DS Black Screen... Again...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

Start up my DS, and all I get is a black screen. And when I close the lid, the green light doesn't blink.

The same problem happened in June, all I had to do was blow in the cartridge slot and it would start working again. But it's not working anymore >_> And I don't really want to have to buy a new one/send for repairs.

Any home remedies? :)

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts
Well uh it never happened to me, but u can try giving it a jump start by washing your hands, and the dry them, but let them still be a bit moist then clap your hands rly hard 8 times both on your palms and the top of your hands as well. then create friction against the carpet then rub your hands all over the openings of the ds in the carthridge slot, the sound port, charger port, and so on. this is how i give my cellphone, and n64 a jump start if they dont work. if that doesn't work the take out the battery, and put it in again or you could smack it a couple times like i did one time. My friend tripped over the wire while it was charging and it fell hard to my marble floor, and when i turned it on a white screen appeared so i smacked the ds 2 times underneath it, and it started working again. btw i have the phat one. if none of these work wait for the DSi instead of buying a ds lite unless u rly want play ur ds rly badly. if i were u i would hold my ds gaming craves, and wait for the DSi it might be a while, but its worth it.
Zeus-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zeus-Guy
Member since 2004 • 728 Posts
The problem wouldn't have something to do with the DS' battery, would it?
darkdaisuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 darkdaisuske
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts
try charging it maybe...
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Eponique

It was actually still charging when this first happened.

I tried charging it again and it's still not working :(

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Eponique
No one? :(
TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts
You might want to call nintendo just to ask them about it. Maybe they have an easy fix.
Pokekirbyspyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Pokekirbyspyro
Member since 2008 • 49 Posts
try fulley charging your ds then blow into the ds game slot if that does not work call nintendo
Avatar image for brawlmaster1995
brawlmaster1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 brawlmaster1995
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Start up my DS, and all I get is a black screen. And when I close the lid, the green light doesn't blink.

The same problem happened in June, all I had to do was blow in the cartridge slot and it would start working again. But it's not working anymore >_> And I don't really want to have to buy a new one/send for repairs.

Any home remedies? :)

Eponique
i have one........ but u need lots of patience........ wait 3 months and start it again.... and keep it away from ur brother, coz my brother broke mine, and i got the black screen, while i was playing pokemon platinum.