Do you finish all the games you buy?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts

I have finished all my games. except one.... need for speed undercover..... the worst game I have played for wii... so bad. I played for an our and almost puke :(

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

God no

I haven't even played all the games I own let alone play and finish them

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
im horrible at this, but i've been trying to get better
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

I have several games I never finished, but they're mostly games I picked up on a whim because they were cheap. Guess I need to start being more selective in the future.

despa1r_fact0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 despa1r_fact0r
Member since 2008 • 24611 Posts
nope - I have a long backlog games that I haven't finished, or even played yet.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Nope. :P My backlog stretches out to infinity I'm afraid.

SoldatKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SoldatKnight
Member since 2004 • 1557 Posts

Nope, 47 games unbeaten in backlog right now.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

God no

Jaysonguy

this unless its under ten hours I rarely finish a game

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

I dont, but my brothers do, 100% all the way for them.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Unless the game isn't enjoyable, yes, always, regardless of how many other games I have to play. I almost always play a game from start to finish once I've started it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

Not all of them. The link in my sig shows that I have five unfinished games, but I do plan on finishing them in the near future, and I haven't bought a game in months, so it's likely I'll get to them soon. In terms of Wii games, I have played and beaten all of them once (but not all 100% completion).

kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

nope, I buy too many games and have too little time to finish them all.

lizzie1238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lizzie1238
Member since 2010 • 1106 Posts
No way!!! I haven't even beat Ocarina of Time yet lol. I'm actually still working on it. I just beat the Spirit Temple yesterday.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Yep, I'll never play more than two games at a time and in most cases if its a game with an engrossing story, one at a time. I finish that game(s) and then move on to others. So I never have games sitting unfinished.
No way!!! I haven't even beat Ocarina of Time yet lol. I'm actually still working on it. I just beat the Spirit Temple yesterday.lizzie1238
That's just embarrassing lol
lizzie1238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lizzie1238
Member since 2010 • 1106 Posts
[QUOTE="lizzie1238"]No way!!! I haven't even beat Ocarina of Time yet lol. I'm actually still working on it. I just beat the Spirit Temple yesterday.Sepewrath
That's just embarrassing lol

I know, right? Super embarassing. But I started playing it as a little kid, when it was way too hard for me, and I did nothing but pointlessly run around Hyrule. I only actually started trying to beat the game about a year ago, and now I pick the game up every few months and try to beat a temple. I can't believe I still play my N64...
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i haven't even beaten 25% of the games i own with so many games coming out and can't put up time for them all
auxaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 auxaurus
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Always try... but sometime in vain

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

God no

Jaysonguy
Yeah same. Plus I tend to replay my favorites a lot :D
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GabuEx

i haven't even beaten 25% of the games i own with so many games coming out and can't put up time for them allelbert_b_23

You could always, you know, not buy the new games day one. :P

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]i haven't even beaten 25% of the games i own with so many games coming out and can't put up time for them allGabuEx

I always get a game the first week its out no matter how many others I got to play

vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 vguy555
Member since 2007 • 4625 Posts

nope, not all of them

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
If I buy a game then I'll finish it, I don't buy games if I'm not going to enjoy them enough to complete them. I generally don't finish games that I rent/borrow though.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 elbert_b_23

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]i haven't even beaten 25% of the games i own with so many games coming out and can't put up time for them allGabuEx

thou speaks blasphemy, if i don't get it on day one how will i ever get it, i don't buy games offline and lately my local gamestops get maybe 1 copy a wii game in no one around them reserves wii games, and big retial stores like walmart are lucky to get games in anymore besides what they see as high profile games
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
most of them. only if i fall into that "get stuck, ragequit" situation.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#25 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
No, I've built up a huge backlog over the last year.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#26 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

No. Idon't like every game enough to finish it.

I sell a lot before I finish them

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
thou speaks blasphemy, if i don't get it on day one how will i ever get it, i don't buy games offline and lately my local gamestops get maybe 1 copy a wii game in no one around them reserves wii games, and big retial stores like walmart are lucky to get games in anymore besides what they see as high profile gameselbert_b_23
Buy games online you mean. And you live somewhere not secluded enough to have a Gamestop, but too secluded to have any other real options? Buying less games on day 1 will allow you to save a lot of money and actually finish your games. If you don't have a checking account or something, you could always take the cash you use to buy games to buy Gamestop gift cards and use those to buy games online at any point.
Phazon64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Phazon64
Member since 2009 • 612 Posts

No, a good 3/4ths of my video game library are either halfway done or only an hour logged. xD

I'm trying to get better though - I've beaten most of the Wii games I own and starting on PS3 games..

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#29 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

I try to, but I don't always manage to do that, either due to lack of interest or lack of time.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#30 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
I have completed every single Wii game I've received. But there are some games that I have been unsuccessful of completing, still trying to get through (Mega Man and Starship Defense), very hard to get through. Pretty much the only game I can't get past even after obsessively forcing myself to sit through yet still too hard for me is Stupid Mario Bros 2...oh and Mr. Dream (Mike Tyson) from Punch-Out.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
If the game is fun all the way through, definitely. Too many games get borring though so I quit.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GabuEx

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]i haven't even beaten 25% of the games i own with so many games coming out and can't put up time for them allelbert_b_23

thou speaks blasphemy, if i don't get it on day one how will i ever get it, i don't buy games offline and lately my local gamestops get maybe 1 copy a wii game in no one around them reserves wii games, and big retial stores like walmart are lucky to get games in anymore besides what they see as high profile games

Why don't you buy games online (I'm assuming that's what you meant)? I only buy games online.

Gorillanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gorillanator
Member since 2009 • 867 Posts

I only have a few games that I still need to beat.

JBworld29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JBworld29
Member since 2003 • 30 Posts

For every 1 game that I finish there are 5 more screaming to be next.

Nintendofreakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nintendofreakx
Member since 2009 • 114 Posts

I'd say somewhere between 90-95% of the games I finish. Right now I have a fewI havn't finished guilty gear xx acent core plus, metroid prime 3 corruption, and jak 2.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
I finish about half of them.
BackOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BackOn
Member since 2010 • 94 Posts
sometimes... it depends on game
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 elbert_b_23

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"][QUOTE="GabuEx"]

GabuEx

Why don't you buy games online (I'm assuming that's what you meant)? I only buy games online.

haha yeah it happens at times when my brain works faster then my fingers i'll without thinking type something else, i don't buy games online i am to paranoid to trust online shops
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"] thou speaks blasphemy, if i don't get it on day one how will i ever get it, i don't buy games offline and lately my local gamestops get maybe 1 copy a wii game in no one around them reserves wii games, and big retial stores like walmart are lucky to get games in anymore besides what they see as high profile gameselbert_b_23

haha yeah it happens at times when my brain works faster then my fingers i'll without thinking type something else, i don't buy games online i am to paranoid to trust online shops

you better treat that paranoia before gaming goes all digital. i buy from ebay and never had issues, you just need to know where to buy from and who to trust. plus, steam is probably the best thing that ever happened to PC gaming. and they keep sucking my money, with those great games at ridiculously low prices >.>
unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts

wow look at that.... a tie :D

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GabuEx

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"] thou speaks blasphemy, if i don't get it on day one how will i ever get it, i don't buy games offline and lately my local gamestops get maybe 1 copy a wii game in no one around them reserves wii games, and big retial stores like walmart are lucky to get games in anymore besides what they see as high profile gameselbert_b_23

Online shops like Amazon are actually safer than retail shops. Retail shops can have any number of places where your credit card could be compromised - the cashier could look at the number and memorize it; someone could have installed a reader into the credit card machine, and so forth. With online shops, there is no human middleman, all communication is encrypted, and thus no one has any chance to intercept your credit card info. There is literally no downside to online shopping, unless you absolutely must have something now.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 elbert_b_23

GabuEx

Online shops like Amazon are actually safer than retail shops. Retail shops can have any number of places where your credit card could be compromised - the cashier could look at the number and memorize it; someone could have installed a reader into the credit card machine, and so forth. With online shops, there is no human middleman, all communication is encrypted, and thus no one has any chance to intercept your credit card info. There is literally no downside to online shopping, unless you absolutely must have something now.

thats why i use only cash, and make sure no one around me at the atm to take out cash that i use
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"] haha yeah it happens at times when my brain works faster then my fingers i'll without thinking type something else, i don't buy games online i am to paranoid to trust online shopselbert_b_23

thats why i use only cash, and make sure no one around me at the atm to take out cash that i use

at some point you'll have to use a credit card... unless you prefer walking around with hundreds of dollars and risk being robbed. it's a possibility.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#44 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

BrunoBRS

at some point you'll have to use a credit card... unless you prefer walking around with hundreds of dollars and risk being robbed. it's a possibility.

A debit card works muuuuch better. Afraid to carry hundreds of dollars, grab a debit card where your money is safe, and also taking amount money that is actually there, and not money that isn't.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GabuEx

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"] haha yeah it happens at times when my brain works faster then my fingers i'll without thinking type something else, i don't buy games online i am to paranoid to trust online shopselbert_b_23

Which is even more dangerous than using a credit card, as when stolen you have absolutely no way of recovering anything at all, whereas all credit cards carry zero liability on purchases made if it is stolen.

From least dangerous to most dangerous, we have:

1. Using a credit card online.
2. Using a credit card in person.
3. Using cash.

So yeah, you're pretty much going with the option that is the least secure option in existence.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="elbert_b_23"] thats why i use only cash, and make sure no one around me at the atm to take out cash that i usewiifan001

A debit card works muuuuch better. Afraid to carry hundreds of dollars, grab a debit card where your money is safe, and also taking amount money that is actually there, and not money that isn't.

carry both then :P
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

God no

this
punchacku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 punchacku
Member since 2003 • 278 Posts
About two years ago i had the problem of buying games and never finishing them. lol But now i want my moneys worth. Unless the game is terrible (the force unleashed) i will finish it. Even if i'm terrible at it. I like being challenged. If the game is full of bugs i won't finish it. I'm just more selective and read lots of reviews to make a informed buy now. Plus i don't buy games new. Too risky in my book.
ecuamanLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ecuamanLA
Member since 2004 • 224 Posts

I have this nasty habit of inundatingmyself with somany games that I can't seem to finish them all. I guess I get impatient. I haven't finsihed Mario Galaxy, and I don't think I will, because I get so frustrated dying time and again in a certain area. I hate the factthat the game has no checkpoints so at least you can start from you died, instead from the very beginning of the level. It got to the point where I just gave up and went on to another game I was waiting to play. Am currently playing Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Conduit. I will try to finish these games for sure.

MrPoo6321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MrPoo6321
Member since 2007 • 769 Posts

Usually, I beat every game I buy. I try to anyway. I usually play about 3 games at a time unless one is so engrossing that it outweighs the other one. Like I've been playing Metroid Other M but I took a break to play Bioshock on the PS3 and Star Wars Force Unleashed 2. I do have some games that I never beat though, like SSX Blur, Zack & Wiki, Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Tomb Raider Anniversary, but that also had to do with the fact that my Wii crashed after an update and I lost all my save data and I didn't feel like starting over all the way from the beginning. I guess I might go back at some point to those games. But that's probably gonna be a ways off.