Consumer Reports claim Wii is not a system for serious gamers

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tominator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tominator1
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts

Link

I'm tired of this kind of bologna. Before that statment they say in the video that it is primarilly a system for families and kids. Exactly what are they basing this on? To be sure the wii is more accessable to audiences than most other consoles past and present, but how does that make the system "not for a serious gamer?"

Viedo games are probably my main form of recreation and the wii is my favorite colsole that I had. The wii is full of titles to my liking, mario (NSMBW has been fairly difficult and I would not ****fy it as a "kiddy" game), pikmin (yes it is a GC game but I like the NPC), smash bros, trauma center, and LKS (not a kiddy game when you consider the dialogue and the fact that you are a polygimous king) just to name afew. I like unique playing expierences, not a regurgitation of the same old game with new sprites, as some other gamers seem to prefer.

I don't know, maybe I'm just a "casual gamer" who playes alot, but these kind of comments upset me, especially when it comes from a somewhat authoritative source like consumer reports; it would be like CNN coming out and saying "the wii is for kids"

Edit:

While it is likeley that I am too late, and this topic is well on it's way to it's eventual death, it has come to my attention that I did not mention that the statment I mentioned is actually in the video on that page, not in the text. GabuEx has kindly provided a transcript of the video on page 3 if you wish ito read it.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

1. Yes, the whole point of the Wii was to have a system that was focused on the young and new gamers, that's what Nintendo has always done

2. That's not an insult, it's a company line that has proved very successful for Nintendo for over 2 decades

3. If you'd like to talk about the other consoles (which you've already done here) take it to System Wars please

Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3 Theguy56
Member since 2003 • 1379 Posts

Winning points

The HD graphics are great. Exclusive games, particularly the Halo outer-space shooter series, have attracted hard-core gamers to the Xbox 360.

Can't stop laughing at the Halo part.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#4 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts
Are they ****ing serious? I am a serious gamer myself, and I own a Wii. What a joke!
Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Theguy56

Are they ****ing serious? I am a serious gamer myself, and I own a Wii. What a joke!nintendoboy16

Hey! You can't yourself a Hardcore gamer if you don't have Halo :x

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
this is why i hate this gen of systems so much bull out of gamers with the wii not being a real system for gamers or hardcore gamers, and yet in system wars its the 360 players that act like babies in system wars or on news
neildneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 neildneil
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts

Just because it can appeal to everyone doesn't mean it can't appeal to gamers. Gamers feel threatened by the Wii. The so called "hardcore" gamer wants to say that he has nothing to do with the Wii because it harms his individuality as a gamer. If he plays Wii, which is appealing to males and females of all ages, he no longer is part of a more exclusive group that is PS360 owners.

Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Theguy56
this is why i hate this gen of systems so much bull out of gamers with the wii not being a real system for gamers or hardcore gamers, and yet in system wars its the 360 players that act like babies in system wars or on newselbert_b_23
It happens everywhere. That's the bandwadgon effect.
Boomarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Boomarley
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

What is a serious gamer anyway? All I know is that I sure wouldn't want to be one of those. Games are supposed to be fun. If I want to be serious about something, there's a bunch of other things worth being serious about.

tominator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tominator1

1. Yes, the whole point of the Wii was to have a system that was focused on the young and new gamers, that's what Nintendo has always done

2. That's not an insult, it's a company line that has proved very successful for Nintendo for over 2 decades

3. If you'd like to talk about the other consoles (which you've already done here) take it to System Wars please

Jaysonguy

1. I doubt that the whole point of the wii was to attract new and young gamers, I'm sure that somewhere in there Nintendo intended to keep the players that they have already attracted. I was under the impression that the wii was a system that focused more on new gameplay, though the interface is more intuitive so it is more condusive to new gamers.

2. I think that in essence saying "If you are serious about playing videogames than don't waste your time with the wii" to be an insult to the console.

3. I was only taking about the 360 and PS3 and the library they have as a response to their comment; why I as a self proclaimed "serious gamer" do not particularily care for them, the point was not to compare consoles but to form a rebuttal to their statment. But for you I will edit out the lines mentioning them.

4. From your response I seem to get the impression that you do not particularily like my topic, if this is the case than please feel free to ignore it instead of coming on to post a list of why it is stupid.

tominator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tominator1

What is a serious gamer anyway? All I know is that I sure wouldn't want to be one of those. Games are supposed to be fun. If I want to be serious about something, there's a bunch of other things worth being serious about.

Boomarley

lol, true enough, I play games to relax, not to be all serious and uptight.

Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Theguy56

[QUOTE="Boomarley"]

tominator1

lol, true enough, I play games to relax, not to be all serious and uptight.

But you're serious in having fun ;)
primitive013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 primitive013
Member since 2003 • 1422 Posts
it is if you are serious about retro or indie gaming. i play more VC and wiiWare games than anything else
darkghost75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darkghost75
Member since 2007 • 1584 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Are they ****ing serious? I am a serious gamer myself, and I own a Wii. What a joke!Theguy56

i had halo 3 and i traded it in cause i didn't like it. but i still think the wii has the worst games of the three systems.

Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Theguy56

[QUOTE="Theguy56"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Are they ****ing serious? I am a serious gamer myself, and I own a Wii. What a joke!darkghost75

i had halo 3 and i traded it in cause i didn't like it. but i still think the wii has the worst games of the three systems.

I seriously dislike Halo but I think the Wii is my favourite of all the systems because it doesn't cater to just shooter fans.
darkghost75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 darkghost75
Member since 2007 • 1584 Posts
[QUOTE="Theguy56"][QUOTE="darkghost75"]

[QUOTE="Theguy56"]

I seriously dislike Halo but I think the Wii is my favourite of all the systems because it doesn't cater to just shooter fans.

what games are your favorite for the wii?
Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Theguy56

[QUOTE="Theguy56"][QUOTE="darkghost75"] i had halo 3 and i traded it in cause i didn't like it. but i still think the wii has the worst games of the three systems.

darkghost75

what games are your favorite for the wii?

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Metroid Prime Trilogy
The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess
Punch-Out!! Wii
Okami
No more Heroes
New Super Mario Bros Wii

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

Nintendo disrupts the industry, the industry reacts.

You guys have to start dealing with it: Third parties (Western ones in particular), analysts and journalists are not happy with disruption. They will never stop attacking Nintendo.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

They are probably talking about how the hardware sells like mad but other than Mario and the "wii" titles, nothing really sells super great. Little Kings Story, Trauma Center, Madworld, the Conduit, Batallion Wars, Mario Strikers, Warioland Shake it, Zack and Wiki, Okami, Guilty Gear XX accent core, Bully , Tales of Symphonia andall performed horribly in sales.While Metroid Prime did sell a good million and over, considering that Metroidhas been one of Nintendo's biggest games, those were rather average sales.

When Nintendo cancels 3 "core" games, it kind of says something about the market. It'sbeen over3 years since the Wii has been out and most of the games for "hardcore" have sold poor to average. The only games that sold well were a port of Resident Evil 4, and Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles.Just because the 30 people here on this forum bought X game, that does not mean much when looking at theoverall demographic. Nintendo pretty much no longer cares about the veteran players that bought NES, SNES, N64, and GC. The Virtual Consolestill doesn't have crap for N64.Other VC systems are barely getting support. What about the rest of the Mega Man games on the NES, what about Mega Man X? What aboutPocky and Rocky? Granted those aren't Nintendo made games, but Nintendo should get those put on the VC.

I would say 2010will bethe year tosee ifverteran games sell on the system other than the ones we know Japan is going to buy.The Wii has Red Steel 2, NoMore Heroes 2, Metroid other M, Mario Galaxy 2, Dragon Quest X and Tales ofGraces along with Sin and Punishment 2. That is pretty good. Obvioulsy Galaxy 2will sell like mad, but were going to find out if Red Steelfranchise only sold because it was one of the only cool games out at launch or whether people actually had interest in playing it. Will No More Heroes 2 have abigger impact than the first? Tales sells great in Japan, but moderate in the west.

Ifthese games sell low, will this mean the end of veteran games for Wii?

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts
Another reason for me to hate consumer reports.
Michael-Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Michael-Smith
Member since 2009 • 909 Posts
I guess I'm not a serious gamer then. And here I thought 15-25 hours a week of gaming, with an additional 10-15 hours a week spent on gaming related activities (forums, news, etc), was approaching hardcore status. I guess I'm just getting old... lol.
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble finding that "Wii is not for serious gamers" part in the link? :? Futhermore, that report has a few errors in regards to the Wii. From the actually supply of the system (which may not have been an error at the time, but they certain made the wrong prediction by thinking the Wii was going to be an easy buy this holiday season) to the price drop (the Wii didn't drop $100 where I live), I can't say I have reason to take that link "seriously" in an manner.

Besides, I don't play video games to be serious; I play video games to have fun, and the Wii has definitely provided that. :P

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble finding that "Wii is not for serious gamers" part in the link?

Madmangamer364

It doesn't say it anywhere, that's why it's missing

I'm glad someone besides me read the page

Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Theguy56

Nah I read it but still find the Halo part funny.

tominator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tominator1

[QUOTE="Madmangamer364"]

Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble finding that "Wii is not for serious gamers" part in the link?

Jaysonguy

Yes I suppose I should have explained that better, it is in the video on that page, not in the text, namely at 1:10

"The wii is primarily a fun system for families and kids, not the serious gamer"

This is a fiarly new video, as new supe mario bros wii is featured.

gulfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gulfo
Member since 2009 • 435 Posts

[QUOTE="Madmangamer364"]

Jaysonguy

It's said in the video.

Well I guess that guy "Paul Eng" is a "serious" gamer and that's why he is overweighted

Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Theguy56

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Madmangamer364"]

gulfo

It's said in the video.

Well I guess that guy "Paul Eng" is a "serious" gamer and that's why he is overweighted

LOL good one.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#28 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

"The wii is primarily a fun system for families and kids, not the serious gamer"

From what I have heard from most gamers with multiple consoles, with the Wii's top selling games, the highest selling Wii games, and popular high quality Wii games being released, I would say that that statement is likely true. Most Wii's are likely used primarily for family, younger kids, and people new to gaming. With the amount of Wiis and casual games sold and the small amount of good core game sales (Madworld, Deadspace Extracton, No More Heroes, etc) it is very likely that most are mainly used by casual gamers. Primarily doesn't mean always

And as Jason has said, Nintendo meant to target the casual audience. Yes, there is some thought given to the core gamers but Nintendo targeted casual fans and that seems to be the audience that is enjoying the Wii the most.

Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Theguy56

"The wii is primarily a fun system for families and kids, not the serious gamer"Legolas_Katarn

From what I have heard from most gamers with multiple consoles, with the Wii's top selling games, the highest selling Wii games, and popular high quality Wii games being released, I would say that that statement is likely true. Most Wii's are likely used primarily for family, younger kids, and people new to gaming. With the amount of Wiis and casual games sold and the small amount of good core game sales (Madworld, Deadspace Extracton, No More Heroes, etc) it is very likely that most are mainly used by casual gamers.

Or the games are of poor quality compared to the other systems' third party.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Legolas_Katarn
[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]

"The wii is primarily a fun system for families and kids, not the serious gamer"Theguy56

From what I have heard from most gamers with multiple consoles, with the Wii's top selling games, the highest selling Wii games, and popular high quality Wii games being released, I would say that that statement is likely true. Most Wii's are likely used primarily for family, younger kids, and people new to gaming. With the amount of Wiis and casual games sold and the small amount of good core game sales (Madworld, Deadspace Extracton, No More Heroes, etc) it is very likely that most are mainly used by casual gamers.

Not really. I wasn't a big fan of No More Heroes but I know a lot of people that own all systems who had it as there GOTY and I loved Deadspace Extraction, Fire Emblem 10, and Trauma Center. But I don't see what poor third party games has to do with anything anyway. If the Wii was really only getting poor third party games that would just further prove mine, Jasons, and that links point about the Wii mostly being used by casual gamers.
Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Theguy56
[QUOTE="Theguy56"][QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]

"The wii is primarily a fun system for families and kids, not the serious gamer"Legolas_Katarn

Not really. I wasn't a big fan of No More Heroes but I know a lot of people that own all systems who had it as there GOTY and I loved Deadspace Extraction, Fire Emblem 10, and Trauma Center. But I don't see what poor third party games has to do with anything anyway. If the Wii was really only getting poor third party games that would just further prove mine, Jasons, and that links point about the Wii mostly being used by casual gamers.

Casual gamers are the majority of every system, just like the people who just play Madden every year.
Michael-Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Michael-Smith

[QUOTE="Madmangamer364"]

Jaysonguy

Double Facepalm

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Legolas_Katarn
[QUOTE="Theguy56"][QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"][QUOTE="Theguy56"] Or the games are of poor quality compared to the other systems' third party.

Casual gamers are the majority of every system, just like the people who just play Madden every year.

Yes. So that would make the link correct then.
tominator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tominator1

From what I have heard from most gamers with multiple consoles, with the Wii's top selling games, the highest selling Wii games, and popular high quality Wii games being released, I would say that that statement is likely true. Most Wii's are likely used primarily for family, younger kids, and people new to gaming. With the amount of Wiis and casual games sold and the small amount of good core game sales (Madworld, Deadspace Extracton, No More Heroes, etc) it is very likely that most are mainly used by casual gamers. Primarily doesn't mean always

And as Jason has said, Nintendo meant to target the casual audience. Yes, there is some thought given to the core gamers but Nintendo targeted casual fans and that seems to be the audience that is enjoying the Wii the most.

Legolas_Katarn

While I can agree that most likely casual gamers, "families and kids," are the main wii buyers I disagree with the statment that the wii "is not for the serious gamer." If I were to draw an analogy, let's consider amusement parks, and the extreme family friendly amusement park: Disney World. The main patrons of such placed are indeed young families with children; but is that to say that adults, the "mature audience," cannot have a good time at Disney world, going on the rides and seeing some of the attractions? A friend of mine in his 30s is traveling about 900 miles to go there because he enjoys it. So likewise, whiel the wii may sell mostly to casuals that does not necessairly prevent "serious gamers" from also enjoying the console. Perhaps I am not a "core gamer" but the games that you listed (Madworld, Deadspace Extracton, No More Heroes) are not really ones to my liking, with some exceptions I personally do not like shooters and slashem'ups, no offense to those that do. I guess what question I have is what makes a game "core" a M rateing? I grew up with the SNES and still enjoy playing mario games, they all have an E rateing but some are extreemly even insanely difficult, not for kids, is that not core?

Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Theguy56
[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"][QUOTE="Theguy56"][QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"] Not really. I wasn't a big fan of No More Heroes but I know a lot of people that own all systems who had it as there GOTY and I loved Deadspace Extraction, Fire Emblem 10, and Trauma Center. But I don't see what poor third party games has to do with anything anyway. If the Wii was really only getting poor third party games that would just further prove mine, Jasons, and that links point about the Wii mostly being used by casual gamers.

Yes. So that would make the link correct then.

The link only mentions casual gamers with the Wii though that's the problem. In fact I bet the percentage of "hardcore" to "casual" gamers is the same on every system.
gulfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gulfo

[ With the amount of Wiis and casual games sold and the small amount of good core game sales (Madworld, Deadspace Extracton, No More Heroes, etc) it is very likely that most are mainly used by casual gamers.Legolas_Katarn

but none of those games are truly masterpieces nor console sellers, I own NMH and DS:E and they are just average games IMO, 3rd parties have to offer more quality games and that's not Nintendo nor Wii owners fault.

I have a relative that owns a PS3 but doesn't own any single AAA "core"game that Sony fans are proud of, so casuals are in every console, the difference is that the Wii is more appealing to them, but that doesn't make it a not"serious" gamers console.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Madmangamer364"]

Michael-Smith

Double Facepalm

LOL, I didn't see a video (probably because NoScript was blocking it), so there was really no way I could tell if a comment like that existed if I didn't actually see text of it. Since the TC didn't mention a video in the original post, I didn't bother looking for one or allowing NoScript to load the whole page. :P

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I find it funny when people consider themselves hardcore if they play games like Halo. If anything, I'd say games like that cater to the casual gamer.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

This gen you probably need 2 consoles to be a serous gamer, because of the differentness of the consoles. The wii is my favorite

Ganados0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 Ganados0
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts

I find it funny when people consider themselves hardcore if they play games like Halo. If anything, I'd say games like that cater to the casual gamer.

trugs26

It used to be exactly that waystarting with the PSone gamers slammed that console for short and easy games which were centred on visuals andthe culprits wereFinal Fantasy 7, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil and then there was a whole lot of shovelware like Spiceworld now Wii's labeled a casual console and games like New Super Mario Bros are dismissed as casual.

mrfokken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mrfokken
Member since 2009 • 642 Posts

Link

I don't know, maybe I'm just a "casual gamer" who playes alot, but these kind of comments upset me, especially when it comes from a somewhat authoritative source like consumer reports; it would be like CNN coming out and saying "the wii is for kids"

tominator1

I understand your being upset, however, in my experience, Consumer Reports rarlely gets things right, and I wouldn't get my gaming news from CNN. On the other hand, It upsets me that the majority of Wii owners don't purchase the hardcore games. I happen to think Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, and Silent Hill Shattered Memoris are great games, but titles like Wii fit and Wii Play far outsell them. The perception from many people is that Wii customers do not, in general, buy hardcore games.

Think of it this way, according to VgChartz.com, 28.8% of X-Box owners bought Halo3 and 24.3% bought Call of Duty MW2. The highest selling "casual" game for the 360 is probably LEGO Indiana Jones with 9.4% of X-Box owners buying it. Meanwhile, only 14% of Wii owners bought Super Smash Brothers, 12.9% bought Super Mario Galaxy, and only 8.3% bought Zelda Twilight Princess. More casual games like Wii Play are owned by 40.5% of Wii owners and 34.5% own Wii Fit.

Thus, it is easy for people to assume that the Wii system is for "casual" gamers even when good "hard core" games are available for the system.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#43 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

and this is why we're getting Tatsunoko vs Capcom, No More Heroes 2, and Red Steel 2.

gulfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gulfo

Think of it this way, according to VgChartz.com, 28.8% of X-Box owners bought Halo3, 22.6% bought Halo2, and 24.3% bought Call of Duty MW2. The highest selling "casual" game for the 360 is probably LEGO Indiana Jones with 9.4% of X-Box owners buying it. Meanwhile, only 14% of Wii owners bought Super Smash Brothers, 12.9% bought Super Mario Galaxy, and only 8.3% bought Zelda Twilight Princess. More casual games like Wii Play are owned by 40.5% of Wii owners and 34.5% own Wii Fit.

Thus, it is easy for people to assume that the Wii system is for "casual" gamers even when good "hard core" games are available for the system.

mrfokken

In percentages can be very tricky, but consider that there are far more Wii owners than 360 owners, the 28.8% of Xbox sales in Halo are almost the same amount (quantity) of people within the 14% of Wii owners that bought SSBB, that's around 9-10 Millions. So, every console have around the same amount of "hardcore"gamers, casual owners are always the "bulk" in any system.

3rd parties not selling well because of bad development, bad games, bad marketing and in overall making bad decisions, and that's not our fault (Wii owners).

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

Consumer Reports can suck it.

dkrustyklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dkrustyklown
Member since 2009 • 2387 Posts

trugs26

As a Counter Strike player, I concurr.

Michael-Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Michael-Smith

[QUOTE="Michael-Smith"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Madmangamer364

Double Facepalm

LOL, I didn't see a video (probably because NoScript was blocking it), so there was really no way I could tell if a comment like that existed if I didn't actually see text of it. Since the TC didn't mention a video in the original post, I didn't bother looking for one or allowing NoScript to load the whole page. :P

Oh, that wasn't meant for you. You simply asked a question. :)

mrfokken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mrfokken
Member since 2009 • 642 Posts

In percentages can be very tricky, but consider that there are far more Wii owners than 360 owners, the 28.8% of Xbox sales in Halo are almost the same amount (quantity) of people within the 14% of Wii owners that bought SSBB, that's around 9-10 Millions. So, every console have around the same amount of "hardcore"gamers, casual owners are always the "bulk" in any system.

gulfo

I disagree. My point was that when you compare the type of games being sold on the two systems, casual games sell better on the Wii (by percentage) then they do on other systems. Casual games like Wii Play and Wii Fit are the best selling games for Wii, while hard core games like Halo sell best for the 360. I'm not promoting the 360 by any means. I am just disappionted that less than nine out of every 100 Wii owners bought Zelda TP. That is the fault of Wii owners.

Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts

[QUOTE="darkghost75"]

[QUOTE="Theguy56"]

Theguy56

Let's not make this system wars. Saying the 360 is only for shooters is the same brand of ignorance as saying Wii is only for mini-games and Wii Fit, it's just not true. I have a Wii and 360, I don't have Wii Fit or Carnival Games and my favorite 360 titles are not shooters.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts
Consumer Reports is right. They mentioned in the video and in the text that the Wii is attracting some more mature titles for the 'hardcore' audience, but it still remains a system primarily for casual gamers. I don't know why anyone is shocked and upset by this fact of life.