Could the new Zelda...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

Be on a new console like a Wii HD or something completly new. Persinally I believe that the new console will be somewhere in the middle. Zelda Wii is not coming out next year and new console rumors say Q3 2010 or 2011 so the new zelda could very well skip right over the wii.I'd be chill with this what you guys think? would you be chill with that

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

Until more reliable information is available, I'm going with Zelda on the Wii, not the next console.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

A Wii HD in the middle of this generation would be a terrible mistake. Leaving their second most successful console (and it's about to reach the NES and become their #1 console) with ONE Zelda game that is actually a straight port from their least successful console would be the most idiotic move in the history of video games.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

No chance at all

The Wii not even getting one Zelda?

Nah, the Wii will get it's one Zelda and then it'll go elsewhere until the next gen because that franchise just isn't strong enough to pull in buyers compared to what else they have

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts
Don't take the bait, guys. Resist it! Resist the urge to quote! Anyway, to answer the TC, it's certainly *possible* but I don't think it's probable.
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I honestly have no idea what Nintendo is going to do when it comes to Wii HD

All I'm willing to bet is that Zelda is in at least the Prototype/Alpha stages....

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
it'll be on the wii, and the current estimated date is too soon for them to hold it back for the next generation. besides, iwata blames the lack of quality software for the poor recent sales, so they wanna drop as many good games as possible, as soon as possible.
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 danger_ranger95

it'll be on the wii, and the current estimated date is too soon for them to hold it back for the next generation. besides, iwata blames the lack of quality software for the poor recent sales, so they wanna drop as many good games as possible, as soon as possible.BrunoBRS

indeed, that's the reason...

Makes me wonder what they'll launch Wii HD with (software wise) though

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]it'll be on the wii, and the current estimated date is too soon for them to hold it back for the next generation. besides, iwata blames the lack of quality software for the poor recent sales, so they wanna drop as many good games as possible, as soon as possible.danger_ranger95

super WEEGEE galaxy! :P they'll have plenty of time. besides, they confirmed that they'll hold both the next starfox and the next F-zero for the next gen, so they can be release titles :D
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 danger_ranger95

[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]it'll be on the wii, and the current estimated date is too soon for them to hold it back for the next generation. besides, iwata blames the lack of quality software for the poor recent sales, so they wanna drop as many good games as possible, as soon as possible.BrunoBRS

super WEEGEE galaxy! :P they'll have plenty of time. besides, they confirmed that they'll hold both the next starfox and the next F-zero for the next gen, so they can be release titles :D

when in the heck was that confirmed? I admit, both would be great to be viewed in HD (drools), but I don't remember ever hearing that

It's going to be crazy to seeNintendo games in HD though. I have a funny feeling that only "some" of their games will utilize HD next time around. Metroid, Zelda, and Mario.

I feel that most of their other games won't even try, because they cater to everyone... not graphics cravers. Wouldn't surprise me at all

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

danger_ranger95

when in the heck was that confirmed? I admit, both would be great to be viewed in HD (drools), but I don't remember ever hearing that

It's going to be crazy to seeNintendo games in HD though. I have a funny feeling that only "some" of their games will utilize HD next time around. Metroid, Zelda, and Mario.

I feel that most of their other games won't even try, because they cater to everyone... not graphics cravers. Wouldn't surprise me at all

the voices in my head told me! they said they heard from a very reliable source from the inside! the same that gave me the wii2 specs before giving it to that site! :D

lol honestly, i was just trying to see the reaction from those "ME WANTZ STARFOX/FZEROW NAO" people when they heard the games wouldnt be on this gen :P

sherlock99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#12 sherlock99
Member since 2005 • 1600 Posts

the wii is the best selling console in history why would nintendo kill off the wii for a wii hd system so early

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Don't take the bait, guys. Resist it! Resist the urge to quote! Anyway, to answer the TC, it's certainly *possible* but I don't think it's probable.clicketyclick
lol seriously, I never seen someone try so hard. Anyway the whole Wii HD thing is a bunch of nonsense, the next Zelda may actually come out next year, Galaxy and Other M could be released in the first half of the year, with Zelda bring up the rear. Miyamoto did say at the E3 that Galaxy 2 was nearly done and that Zelda could be ready "by next year" was his words. Whether he meant ready to be shown or ready to be released is unclear. I don't even see another Twilight Princess situation happening, the next Zelda will be a Wii exclusive.
DeeDeeDee-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 DeeDeeDee-er
Member since 2006 • 1067 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]it'll be on the wii, and the current estimated date is too soon for them to hold it back for the next generation. besides, iwata blames the lack of quality software for the poor recent sales, so they wanna drop as many good games as possible, as soon as possible.BrunoBRS

super WEEGEE galaxy! :P

I would so buy.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#15 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

No way. The Wii has yet to get a Zelda game - Twilight Princess was a Gamecube port - so it will definitely come out for the system.

accesdenied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 accesdenied
Member since 2008 • 485 Posts

All I'm willing to bet is that Zelda is in at least the Prototype/Alpha stages....

danger_ranger95

prototype alpha stages are you serious? the wii has been out for how long now? zelda will make it to the wii and that will be the end for the wii and then you can expect nintendo next big thing.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

DeeDeeDee-er

super WEEGEE galaxy! :P

I would so buy.

even though you know it exists for the wii already? :P well, at least that's what luigi screams after you get 120 stars and watch the credits again :P

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Cruse34

but everybody always says that a new console is coming by the end of 2011. And Miyamoto at E3 said it wouldn't come out till 2011 so...

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BrunoBRS

but everybody always says that a new console is coming by the end of 2011. And Miyamoto at E3 said it wouldn't come out till 2011 so...

Cruse34
... what? only things about a wii in 2010/11 are the pointless, completely inaccurate previsions done by michael pachter and that rumor that was proven fake in thousands of different ways.
Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts
[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

BrunoBRS
... what? only things about a wii in 2010/11 are the pointless, completely inaccurate previsions done by michael pachter and that rumor that was proven fake in thousands of different ways.

Thank you. Make a thread saying this and lets work to get it stickied. I'm about tired of all this Wii 2/HD nonsense. Its all just speculation that people are getting way too excited about.
L_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 L_17
Member since 2009 • 310 Posts

Chances are it will come out for the wii, I can't really see them waiting to release it for the next gen.

Getix-01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#22 Getix-01
Member since 2007 • 454 Posts

I demand a zelda on the wii not some cheap gamecube port

sensfan02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sensfan02
Member since 2009 • 401 Posts

I would not be surprise if Nintendo decided to go down this road because they did it for TP.

Avatar image for randomwiiplayer
randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 randomwiiplayer
Member since 2009 • 1804 Posts

the wii is the best selling console in history

sherlock99

Y HELO THAR

DeeDeeDee-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 DeeDeeDee-er
Member since 2006 • 1067 Posts

[QUOTE="sherlock99"]

randomwiiplayer

Y HELO THAR

Hahahaha the way it's going the Wii could overtake it. COULD.

solid_shark88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#26 solid_shark88
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

A Wii HD in the middle of this generation would be a terrible mistake. Leaving their second most successful console (and it's about to reach the NES and become their #1 console) with ONE Zelda game that is actually a straight port from their least successful console would be the most idiotic move in the history of video games.

LordQuorthon

ahem mr smart guy but TP was ported from wii to gamecube, check the release dates, TP Wii came out in NOVEMBER 2006, TP Gamecube came out in DECEMBER 2006. This was done because Wii was oversold.

Avatar image for randomwiiplayer
randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 randomwiiplayer
Member since 2009 • 1804 Posts

[QUOTE="randomwiiplayer"]

[QUOTE="sherlock99"]

DeeDeeDee-er

Y HELO THAR

Hahahaha the way it's going the Wii could overtake it. COULD.

Well the sales are declining, so maybe not. It isn't impossible, but it is unlikely.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

[QUOTE="LordQuorthon"]

solid_shark88

ahem mr smart guy but TP was ported from wii to gamecube, check the release dates, TP Wii came out in NOVEMBER 2006, TP Gamecube came out in DECEMBER 2006. This was done because Wii was oversold.

They artificially delayed the release date of the GC version. It was originally set to release before the Wii launched, but they didn't want the GC game sales to undercut the Wii game sales -- or even sales of the Wii itself -- so they delayed the GC game's release date. Development of the game started on the GC. They merely flipped the entire game world (look at how link is right-handed in the Wii version and the entire world is the mirror image of the GC version) for the Wii release after completing the game.
LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

solid_shark88

Damn...

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts
Holiday 2010 sounds realistic. Wii will get it's own Zelda.
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 danger_ranger95

accesdenied

prototype alpha stages are you serious? the wii has been out for how long now? zelda will make it to the wii and that will be the end for the wii and then you can expect nintendo next big thing.

Do you have any idea what the stages of developement are? I never said Zelda wouldn't make it to the Wii....

I said it has to be in the Prototype/Alpha stages, possibly even early Beta. The Alpha/Beta stages are mostly just taking care of glitches/bugs... so in other words, "it's almost done." It'll be released on the Wii for sure

Sorry to bust your bubble

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cruse34

Holiday 2010 sounds realistic. Wii will get it's own Zelda.umcommon

it would if Miyamoto hadn't said 2011 at E3

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

[QUOTE="umcommon"]Holiday 2010 sounds realistic. Wii will get it's own Zelda.Cruse34

it would if Miyamoto hadn't said 2011 at E3

lol he said no such thing, he actually said it could be ready by 2010 but did not clearify what he meant by "ready" outside of that he said nothing.
mightychir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#34 mightychir
Member since 2008 • 11673 Posts
[QUOTE="LordQuorthon"]

[QUOTE="solid_shark88"]

Damn...

Why would they port a current gen game to a last gen console? xD TP was a port from the GC :P
chikinlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 chikinlad
Member since 2008 • 1167 Posts

i would not be chill with that

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="accesdenied"]

danger_ranger95

Do you have any idea what the stages of developement are? I never said Zelda wouldn't make it to the Wii....

I said it has to be in the Prototype/Alpha stages, possibly even early Beta. The Alpha/Beta stages are mostly just taking care of glitches/bugs... so in other words, "it's almost done." It'll be released on the Wii for sure

Sorry to bust your bubble

i thought alpha was "checking unfinished parts" while beta was "checking the finished game for bugs and glitches, improving some stuff missing, doing the final touches" :?
maverick_41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#37 maverick_41
Member since 2007 • 1195 Posts

The graphics will be just fine on the Wii. I just hope this game has a good story, gameplay, and motionplus support.

Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#38 Wrecked69
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts
They cant leave Wii without its own Zelda game, it will be Wii for sure.