Does anyone even hate Super Mario Galaxy?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

incredibletlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 incredibletlee
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts
i mean i have not heard one bad thing about Super mario galaxy. u dont even have to hate it, u could just dislike it, or think its ok, but i have literally never heard anything about it below great. anybody?
santanablu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 santanablu3
Member since 2007 • 1467 Posts
if anybody hates SMG please tell me your address.:twisted: i promise nothing will happen...lol
Antelieris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Antelieris
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I guess the only bad thing I have to say about it currently is that I haven't played it recently. Though, I do remember reading a review on one of my RSS feeds that ripped into everything that made it NOT worth a perfect score. Given, it still had an ALMOST perfect score, but it was kinda refreshing to see someone looking at the wrong instead of giving into the right.
murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
I have nothing bad to say about it its to closest game to being perfect IMO
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
If anyone hates Galaxy they should have their heads crushed like a Goomba.
Kuhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Kuhu
Member since 2004 • 2845 Posts

The only thing that I didn't like was the fact that SMG seemed smaller and shorter than Super Mario 64 :c. Besides that it is great.

Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
The only real complaints I have are that the camera can be weird every once and a while, and that the swimming contols aren't that great.
yeahyeahbigN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 yeahyeahbigN
Member since 2007 • 1345 Posts
i didn't like the swimming controls and the racing missions with the sting ray, but overall, it's amazing! and it's pretty short i guess, but it's worth the 50 dollars!
The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#9 The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

I dished out my praises and minor gripes right here in my review:

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supermario128/player_review.html?id=521218

But like I said in the review, the things that I griped about are minor, and nothing to really bring down the game's score. I don't think it would have got a 10 if Gamespot's old rating system were still up, but it probably would have been a 9.7 or 9.8, so that rounds up to 10, and really I think it's worthy of the score.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
I'd stick with the 9.5... There's a bit of repetitiveness and the story isn't flourished enough (although... it's a simple one)
kablay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 kablay
Member since 2005 • 366 Posts
Yes. I hate it. It was so frustrating to play and the controls suck so much. They didn't even have any red coins!!!!!!! BOGUS. And all the worlds were so small, and there were so few stars to get in each world that it didn't even give you time to enjoy the atmosphere. And the worlds weren't small collectively; there just wasn't enough of each kind of motif if you know what I mean. And the "special abilities?" HORRIBLE!!! I never want to play as a sring again; it was so hard and irritating!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD. The only cute one was the Boo, but how many times do you get to be it? Twice? It was so stupid. And the camera sucked. I didn't even know you could move it until I'd gotten, like, 80 stars. The only reasons I beat were to find out if it would get better and so I'd never have to worry about playing it ever again. I still cannot believe how bad it was. I can't believe even more that people are saying it's good! I guess they must like mediocrity then. I wrote a review about it if you want to hear more or unrecommend it. I really don't care.
dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts

Yes. I hate it. It was so frustrating to play and the controls suck so much. They didn't even have any red coins!!!!!!! BOGUS. And all the worlds were so small, and there were so few stars to get in each world that it didn't even give you time to enjoy the atmosphere. And the worlds weren't small collectively; there just wasn't enough of each kind of motif if you know what I mean. And the "special abilities?" HORRIBLE!!! I never want to play as a sring again; it was so hard and irritating!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD. The only cute one was the Boo, but how many times do you get to be it? Twice? It was so stupid. And the camera sucked. I didn't even know you could move it until I'd gotten, like, 80 stars. The only reasons I beat were to find out if it would get better and so I'd never have to worry about playing it ever again. I still cannot believe how bad it was. I can't believe even more that people are saying it's good! I guess they must like mediocrity then. I wrote a review about it if you want to hear more or unrecommend it. I really don't care.kablay

I laughed at the "controls suck" part

scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts
I hated it. Most of the levels had a boss at the end which I hate. It''s too linear. Super Mario Sunshine was way better IMO
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34725 Posts
It was a bit too easy for me, which is the only "bad" thing I can say about Mario Galaxy. Mario 64 had perfect difficulty. No need to make it easier than that, in my opinion. A higher difficulty for Galaxy would probably have resulted in a longer lasting game, and it would've felt more rewarding to complete it.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#15 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

I think it's the best Wii game out yet :):D

And the best 3d Mario game ever imo.

alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts

It was the perfect balance between hard core and casual gaming,

It had an amazing sound track,

Best graphics on the wii,

Re-invended the 3d platformer to make it more platform-oriented like 2d games.

Most gamers played through it twice with out losing intrest.

Seamless integration of wii remote.

I would consider as perfect as a game can get. (realisticly no game is truely perfect).

cutman2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cutman2001
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts
what kind of question is that?
SSlater413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SSlater413
Member since 2008 • 514 Posts
This was the best game on the Wii. I don't think anybody can say anything bad about Super Mario Galaxy.
Lord_Nas3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lord_Nas3k
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

Has no one realised how big of a bump that post was?

Dec 07 -- Oct 08

kirbyfalco55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kirbyfalco55
Member since 2008 • 214 Posts
i didn't like the swimming controls and the racing missions with the sting ray, but overall, it's amazing! and it's pretty short i guess, but it's worth the 50 dollars!yeahyeahbigN
The swimming drove me crazy, i died four times because he kept swimming in the deadly cold waters when i told him to jump. the only thing i didn't like was that bowser was really easy to beat. it was like watching nascar, what's he gonna do, oh left turn, but instead it was oh do the jumping thing.
Avatar image for nintendorulez13
nintendorulez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nintendorulez13
Member since 2006 • 150 Posts
i loath smg. its way to easy and unexciting. the music and graphics were top notch, everything else was garbage. this is no joke.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34725 Posts

The swimming drove me crazy, i died four times because he kept swimming in the deadly cold waters when i told him to jump. kirbyfalco55

When you want Mario to jump up from the water surface, you hold down the A button. Problem solved.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#24 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
I don't like it, funny you should ask. I felt it was really a step down from Sunshine, and it didn't feel like a Mario game to me at all. I felt that it was gimmicky, boring, and the musical tracks left a lot to be desired in comparison to the other titles as well. Nothing attached me to this game, and I'm even thinking about selling it - everytime I even attempt to play it, I just get disgusted and turn my Wii off. On the other hand, my favorite Mario title is Sunshine, and a lot of people didn't like that game, so it's really a personal thing.
Avatar image for diamonddigger87
diamonddigger87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 diamonddigger87
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts
yes I'm sure someone does... not me I think it's the best Mario 3D mario ever and that says something
fmacraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fmacraze
Member since 2007 • 5658 Posts
I don't see how everyone likes it so much. It was a good game, but personally, I didn't see it as the best or anything.
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
With every top notch epic GOTY game there is always someone who hates it. I'm not one of those people.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
It has it's problems like every game. But it's also one of the best games for the wii.
slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts

The only parts I didn't like in Super Mario Galaxy were when you had to use the "Spring" power-up to advance through the stage.

Besides that the game was near >>**PERFECTION**

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
nope i loved it. its not a perfect 10 though
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts

[QUOTE="kablay"]Yes. I hate it. It was so frustrating to play and the controls suck so much. They didn't even have any red coins!!!!!!! BOGUS. And all the worlds were so small, and there were so few stars to get in each world that it didn't even give you time to enjoy the atmosphere. And the worlds weren't small collectively; there just wasn't enough of each kind of motif if you know what I mean. And the "special abilities?" HORRIBLE!!! I never want to play as a sring again; it was so hard and irritating!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD. The only cute one was the Boo, but how many times do you get to be it? Twice? It was so stupid. And the camera sucked. I didn't even know you could move it until I'd gotten, like, 80 stars. The only reasons I beat were to find out if it would get better and so I'd never have to worry about playing it ever again. I still cannot believe how bad it was. I can't believe even more that people are saying it's good! I guess they must like mediocrity then. I wrote a review about it if you want to hear more or unrecommend it. I really don't care.dtno132

I laughed at the "controls suck" part

I laughed at his whole post. :lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
The only reason the game is so popular is because it's the latest Mario game, and it's on the Wii. That's all there is to it.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts
I recognise that it was a great game; I just didn't enjoy it. The annoying aspects overwhelmed the enjoyable sequences for me. The music was spectacular though.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AlexSays

The only reason the game is so popular is because it's the latest Mario game, and it's on the Wii. That's all there is to it.Ovirew

Yeahp, it got GOTY because it's a Wii game and it has Mario in the title.

Your logic is flawless.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

[QUOTE="Ovirew"]The only reason the game is so popular is because it's the latest Mario game, and it's on the Wii. That's all there is to it.AlexSays

Your logic is flawless.

Yes, it is. The Wii became popular because of it's casual and family appeal, Mario is already the most well-known face in gaming, and most people like anything new. Mario games only come around once in a blue moon, and because of all of the Wii and Mario hype, that is the only reason it got game of the year.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AlexSays

Yes, it is. The Wii became popular because of it's casual and family appeal, Mario is already the most well-known face in gaming, and most people like anything new. Mario games only come around once in a blue moon, and because of all of the Wii and Mario hype, that is the only reason it got game of the year.Ovirew

So it got GOTY because it appeals to casuals?

Which means casuals must be running all the gaming sites that loved Super Mario Galaxy.

I'm glad that's all sorted out.

That's certainly a lot more believeable than SMG actually being a good game.

brawl_96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 brawl_96
Member since 2008 • 3953 Posts
i dont like it, if u want to talk about it send me a pm!!!!!
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
Super Mario Galaxy is the best 3D platformer ever made. but i still got bored of it after completeing it about 7 times. :P
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#41 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

[QUOTE="Ovirew"]Yes, it is. The Wii became popular because of it's casual and family appeal, Mario is already the most well-known face in gaming, and most people like anything new. Mario games only come around once in a blue moon, and because of all of the Wii and Mario hype, that is the only reason it got game of the year.AlexSays

Which means casuals must be running all the gaming sites that loved Super Mario Galaxy.

That could be one of the reasons it got GOTY it appeals to both hardcore and casual gamers.

Avatar image for ColonialMustard
ColonialMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ColonialMustard
Member since 2006 • 318 Posts
What's with all the hate towards the swimming? I loved it! I thought it was as easy as it was entertaining (especially when you have a shell). The only hate I have towards SMG is that the game has me collecting freaking stars, again! I don't want to collect stars, I just want a whole bunch of challenging levels and I don't want to be revisiting the same levels over and over again just to get some more stars.... It gets repetitive...... I freaking love this game by the way...
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts

[QUOTE="Ovirew"]Yes, it is. The Wii became popular because of it's casual and family appeal, Mario is already the most well-known face in gaming, and most people like anything new. Mario games only come around once in a blue moon, and because of all of the Wii and Mario hype, that is the only reason it got game of the year.AlexSays

stop. right there. it got GOTY because it appealed to F***ing EVERYONE, im so sick of you people any your casual hardcore bullcrap...

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AlexSays
[QUOTE="AlexSays"]

[QUOTE="Ovirew"]Yes, it is. The Wii became popular because of it's casual and family appeal, Mario is already the most well-known face in gaming, and most people like anything new. Mario games only come around once in a blue moon, and because of all of the Wii and Mario hype, that is the only reason it got game of the year.garrett_duffman

stop. right there. it got GOTY because it appealed to F***ing EVERYONE, im so sick of you people any your casual hardcore bullcrap...

Why'd you quote me?

I'm not the one using the hardcore/casual argument.

I was the one attacking the person using the hardcore/casual argument.

spectravoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 spectravoid
Member since 2008 • 556 Posts

i think the game is great (playing through it now and have 114 stars)

but i do find it a little too linear

Toro_Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 Toro_Nev
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts
I love Galaxy =P It rocks.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#48 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
[QUOTE="AlexSays"]

[QUOTE="Ovirew"]The only reason the game is so popular is because it's the latest Mario game, and it's on the Wii. That's all there is to it.Ovirew

Your logic is flawless.

Yes, it is. The Wii became popular because of it's casual and family appeal, Mario is already the most well-known face in gaming, and most people like anything new. Mario games only come around once in a blue moon, and because of all of the Wii and Mario hype, that is the only reason it got game of the year.

It became popular because its mario. It appeals to a huge audience. It didn't just appeal to families and casuals :|. There is also no such thing as "casuals" so stop using it.

JohnnySN1P3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JohnnySN1P3R
Member since 2008 • 1916 Posts
I didn't like. I haven't played it since it came out, and I got it when it first came out, I couldn't get into it. Same with Brawl, I HATE Brawl.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#50 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

lol um wii hate threads belong in system wars aND NO i do not ,

in fact tell me anything you want i still see wii with more good games then any other system of these gen because wii is not raped by first person shooters that are just average and its not over due with racing games that had a 3rd game just a year before its 4th game came out and a nother racing game that is just like it without points lol,

and it definatelly didnt take a year before i found a single game i liked and it also didnt cost me an arm and a leg