Do you let other people play your ds?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

Do you let other people play your ds? Have they put some big scratches on when you let them play with your ds?

I let my niece play with my ds and she lost the stick and then used a welding rod for the touch screen. It had some big scratches on the screen. Im now never gonna let anybody play any portables I have.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
I don't have people who even want to play my DS, and my cousin who is younger than me has his own DS. I don't know what a welding rod is, but that sounds pretty bad :D
Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

Yes. I have no issues with it.

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
I've let someone use it once. I watched from over the shoulder and felt uneasy.
razzkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 razzkazz
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts

I let my friend take my PSP on a week long trip. It came back in perfect condition, but I don't think he had access to any welding rods.

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

Pretty much anyone that asks to play it (from girlfriend to aunts and uncles). I don't know why I wouldn't let them. lol

dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts
Well, I don't know, everyone I give the DS to manages to mess it up somehow, one person broke the mic, the other broke one of the speakers, and some other person messed up the touch screen with water, and one used a pencil and scratched the hell out of the touch screen. -.- Now I only give my DS to someone if they let me watch them while they play. ;)
fifamessi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fifamessi
Member since 2009 • 825 Posts
I let most people use my ds except 2 year old cousins or something like that. Its a pretty tough thingy so it wont break that easily and i trust most people :)
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

Nobody. Ever. Maybe if I knew someone would take care of it as well as I do I might think about it. Maybe.

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

I really try not to. All the scratches on my DSi were caused by someone else.

MysteriousKori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#12 MysteriousKori
Member since 2006 • 559 Posts
I let my nephew play it sometimes, but I sure as heck am watching him while he does lol. I let my friends play also, but with them I'm fine with it.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34701 Posts

I do let people borrow my DS. I absolutely hate.. HATE when I get it back and it's really dirty around the buttons or screen or the buttons feel weird. This happens quite a lot, but I'll manage.. :P

Icare0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Icare0
Member since 2009 • 409 Posts

Very few people, and only when i'm near.

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
If they're friends or family, then I have no problem at all. I don't even mind if things happen to it (I've gotten my DS back with chips on the bottom or some unnoticeable scratches) because, really, it's just a video game system. If they were careless with it, as in playing catch or doing something stupid with it, then I would mind, but if it's just an accident, then there's no problem. If it ever does get to a point where it's unplayable, then I can just go out and buy a new one. Heck, it could even give me a reason to adopt the 3DS early.
KillerTofu89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KillerTofu89
Member since 2009 • 145 Posts
I trust no one.
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#17 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
Only my niece and nephew and only when I can watch them.
GmasterRED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 GmasterRED
Member since 2006 • 1051 Posts

Never. Once, when it was brand spanking new, I gave it to my friend to hold for 2 seconds, and heimmediately, bent the screen back so it made that sickening clicking noise. Not damaging per se, but not what I want done to my sleek and super sexy just out of the box DS.

Avatar image for X-Jlagerwaard-X
X-Jlagerwaard-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 X-Jlagerwaard-X
Member since 2009 • 253 Posts

No i don't want any scratches on my screens!:twisted:

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

Lol I thought I was the only person that was weird about other people playing their DS...

Knight-Owl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22 Knight-Owl
Member since 2008 • 690 Posts
Nope. I'm very particular about my electronics. No ones allowed to even touch them unless they wash their hands first :P I would however let my best friend borrow my DSI because I know that I can trust him completely. But he lives to far away for me to let him borrow mine and he has his own DSI anyway so.
merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#23 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts
i let them play on my old ds but not the new one unless they are my best friends.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

It really depends on the person and game.
The person has to be old enough to read, trustworthy, and responsible. If not, I have to be in the same room with them, guarding my games at all times.

Don't get me wrong, I like to be generous, but some games ARE NOT suitable for some people.
Most of my family are Spanish speakers, and I only have a handful of games that has a language option. I let them play those games, but they HAVE to make a new file and NEVER, EVER TOUCH my current file.
The games that have no language option and only one game file (example: Pokemon) will be locked away, for my uses only. I'M DEAD SERIOUS! :?

My little cousins (6-12 yrs old) live in Dominican Republic; they came over last year and will come over again this year during the summer. One of them was too young to understand most of my games. He felt that all games that he didn't understand were unnecessary. He was very, VERY close to throwing out 70% of all my DS games. They didn't know what "New Game" or "Erase" meant, so one of my game files were deleted. My other cousin couldn't find the stylus, so she used a bobby pin instead and played some Pokemon Ranger. Can you guess how that turned out? :x
My other cousin got mad over a Broly fight in DBZ: Super Sonic Warriors 2, smashed my DS to the table and my R button stopped working. The same cousin got mad over some SSBB fight and threw my Wii remote across the room. :shock:

I also had cases where my youngest cousin sneaked into my room, took my DS from my pillow w/o me noticing, played for a few hours, and putting it in back. I did not know about it until my aunt told me. :|

I always have my games in a cabinet. All ordered depending on when I bought them. Wii games on one side, DS games on the other. When they came, all my games were placed on some random table, The cases were dented, some DS games were lost for a few weeks, my Wii games got scratched (you can actually see how new Metroid Prime Trilogy looks compared to the last game I bought before they came), and their dog took a few nibbles on some of my games.

From a person who takes VERY, VERY good care for my games, everything I bought before 2010 is a mess. :(
I like to be generous, but I can't risk myself letting the things I buy get mistreated. I can't waste my time actually watching over them for every little thing. Sure, they're young, but they still do not understand how valuable money AND time is these days. If my games get deleted, I'm not sure if I can play everything all over again.

They're coming back latter this month, around the time I buy SMG2. I'm going to make sure I have all games and wii remote LOCKED. That way I would know nobody took anything while I was asleep, I would make sure nothing will get lost or damaged, and they would have to ask MY permission to play. :evil:

EDIT: sorry about the long post, I write essay long messages when it comes to interesting topics. :P
Luckily, I didn't write what happened to my GBA games on the Winter vacation of 2006. ;)

gamefree2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gamefree2
Member since 2006 • 2073 Posts

No, because they usually mess it up somehow.

BluesKing527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BluesKing527
Member since 2009 • 441 Posts
No because I'm one of those people obsessed with keeping my things looking good and new. People can play with DS lite (that thing is a mess anyway) but they can never touch my red wine XL. They can only play games that have no game cases. Not to be mean but I guess it's just the way I am...
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
Yes, my sisters sometime. I also let a friend borrow it for a few weeks. I knew that he's careful with his electronics, so I trusted him with it.
DemonGal711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#28 DemonGal711
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts

I let my mom and my sister play it (before she got hers) but no one else. I'm pretty much the only game freak in my circle so that prevents people from wanting to hurt my things.

Freaky story, my cousin came to our house one day and I was searching for my DS cause it wasn't in it's case. After looking for a while, I saw a Blue DS (the color of mine) on the floor, upside down, open and I freaked out. Picking it up, there were a bunch of scratches and smudges on the screen. There was also a chip taken out of one of the corners. Luckily I was smart and flipped it over to check the games and neither were mine. It happened to be my cousins DS, my sister had borrowed mine and didn't put it in the right bag. Lucky kid, I was about to kill him if he'd done that to my game in less than an hour or arriving.

suashide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 suashide
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts

I let my little sister try non-stylus games once or twice before she got her own (I could deal with cleaning the buttons but she wasn't good at, er, not stabbing the screen).

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

yes but with games that dont use a stylus

Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#31 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
i let people play but not strangers
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

No, but if I did I'd sit right by them while they played just to make sure nothing gets broken.

Kuribo_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kuribo_Girl
Member since 2009 • 218 Posts

Only my boyfriend.

I've given my Lite to someone to play before and I got it back with a broken hinge.

Not saying it was entirely their fault, the Lites are badly made, but I was so so careful with it and always put it in it's case when I wasn't using it. My friend wasn't very careful with it and left it lying around a lot.

My gaming consoles are really precious to me. I keep all my old ones and I try to keep them in excellent condition. I just can't stand it when things get scratched or worn.

It sounds wierd but from what I'm reading, others are like me too xD

xXDante666Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xXDante666Xx
Member since 2004 • 3102 Posts

It really depends on the person and game.
The person has to be old enough to read, trustworthy, and responsible. If not, I have to be in the same room with them, guarding my games at all times.

Don't get me wrong, I like to be generous, but some games ARE NOT suitable for some people.
Most of my family are Spanish speakers, and I only have a handful of games that has a language option. I let them play those games, but they HAVE to make a new file and NEVER, EVER TOUCH my current file.
The games that have no language option and only one game file (example: Pokemon) will be locked away, for my uses only. I'M DEAD SERIOUS! :?

My little cousins (6-12 yrs old) live in Dominican Republic; they came over last year and will come over again this year during the summer. One of them was too young to understand most of my games. He felt that all games that he didn't understand were unnecessary. He was very, VERY close to throwing out 70% of all my DS games. They didn't know what "New Game" or "Erase" meant, so one of my game files were deleted. My other cousin couldn't find the stylus, so she used a bobby pin instead and played some Pokemon Ranger. Can you guess how that turned out? :x
My other cousin got mad over a Broly fight in DBZ: Super Sonic Warriors 2, smashed my DS to the table and my R button stopped working. The same cousin got mad over some SSBB fight and threw my Wii remote across the room. :shock:

I also had cases where my youngest cousin sneaked into my room, took my DS from my pillow w/o me noticing, played for a few hours, and putting it in back. I did not know about it until my aunt told me. :|

I always have my games in a cabinet. All ordered depending on when I bought them. Wii games on one side, DS games on the other. When they came, all my games were placed on some random table, The cases were dented, some DS games were lost for a few weeks, my Wii games got scratched (you can actually see how new Metroid Prime Trilogy looks compared to the last game I bought before they came), and their dog took a few nibbles on some of my games.

From a person who takes VERY, VERY good care for my games, everything I bought before 2010 is a mess. :(
I like to be generous, but I can't risk myself letting the things I buy get mistreated. I can't waste my time actually watching over them for every little thing. Sure, they're young, but they still do not understand how valuable money AND time is these days. If my games get deleted, I'm not sure if I can play everything all over again.

They're coming back latter this month, around the time I buy SMG2. I'm going to make sure I have all games and wii remote LOCKED. That way I would know nobody took anything while I was asleep, I would make sure nothing will get lost or damaged, and they would have to ask MY permission to play. :evil:

EDIT: sorry about the long post, I write essay long messages when it comes to interesting topics. :P
Luckily, I didn't write what happened to my GBA games on the Winter vacation of 2006. ;)

ANIMEguy10034

Murder would commence in this case. I take care of everything and I only let my girlfriend touch my stuff if she is lucky, and my brothers if I am sitting right next to them. That is why I still have all my gaming console's in perfect condition since I was little. Always have been this way.

sururick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 sururick
Member since 2004 • 51 Posts

NO!

Francision69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 Francision69
Member since 2007 • 1763 Posts
I let my friends play with it. Of course, I have to be around to make sure it's safe. XD
Celest-Jirachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Celest-Jirachi
Member since 2010 • 186 Posts

No, not really. Like a lot of people said here they always find a way to ruin your system for you. If I had the old phat DS then they could use that one but, I'm not letting anyone use my DS lite or DSi.

judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#38 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts
No, after seeing people try the DS at wal-mart *shudders*...some people don't understand that only the bottom screen is the touch screen...
DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8782 Posts

I'm currently loaning out my DSi, but one of the triggers is a bit unresponsive. I don't mind if I don't get it back. That 3DS is going to be awesome!

Dion2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dion2k7
Member since 2007 • 1353 Posts
I hate letting anyone use my stuff, after a friend stole a couple of my games and sold them when i was a kid. So now im like extra careful of my possessions and only let trusted friends play or use my consoles etc when i'm around.
Avatar image for X-Jlagerwaard-X
X-Jlagerwaard-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 X-Jlagerwaard-X
Member since 2009 • 253 Posts

I hate letting anyone use my stuff, after a friend stole a couple of my games and sold them when i was a kid. So now im like extra careful of my possessions and only let trusted friends play or use my consoles etc when i'm around.Dion2k7

Some nice friends you have...not.

Immortal--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Immortal--
Member since 2010 • 1415 Posts

My brother uses my DS a lot hes the one who lost my stylus though :(

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Actually my girlfriend plays it more than I do xD But good thing she's "old enough" to know how to play with it without destroying it xD Anyway, when it comes to give away games I only trust a few people. There was a time I gave games, especially PS1/PS2 to family members or guys that work with me, but after I didn't get back a few of them, I stopped giving away my stuff :/

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

I let people play but if they are young they can only play games with button controls because my lite's screen was messed up so bad it doesnt even function so I had to buy a dsi.

LCS2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LCS2008
Member since 2010 • 101 Posts

Never I hate it when people even touch my DSI. Most kids just break it or get it covered in crap.

DanDaRuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DanDaRuff
Member since 2010 • 120 Posts

Generally no. The fact that I am careful when borrowing other people's things does not generally mean that they would do the same.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#47 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
If turning into a werewolf during the night and playing my DS counts as another person, then yes.
Dion2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Dion2k7
Member since 2007 • 1353 Posts

[QUOTE="Dion2k7"]I hate letting anyone use my stuff, after a friend stole a couple of my games and sold them when i was a kid. So now im like extra careful of my possessions and only let trusted friends play or use my consoles etc when i'm around.X-Jlagerwaard-X

Some nice friends you have...not.

well ex-friends we were like 10 at the time but it made me a lot more careful of possessions after that.

vgamefreak225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 vgamefreak225
Member since 2010 • 270 Posts

I've let someone use it once. I watched from over the shoulder and felt uneasy.jedinat

Same here. I have let a few people play my DS. Although one person it seemed like i was watching him VERY closely. LOL:lol:

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

Just two people, my friend and brother. Though I don't feel comfortable most of the time, especially when my friend is moving around like if she's in the game.