dissapointed with april fools zelda?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Libralesso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Libralesso
Member since 2006 • 576 Posts
k even though it is not officially known that the zelda vid is fake (www.wii.tv) it is pretty certain so to all those who have seen it who is dissapointed it is not true. I for one am dissapointed that there is no real video of zelda, but i am not disapointed that that zelda is fake because i dont really want a futurist zelda with guns and motor cycles, i like the old time fairy world any other opinions?
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
My only dissapontment is to know so many people still believe such jokes.
Libralesso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Libralesso

My only dissapontment is to know so many people still believe such jokes.Wintry_Flutist

lol it was pretty obvious it is a fake 

rolling_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rolling_fire
Member since 2006 • 964 Posts
what video?
Mr_Apple_Soup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Mr_Apple_Soup
Member since 2006 • 3580 Posts
lol if that was real it woulda been sick, but it might have ruined zelda
burfeindt21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 burfeindt21
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts
its a yes and no kind of thing, Yes i am disappointed for the sole reason that it was the cruelest April fools joke ive seen but no because i think that it could be a better plot like a world with people that dont know about the past Hyrule and the triforce, and a rebelious Link that has to save the world but isnt ready, and the world falls into turmoil
burfeindt21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 burfeindt21
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts
what video?rolling_fire
   www.Wii.tv watch the first video
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts

lol if that was real it woulda been sick, but it might have ruined zeldaMr_Apple_Soup

To me, it would;ve done the exact opposite. Too bad it is fake.

hionspeed64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 hionspeed64
Member since 2004 • 1544 Posts

I can't believe people

1) think it's real

2) think it would be "sick" if it were real 

ranman1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 ranman1990
Member since 2006 • 295 Posts
i dont understand why wii.tv would put that up if they knew that it was a fake ,if it isnt then im gunna be mad and hopfully the creator of zelda ( shigero) would  have a say in it . You dont do that to a game that has ben around for 21 years , its just not right .
Libralesso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Libralesso
i think it would be like a split in zelda fans if they did this between ppl who would like it and people who wouldn't like it
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

It would be incredibly interesting and would open up a lot of new gameplay/story possibilies. The game would feel fresh. But i don't see how they would get the characters to fit in.

Personally i think the new Zelda game will not feature link at all.

Besides the Sphinx is in the artwork, which is still supposed to be Hyrule?
Hmmmmm. How about no.
Probably someone will find the used artwork in a collectors edition book of some FF game or so and prove this fake within a day.

Libralesso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Libralesso

Come on, link and zelda with a motorcycle and a sniper rifle? Hmm nah.
It would be incredibly interesting and would open up a lot of new gameplay/story possibilies. The game would feel fresh. But i don't see how they will get the characters to fit in.
Personally i think the new Zelda game will not feature link at all.

Besides the Sphinx is in the artwork, and it is still supposed to be Hyrule?
Hmmmmm. How about no.
Probably someone will find the used artwork in a collectors edition book of some FF game or so and prove this fake within a day.

KungfuKitten

ye i already said that its probably a fake but this topiuc was supposed to see what people would think if it were real, if they would like this zelda if it were real 

fudg__er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fudg__er
Member since 2007 • 1185 Posts
im not disappointed, im glad! i no they have to change the series but that was just plain stupid
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts

I can't believe people

1) think it's real

2) think it would be "sick" if it were real 

hionspeed64

Well, when fans blabber on about how medicore it was to keep the formula and setting the same as Oot (the exact thing fans were asking for), who could blame Nintendo (if the vid was real)?

xistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xistheman
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Fake!

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/31/april-fools-alert-1-wii-tvs-future-zelda

and was a retarded idea why would you want link with guns it would totally ruin the series

GraveRIP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GraveRIP
Member since 2007 • 473 Posts
I wont lie: It had me for a while there till the point when they started to tke stuff out of the air. guns motorcycles, then i started laughing.
ghostadv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ghostadv
Member since 2004 • 3080 Posts
Hell, if Nintendo actually did something more futuristic with Zelda, I might actually be interested.
gesi1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 gesi1223
Member since 2004 • 2117 Posts

Fake!

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/31/april-fools-alert-1-wii-tvs-future-zelda

and was a retarded idea why would you want link with guns it would totally ruin the series

xistheman

Think Shadow The Hedgehog. :P

Edit: Shadow not Sonic. :( 

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
i dont understand why wii.tv would put that up if they knew that it was a fake ,if it isnt then im gunna be mad and hopfully the creator of zelda ( shigero) would  have a say in it . You dont do that to a game that has ben around for 21 years , its just not right . ranman1990
Its a joke and a pretty obvious one at that. Calm down.
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#21 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
I think it would be kind of cool if they'd do a futuristic Zelda.... it would be unique, that's for sure.
callmewaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 callmewaffle
Member since 2007 • 905 Posts
Hell, if Nintendo actually did something more futuristic with Zelda, I might actually be interested.ghostadv
Sadly it looks like Phantom Hourglass will use a repeating day system like MM. 
soulsdeparting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 soulsdeparting
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts
i think  a futuristic zelda, maybe as a little side project (not as a full-blown new legend of zelda) would add an interesting spin to the series
napkincard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 napkincard
Member since 2004 • 1046 Posts
TP was too similar to OT. This new Zelda would PWN if it's real.
LasPlagasHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#25 LasPlagasHope
Member since 2005 • 1356 Posts
Like i dont care if it's real or not but if it is.....OMFG!
cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#26 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts

k even though it is not officially known that the zelda vid is fake (www.wii.tv) it is pretty certain so to all those who have seen it who is dissapointed it is not true. I for one am dissapointed that there is no real video of zelda, but i am not disapointed that that zelda is fake because i dont really want a futurist zelda with guns and motor cycles, i like the old time fairy world any other opinions?Libralesso

I thought it was a great idea and hope that nintendo does it at least once but it shouldn't be something permanant.

vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts
Looks amazing, too bad it isn't true
rishi44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rishi44
Member since 2005 • 482 Posts
LMFAO ONE OF THE PICTURES IS AN ARTISTS RENDERING OF BIOSHOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU PHAIL WII.TV
FireEmblem24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FireEmblem24
Member since 2007 • 1097 Posts
Just imagine if the next Zelda was futuristic. How crazy would that be.
darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

Nintendo did say the next Zelda will be like no other. Also they said it was under development for about a year and that is true.

frodnekcod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#31 frodnekcod
Member since 2006 • 488 Posts

LMFAO ONE OF THE PICTURES IS AN ARTISTS RENDERING OF BIOSHOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU PHAIL WII.TV
rishi44

omg you spelled fail with a ph, you thief! do you know joe buchholz? or do great minds think alike? do you know me? is this merely coincidental? who are all these questions directed at? hell if i know?

jsrock_on54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jsrock_on54
Member since 2003 • 627 Posts
cold day in hell, all i got to say
blazethe1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#33 blazethe1
Member since 2004 • 1238 Posts

"epona, the horse doesn't exist, link actually rides a motorcycle now that he CALLS Epona."

wow, dead giveaway. that would be the worst idea EVER

rishi44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rishi44
Member since 2005 • 482 Posts

[QUOTE="rishi44"]LMFAO ONE OF THE PICTURES IS AN ARTISTS RENDERING OF BIOSHOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU PHAIL WII.TV
frodnekcod

omg you spelled fail with a ph, you thief! do you know joe buchholz? or do great minds think alike? do you know me? is this merely coincidental? who are all these questions directed at? hell if i know?

huh
gesi1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gesi1223

"epona, the horse doesn't exist, link actually rides a motorcycle now that he CALLS Epona."

wow, dead giveaway. that would be the worst idea EVER

blazethe1
Duh. Oh, no wait. It's E.P.O.N.A. Extra Professional Off-road Night Assault vehical.
Linkthedueler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Linkthedueler
Member since 2003 • 4389 Posts
Gaming mags/sites seem to be doing bad with April Fools jokes...well really just EGM and wii.tv. Sadly wii.tv's seemed more believable than EGM's imo. Also i think it would be cool if they had a modern zelda (not futuristic). Its just the way wii.tv showed it was lame...they made it look lame, but if done right it might be good.
gesi1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gesi1223
Gaming mags/sites seem to be doing bad with April Fools jokes...well really just EGM and wii.tv. Sadly wii.tv's seemed more believable than EGM's imo. Also i think it would be cool if they had a modern zelda (not futuristic). Its just the way wii.tv showed it was lame...they made it look lame, but if done right it might be good.Linkthedueler
So it didn't seem believeable at all. Because i'd rather believe Mario with Kingdom Hearts than this Future Zelda crap.
fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#38 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts
are you telling me that a video was released online showcasing a futuristic Zelda with guns and motorcycles...and people believed it? excuse me while i laugh my *** off. HAHAHAHAHAHA
TheLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheLordMagnus
Member since 2006 • 3783 Posts
I honestly have no idea where Nintendo could take the Zelda franchise next. Sure, they could change the controls to better suit the Wii controller, but if the story is the same old same old, set in hyrule, rescue princess zelda, defeat Gannondorf, the series is going to die out pretty fast if they keep doing the same thing over and over again. Even Mario is trying something new with Galaxy, and Zelda is still stuck in the past.
gesi1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gesi1223
I honestly have no idea where Nintendo could take the Zelda franchise next. Sure, they could change the controls to better suit the Wii controller, but if the story is the same old same old, set in hyrule, rescue princess zelda, defeat Gannondorf, the series is going to die out pretty fast if they keep doing the same thing over and over again. Even Mario is trying something new with Galaxy, and Zelda is still stuck in the past.TheLordMagnus
Also the Paper Mario Series. He's still saving Peach but in other ways that get better each time.
Linkthedueler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Linkthedueler
Member since 2003 • 4389 Posts

[QUOTE="Linkthedueler"]Gaming mags/sites seem to be doing bad with April Fools jokes...well really just EGM and wii.tv. Sadly wii.tv's seemed more believable than EGM's imo. Also i think it would be cool if they had a modern zelda (not futuristic). Its just the way wii.tv showed it was lame...they made it look lame, but if done right it might be good.gesi1223
So it didn't seem believeable at all. Because i'd rather believe Mario with Kingdom Hearts than this Future Zelda crap.

Actually now that i think about it...they were both COMPLETLEY unbelievable crap and after thinking about that video again...it was worse than "Mushroom Kingdom Hearts" lol 

blazethe1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#42 blazethe1
Member since 2004 • 1238 Posts

[QUOTE="TheLordMagnus"]I honestly have no idea where Nintendo could take the Zelda franchise next. Sure, they could change the controls to better suit the Wii controller, but if the story is the same old same old, set in hyrule, rescue princess zelda, defeat Gannondorf, the series is going to die out pretty fast if they keep doing the same thing over and over again. Even Mario is trying something new with Galaxy, and Zelda is still stuck in the past.gesi1223
Also the Paper Mario Series. He's still saving Peach but in other ways that get better each time.

this is true, but hey, mario has been saving peach since way before paper mario!

edit: o man, would a paper zelda be any good? not necessarily paper either, just a weird twist like THAT

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Hell, if Nintendo actually did something more futuristic with Zelda, I might actually be interested.ghostadv

I'd be curious. I like change.  TP was too much of a tribute to all the Zelda's before it, I think we could use something as radical as that.

AGM3002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AGM3002
Member since 2003 • 901 Posts

I just found out about this video.

Would be intersting.

Grinder86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Grinder86
Member since 2005 • 105 Posts

well, if they made this game, it would be awsome.

but with the zelda title, eh, proboly not,

maybe if it had a different title???

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

My only dissapontment is to know so many people still believe such jokes.Wintry_Flutist

lol, seriously... as if WiiTV is enough of an entity to warrant an exclusive story anyhow. LOL and DOUBLE LOL!

Hey... watch this... I'm gonna commit an act of heresy here, and say that I SUPPORT them doing something like this, though. Several years ago, people would have thought a Final Fantasy set in the future would be a heretical act. But Final Fantasy VII, with it's post-apocalyptic Neo-Tokyo-style setting, was the best in series, and the last great one IMO (perhaps also heresy?). Playing Twilight Princess made me realize something... Nintendo needs something new for this series. I've been a fan of Zelda since 1985, but even I'm starting to get bored with the franchise. They need to take it in a bold direction... start taking REAL chances, not just with a stupid controller, but with stuff that REALLY matters. If it didn't go well, so what? You'll turn back the clock in the next release. None of them is the same Link supposedly so it doesn't matter, right? I say, go for it and add cars and metal and robots and whatnot... I think it's time Nintendo starting acting bold, and not doing the same old thing and convincing people it's innovative. Intellivision's controller was a remote control... and motion sensing has been done a number of times before. Hell, just about everything's been done before. Forget all that... I say send in the robots. Link needs a makeover.

manny_stlye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 manny_stlye
Member since 2003 • 940 Posts

That would be  a really lame and pathetic Zelda even if it was real lol!!!

P.S. I mean come on, Link driving a futuristic i-robot car to replace Epona!!!

savagetofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 savagetofu
Member since 2006 • 498 Posts

I like the idea i vote yes.

I also like the idea of the mushroom kingdom hearts.

I mean Why not?????????

A futuristic zelda could be really fun. Maybe they could rip off samuri Jack & ganon can send link to the future!!!

awesomeface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 awesomeface
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
It would be pretty interesting if they tied it in with the story. Like Ganon creating a "time machine" and sends Link to the future where Ganon is the ruler of the world and at the end Link defeats Ganon and he goes back in time again and everything's back to normal.
savagetofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 savagetofu
Member since 2006 • 498 Posts

lol, seriously... as if WiiTV is enough of an entity to warrant an exclusive story anyhow. LOL and DOUBLE LOL!

Hey... watch this... I'm gonna commit an act of heresy here, and say that I SUPPORT them doing something like this, though. Several years ago, people would have thought a Final Fantasy set in the future would be a heretical act. But Final Fantasy VII, with it's post-apocalyptic Neo-Tokyo-style setting, was the best in series, and the last great one IMO (perhaps also heresy?). Playing Twilight Princess made me realize something... Nintendo needs something new for this series. I've been a fan of Zelda since 1985, but even I'm starting to get bored with the franchise. They need to take it in a bold direction... start taking REAL chances, not just with a stupid controller, but with stuff that REALLY matters. If it didn't go well, so what? You'll turn back the clock in the next release. None of them is the same Link supposedly so it doesn't matter, right? I say, go for it and add cars and metal and robots and whatnot... I think it's time Nintendo starting acting bold, and not doing the same old thing and convincing people it's innovative. Intellivision's controller was a remote control... and motion sensing has been done a number of times before. Hell, just about everything's been done before. Forget all that... I say send in the robots. Link needs a makeover.

I agree with this!!!

seriously what is wrong with this idea?

I do personally like the fact that zelda & other nintendo games are remade constantly. There isn't any reason however they couldn't do stuff like this also!

Making Zelda futuristic could possibly fill a big void in the 18-30 year old video game market.