel of Nintendo's sci-fi adventure series with a great game of pinball.

GS score 8.9  GS score 9.5

GS - You won't find a stranger and more addictive rhythm game on a handheld system than Elite Beat Agents.

GS score 8.2  IGN score 7.9

GS - Hotel Dusk weaves an absorbing noir-style mystery with traditional adventure game elements and stylish presentation and does it all with a deft touch.

GS score 8.4  IGN score 8.8

GS - Wild World doesn't toy with the original Animal Crossing formula, but simply being able to take your town with you on the go makes it an easy recommendation.

GS score 8.5  IGN score 9.0

GS - One of the best DS games yet, Meteos delivers a unique and successful twist on the puzzle game formula.

GS score 8.2  IGN score 7.0

GS - The new touch-screen controls, level creator, and colorful presentation make March of the Minis an even better puzzle game than its predecessor.

GS score 8.0  IGN score 8.5

GS - Clubhouse Games serves up 42 different parlor games that practically anyone can pick up and play--and most of them support local and online multiplayer modes.

-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts

Tetris DS is a great one

boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 boboboj

GS score 8.4  IGN score 8.2

GS - With a lengthy, engaging story, great production values, and loads of interesting gameplay touches, this is an action adventure game that's worth the challenge.

GS score 8.1  IGN score 8.9

GS - The parts may seem commonplace, but Puzzle Quest's blend of RPG and puzzle-game convention makes for something refreshingly unique and dangerously addictive.

A Games

GS score 7.8  IGN score 8.0

GS - Trauma Center succeeds because it strikes such a good balance between its medical theme and its puzzler roots.

GS score 7.8  IGN score 8.5

GS - Rocket Slime is a simple adventure packed with personality, puns, and an oddly endearing hero.

GS score 7.5  IGN score 9.0

GS - It's a much better version of Tetris than other recent incarnations, but it's still saddled with some unfortunate compromises.

GS score 7.9  IGN score 7.8

GS - Not only is this a nicely done remake of an influential, little-seen early chapter from this long-running role-playing series, it's also an all-around solid RPG.

GS score 7.7  IGN score 8.2

GS - Mega Man ZX offers a familiar but refined combination of action and platforming that will challenge even the most seasoned Mega Man veterans.

GS score 7.5  IGN score 8.0

GS - The Star Fox fighter squadron returns in this solid flight combat game, which distinguishes itself with its strategic elements and well-designed touch-screen controls.

GS score 7.1  IGN score 6.8

GS - Mario Hoops presents an interesting new way to control what turns out to be a fun little basketball game.

GS score 7.3  IGN score 6.8

GS - While some inventory and travel issues make eking out a living a shade more tedious than it really needs to be, at its best the game is an addicting exercise in the power of human perseverance.

GS score 7.2  IGN score 6.0

GS - Trace Memory serves up an interesting story with a handful of inspired puzzles that are all too quickly conquered.

boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 boboboj

GS score 7.2  IGN score 8.5

GS - WarioWare: Touched! leans way too heavily on the DS touch screen for its own good.

boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 boboboj

Imports

GS readers 9.5  IGN readers 8.8

GS - Bleach on the DS features head-to-head fighting with up to 4 players wirelessly. It also features slight customization via trait cards.

GS readers 9.6  IGN readers 9.5

GS - Jump! Ultimate Stars is a fighting game for the Nintendo DS, based on the popular Weekly Shonen Jump! comic digest.

GS readers 7.7  IGN readers 8.1

GS – Tales of the Tempest is a RPG continuing the Tales series, this time putting you in the role of Caius Qualls, a 15-year-old boy who’s journey to find his true parents.

GS readers 9.2  IGN readers 9.3

GS - In Ouendan you must time your marker hits to correspond with the timing cycle to build up combos. The North American version of this game is called Elite Beat Agents, which has completely redone content.

boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 boboboj

(Reserved for future updates)

boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 boboboj

DS lite Colors

Pros. doesn't show finger prints, nice white sleek design

Cons: shows scratches in the right light, the L and R buttons may turn yellow, may get dirt in the edges

Pros: doesn't show scratches or finger prints, original most people won't have this color

Cons: dirt may be visible if it get into edges

Pros: doesn't show scrathes, original most people won't have this color

Cons: shows finger prints

Pros: doesn't show finger prints or scratches

Cons: dirt may be visible if it gets into the edges

Pros: doesn't show scratches

Cons: shows finger prints

crispyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 crispyo
Member since 2005 • 1801 Posts
Nice work so far. It should be stickied on front page and not in that other sticky. I hope you add FFIII, it deserves to be a reccomended game in "AA" or "A".
boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 boboboj

Nice work so far. It should be stickied on front page and not in that other sticky. I hope you add FFIII, it deserves to be a reccomended game in "AA" or "A". crispyo

yeah am going to add FFIII under A unfortunetly :( it deverseves a AA but i'll add it soon actually i'll add it now.

gazoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 gazoz
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts
just make sure you update this thread when new games come out. There is already a sticky just like this one, but if you add more games to it, i'm sure this will be better.
boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 boboboj

just make sure you update this thread when new games come out. There is already a sticky just like this one, but if you add more games to it, i'm sure this will be better.gazoz

Yeah that was the problem with borris's thread he needed a banner for each new game so that was bad. So fare i have more games than borris on this thread so i doing good so far i'm going to add imports now.

palomaydarla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 palomaydarla
Member since 2005 • 73 Posts
very nice work getting all those info.. thanks
boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 boboboj
Ok i'm basically finished but if somebody has a game they me to put up just ask i well most likely put it up.
flinnha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 flinnha
Member since 2006 • 1890 Posts
Pretty good list, but most of these games are the heavily touted ones everyone already knows about. I think it would be worthwhile to include some of the games that were overlooked by the majority of players to make this guide usefull to DS veterans also instead of just DS newbies. If you're concerned about "dirtying up your list" with the likes of these you might consider adding a section for "rated high by the minority" For example: Lost in Blue Tony Hawk (i've only played the first, but Downhill is greatness on the Wii) Trace Memory (if you consider Hotel Dusk great then you'll like this one too)
flinnha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 flinnha
Also I'm not sure I agree with your rating system, it looks as though you're just going by Gamespot score and we all know they don't represent the general public all the time. But I guess that's up to you.
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#17 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts
Meteos and Animal Crossing are my two favorite games. I wholeheartedly reccomend them. By the way, good idea including IGN review and GS review.
boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 boboboj

Pretty good list, but most of these games are the heavily touted ones everyone already knows about. I think it would be worthwhile to include some of the games that were overlooked by the majority of players to make this guide usefull to DS veterans also instead of just DS newbies. If you're concerned about "dirtying up your list" with the likes of these you might consider adding a section for "rated high by the minority" For example: Lost in Blue Tony Hawk (i've only played the first, but Downhill is greatness on the Wii) Trace Memory (if you consider Hotel Dusk great then you'll like this one too)flinnha

Ok my list so far is only for newbies but you have a exellent point a vetrans so i'll add trace memoru and lost in blue. But i dont think i'll add tony hawk because they didn't get high marks and it's not that creative. but i might add more if give me mre suggestions. And do you think i should add wario war and brain age?

boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 boboboj

Also I'm not sure I agree with your rating system, it looks as though you're just going by Gamespot score and we all know they don't represent the general public all the time. But I guess that's up to you.flinnha

well i also put ign score but if you want me to add a third i'll just tell me the sight and i'll think about it

Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Sparky-05
Member since 2006 • 2015 Posts
awsome, you should add Animal Crossing as well. I also think that you should consider adding Lost Magic.
flinnha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 flinnha

[QUOTE="flinnha"]Also I'm not sure I agree with your rating system, it looks as though you're just going by Gamespot score and we all know they don't represent the general public all the time. But I guess that's up to you.boboboj

well i also put ign score but if you want me to add a third i'll just tell me the sight and i'll think about it

If it were me I would use the "you say" score here on GameSpot, as that is the score us players give to the game.
Quinones22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#22 Quinones22
Member since 2005 • 1330 Posts
Super Mario 64 DS and MKDS best games ever!
graham_celtic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 graham_celtic
Member since 2006 • 1190 Posts
Good to see it back!
Avatar image for Xx_King_Beef_xX
Xx_King_Beef_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Xx_King_Beef_xX
Member since 2005 • 591 Posts

Nice work on the list there. Might I recommend Resident Evil: Deadly Silence to be added to the list?

_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 _Cab0ose87_
Member since 2006 • 1002 Posts
you should add Bionicle Heroes, Its a really fun shooter... if you can get past the fact that its Bionicle.
yoda-san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 yoda-san
Member since 2006 • 323 Posts

Imports

GS readers 9.5  IGN readers 8.8

GS - Bleach on the DS features head-to-head fighting with up to 4 players wirelessly. It also features slight customization via trait cards.

GS readers 9.6  IGN readers 9.5

GS - Jump! Ultimate Stars is a fighting game for the Nintendo DS, based on the popular Weekly Shonen Jump! comic digest.

GS readers 7.7  IGN readers 8.1

GS – Tales of the Tempest is a RPG continuing the Tales series, this time putting you in the role of Caius Qualls, a 15-year-old boy who’s journey to find his true parents.

boboboj

Tales of the Tempest is actually a soild game.

MikeW_82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MikeW_82
Member since 2006 • 28 Posts
Ouendan should be added to the Imports list. 
boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 boboboj

Ouendan should be added to the Imports list.  MikeW_82

ok i just added it

boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 boboboj
Ok diddy kong racing got a 7.1 on IGN http://ds.ign.com/articles/761/761628p1.html so i'll take a vote voting well end on feb 7 10:52 pm CT so now vote
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
I don't understand why you're taking votes
Aren't all US games based on the two site's reviews?
borris_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 borris_1
Member since 2003 • 7181 Posts
WTF is this?! Why was this used in place of mine?
"taking up space" my ass. Indeed, there were a few games missing, but no one requested them.
boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 boboboj

WTF is this?! Why was this used in place of mine?
"taking up space" my ass. Indeed, there were a few games missing, but no one requested them.
borris_1

Because i asked the mods and the stickied it. And one problem with your thread was that you needed a banner evertime you put up a new game a nintendo sometimes didn't have a banner.

raichu7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 raichu7
Member since 2007 • 889 Posts
You should get Lunar Knights
boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 boboboj

You should get Lunar Knightsraichu7

I'll put it one here when GS and IGN review it

Avatar image for plumbervspirate
plumbervspirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 plumbervspirate
Member since 2006 • 1264 Posts
Definately add Lunar Knights, it is amazing.
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jNerd
Member since 2005 • 7598 Posts

Definately add Lunar Knights, it is amazing.plumbervspirate

Like the thread, wish it was alittle more personal & it needs alittle more unique pizzaz! But overall it's affective.

Uchiha_madara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 Uchiha_madara
Member since 2006 • 929 Posts
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl should be added.. in either Imports list for now, or make recomended upcoming games
boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 boboboj

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl should be added.. in either Imports list for now, or make recomended upcoming gamesUchiha_madara

I would but it's coming out very soon so i wont.^^^cheezyfrog yeah i'm hoping to add more stuff like a color section for DS lites like say the pros and cons of each color.

arjun180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 arjun180
Member since 2003 • 478 Posts

Nice thread! Just one problem...

You have Phoenix Wright 2 and Kirby Squeak Squad as AA games.

Games with ratings below 8.0 are generally considered to be A games

boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 boboboj

arjun180

yeah i know but i wanted to put the sequals together.

arjun180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 arjun180
[QUOTE="arjun180"]

boboboj

yeah i know but i wanted to put the sequals together.

Phoenix Wright sure, but i dunno if Squeak Squad is really a proper sequel to Canvas Curse...

Anyways, you should totally add Brain Age and BBA

Thevincent56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 Thevincent56
Member since 2006 • 794 Posts
Both of my games are A games...sweet
boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 boboboj
Just finished the DS lite color section please use that from now on if you want to know what color to get.
petranoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 petranoire
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Hey man. thanks for the thread, im going to pic up aBLACK DS light in a couple of days to go laong with my PS3. I appreciate the thread it helps me pic up games.
petranoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 petranoire
Hey man. thanks for the thread, im going to pic up aBLACK DS light in a couple of days to go laong with my PS3. I appreciate the thread it helps me pic up games.
petranoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 petranoire
Can anyone recommend a good FPS?
boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 boboboj

Can anyone recommend a good FPS?petranoire

Besides Metroid Prime Hunters there is no other so I think you should get MPH. And thank you for using this thread.

arjun180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 arjun180
Add Lunar Knights. Now.
boboboj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 boboboj

Add Lunar Knights. Now.arjun180

I would but glitchspot wont let me but I have it ready to post.

SirPokeAlot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SirPokeAlot
Member since 2006 • 506 Posts
add DKR