• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

I am definitely buying this one.

Next gen visuals, online modes that are more than just the usual FFA, TDM, CTF, voice chat, completely customizable control scheme.

Best part of it, you can map all the necessary buttons to the Wii Remote and leave your other hand free for cake.

Mmmmm.....Cake......

eduardomatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 eduardomatus
Member since 2004 • 38 Posts

im just not gonna go with the hype for wii games... Look at mad world for example, it was so hyped and turned out to be short and shallow

gotta rent it first

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
I need more info on online first.
TheYoshster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheYoshster
Member since 2008 • 4348 Posts

I'm very interested in The Conduit, it's one of the only great games I've heard of in a while.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#5 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I've never had any interest in this game.
TheSmitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 TheSmitto
Member since 2008 • 1898 Posts

Yes.

tnfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#7 tnfaith
Member since 2008 • 149 Posts

No guarantee, none at all. But a sliver of a chance if the reviews are positive.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
If it turns out good: Yes If it turns out bad: No
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

No

I played Conduit 1 and 2 last gen

I still haven't picked up Conduit 3 this gen and I'm not interested in the Conduit Wars series.

I've had enough of the Conduit right now, I'm more interested in new things

_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts

Looks simply amazing IMO, but I'm going to rent it and watch the reviews before I do buy it. :)

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 snover2009

No

I still haven't picked up Conduit 3 this gen and I'm not interested in the Conduit Wars series.

Jaysonguy

You are confused, we are discussing the Conduit, not Halo.

This is new for the Wii, because it is the FirstFPS done right.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rocky32189

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

No

snover2009

For the record, Conduit >>>>> Halo

What is there about the Conduit that makes it that much better than Halo?
snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 snover2009

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

No

Rocky32189

I edited my reply to say something different.

You are missing the point, Jasonguy is confused about what we are actually discussing.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
To answer the question, yes, I will buy it if I have the money. What is the exact release date for America?
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
I need more info on online first.gamefan67
I dont think there is much more to go around, they have basically detailed the package. [QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

No

lol you know Halo wasn't the first space age shooter, hell it wasn't even the first space age FPS. When I first heard of The Conduit I commended HV for what they were doing, but generally I'm not that interested in FPS. However after seeing the game in motion, it looks like fun. I prefer a more human character if I play a FPS that is why I was never much of a Halo fan with the space war vehicles and 30ft jumps. Also this game actually has a character with a face.
snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 snover2009

To answer the question, yes, I will buy it if I have the money. What is the exact release date for America?Rod90

Sometime in June 2009

knightfire35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 knightfire35
Member since 2006 • 431 Posts

Yes, I will pick it up. It's about the only Wii game I'm looking forward too.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

No

snover2009

No, we're talking Conduit

The old song and dance where aliens are to be stopped and you're just the guy to do it. Along the way you'll use weapons from Earth and some designed for aliens and maybe you'll even discover some mysteries about it all.

Oh wow, it's 2001 again

Everything in that game is old and done before a generation ago, people have moved on to better uses of the FPS genre. This is an old game that's been done many times already and by now people are sick of it.

As far as doing the genre right Metroid did it right a long time ago and then games like Call of Duty WaW have done great as well.

This brings nothing to the genre except that orb. I doubt that is going to make this a defining game and if it doesn't then this is just another run of the mill FPS games that anyone who has played FPS's before have played before.

So the game brings nothing new to the genre (except the orb) and that's it

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

No

Jaysonguy

The old song and dance where aliens are to be stopped and you're just the guy to do it. Along the way you'll use weapons from Earth and some designed for aliens and maybe you'll even discover some mysteries about it all.

Oh wow, it's 2001 again

Everything in that game is old and done before a generation ago, people have moved on to better uses of the FPS genre. This is an old game that's been done many times already and by now people are sick of it.

As far as doing the genre right Metroid did it right a long time ago and then games like Call of Duty WaW have done great as well.

This brings nothing to the genre except that orb. I doubt that is going to make this a defining game and if it doesn't then this is just another run of the mill FPS games that anyone who has played FPS's before have played before.

lol gotta love it

wescash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wescash
Member since 2008 • 146 Posts

Oh wow, it's 2001 again

Jaysonguy

The FPS genre as a whole is fresh out of ideas. It's either zombies, aliens or soldiers. Yet FPS's are still the most popular game type - people like FPS's because they get to shoot things with big guns. Change a few weapons, places, and enemies, and you have a "new" FPS. The Conduit is just another FPS, but it is unique because it is on the wii and it may actually be able to compete with other console shooters.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Oh wow, it's 2001 again

wescash

The FPS genre as a whole is fresh out of ideas. It's either zombies, aliens or soldiers. Yet FPS's are still the most popular game type - people like FPS's because they get to shoot things with big guns. Change a few weapons, places, and enemies, and you have a "new" FPS. The Conduit is just another FPS, but it is unique because it is on the wii and it may actually be able to compete with other console shooters.

The genre isn't out of ideas

Each year there's new advancements that add another layer to the genre.

Does the Conduit do that? Not at all

If anything the Conduit is pushing back the genre by doing nothing new.
You're talking about competing? With what? The best of 2002?

wescash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wescash

[QUOTE="wescash"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Oh wow, it's 2001 again

Jaysonguy

The conduit doesn't do anything new for an FPS, but being on the wii and being able to control it with the wiimote may work perfectly and be more fun than using a controller - that is an advancement in technology. What new advancements have furthered the FPS genre in the last few years? Online and graphics are all I can think of, and they haven't change the idea or premise of the FPS at all.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="wescash"]

wescash

The conduit doesn't do anything new for an FPS, but being on the wii and being able to control it with the wiimote may work perfectly and be more fun than using a controller - that is an advancement in technology. What new advancements have furthered the FPS genre in the last few years? Online and graphics are all I can think of, and they haven't change the idea or premise of the FPS at all.

All it is is a controller, that's it

That control scheme has been done a bunch of times on the Wii perfectly starting with like I said, Metroid. That's not new, it's years old just from a Wiimote control standpoint.

How has the genre advanced? One of the biggest ones is the AI Director, something that the Wii doesn't have the power to run. But who cares, think up something new.

Heck, Elebits does more for the advancment of the genre on the Wii then the Conduit

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

Jayson is right, it isn't doing anything for the genre what so ever, unless there's a big secret we still don't know about lol.

The only thing that the Conduit is trying to do (which is a shame imo) is compete with the good "3" FPS's that we do have on the system as of now for the title of "Best Wii FPS". It's sad because the console is perfectly set up for this particular genre, but it's not flooded with the them when compared to the other consoles.

I'm just hoping for a good game, I just like the controller

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 snover2009

[QUOTE="wescash"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

That control scheme has been done a bunch of times on the Wii perfectly starting with like I said, Metroid. That's not new, it's years old just from a Wiimote control standpoint.

How has the genre advanced? One of the biggest ones is the AI Director, something that the Wii doesn't have the power to run. But who cares, think up something new.

Heck, Elebits does more for the advancment of the genre on the Wii then the Conduit

It opens oppertunity for more unique FPS's on Wii.

And yes, the controller is the reason I have other shooters on 360/PS3 and love shooters on Wii.

Metroids control scheme wasn't perfect. Metroid is snails pace compared to Medal of Honor Heroes 2

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="wescash"] The conduit doesn't do anything new for an FPS, but being on the wii and being able to control it with the wiimote may work perfectly and be more fun than using a controller - that is an advancement in technology. What new advancements have furthered the FPS genre in the last few years? Online and graphics are all I can think of, and they haven't change the idea or premise of the FPS at all.snover2009

And yes, the controller is the reason I have other shooters on 360/PS3 and love shooters on Wii.

Metroids control scheme wasn't perfect. Metroid is snails pace compared to Medal of Honor Heroes 2

By doing nothing new it opens things up?
How?

Other devs will go "Hey look, those guys are just rehasing 2001, I bet we can do better"
No, it doesn't work that way

Metroid had those controls, they've been trumped twice as far as greatness but that didn't usher new people to the Wii did it?

No it didn't

wescash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wescash

The Conduit is supposed to be good because:

It is a FPS on wii with all the good stuff other FPS games have

It seems to have good graphics

It has offline and online multiplayer

It will control with the wii remote

It sounds like a lot of effort has been put into the game

There is no other game that fits that criteria and thatis why the conduit is unique and people want to buy it.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jaysonguy

There is no other game that fits that criteria and thatis why the conduit is unique and people want to buy it.

wescash

wescash, I'd like to introduce you to

I'd like to introduce you to wescash

You guys have fun, seems you have a lot of things to catch up on

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

*sigh*

why do people bother argueing with jason, then man lives in his own little world. thanks again for hijacking a thread and making people concintrate on you.

anyway i plan to buy it becouse its an actuall third party effort and preveiws have been great

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
[QUOTE="Rocky32189"][QUOTE="snover2009"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

No

The controls will make The Conduit on the Wii much better than any than any Halo version on Xbox (or any shooter on the PS3/360).
slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts

The Conduit and Muramusa are first day purchases for me.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
Here we go again. Ok, Jaysonguy, I'll play along: Are the only games we should buy the ones that "Advance the genre"? Does a game have to be something entirely unique to be a great game? Of course not! What's wrong with simply enjoying a great game, regardless of if the concept is not completely original. Besides, I don't recall any other games that take place in DC and are focused on both government conspiracies and aliens. Generic or not, if a game is great you should get it! And since HVS seems to be putting genuine effort into making the game we fans have been craving, it's safe to assume the game will be great! Exactly what flaws do you see in The Conduit? And not being something totally new is not a flaw. Right now the game seems to have great technical features, great single-player, and great online! That is something to look forward to. If The Conduit succeeds, I guarantee you that at least a few more devs will finally realize that you can have a "hardcore" experience on Wii equal to that on the other consoles and that it CAN make money! Bottom line: The Conduit looks to be a great game and if it succeeds it is entirely probable that more quality FPS games will be made for the Wii.
Avatar image for cheesecurls1414
cheesecurls1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cheesecurls1414
Member since 2009 • 78 Posts

absolutly yes!

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rocky32189

[QUOTE="Rocky32189"][QUOTE="snover2009"]

psychobrew

The controls will make The Conduit on the Wii much better than any than any Halo version on Xbox (or any shooter on the PS3/360).

Okay, so it has better controls. That doesn't mean it will necessarily be a better game.

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#35 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts
It seems that JaysonGuy finds way to be negative about everything. Anyway, I'll be getting it. I really want a reason to dust off my... err... what's that little white box called?
snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 snover2009

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

By doing nothing new it opens things up?
How?

Other devs will go "Hey look, those guys are just rehasing 2001, I bet we can do better"
No, it doesn't work that way

Metroid had those controls, they've been trumped twice as far as greatness but that didn't usher new people to the Wii did it?

No it didn't

The are not rehasing 2001, the Conduit is different, and don't even ask how.

Does halo have a ASE device? Did a halo game appear on a Nintendo console? Do people who own ONLY a Wii and want FPS game need to be FORCED to buy another console just to play a couple of games that they can't get on Wii?

The answer to all these questions are "no."

It opens up oppertunities because it is a quality FPS on Wii, the Nintendo Wii, a console in some serious need of good FPS's.

It will encourage developers to put more effort into Wii titles. Some do but not enough do.

If I had a PC to run games like FARCRY 2, CRYSIS, FEAR, and HALF-LIFE 2 I would probably say the same thing that you are, but I don't have a PC, I can't play those other games.

When it comes out, all of this won't matter because the only thing that is going to be on my mind is that I will be able to play a good FPS online against opponents across the globe and use voice chat with Wii speak. Many people have already done this, but I haven't, most Wii gamers havent. It will be something I haven't experienced before.

If you can see that, I don't know what to tell you.

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 snover2009

[QUOTE="wescash"]

Jaysonguy

That my friend is a PORT of a 360 game, the Conduit is an EXCLUSIVE title, like Mario Galaxy.

The main problem with WAW is the lag in the IR.

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Actually Conduit does bring a small bit of originality to the table. The All Seeing Eye thingy, and those weapons that shoot differently. Like the one where you twist the remote or something to make the bullets curve or spin or something, and then the rocket launcher thing that you can guide with the IR pointer. And I haven't played World at War, so I'd like to ask someone, what features does that have that haven't been done before?
Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Mike1978Smith
Member since 2005 • 2012 Posts
Where's my "No, I don't play FPS's" option?
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

I'm undecided i might rent it. Not really looking forward to it that much unless it has a good story. I've played enough fps games and if i'm going to buy another shooter i want it to have something special about it.

KillerNewFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KillerNewFish
Member since 2009 • 107 Posts
Here we go again. Ok, Jaysonguy, I'll play along: Are the only games we should buy the ones that "Advance the genre"? Does a game have to be something entirely unique to be a great game? Of course not! What's wrong with simply enjoying a great game, regardless of if the concept is not completely original. Besides, I don't recall any other games that take place in DC and are focused on both government conspiracies and aliens. Generic or not, if a game is great you should get it! And since HVS seems to be putting genuine effort into making the game we fans have been craving, it's safe to assume the game will be great! Exactly what flaws do you see in The Conduit? And not being something totally new is not a flaw. Right now the game seems to have great technical features, great single-player, and great online! That is something to look forward to. If The Conduit succeeds, I guarantee you that at least a few more devs will finally realize that you can have a "hardcore" experience on Wii equal to that on the other consoles and that it CAN make money! Bottom line: The Conduit looks to be a great game and if it succeeds it is entirely probable that more quality FPS games will be made for the Wii.Head_of_games
1 word: OWNED
Nomad0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 Nomad0404
Member since 2004 • 1111 Posts

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

No

Jaysonguy

Oh wow, it's 2001 again

You can say that about every RTS, TPS, FPS, RPG, Action Adventure, Shoot 'em up etc that has ever been made after the first one was released!

DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts

Where's my "No, I don't play FPS's" option?Mike1978Smith

^This.

I just wanted to vote. :P

TechGuru89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TechGuru89
Member since 2009 • 478 Posts
So far it seems like a buy. I'm just recently reading and watching interviews on it. I thought it was going to be gargage until I dug a little deeper. :P
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"]Here we go again. Ok, Jaysonguy, I'll play along: Are the only games we should buy the ones that "Advance the genre"? Does a game have to be something entirely unique to be a great game? Of course not! What's wrong with simply enjoying a great game, regardless of if the concept is not completely original. Besides, I don't recall any other games that take place in DC and are focused on both government conspiracies and aliens. Generic or not, if a game is great you should get it! And since HVS seems to be putting genuine effort into making the game we fans have been craving, it's safe to assume the game will be great! Exactly what flaws do you see in The Conduit? And not being something totally new is not a flaw. Right now the game seems to have great technical features, great single-player, and great online! That is something to look forward to. If The Conduit succeeds, I guarantee you that at least a few more devs will finally realize that you can have a "hardcore" experience on Wii equal to that on the other consoles and that it CAN make money! Bottom line: The Conduit looks to be a great game and if it succeeds it is entirely probable that more quality FPS games will be made for the Wii.KillerNewFish

Lol, you're noticed that Jayson hasn't responded. No offense to him, but I've yet to see him humble himself and admit he was wrong even once.

Ifnot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ifnot
Member since 2008 • 9828 Posts
[QUOTE="KillerNewFish"][QUOTE="Head_of_games"]Here we go again. Ok, Jaysonguy, I'll play along: Are the only games we should buy the ones that "Advance the genre"? Does a game have to be something entirely unique to be a great game? Of course not! What's wrong with simply enjoying a great game, regardless of if the concept is not completely original. Besides, I don't recall any other games that take place in DC and are focused on both government conspiracies and aliens. Generic or not, if a game is great you should get it! And since HVS seems to be putting genuine effort into making the game we fans have been craving, it's safe to assume the game will be great! Exactly what flaws do you see in The Conduit? And not being something totally new is not a flaw. Right now the game seems to have great technical features, great single-player, and great online! That is something to look forward to. If The Conduit succeeds, I guarantee you that at least a few more devs will finally realize that you can have a "hardcore" experience on Wii equal to that on the other consoles and that it CAN make money! Bottom line: The Conduit looks to be a great game and if it succeeds it is entirely probable that more quality FPS games will be made for the Wii.Head_of_games

Lol, you're noticed that Jayson hasn't responded. No offense to him, but I've to see him humble himself and admit he was wrong even once.

He'll come up with a way to counter attack you, he always does...
snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 snover2009

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"][QUOTE="KillerNewFish"] 1 word: OWNEDIfnot
Lol, you're noticed that Jayson hasn't responded. No offense to him, but I've to see him humble himself and admit he was wrong even once.

He'll come up with a way to counter attack you, he always does...

I stopped taking his posts seriously.

Mainly his "Madworld is a mini-game collection" claim.

Then he tries to argue that it is mini-games connected by beat'em up sections.

Some of the missions don't even have minigames in them (Von Twirlenkiller, Martin, etc.)

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#48 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

definetely will buy this game!

wescash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 wescash

Controlling an FPS with the wiimoteis alot more visceral experience than a simple controller. I own MoH: H2 and while it definitely isn't the best FPS ever, I feel completely captivated when playing online with other people - it just works. If the conduit is able to succeed in multiplayer and controls, as well as graphics and such, it will be a huge accomplishment and make me a proud wii owner.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#50 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
[QUOTE="snover2009"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="wescash"]

That my friend is a PORT of a 360 game, the Conduit is an EXCLUSIVE title, like Mario Galaxy.

The main problem with WAW is the lag in the IR.

That my friend is NOT a port of 360 game, that is a port a PS2 game.