Do you still support Nintendo?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GH05T-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 1

Poll Do you still support Nintendo? (39 votes)

Yes, FOREVER! 82%
No, They let me down! 10%
I've converted to Microsoft 3%
I've converted to Sony 5%
 • 
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Can you make any other posts besides these?

They're in every single forum

Here

http://dictionary.reference.com/

http://thesaurus.com/

Learn some words, string a bunch of them together, and make a real thread

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Your choices make this better suited for the SW forum.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

you're on the nintendo board, i'm pretty sure the people that spend time here still support nintendo.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@BrunoBRS said:

you're on the nintendo board, i'm pretty sure the people that spend time here still support nintendo.

Jayson makes me wonder. :P

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Yeah, even if I don't whole-heartily support their current courses of action and ideas...

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#6 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Yeah they still produce great games.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

They still make some of the best games in the industry, so of course I support them. I just question their hardware decisions.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

@Toxic-Seahorse: He makes everyone wonder

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Where are the freaking mods?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

@BrunoBRS said:

Jayson makes me wonder. :P

there will always be silly trolls begging for attention.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#11 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts

I'm still having a blast with all my Wii/Wii U/DS/3DS games/systems, and I'm still looking forward to so many titles so yes, I'm a big supporter. Not a fanboy as I don't get any thing "Nintendo", but they have a lot of things I want to play and I'll support them for as long as this remains (I´m betting it will be a long time yet!).

Regards!

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 calway55
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

Like the games still after 25 years.

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

@Bigboi500: For some reason, I cannot "flag" threads that begin with a poll.

Moderators if you are reading this thread, it belongs in System Wars and should be locked.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#14 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

I'm going to say why I still support Nintendo after everything.

They're the only game company that feels like it has any sort of soul.

Maybe it's because I'm old and nostalgic and from a different time, but once upon a time, you bought a game system and all it did was play games. It didn't play movies, stream videos, surf the web or Skype chat and no one cared. Multiplayer meant friends came over and you all laughed and hung out and had fun. No one was screaming homophobic slurs into a headset. I remember when game heroes came in all shapes and sizes as opposed to now when most are just generic white guys with guns. I remember a time before game ratings existed so no one could decide that a game was "cool" by the rating on the box. There was a time when you bought a game and that was that. No DLC. No patches and no one worried about evil used game sales eating their profits.

I remember when "console war" was people arguing over silly things like blast processing and which mascot could beat up who. Now we bicker over which system runs the same generic shooter at 1080p. Instead of talking about what level we reached, we focus on how many hours we sunk into a game. There was a time when game companies weren't afraid to experiment with new characters and ideas. Now they're all afraid if they're too different, they'll lose too much money so everything is watered down and homogenized to please the focus groups. For all the good advancements we had this gen, there is so much equally bad. Online DLC led to companies nickel and diming us for things that should've been on the disc. Online gameplay connected us to a bunch of homophic trolls. Prettier visuals lead to ballooning budgets leading to less creativity.

And then I look at Zelda and Mario and it reminds of me of a time gone by, when things were simpler. Games that don't try to be movies. That focus on gameplay. Where I don't have to be connected to the internet to enjoy the full experience. Yahtzee on the Escapist said something regarding Nintendo that, for all the crap he gives them, he still supports them because they're the only ones that still act like a GAME company rather than trying to make some all in one multimedia box.

And if the WiiU is Nintendo's Dreamcast, then so be it. There were plenty of Sega fans who stuck by their console to the end. I would rather stay on the sinking ship with the captain and jump sip with the rats. (yeah I went there) Because once Nintendo is no longer in the console, market neither am I. I'm old, there's little in modern gaming that interests me outside the indie scene. I will say the PS3 was good to me and it gave me some enjoyment but we didn't get one for years. If there is no Nintendo console in the future, then whatever my husband choses as the main gaming device is what I'll play so it will probably be PC gaming. While everyone thinks Nintendo would be better off as a third party (rather it would be more convenient for some not having to buy a console to play Zelda and Smash Bros. on), I saw what happened to Sega. When was the last time Sega made anything truly great? Sadly this is what I think a third party Nintendo's fate will be.

I look at the whole Xbox One vs. PS4 war and I see very little difference between the 2. These days, they have 90% of the same games. They're both big, black monoliths that seem more interested in social media and TV streaming than games (Sony's a little better about it). Right now the highest selling PS4 game is CoD: Ghosts and I'm willing to be this will be the Xbox One's best seller too. Welcome to the Next Generation. Same as the last just a little prettier and better online. At least the WiiU actually feels different. But clearly everyone wants to fight over which big black multimedia box plays FPSes better. I want nothing to do with it.

I'm going to stop before I start singing "I dreamed a dream." Because that's going through my head right now.

elchiquilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By elchiquilin
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

I have become a multi company gamer, went with all 3 last gen, will do so this gen. BUT I will never stop buying from nintendo, they have that nostalgia factor i cant shake. As long as they make smash bros, mk, mario, zelda and dk games I am all in. Matter of fact Im enjoying my wii u so much I might postpone the other consoles till next year

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

PS4 rules

Noved23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Noved23
Member since 2013 • 42 Posts

I have gotten every Nintendo console since the NES days so I guess I cannot deny that I support them. I still have not obtained a Wii U yet until they release a game worth buying the console for to me. It appears that most people that buy a Wii U really love it. I am not a Mario fan, never have been, so all of these Mario re-iterations do not do anything for me. I will end up getting one when X or Supersmash Bros. comes out it. The only reason I can see getting it now would be for the Deus Ex game. The only reason I feel that Nintendo is doing so horrible is because of the lack of third-party support and them failing to grow up with their consumers. The average gamer is older than people think, usually over 30. Do you think 10-yr olds can buy themselves $300, $400, $500 consoles. They need to release a realistic Pokemon game, Golden Sun, Advance Wars and some of those great 3ds games to the Wii U.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

Yes and no.

I finally gave in and purchased a 3DS for Zelda today. It's already proving to be a good investment, and I haven't even touched any other games. But I refuse to buy Nintendo's console. They put effort into their handhelds, not so much with their consoles. This said, I'm immensely frustrated by many of their business decisions for the past few years and hope they wisen up because when they're on their game they produce games like no other in the world. Gaming would not be the same with them gone, but I fear they will be gone eventually if they do not adapt to where the current market is going.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@thom_maytees said:

@Bigboi500: For some reason, I cannot "flag" threads that begin with a poll.

Moderators if you are reading this thread, it belongs in System Wars and should be locked.

I'm starting to think anything goes on all the forums now... because I've seen all kinds of broken "rules" plastered everywhere and it doesn't get removed even when flagged.

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21  Edited By CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

Another one of those threads that claim Nintendo is dead?

Smallville0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 Smallville0608
Member since 2013 • 87 Posts

Have not had a Nintendo console in years, but love the handheld and associated games, and always will.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@kbaily said:

I'm going to say why I still support Nintendo after everything.

They're the only game company that feels like it has any sort of soul.

Maybe it's because I'm old and nostalgic and from a different time, but once upon a time, you bought a game system and all it did was play games. It didn't play movies, stream videos, surf the web or Skype chat and no one cared. Multiplayer meant friends came over and you all laughed and hung out and had fun. No one was screaming homophobic slurs into a headset. I remember when game heroes came in all shapes and sizes as opposed to now when most are just generic white guys with guns. I remember a time before game ratings existed so no one could decide that a game was "cool" by the rating on the box. There was a time when you bought a game and that was that. No DLC. No patches and no one worried about evil used game sales eating their profits.

I remember when "console war" was people arguing over silly things like blast processing and which mascot could beat up who. Now we bicker over which system runs the same generic shooter at 1080p. Instead of talking about what level we reached, we focus on how many hours we sunk into a game. There was a time when game companies weren't afraid to experiment with new characters and ideas. Now they're all afraid if they're too different, they'll lose too much money so everything is watered down and homogenized to please the focus groups. For all the good advancements we had this gen, there is so much equally bad. Online DLC led to companies nickel and diming us for things that should've been on the disc. Online gameplay connected us to a bunch of homophic trolls. Prettier visuals lead to ballooning budgets leading to less creativity.

And then I look at Zelda and Mario and it reminds of me of a time gone by, when things were simpler. Games that don't try to be movies. That focus on gameplay. Where I don't have to be connected to the internet to enjoy the full experience. Yahtzee on the Escapist said something regarding Nintendo that, for all the crap he gives them, he still supports them because they're the only ones that still act like a GAME company rather than trying to make some all in one multimedia box.

And if the WiiU is Nintendo's Dreamcast, then so be it. There were plenty of Sega fans who stuck by their console to the end. I would rather stay on the sinking ship with the captain and jump sip with the rats. (yeah I went there) Because once Nintendo is no longer in the console, market neither am I. I'm old, there's little in modern gaming that interests me outside the indie scene. I will say the PS3 was good to me and it gave me some enjoyment but we didn't get one for years. If there is no Nintendo console in the future, then whatever my husband choses as the main gaming device is what I'll play so it will probably be PC gaming. While everyone thinks Nintendo would be better off as a third party (rather it would be more convenient for some not having to buy a console to play Zelda and Smash Bros. on), I saw what happened to Sega. When was the last time Sega made anything truly great? Sadly this is what I think a third party Nintendo's fate will be.

I look at the whole Xbox One vs. PS4 war and I see very little difference between the 2. These days, they have 90% of the same games. They're both big, black monoliths that seem more interested in social media and TV streaming than games (Sony's a little better about it). Right now the highest selling PS4 game is CoD: Ghosts and I'm willing to be this will be the Xbox One's best seller too. Welcome to the Next Generation. Same as the last just a little prettier and better online. At least the WiiU actually feels different. But clearly everyone wants to fight over which big black multimedia box plays FPSes better. I want nothing to do with it.

I'm going to stop before I start singing "I dreamed a dream." Because that's going through my head right now.

+1 x 1000. although I like modern gaming. I can see your point of view. PC Gaming + Wii was the best last gen for unique experiences, I imagine it will be the same again. I will be getting a PS4 for FF15/Kingdom Hearts, Desitiny ect. but right now, they are both just crap wannabe PC's that play cod and battlefield worse than my computer.

I'm on the verge of either picking up a wii-u or a ps4. part of me says the wii-u would be more fun upfront and I love smash bros later.... but sadly the other half says "£250 + £50 extra controller for a few mario/zelda/smash games is wayyy to much."

I don't think nintendo would suffer from third party like sega did (although they have had some pretty good PC games published), sonic died a long time ago and sega never developed such a robust set of lovably characters and games. (imo).

I just can't accept Nintendo's hardware choices.... why am I paying £250 for a really gimped tablet controller with last gen graphics? I don't think nintendo are as pure as you want to believe, they are desperate for that next gimmick that reels people in, the tablet controller failed at it.

Honestly, providing that nintendo's game studios remained the same, if they dropped out of the hardware race I would love it. these games on a PS4, all controlled by nintendo's high standards an the potential to sell ALOT more. with systems that have supportive online infrastructures to actually make mario kart and smash bros online greater.

Great software, awful consoles. even the 3ds. my pokemon X lags in 3d mode rather bad. just not acceptable.

I agree on the overall uniqueness that Nintendo offers, but i disagree with the comments against "big black media boxes" .... as they have tons more features, alot more powerful and don't cost that much more (well at least a PS4 doesn't).. I find the insane price of the wii-u's initial launch due to that near pointless controller to be a much bigger disaster than any of the above multimedia concepts. even kinect.

joshuakyle94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24 joshuakyle94
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@kbaily: Well said, well said indeed. Them feels tho >