This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts
that two 5 hour online shooters who haven't reinvented themselves since they originally came out are leading mario galaxy in the prelims. SMG is a masterpiece of design in a good game. but in this era of shooters flooding the market for the trigger happy frat boy i guess it shouldn't surprise me. on another note, USB keyboards work on Wii right? even the USB logitech keyboard made for PS3 right. i might get one at my store for 25% off.
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts

Hey, it happened with Metal Arms (my fav third-person shooter), Psychonauts (totally unique platformer and remindes me of the great platformers which graced PS1)and Beyond Good & Evil (Ancel's best work). People are idiots. Genuine idiots.

On the note of disgusting, look at PAL releases - a censored, late version of No More Heroes and a 4-5 month delayed version of Brawl. What gives?

the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

Hey, it happened with Metal Arms (my fav third-person shooter), Psychonauts (totally unique platformer and remindes me of the great platformers which graced PS1)and Beyond Good & Evil (Ancel's best work). People are idiots. Genuine idiots.

Optusnet

I think you may be confusing idiocy with opinion. It may be hard to believe, but not everyone likes the same stuff you do. It's crazy, I know.

blink720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blink720
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts
[QUOTE="Optusnet"]

the_leet_kid

I think you may be confusing idiocy with opinion. It may be hard to believe, but not everyone likes the same stuff you do. It's crazy, I know.

Absolutely Crazy!

Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

I agree wholeheartedly with the original poster.

Though I am not immune from "trigger happyness". I do love some Time Crisis :)

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts
My question is where are the Wii fans, I voted myself where are the others we must UNITE
Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts
[QUOTE="Optusnet"]

the_leet_kid

Whaaaaat??? You're joking, right? Oh man, wait till Kanye West (or whatever his name is) hears this, he is going to be one PO'd little kid.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cyber-

What happens to the winner of these polls?

Because if SMG is booted out because wii fans are so uninvolved and fanboys are so rampant I am gonna go crazy!!!! Go vote people.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
...Metal Arms (my fav third-person shooter)Optusnet
Metal Arms FTW!!! also one of my favorite games
TopBossUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TopBossUltra
Member since 2006 • 144 Posts

I sincerely hope that Crysis wasn't one of the 5 hour online shooters you were refering to...because if so it's obvious that you haven't played it.

At the time of me posting this Crysis is Leading by almost 2000 votes.

I'd like to make it clear that I generally do not enjoy shooters, and I do love my Wii. If you haven't played Crysis though then you seriously have no opinion here. I thought the game was amazing, and much better than Galaxy. I was playing both at the same time and Crysis really made Galaxy pale in comparison. If you haven't played it; I strongly recommend it. It's much more than a 5 hour online shooter...actually it isn't that at all...since it takes more than 5 hours.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cyber-

I sincerely hope that Crysis wasn't one of the 5 hour online shooters you were refering to...because if so it's obvious that you haven't played it.

At the time of me posting this Crysis is Leading by almost 2000 votes.

I'd like to make it clear that I generally do not enjoy shooters, and I do love my Wii. If you haven't played Crysis though then you seriously have no opinion here. I thought the game was amazing, and much better than Galaxy. I was playing both at the same time and Crysis really made Galaxy pale in comparison. If you haven't played it; I strongly recommend it. It's much more than a 5 hour online shooter...actually it isn't that at all...since it takes more than 5 hours.

TopBossUltra

really, if Crysis didnt have amazing graphics then the game would be a regular shooter. Even though SMG has amazing graphics and its really polished its amazing because it literally reinvent platformers while Crysis uses vastly overused genre and dispalys amazing visuals.

Its pretty sad people will place more importance on redundancy(granted done really well) over a game that literally chnages the way we look at games.

There will be many more FPS that have the same type of gameplay and look even nicer in the very near future, but its not often we will get games like SMG.

TopBossUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TopBossUltra

Not many of us get to see Crysis' graphics the way you see them on Youtube, as you may or may not be aware of. The game is incredibly fun whether you're seeing it with the amazing graphics or the a little above average ones.

SMG certainly hasn't changed the way I look at games...the only thing that I felt was all that fresh about it was the gravity simulation. Sure, it was fun and all...but SMG is definitely an overhyped game.

The thing is SMG isn't much longer than Crysis...yet the gameplay goes downhill as you continue the repetitive star collection cycle. Crysis is fun from beginning to end...

You may or may not agree. I'm just saying, perhaps this is why so many people have voted for Crysis while SMG is falling short. Don't go blaming it on "lazy Wii fans". Just because someone is a fan of the wii doesn't mean that they have to support SMG for being a Wii game in some poll. That would be a sad display of fanboyism.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cyber-

Ok I did not know personal accounts of how we felt about SMG or Crysis really mattered. SMG brings to the table new ways to look at games with new level designs not really done before, completely independant cameras, gravity manipulation, and inventive battles.

Crysis while very fun is not that much different from other shooters except for its amazing graphics. I dont see how people can justify that except for being your favored system

Its obvious Wii fans are not very dedicated and PC fans are very dedicated and united thats why its turning out how it is.

As much as people would deny it graphics are sooo much more important to people than gameplay. I know its annoying the Wii has weaker graphics but its made people think its the only important thing there. Just imagine Crysis as a regular shooter, thats what it is without those amazing visuals.

doffythebest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 doffythebest
Member since 2004 • 802 Posts

On the note of disgusting, look at PAL releases - a censored, late version of No More Heroes and a 4-5 month delayed version of Brawl. What gives?

Optusnet

Couldn't be said more precise.

wiretoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wiretoss
Member since 2006 • 3030 Posts
You have to understand CoD4 is on about 4 more systems than SMG.
It has a wider audience.
blink720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blink720
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts

Ok I did not know personal accounts of how we felt about SMG or Crysis really mattered. SMG brings to the table new ways to look at games with new level designs not really done before, completely independant cameras, gravity manipulation, and inventive battles.

Crysis while very fun is not that much different from other shooters except for its amazing graphics. I dont see how people can justify that except for being your favored system

Its obvious Wii fans are not very dedicated and PC fans are very dedicated and united thats why its turning out how it is.

As much as people would deny it graphics are sooo much more important to people than gameplay. I know its annoying the Wii has weaker graphics but its made people think its the only important thing there. Just imagine Crysis as a regular shooter, thats what it is without those amazing visuals.

Cyber-

Or maybe just maybe some people liked a game more then SMG this year...

mrjam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 mrjam0
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

Optusnet

lol. wow. i thought i was the only one who thought that metal arms was genius

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
its there choice. I dont care what wins GOTY.. i still hate FPS.
Avatar image for DaLegendKilla92
DaLegendKilla92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaLegendKilla92
Member since 2007 • 919 Posts

I am gonna go vote right now!

Avatar image for DaLegendKilla92
DaLegendKilla92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaLegendKilla92
Member since 2007 • 919 Posts
Unreal Tournament, Call of Duty 4, and Crysis are the ones winning.
TopBossUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TopBossUltra

Cyber-

Personal accounts of how you felt about the game you voted for are ALL THAT MATTERS! It's a poll that asks which anticipated game was most worth the wait...if that could somehow be a fact and not an opinion then there would only be a small handful of people voting for the other games while one completely dominated.

The battles were not very inventive in SMG...a large amount of them were "shoot this shell at the enemy" or "jump on him" (ground pounding is only jump++). I will grant you that the auto-camera was amazing. It's a rare thing to play a game with an auto-camera that doesn't end up feeling like you're playing against the camera instead of the enemies. It's probably the most impressive thing about SMG.

Crysis must not be too much like other shooters, because, as I mentioned before, I'm not a fan of shooters and I played it with barely above average graphics. It was infinitely more fun than most shooters I've ever played, and to my knowledge something similar to the nanosuit has only been in one other shooter (which wasn't very popular). The fact remains; it's obviously not a regular shooter when the amazing visuals are gone, because for me the visuals were not so amazing...but the game was.

Also, since you obviously don't know me...graphics don't make the game for me. My primary concern is gameplay (or I wouldn't have bought a Wii). I actually think Sony and Microsoft pushed console gaming farther than it was ready to go this generation (thus the unrealiable consoles).

Finally, this should not be about "wii fans" or "pc fans" it should be about fans of particular games. If your vote comes from the fact that you are a fan of a console then you shouldn't even get to vote. All of the fanboyism is a load of crap, and from reading your posts on other threads I can't help but think you have a bit of bias towards Nintendo. The Wii is great, but there is no "best". Each of the options for gaming has exclusive titles that should be experienced (except maybe the PS3) and each is great in its own way.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

TopBossUltra

Personal accounts of how you felt about the game you voted for are ALL THAT MATTERS! It's a poll that asks which anticipated game was most worth the wait...if that could somehow be a fact and not an opinion then there would only be a small handful of people voting for the other games while one completely dominated.

The battles were not very inventive in SMG...a large amount of them were "shoot this shell at the enemy" or "jump on him" (ground pounding is only jump++). I will grant you that the auto-camera was amazing. It's a rare thing to play a game with an auto-camera that doesn't end up feeling like you're playing against the camera instead of the enemies. It's probably the most impressive thing about SMG.

Crysis must not be too much like other shooters, because, as I mentioned before, I'm not a fan of shooters and I played it with barely above average graphics. It was infinitely more fun than most shooters I've ever played, and to my knowledge something similar to the nanosuit has only been in one other shooter (which wasn't very popular). The fact remains; it's obviously not a regular shooter when the amazing visuals are gone, because for me the visuals were not so amazing...but the game was.

Also, since you obviously don't know me...graphics don't make the game for me. My primary concern is gameplay (or I wouldn't have bought a Wii). I actually think Sony and Microsoft pushed console gaming farther than it was ready to go this generation (thus the unrealiable consoles).

Finally, this should not be about "wii fans" or "pc fans" it should be about fans of particular games. If your vote comes from the fact that you are a fan of a console then you shouldn't even get to vote. All of the fanboyism is a load of crap, and from reading your posts on other threads I can't help but think you have a bit of bias towards Nintendo. The Wii is great, but there is no "best". Each of the options for gaming has exclusive titles that should be experienced (except maybe the PS3) and each is great in its own way.

I was talking about what the industry saw as better. He basically said the game was better because of the way it rubbed off of him. The Reader's Choice is personal opinion but you should keep in mind what I have been trying to say to you guys. Its funny how I can easily state how SMG improves upon platforming and gaming in general, but all you can do is call me a fanboy and site personal feelings again. You said the boss fights were simple thats because its not supposed to be over the top and they are supposed to be a finishing point. If anything it does nothing to detract from the wonderful experience it has in store.

All you have done is say general statement swithout any examples. please give an example from"other threads" of how I am a fanboy. Its funny because whenever I criticise things I dont like about the Wii I get called the opposite. Please give examples of how Crysis expands upon its genre or is above and beyond other shooters.

Your whole post is just general and pointless. Obviously everyone is gonna vote for the game they want, but PC fans are gonna vote for Crysis, Wii fans are gonna vote for SMG, and CoD4/ UT are multiplat so they have a large pull. There will be some people who dont but they are voting for those games becuase thats the kind of games they want.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

blink720

Or maybe just maybe some people liked a game more then SMG this year...

ya maybe on this site but not in the world. look how much better SMG sells and it scores better as well.

Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#25 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts
[QUOTE="Optusnet"]

the_leet_kid

I think you're confusing fact with my opinion. I put my opinion in brackets, and fact everywhere else. Metal Arms, Beyond Good & Evil, and Psychonauts were all critically acclaimed games and sold diddly squat......which is pretty much nothing. Whereas you see Need for Speed, Mario PArty 17 and Madden 08 sell millions. And that is disgusting.

Skylarkell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Skylarkell
Member since 2007 • 2797 Posts
I once asked most of the gamers that I now in my school what they felt was there favorite games. Most were saying shooters and sports games. Only about 3 people including myself said brawl, banjo and tooie, and mario. People buy shooters becuase they enjoy them, its your opinion
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cyber-

I once asked most of the gamers that I now in my school what they felt was there favorite games. Most were saying shooters and sports games. Only about 3 people including myself said brawl, banjo and tooie, and mario. People buy shooters becuase they enjoy them, its your opinionSkylarkell

they flood the market and when I ask this guy what makes Crysis so amazing other than its top notch visuals all he does is call me a fanboy. LMAO its pathetic. Its also Wii fans who are willing to vote for SMG are not very involved even though they are on this site all of the time they just stay in the Wii forums.

TopBossUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TopBossUltra
[QUOTE="TopBossUltra"][QUOTE="Cyber-"]

Cyber-

I was talking about what the industry saw as better. He basically said the game was better because of the way it rubbed off of him. The Reader's Choice is personal opinion but you should keep in mind what I have been trying to say to you guys. Its funny how I can easily state how SMG improves upon platforming and gaming in general, but all you can do is call me a fanboy and site personal feelings again. You said the boss fights were simple thats because its not supposed to be over the top and they are supposed to be a finishing point. If anything it does nothing to detract from the wonderful experience it has in store.

All you have done is say general statement swithout any examples. please give an example from"other threads" of how I am a fanboy. Its funny because whenever I criticise things I dont like about the Wii I get called the opposite. Please give examples of how Crysis expands upon its genre or is above and beyond other shooters.

Your whole post is just general and pointless. Obviously everyone is gonna vote for the game they want, but PC fans are gonna vote for Crysis, Wii fans are gonna vote for SMG, and CoD4/ UT are multiplat so they have a large pull. There will be some people who dont but they are voting for those games becuase thats the kind of games they want.

You have problems with your comprehension skills don't you? (Incase you can't understand that's a rhetorical question...it doesn't require an answer, because I've already made up my mind) You said the boss battles were inventive in SMG. I said they weren't inventive, and then you said I was complaining because they were simple. If you can tell me WHEN I complained about them being simple I'll send you a check for whatever amount of money you'd like. Actually, I didn't even care that they weren't inventive, but I do care that you claim they are. As far as the way the boss battles were done, it's exactly the same as all of the previous mario games.

I've already told you why I think Crysis is above others shooters. The reason is, I don't like shooters...I loved Crysis. I thought it was a very fun game. Which part of that is tripping you up? It's not general it's quite specific. I enjoyed playing a game that is part of a genre that I generally dislike.

Also, I'm aware that Wii fanboys are gonna be stupid enough to vote for a Wii game just because it's a Wii game and PC fanboys are gonna do the same sort of idiotic thing, but my point is that it's an idiotic thing to do. People shouldn't let console favoritism make them vote for a game that they either didn't like as much as another, like alright but didn't really play any of the others, or maybe even just didn't even play the game they voted for at all. You're asking the wrong questions. You asked where all the Wii fans were, but you should have been asking where all the SMG fans were.

This alone makes you seem like a fanboy. You cry out for the Wii fans to unite, because that's what you are...a Wii fan. If Mario was (for whatever reason) a property of Microsoft and SMG was on the 360 you'd be saying, "hey, everybody vote for MP3. Where are all the Wii fans?" I don't even have to go to another post to find evidence of your fanboyism.

To give you some evidence that I'm beyond your console squabbles...I considered voting for Assassin's Creed before I noticed Crysis on the list, and were it not for the fact that Twilight Princess came out last year it probably would have got my vote.

Before you post something else make sure you're comprehending the entire thing. Because I'd prefer to not explain the same things to you over and over again.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="TopBossUltra"][QUOTE="Cyber-"]

TopBossUltra

You have problems with your comprehension skills don't you? (Incase you can't understand that's a rhetorical question...it doesn't require an answer, because I've already made up my mind) You said the boss battles were inventive in SMG. I said they weren't inventive, and then you said I was complaining because they were simple. If you can tell me WHEN I complained about them being simple I'll send you a check for whatever amount of money you'd like. Actually, I didn't even care that they weren't inventive, but I do care that you claim they are. As far as the way the boss battles were done, it's exactly the same as all of the previous mario games.

I've already told you why I think Crysis is above others shooters. The reason is, I don't like shooters...I loved Crysis. I thought it was a very fun game. Which part of that is tripping you up? It's not general it's quite specific. I enjoyed playing a game that is part of a genre that I generally dislike.

Also, I'm aware that Wii fanboys are gonna be stupid enough to vote for a Wii game just because it's a Wii game and PC fanboys are gonna do the same sort of idiotic thing, but my point is that it's an idiotic thing to do. People shouldn't let console favoritism make them vote for a game that they either didn't like as much as another, like alright but didn't really play any of the others, or maybe even just didn't even play the game they voted for at all. You're asking the wrong questions. You asked where all the Wii fans were, but you should have been asking where all the SMG fans were.

This alone makes you seem like a fanboy. You cry out for the Wii fans to unite, because that's what you are...a Wii fan. If Mario was (for whatever reason) a property of Microsoft and SMG was on the 360 you'd be saying, "hey, everybody vote for MP3. Where are all the Wii fans?" I don't even have to go to another post to find evidence of your fanboyism.

To give you some evidence that I'm beyond your console squabbles...I considered voting for Assassin's Creed before I noticed Crysis on the list, and were it not for the fact that Twilight Princess came out last year it probably would have got my vote.

Before you post something else make sure you're comprehending the entire thing. Because I'd prefer to not explain the same things to you over and over again.

If anyone has comprehendingproblems its you. You still have not given good reasons why it deserves the best game of the year. All you said was that you liked this shooter and you dont usually like shooters. If you think I am trying to convince someone like you to vote for something I am not, I am just saying why SMG made much more of an impact than a really nice looking shooter. You STILL cannot give a reason so I dont know why you continue to post when this case is closed. I could say WarioWare should have won because I dont like party games but I really liked WarioWare. Your logic is pathetic and your not specific on what makes the game above and beyond.

I said Wii fans were should vote for smg because you literally buy Wii for games like SMG, just as PC fans are PC fans because of games like Crysis. Thats why I said unite, it doesnt mean you have to.

i really dont care what you call me because you cant even give real reasons why a game should be given such a big honor. Most likely you have draw to characters that are portrayed as badass.

BTW if LoZ: TP was going to be in the nomination this year I would not vote for it. It was an awsome game but it did not do much to differentiate itself from OoT just like Crysis does literally nothing to diffeentiate itself fromthe hundreds of shoters that have come before it.

Keep blowing your little horn because your not making alot of noise. You still cant defend or give reasons why the game should be GOTY and all you do is call me a fanboy. I rest my case.

TopBossUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TopBossUltra
[QUOTE="TopBossUltra"][QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="TopBossUltra"][QUOTE="Cyber-"]

Cyber-

If anyone has comprehendingproblems its you. You still have not given good reasons why it deserves the best game of the year. All you said was that you liked this shooter and you dont usually like shooters. If you think I am trying to convince someone like you to vote for something I am not, I am just saying why SMG made much more of an impact than a really nice looking shooter. You STILL cannot give a reason so I dont know why you continue to post when this case is closed. I could say WarioWare should have won because I dont like party games but I really liked WarioWare. Your logic is pathetic and your not specific on what makes the game above and beyond.

I said Wii fans were should vote for smg because you literally buy Wii for games like SMG, just as PC fans are PC fans because of games like Crysis. Thats why I said unite, it doesnt mean you have to.

i really dont care what you call me because you cant even give real reasons why a game should be given such a big honor. Most likely you have draw to characters that are portrayed as badass.

BTW if LoZ: TP was going to be in the nomination this year I would not vote for it. It was an awsome game but it did not do much to differentiate itself from OoT just like Crysis does literally nothing to diffeentiate itself fromthe hundreds of shoters that have come before it.

Keep blowing your little horn because your not making alot of noise. You still cant defend or give reasons why the game should be GOTY and all you do is call me a fanboy. I rest my case.

Maybe you think GotY means most innovative? We aren't talking about which game "added" the most to anything...we're talking about which game was the most fun. Sure SMG was innovative, but it really wasn't fun for long, so who cares how "fresh" it is. The only thing that matters about a game is whether you had fun playing it or not. The ONLY thing that REALLY matters. It doesn't make any difference what it is that makes Crysis stand out from other shooters other than the fact that people enjoy playing it more than others shooters. It's part of that thing that Nintendo has been trying to market with their console: great gameplay. Crysis had fun missions, fun challenges, fun shoot outs, etc. It was even fun to just goof off using the super strength and knock down as many buildings as you could. There were many different ways to go about doing a lot of the missions. You could do it whichever way you thought was the most FUN. I'm not drawn to characters with attitude; I'm drawn to FUN. It's what all gamers have (should have?) in common. They all like to play games that are FUN to them.

Not to mention the missions in Crysis were epic. If you've played it all then perhaps you recall those missions where you have to do something that seems impressive for one man to do (ex. the ones where you blow up the AAAs with the C4), and when you complete the missions you feel like you've accomplished something huge.

SMG was pretty much a dissapointment. For thirty stars or so it's enjoyable, and has these delightfully creative levels. After that it's just same old same old. The game quickly runs out of gas as you run through levels that seem like minor sequals to the ones you've already done. I'll say it again: It doesn't matter how revolutionary a game is if the game isn't that enjoyable. Sure, many people (including the reviewers) have disagreed with the fact that the gameplay gets old...let them vote for it if that's what they think. It seems to me that more people have found Crysis to be the more enjoyable game, and don't give us any of that "Wii fans aren't voting" crap...there's no way for you to know who's voting. Perhaps these "Wii fans" are actually gamers, instead of fanboys, and they are out there voting for games they enjoyed more than SMG.

Ungdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ungdi
Member since 2007 • 159 Posts
CRYSIS??? I WISH MY PC HAD HALF THE REQUIREMENTS TO PLAY THAT GAME! by the way, i got starcraft 2 on preorder!
Ungdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ungdi
Member since 2007 • 159 Posts
starcraft 2 should be GOTY.
micallef23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 micallef23
Member since 2005 • 520 Posts

teh fpsers r made of leetness they hav de pew pew gun n ther r diffrence

halo = shoot an alien

cod 4 = shoot a ummm a man

mario fps fhtmwdb ftw*

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

that two 5 hour online shooters who haven't reinvented themselves since they originally came out are leading mario galaxy in the prelims. SMG is a masterpiece of design in a good game. but in this era of shooters flooding the market for the trigger happy frat boy i guess it shouldn't surprise me. on another note, USB keyboards work on Wii right? even the USB logitech keyboard made for PS3 right. i might get one at my store for 25% off.darth-pyschosis

The irony is that this is your sig.

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 name: BadKvnRl message me if you want to play.

LMAO.

GlitchRocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GlitchRocks
Member since 2007 • 310 Posts

Optusnet

Did i hear Metal Arms? I think i did

mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts

that two 5 hour online shooters who haven't reinvented themselves since they originally came out are leading mario galaxy in the prelims. SMG is a masterpiece of design in a good game. but in this era of shooters flooding the market for the trigger happy frat boy i guess it shouldn't surprise me. on another note, USB keyboards work on Wii right? even the USB logitech keyboard made for PS3 right. i might get one at my store for 25% off.darth-pyschosis

well, youre only half right. yeah, mario galaxy reinvented itself. so did cod4. not only did it refresh the series, but it took it in a whole new direction with the jump to modern times. on top of that, it made many improvements to the shooter genre. yeah, there are a lot of shooters but theyre constantly improving.

that being said, if any shooter doesnt deserve to be considered its halo3

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

To Cyber:

Halo 3 sold more games in a week than any other game, and is currently the 360's best-selling game. But, even with all of the Halo fanboys, it isn't winning in the polls either. Didn't you think that maybe, just maybe, the leading games (in the poll) are up there because more people like them? I mean, if the Halo fanboys, who rule the 360 forums, can't muster up enough votes for the game to win, them perhaps it just shows how great CoD4, Bioshock or Crysis really are. Maybe some people who own a 360 and a Wii prefer any of those games over Galaxy. It might be nonsense to you, but not to them.

I'm sure everyone in the Wii forums has already voted anyway, what do you want us to do? Besides, it's the preliminaries, it's not like this makes any difference. The top 5 or 6 games will probably make it into the final, so it's not like it won't be there as an option.

Yes, Galaxy reinvents the genre, and yes, it's great. But not everybody thinks that, and you giving your personal opinion won't change that.

I voted for Galaxy, but it was only my opinion. I don't expect others to vote the way that I want them to. That's what an opinion is all about.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="TopBossUltra"][QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="TopBossUltra"][QUOTE="Cyber-"]

TopBossUltra

Maybe you think GotY means most innovative? We aren't talking about which game "added" the most to anything...we're talking about which game was the most fun. Sure SMG was innovative, but it really wasn't fun for long, so who cares how "fresh" it is. The only thing that matters about a game is whether you had fun playing it or not. The ONLY thing that REALLY matters. It doesn't make any difference what it is that makes Crysis stand out from other shooters other than the fact that people enjoy playing it more than others shooters. It's part of that thing that Nintendo has been trying to market with their console: great gameplay. Crysis had fun missions, fun challenges, fun shoot outs, etc. It was even fun to just goof off using the super strength and knock down as many buildings as you could. There were many different ways to go about doing a lot of the missions. You could do it whichever way you thought was the most FUN. I'm not drawn to characters with attitude; I'm drawn to FUN. It's what all gamers have (should have?) in common. They all like to play games that are FUN to them.

Not to mention the missions in Crysis were epic. If you've played it all then perhaps you recall those missions where you have to do something that seems impressive for one man to do (ex. the ones where you blow up the AAAs with the C4), and when you complete the missions you feel like you've accomplished something huge.

SMG was pretty much a dissapointment. For thirty stars or so it's enjoyable, and has these delightfully creative levels. After that it's just same old same old. The game quickly runs out of gas as you run through levels that seem like minor sequals to the ones you've already done. I'll say it again: It doesn't matter how revolutionary a game is if the game isn't that enjoyable. Sure, many people (including the reviewers) have disagreed with the fact that the gameplay gets old...let them vote for it if that's what they think. It seems to me that more people have found Crysis to be the more enjoyable game, and don't give us any of that "Wii fans aren't voting" crap...there's no way for you to know who's voting. Perhaps these "Wii fans" are actually gamers, instead of fanboys, and they are out there voting for games they enjoyed more than SMG.

Wow you really dont understand what a good game is, what it takes to make a good game, and the difference between your petty little preferences and what the industry as a whole sees in a game.

By your logic Mario Party 8 could be GOTY because its actually pure "FUN" and completely repetitive and lacks any innovation. By this alone your arguement fails.

You know a gamecannotbe innovative and revolutionary if its not good. Part of the process in making a new experience that really "wows" you and improving upon the fundamentals of video games is that it is fun. I know that all you have is a sunjective view on this matter because you know you will lose if we went by what the industry saw of these two games. SMG scores better and sells better and thers obivously a reason for this.

You still cant tell me what techniques and new methods are implemented in it to merit it with being ahead of other shooters that have come out this year. I suggest you stopo talking about a game if you cannot site some examples of why its so awsome. Crysis is a great game, dont get me wrong, but it does not special. Fun shoot outs, C4, and fun challenges are seen on many other games. The fact remaisn this game is being looked at so kindly because of its graphics, nothing more nothing less. I dont really care what it haspersonally done for you, I know there are games that I really love but I dont explain why they are great by simply saying they are fun and cool to me.

SMG was not a dissappointment. Stop bringing this to a personal level. Maybe you didnt like it but it is a good game and does alot more to make a unique and fun experience than Crysis. I could oversimplify Crysis like you unlawfully did to SMG but Im not gonna sink to your level. Perhaps Crysis is winning because people on this site put more emphasis on the visuals than EVRYTHING else in a game. If Crysis was not such a visual stunner it would not be anything special, its the bottom line.

I am not telling anyone to vote against their opinion so please just give it up. Stop posting if you are just gonna say a game should be GOTY because its really fun and you can shoot stuff. Being fun is a given every game that is being considered GOTY has a huge fun factor.Next time post something worth reading.

catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts
This thread should be locked.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

This thread has gone deep into system wars territory since you're comparing games from different consoles. I usually don't like cutting off conversation, but this debate has been going in circles for a few posts now. If you'd like to continue your discussion, feel free to do it via PM.

I'll just remind you guys to trim your quote chains in the future; there's no need to quote so much that everyone has to scroll way down the page to get to new material.