This topic is locked from further discussion.

irongutvi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 irongutvi
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

This is freaking awesome that the Wii gets this. Not just a spin-off from the main series. aka. DQ Swords and Soulcalibur Legends.

dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts
I know! I love dragon quest, DQVIII was amazing, I didn't get to play DQIX though >_>
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts
We wont be getting it until 2010 thought :evil:..... THATS THE EARLIEST!
SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
I know! I love dragon quest, DQVIII was amazing, I didn't get to play DQIX though >_>dtno132
Maybe since DQIX isn't out yet?
dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts
[QUOTE="dtno132"]I know! I love dragon quest, DQVIII was amazing, I didn't get to play DQIX though >_>SMR-Venom

Oh sorry, My bad I read a gamespot review of the DS dragon quest game, and I thought it was IX.
-starman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 -starman-
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts
[QUOTE="SMR-Venom"][QUOTE="dtno132"]I know! I love dragon quest, DQVIII was amazing, I didn't get to play DQIX though >_>dtno132

Oh sorry, My bad I read a gamespot review of the DS dragon quest game, and I thought it was IX.

there was a recent re-release of Dragon Quest 4 for the DS. maybe that's the one you're thinking of? DQ9 will be out soon. It's also for the DS.
Avatar image for kingofcosmos231
kingofcosmos231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kingofcosmos231
Member since 2008 • 763 Posts
The release date won't be so bad since we have v, vi, and ix to look forward to in between. I'm glad that dragon quest is gettin back to it's roots on nintendo systems. I hate when people think that sony got cheated from dragon quest xi and x bening on nintendo systems since that's actually where they started and did best.
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

I'm a longtime fan of the DQ series, and of Nintendo.

But I think the decision to put DQX on the Wii is a terrible one. I'm sorry, but I just recently entered the world of high definition and DQX being on Wii damn near makes me want to cry. I currently own one of the best TV's around, but playing the Wii on it almost makes my eyes bleed. The Wii SUCKS on a HDTV, really bad. I honestly can't even stand playing it anymore. It looks like I'm pulling in the picture off rabbit ears.

That was such a disappointment. Getting home with my sexy new HDTV and discovering that because the Wii isn't true HD i'm actually taking a huge step backwards in terms of picture quality. That's not why i spent all that cash upgrading...

I'm waiting for Wii HD. Nintendo needs to put out a HD Wii, and be willing to take the old ones back.

Avatar image for kingofcosmos231
kingofcosmos231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kingofcosmos231
Member since 2008 • 763 Posts

I'm a longtime fan of the DQ series, and of Nintendo.

But I think the decision to put DQX on the Wii is a terrible one. I'm sorry, but I just recently entered the world of high definition and DQX being on Wii damn near makes me want to cry. I currently own one of the best TV's around, but playing the Wii on it almost makes my eyes bleed. The Wii SUCKS on a HDTV, really bad. I honestly can't even stand playing it anymore. It looks like I'm pulling in the picture off rabbit ears.

That was such a disappointment. Getting home with my sexy new HDTV and discovering that because the Wii isn't true HD i'm actually taking a huge step backwards in terms of picture quality. That's not why i spent all that cash upgrading...

I'm waiting for Wii HD. Nintendo needs to put out a HD Wii, and be willing to take the old ones back.

Conjuration

I see what your getting at but dragon quest hasn't always been great graphically anyway (dq vii:cry:). The wii could easily pull something off that is better than dq viii which in no question looked awesome

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i can't wait i am such a huge dragon quest fan i just want some more info and for it to magically come out early next year
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts
9 isn't even out yet and they are already teasing 10, the japanese market is going retarted.
Sora22904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Sora22904
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I hope it lives up to DQVIII's standards. It was the only one i've played but it was awesome.