Dissapointed with 3DS game box

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

It's white, which means it will turn into yellowish as time goes by

It has the "Nintendo 3DS" near the opening, which is really weird I think

It has square holes when you open it (save the plastic materials. save the planet? yeah.....)

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
As eco-boxes go, it's not terrible.
peach79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 peach79
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts

I still have some Wii games from launch and the boxes haven't turned yellow.

emirblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 emirblade
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

I like them. I don't like the box where the 3DS came from.I don't like the design. Reflecting a closed 3DS on the front does not look stylish or awesome, it's a black/blue rectangle with a black/blue gradient at the back. And the reflection of the word nintendo 3DS doesn't help it either, I keep trying to find hidden messages.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

It has square holes when you open it (save the plastic materials. save the planet? yeah.....)

EZs
Not too concerned about the eventual yellowing of the boxes. Having the system label on the right side did seem like kind of an odd choice... The square holes could be put to some use if Nintendo got inventive: imagine if you got stickers in the mail(assuming your system is linked to your club Nintendo account) as part of some kind of physical achievement system- whether based on the amount of time played, or in game stats, or otherwise tracked somehow. Maybe not even stickers, but fitted pieces of plastic(example: Pokemon trainer badges- beat a boss, a few days later you get a plastic square with your water badge on it in the mail). But then I've been yearning for some kind of achievement system for ages for my DS.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LordAndrew
[QUOTE="EZs"]

El_Zo1212o
Not too concerned about the eventual yellowing of the boxes. Having the system label on the right side did seem like kind of an odd choice... The square holes could be put to some use if Nintendo got inventive: imagine if you got stickers in the mail(assuming your system is linked to your club Nintendo account) as part of some kind of physical achievement system- whether based on the amount of time played, or in game stats, or otherwise tracked somehow. Maybe not even stickers, but fitted pieces of plastic(example: Pokemon trainer badges- beat a boss, a few days later you get a plastic square with your water badge on it in the mail). But then I've been yearning for some kind of achievement system for ages for my DS.

I want patches for high scores. Something to show off my status in the Federation of Laser Blasters.
EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EZs

Not too concerned about the eventual yellowing of the boxes. Having the system label on the right side did seem like kind of an odd choice... The square holes could be put to some use if Nintendo got inventive: imagine if you got stickers in the mail(assuming your system is linked to your club Nintendo account) as part of some kind of physical achievement system- whether based on the amount of time played, or in game stats, or otherwise tracked somehow. Maybe not even stickers, but fitted pieces of plastic(example: Pokemon trainer badges- beat a boss, a few days later you get a plastic square with your water badge on it in the mail). But then I've been yearning for some kind of achievement system for ages for my DS.El_Zo1212o

I have heard about this sticker/badge achievement idea before, but I can't really remember from where I heard it.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

Seems an odd thing to be disappointed with.

bls_essex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bls_essex
Member since 2008 • 266 Posts

I think they look better. I like that they're thinner and lighter. I was at Target the other day and saw the 3DS games on display. I think they look more attractive.

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

EZs

Basically, I think this post is in response to Nintendo as a way to say:

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 EZs

I think they look better. I like that they're thinner and lighter. I was at Target the other day and saw the 3DS games on display. I think they look more attractive.

bls_essex

Yes they're thinner, that I like, so I can put more games on my shelf.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 El_Zo1212o

[QUOTE="EZs"]

Zanoh

Basically, I think this post is in response to Nintendo as a way to say:

Well. Color me confused.
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

Putting the "Nintendo 3DS" on the right hand side of the packaging is probably a move to differentiate 3DS games from DS games that are more than likely using the same shelf space in stores. Don't want Mom bringing home a game that won't work with little Billy's DS Lite.

Wise move, IMO.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Its a box I really dont care.
TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts

Putting the "Nintendo 3DS" on the right hand side of the packaging is probably a move to differentiate 3DS games from DS games that are more than likely using the same shelf space in stores. Don't want Mom bringing home a game that won't work with little Billy's DS Lite.

Wise move, IMO.

ItsEvolution
At first I thought it looked strange and then I realized this too.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 El_Zo1212o
[QUOTE="ItsEvolution"]

Wise move, IMO.

TankZorz

I suppose that makes sense, although I would imagine the big red '3' would serve to differentiate between the two systems. On a side note, are the four games revolving in your sig the games you've got for you 3ds?
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Eh. I don't use them to store my games and they look fine for display purposes.

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TankZorz
[QUOTE="TankZorz"][QUOTE="ItsEvolution"]

Wise move, IMO.

El_Zo1212o

I suppose that makes sense, although I would imagine the big red '3' would serve to differentiate between the two systems. On a side note, are the four games revolving in your sig the games you've got for you 3ds?

You'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't :P ) how much help some people need because they don't pay attention when buying things. I'm sure there are quite a few parents who bought 3DS games because they didn't know any better. Yeah, those are the games I have. I thought it might be useful for people who decide to add me to know what games I have.
Leaky_Taps_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Leaky_Taps_Man
Member since 2010 • 319 Posts

Turn yellow - the hell have you been doing to your cases!?

I've had several Wii games since the console's launch and they're all white, regardless of the temptation to apparently urinate all over my game cases.

I think the covers look fine, not ecstatic about having the 3DS logo down the right hand side but it doesn't look bad per se, just would've kept it on the left.

LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

If they turn yellow you did something wrong

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AutoPilotOn
[QUOTE="Leaky_Taps_Man"]

Turn yellow - the hell have you been doing to your cases!?

I've had several Wii games since the console's launch and they're all white, regardless of the temptation to apparently urinate all over my game cases.

I think the covers look fine, not ecstatic about having the 3DS logo down the right hand side but it doesn't look bad per se, just would've kept it on the left.

Well to be fair in like 20 years or so alot of things that are white do discolor. The Wii isnt really old enough to have that happen yet.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#22 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I don't think the 3DS game boxes will "turn yellow" as you worry they will. I do, however, agree with you completely that they don't seem as sturdy or nice as the DS game boxes did.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

Wise move, IMO.

ItsEvolution
Yeah, I agree with that pat. But holes in the boxes? That is horrible and it will be a disaster for buying used games.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AutoPilotOn
[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="ItsEvolution"]

Wise move, IMO.

Yeah, I agree with that pat. But holes in the boxes? That is horrible and it will be a disaster for buying used games.

GBA games and n64 games and all that came in cardboard boxes and I never had a problem.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Rod90
[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"][QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="ItsEvolution"]

Wise move, IMO.

GBA games and n64 games and all that came in cardboard boxes and I never had a problem.

When we were young and innocent and we didnt care. Now it matters.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AutoPilotOn

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"][QUOTE="Rod90"] Yeah, I agree with that pat. But holes in the boxes? That is horrible and it will be a disaster for buying used games.Rod90

Young and innocent? lol I was like20 when the GBA came out and I didnt mind.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LordAndrew
My Super Nintendo boxes are still in good condition. I have inadvertently crushed some of my Game Boy boxes though.
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
If your game cases are turning yellow, it has more to do with the environment you're storing them in. My oldest Wii games, which are 5 years old, are still perfectly white. I did know a few people who's SNES's turned yellow years down the line, but most of them had smokers in the family or smoked themselves, and that stuff can suprisingly discolour lots of things.
TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TankZorz
If your game cases are turning yellow, it has more to do with the environment you're storing them in. My oldest Wii games, which are 5 years old, are still perfectly white. I did know a few people who's SNES's turned yellow years down the line, but most of them had smokers in the family or smoked themselves, and that stuff can suprisingly discolour lots of things.Raiko101
Including your lungs...
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Rod90

[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"] GBA games and n64 games and all that came in cardboard boxes and I never had a problem. AutoPilotOn

You were inmature and innocent then.
m1k3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 m1k3m
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]

[QUOTE="Rod90"] When we were young and innocent and we didnt care. Now it matters.Rod90

You were inmature and innocent then.

This guy needs to calm down.
Crystal-Rush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Crystal-Rush
Member since 2005 • 2274 Posts
The only reason your cases are turning yellow is because you or your family members are smokers. Smoke can get into anything from anywhere in the house.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#34 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Smoke isn't the only reason why white equipment discolors overtime. A lot of PCs get discolored over the years. I think a lot of it has to do with being around the device and having constant contact with it, must get fluid from our skin on it.

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
Discoloration can also be from direct sunlight.
tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

its a box...

CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CDUB316
Member since 2009 • 6589 Posts

When white things turn yellow that usually means you're a smoker or someone in the house is.....cigarette smoke turns things yellow....so don't smoke in the house or whatever room you have the games in is the easiest way to prevent this

and i really like the way the inside looks....it's by far the best eco looking box yet...instead of the stupid recycle symbol cut out...it's a bunch of white boxes that really make the inside look artistic in a way and i really love it

the 3DS logo being by the opening is a bit weird, but its different which is what nintendo wants you to realize...that these aren't DS games which come casuals prolly still think the 3DS is just another DS

i also REALLY like the spines of the cases....they all look the same and have that little picture of the game by the top, they look great when the games are lined up on the shelf

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TankZorz

its a box...

tutt3r
haha. I couldn't have said it better.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 El_Zo1212o
[QUOTE="TankZorz"][QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="TankZorz"] At first I thought it looked strange and then I realized this too.

You'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't :P ) how much help some people need because they don't pay attention when buying things. I'm sure there are quite a few parents who bought 3DS games because they didn't know any better. Yeah, those are the games I have. I thought it might be useful for people who decide to add me to know what games I have.

I only mentioned it because they're all the same one's I picked up, except for Nintendogs- I picked up Madden Football instead.
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#40 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
I think the one thing that irritates me about the 3DS box is the logo being on the right side instead of the left. I'm still trying to figure out what they were thinking...
TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TankZorz
I think the one thing that irritates me about the 3DS box is the logo being on the right side instead of the left. I'm still trying to figure out what they were thinking... Amnesiac23
Mixing it up so unobservant people don't buy games for the wrong system.
3DPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 3DPlayer
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I kind of like the new thinner design and eco- friendly they came up with on the 3DS game cases.