This topic is locked from further discussion.

lite_ds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 lite_ds
Member since 2006 • 520 Posts

I'm just wondering why people buy these old games anways? If you ask me it doesnt look worth the money. What do you think of th VC?

Avatar image for hammer_of_thor_
hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 hammer_of_thor_
Member since 2007 • 2260 Posts
People buy these games because they are great games, well the ones the buy, I'm not saying all the VC games are great. Personally, I love the VC, I probably play the classics more than the new games to be honest.
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts
I really dig the VC...because there are some games available that are considered classics that I haven't played yet and with my Wii I am able to. It's also very convenient to have a lot of your favorite games in one little package.
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 soulfood4
Member since 2005 • 5459 Posts
VC is great for people who actually played those games a while back and dont have them anymore. Im only 16 so most of those games i've never played, so its great for me, because i like old school games....
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 soulfood4
Also TC, i dont know what to think or say about your avatar....
zenszulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 zenszulu
Member since 2004 • 1907 Posts
I think it's great, so many games I never got to play that i wanted to, and the prices are low so if you get want you want it certainly is no waste of money.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#7 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I like it I can play all the Classic games I never got to play before.
DarkAngel101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 DarkAngel101
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts
It's nice to have the VC. I get to try so many games I never got to play before.
lite_ds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lite_ds
Member since 2006 • 520 Posts

hmmmm....now i understand! So these game are how old?

reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 reggie186

I think it's great, so many games I never got to play that i wanted to, and the prices are low so if you get want you want it certainly is no waste of money.zenszulu

I don't know about the prices being low... Asking $8 for SNES games is kind of a lot. I'll pay it for really good games, but I think that most SNES games aren't worth $8.

reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 reggie186

lite_ds

They have games from the NES through the N64.

soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 soulfood4

lite_ds
Some are from the 80's, others from the late 90's...depends which system....
jmangafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jmangafan
Member since 2004 • 1933 Posts
I personally like the VC. I had a NES and SNES growing up, but we never had an N64. The VC gives me a chance to play some of the N64 games I've always heard of, that and Genesis titles that I never had growing up either.
Ivoryblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ivoryblaze
Member since 2006 • 325 Posts
I think it's great, but honestly I would prefers some new Wii games instead of all these VC releases.
lucky326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lucky326
Member since 2006 • 3799 Posts

Great games from a great time and the best thing is you dont need to mess around with a disc you can just pick up and you have a large number of games at your finger tips.

nasty_butler16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 nasty_butler16
Member since 2006 • 843 Posts

lite_ds
It depends, probably 6 - 17 years old. And thier are some very stellar old games out thier. You make it sound like its a bad thing that they are old. I can understand if you are saying that because you have already played alot of them, but if your like me and have missed out on alot of those games, thier are some amazing gaming experiences out thier. Last month I played : A Link to the Past, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario World and Kirbys Adventure, all for the first time.
rond5566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 rond5566
Member since 2004 • 601 Posts
I did until I played XBLA
Bisset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bisset
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts
One word (and a number :p) make me love the VC: STARFOX 64
FireEmblem24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FireEmblem24
Member since 2007 • 1097 Posts
i love the VC
Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
I like them because a lot of them are good games. Just because they're old doesn't mean they're bad.
ignoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#21 ignoman
Member since 2003 • 992 Posts
I'm not impressed so far... the game selection has been pisspoor.  Where's  all the A-list Nintendo titles?  What about all the 16-bit blockbusters that came from 3rd parties over the years?  The choice titles are trickling in slowly, and not all of them even translate flawlessly. 

On top of all that, you've got the steep pay scale.  The games themselves are quite pricey for a simple game download, and add that in to having to buy Wii Points in chunks, its very easy to waste money or be left with unused points.  Considering the MUCH less expensive and MUCH more robust options out there (albeit most are less than legal), Nintendo does not seem to be trying hard enough to make VC attractive.  Seems to me like a way to rake in a quick buck against those who are too good-natured or too technology-impaired to acquire these games via emulation.
MegaMAN1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 MegaMAN1121
Member since 2006 • 551 Posts

Is also made for people who miss the 8-bit and 16-bit era

pinebark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 pinebark
Member since 2003 • 1501 Posts

They're pricy, but worth it for a few reasons

1. Reliving great games in a classic TV/controller setup. (Yes, I know it's possible on a PC, but many people don't have gamepads.)

2. Multiplayer is much easier than on a PC, although the lack of online multiplayer is irritating. It wouldn't ruin the games at all, they'd still be the same - only instead of playing with people in the same room, you could also play with people around the world.

Personally I'm pretty particular about titles I buy on the VC, but today I bought Star Fox 64 and I'm quite happy with it. I'm waiting for more N64 and Genesis classics since N64 needs an analog controller and I never owned a Genesis. 

O_Rly_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 O_Rly_FTW
Member since 2005 • 2068 Posts
People buy these games because they are great games, well the ones the buy, I'm not saying all the VC games are great. Personally, I love the VC, I probably play the classics more than the new games to be honest.hammer_of_thor_
I agree with every word of this post.
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 soulfood4
I did until I played XBLArond5566
Ugh...i dont like XBLA, and dont find it better than VC at all...
nasty_butler16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nasty_butler16
Member since 2006 • 843 Posts
[QUOTE="rond5566"]I did until I played XBLAsoulfood4
Ugh...i dont like XBLA, and dont find it better than VC at all...

Thier arn't that many good games on X-Box live arcade, yet.
Avatar image for hammer_of_thor_
hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 hammer_of_thor_
Member since 2007 • 2260 Posts
[QUOTE="hammer_of_thor_"]People buy these games because they are great games, well the ones the buy, I'm not saying all the VC games are great. Personally, I love the VC, I probably play the classics more than the new games to be honest.O_Rly_FTW
I agree with every word of this post.

Good man, I must agree with every word of your post then ha.
ZeldaNut113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ZeldaNut113
Member since 2005 • 1037 Posts

Is also made for people who miss the 8-bit and 16-bit era

MegaMAN1121

Hence, I love the VC!!

evil_tormentor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 evil_tormentor
Member since 2003 • 391 Posts
I'm not impressed so far... the game selection has been pisspoor. Where's all the A-list Nintendo titles? What about all the 16-bit blockbusters that came from 3rd parties over the years? The choice titles are trickling in slowly, and not all of them even translate flawlessly.

On top of all that, you've got the steep pay scale. The games themselves are quite pricey for a simple game download, and add that in to having to buy Wii Points in chunks, its very easy to waste money or be left with unused points. Considering the MUCH less expensive and MUCH more robust options out there (albeit most are less than legal), Nintendo does not seem to be trying hard enough to make VC attractive. Seems to me like a way to rake in a quick buck against those who are too good-natured or too technology-impaired to acquire these games via emulation. ignoman
lol do you know why nintendo made the VC Channel? To make money. Thats what businesses do. They won't release all their A list games at once, because then most people will only buy a couple, but if they release them very slowly, people will eat up each and every one. The games available on VC are attractive enough, what else do they need to do? I usually use my pc's virtual console, but there are such games that I would love to own and play on my HDTV in all its uncompressed high-res glory (namely DKC and starfox 64). Nintendo's got a over 20 years worth of gaming behind them, theres nothing wrong with making a quick buck off them, and if you don't like VC, just keep doing your thing.
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts
lol, what's not to like about it?
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Personally, I love the VC.  I have games like mario 64 and zelda 64 and mario world, and contra 3 and f-zero, all still fun to play, and can't find them anywhere else (except illegally online)... it's worth it, but don't buy what you don'lt like.  The only problem is they need a demo channel, cause there are games on the VC I have never heard of...

CrankyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CrankyGamer
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts
I like the VC in theory but it needs some work.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
It's alright, but they should let you try the game first.
mgfarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mgfarmer
Member since 2004 • 392 Posts
Here is the problem..................................People I know that own the Wii have more VC games than actual Wii games.  I like the idea of the VC, but its sad to pay $250 for a system and the majority of the games be from the VC. I just hope a year from now we dont hear people brag about how much they play their Wii only to find out its the VC games. Everyday there is a thread where someone asks "Is your Wii collecting dust?" and you always get people to respond with "I play mine every day, Nintendo has provided enough VC games to keep me busy until the next wave of games comes out". I love the Wii and the concept is great, but I just feel too much emphasis is put on the VC games.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#35 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
i think its great but i do think some of these games should be priced lower like nes sports titles , no way in heck is it worth 5 $ when at my pawn i can get these sports games for 1$ but other then those titles the other ones are worth it , when they get goldeneye on the vc ill be even more happier