Does your Wii freeze frequently?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 0

#1 -shmelo-
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts

I find it a tough thing to put a hate on the Wii, but I i digress. Upon renting Godfather a while back it froze 3 times within ten minutes (all of those minutes were turning it on and waiting for loading then pressing forward and wham! She froze...) and I did not think much of it. I rented Battalion Wars II yesterday (great game) and it keeps freezing aswell. I mean this is more then a common occurance to. In fact the third or fourth level (if you count the prologue) is un beatable because it keeps freezing upon beginning.

I bring this out now, because I hope to god that SMG does not freeze, and I don't know now if I want Godfather and BWII if their gonna freeze on me the whole blasted time.

dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 dinofan01
Member since 2007 • 1697 Posts
nope only when using the internet channel, has your wii always done this
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Not since I sent it to Nintendo to be fixed several months ago.My consoles been functioning just fine,with no/little freezing whatsoever.
technofranki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 technofranki
Member since 2005 • 1333 Posts
My Wii have only froze a couple of times when I used the Opera beta way back in early spring. No game have frozen on me.
xxxBravo_3xxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 xxxBravo_3xxx
Member since 2006 • 469 Posts
mine never froze :?
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

No my Wii doesn't freeze.

It did about twice with the old internet channel trial version. But never again has it frozen.

blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blingchu55
Member since 2007 • 3098 Posts

mine froze once during a game of dbz

i accidentaly used an energy attack while jammed up against a wall causing the two characters to become fused and tehn my wii made a loud noise and frooze

foola12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 foola12
Member since 2005 • 2242 Posts

Is it ventalated well? like i mean is it in and open space where the air around it isn't congested? since there is a fan on the bottom i put it on my wii box just enoughso that the bottom fan isn't covered while on its stand with the extra balance majiger.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
Mine has never frozen up.
Sephiroth__666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sephiroth__666
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts

No my Wii doesn't freeze.

It did about twice with the old internet channel trial version. But never again has it frozen.

Dark_Link142

Same here, my Wii has been flawless for the most part.

thisguy51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thisguy51
Member since 2006 • 5319 Posts
Mine has never froze. Guess I'm lucky.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts
Never froze for me.
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

Hmmm my friend had this problem with his Wii as I recall. His would constantly freeze up as well. It turns out the problem was with his internet connection. He had a terrible router that kept messing with his Wii. I'd send him a message and he'd get it several days later. He then bought the wired connection for the Wii and it's worked flawlessly for him since.

Turn off your Wiiconnect24 for a few days and if it freezes up still, call Nintendo and ask them to repair it.

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
It has frozen a few times, but nothing major.
B1kmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 B1kmatt
Member since 2007 • 993 Posts

Mine has not frozen either.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 sonic_rusher
Member since 2007 • 2185 Posts

I find it a tough thing to put a hate on the Wii, but I i digress. Upon renting Godfather a while back it froze 3 times within ten minutes (all of those minutes were turning it on and waiting for loading then pressing forward and wham! She froze...) and I did not think much of it. I rented Battalion Wars II yesterday (great game) and it keeps freezing aswell. I mean this is more then a common occurance to. In fact the third or fourth level (if you count the prologue) is un beatable because it keeps freezing upon beginning.

I bring this out now, because I hope to god that SMG does not freeze, and I don't know now if I want Godfather and BWII if their gonna freeze on me the whole blasted time.

-shmelo-

3 questions

1 how early did u buy it

2 has it dropped at all?

3 whats your serial code so u can register it to get it fixed on www.nintendo .com

Malachi_Pearl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Malachi_Pearl
Member since 2006 • 61 Posts
I know that it is possible to have it freeze if you have something plugged into the USB port that was not made for the Wii. Like a USB charger. If you have something plugged into the port try taking it out.
ljlrj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#18 ljlrj
Member since 2007 • 14800 Posts
only the internet channel sometimes
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts
Mine froze a few times. But that was within the first two months after launch. It hasn't froze since then.
Hyrule-master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Hyrule-master
Member since 2007 • 519 Posts

-shmelo-
i dont no wats hapning to ur wii.. but all mine does is get nocked over by my idiotic bros
Hyrule-master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hyrule-master
Member since 2007 • 519 Posts

watevr is hapening to ur wii -shmelo- its kinda odd and somthin must b rng.

-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -shmelo-

Mine has not frozen either.

B1kmatt

Congratulations.

And yeah it might be the connection, although I have a good one and its right next door to my router. I got it the day it came out, so if it becomes a real problem I'll just send it to Nintendo. I need to stay connected cuz I play online with BWII.

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
mine only did on the internet trial version thats it
Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts
Mine froze for the first time ever last weekend on GH3, then yesterday on Driver :(
-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -shmelo-
I may just get rid of my trial of the opera browser, and the only time the Wii did freeze is on rentals. It may be the sticker on the disk (Rogers Video rental...) or something, but to my knowledge the only time it did freeze is on the rentals (and on the opera browser, but thats expected since it is a trial). I've never had the Wii freeze on a game that I own so it must be the rentals.
Avatar image for StephenBassford
StephenBassford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 StephenBassford
Member since 2004 • 889 Posts
mine has never ever frozen
makaveli_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27 makaveli_89
Member since 2006 • 3415 Posts
my wii has never frozen...i think u shud call up nintendo.
kaybee_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kaybee_2
Member since 2006 • 167 Posts

I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW.

I was just in the middle of the final boss fight in Okami (and it's one of those multi-phase one-or-two-hour boss battles) and MY WII FROZE AT THE FINAL PHASE.

*dies*

Avatar image for mushroomyminion
mushroomyminion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 mushroomyminion
Member since 2008 • 981 Posts
Playing Brawl and when I'm passing between the old trial games, it likes to freeze. :evil: grr!!! I don't like it when it does that. my wii also froze when i was playing Twilight Princess... yeah, i got a little mad... But my wii is an older one, not that old, but old enough :(
Dingalingaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dingalingaling
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts

Mine keeps freezing right after I turn it on.

1. Has anyone else had such a bad freezing problem?

and

2. How do I fix it?

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

It has frozen 4 times in 16 months. The first 3 times were during Madden 08 during furious re-loading while I was sim-ing a season which didn't worry me. But about 2 weeks ago it froze during an Okami battle which is a little worrisome.

Grim_Reaper007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Grim_Reaper007
Member since 2003 • 408 Posts

Mine froze once when i was drunk and knocked it off the shelf onto the floor, other than that its worked fine.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

My Wii gets used very little. (man, that sounds bad...) But seriously, I hardly use the Wii that much and when I do turn it on to play a game it sounds like a bloody chainsaw. It sounds brutal, people mention it whenever they come over.

And the other day it wouldn't turn on. I had to unplug it, wait a minute, then try it agin for it to work.
IMO the Wii is quite shoddily built. It seems to have extremely low durabilty. I could see this thing crapping out onme within the year.

thunderhorse55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#34 thunderhorse55
Member since 2008 • 313 Posts

-shmelo-

how would you know whether or not Battalion Wars II is a great game if you haven't had the chance to get past the first few levels? lol sorry, just had to throw that out there.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Mine freezes roughly around three times a week, I have to pull the plug out of the back to have it reset as the power on/off on the remote or console neither the reset will work. I don't mind too much because I get alot of play time out of it so three times is nothing.

g1rldraco7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#36 g1rldraco7
Member since 2008 • 2988 Posts
Maybe you should get the wii lens cleaner and clean the lens. The lens is probably the reason why it does this or maybe you have too many virtual console games on the memory and it's too much to handle all at once. I've had mine since launch and it's only froze twice on me.
riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#37 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

sometimes yes

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

Mine would freeze often with Lego Starwars for the GC. Beyond that, it may have froze during Rabbid Rabbits, but nothing as often as SW. Try cleaning the disc, even if it's not dirty. And make sure your updates are up to date.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#39 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Yeah, i've found it does freeze from time to time. But not o discs. It freezess when i'm starting up or ending and VC game. The only thing I can do is unplug the console to reset it.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
You all realize this topic is back from 2007 right? What made me realize it wasn't the actual date, but the fact that there's a post from ljlrj and his avatar on here.
monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts
nope don't recall it ever freezing
WhiteRage7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WhiteRage7
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Yes this happens to me quite a bit as well. but mine happens on different games at different times. Like Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare and Black Ops. They freeze only when im online playing the game. and it happens atleat once or twice a week. I hope they will fix it.