Conduit has some issues!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zachdragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 zachdragon
Member since 2005 • 1707 Posts

So my PS3 broke so i went to gamestop to buy a game for my Wii so I would be busy until my PS3 got repaired anyways Im having problems with the controls especially hitting and throwing grenades its almost impossible to aim them and the enemies are so strong they wont die unless you shoot them in the head even though you are surronded by them anyways I hope the Online is better Im told it is!

kkdds3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kkdds3
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Dude just change the controls and lock on. They are not as hard that way.
dkrustyklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 dkrustyklown
Member since 2009 • 2387 Posts

Go to "options". Then go to "control options". Then go to "controller layout". Move melee attack to the nunchuck. Then move grenade to the "+" button. The end result is that you perform a melee attack with the nunchuck, throw a grenade with the "+" button, and bring up your ASE with the Wii remote thrust. It works much better and should solve your problem.

Also, don't forget to also enter the "controller sensitivity" menu and set your "vertical view" to 100. This will allow you to look up & down all the way. The default is 50, which doesn't let you look up far enough.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

I love the controls.

The only problem I have is the connecting to Nintendo WFC is too slow.

teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts

I love the controls.

The only problem I have is the connecting to Nintendo WFC is too slow.

awssk8er716
yeah, this killed it for me. I don't want to spend 20 minuets connecting to a game. once your in it's good it's getting in that becomes a chore.
SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
[QUOTE="teknic1200"] yeah, this killed it for me. I don't want to spend 20 minuets connecting to a game. once your in it's good it's getting in that becomes a chore.

If it takes you 20 minutes to connect to a game... you might want to take a look at your internet connection... :|
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

I will agree with everyone in here that you need to go to the controller options. That's where the revolution within this game shines. You can do myriad different things including sensitivity for motion controls like melle and grenades.

Also practice not moving the Wiimote and changing where you are pointing while throwing a grenade! I believe this is where many unpracticed Wii gamers get frustrated. Being a drummerI might also have naturally improved independant control over each hand but it is probably where you are having trouble being accurate nonetheless. Give it a shot.

And yes the online rocks the house!

Ubeyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 Ubeyone
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="teknic1200"] yeah, this killed it for me. I don't want to spend 20 minuets connecting to a game. once your in it's good it's getting in that becomes a chore.SoraX64
If it takes you 20 minutes to connect to a game... you might want to take a look at your internet connection... :|

it isn't about your internet connection. because your possibly connecting to people with seriously inferior network connection speeds, building a connection takes alot of time. Whats even worse is there is no lobby in the game.

SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SoraX64
it isn't about your internet connection. because your possibly connecting to people with seriously inferior network connection speeds, building a connection takes alot of time. Whats even worse is there is no lobby in the game.Ubeyone
Yes but that's not to say that his internet connection is perfect either... the same thing could work the other way. He could have a poor internet connection that is preventing him from connecting to the people with good connections. And I've played the CRAP out of this game, and not once have I taken more than 5 minutes to get into the game. And what do you mean by lobby? What do you call what you do in between every match? You search for your match, get your people, play the match, go to the lobby, vote, and go again. What's missing from that?
Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

Dude just customize the controls.

That's one the reasons I love The Conduit. It lets me be in control. [/badpun]

And it only takes about one or two minutes to connect to wi-fi. :|

teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 teknic1200

[QUOTE="SoraX64"][QUOTE="teknic1200"] yeah, this killed it for me. I don't want to spend 20 minuets connecting to a game. once your in it's good it's getting in that becomes a chore.Ubeyone

it isn't about your internet connection. because your possibly connecting to people with seriously inferior network connection speeds, building a connection takes alot of time. Whats even worse is there is no lobby in the game.

i have a great connection, and once I'm in a room it's fine. it's the spawn glitch, where you spawn into a wall. from here you have to reboot your wii, rinse and repeat. at first it was a minor annoyance. then it was too much. if it takes three times to spawn into the room there's that 20 minuets. I have 20 Mb/s down and 4 Mb/s up. My internet is fast.
bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts
[QUOTE="SoraX64"][QUOTE="teknic1200"] yeah, this killed it for me. I don't want to spend 20 minuets connecting to a game. once your in it's good it's getting in that becomes a chore.

My Wii is about 20 feet from my router and there has been times its taken me 20 minutes to get in a game. The Conduit is the only Wii game I own that has a problem connecting.
Fick1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fick1122
Member since 2006 • 2135 Posts

Meh, the Conduit was one of the most disappointing games ever for me. Everything about it was just so...mediocre.

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
My friends had trouble aiming their grenades too. What you have to remember is it goes where your CURSOR is, so you have to keep the remote STILL while you're shaking the nunchuck. It shouldn't be very difficult after a few practice tosses. And for melee attacks, you should STAB the remote directly forward like a knife. That way the aimer won't move as much (don't forget to pull your arm back straight too).
dkrustyklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dkrustyklown

My friends had trouble aiming their grenades too. What you have to remember is it goes where your CURSOR is, so you have to keep the remote STILL while you're shaking the nunchuck. It shouldn't be very difficult after a few practice tosses. And for melee attacks, you should STAB the remote directly forward like a knife. That way the aimer won't move as much (don't forget to pull your arm back straight too).Chojuto

Just move throw grenade to the + button!

dkrustyklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dkrustyklown

[QUOTE="Ubeyone"]

[QUOTE="SoraX64"] If it takes you 20 minutes to connect to a game... you might want to take a look at your internet connection... :|teknic1200

i have a great connection, and once I'm in a room it's fine. it's the spawn glitch, where you spawn into a wall. from here you have to reboot your wii, rinse and repeat. at first it was a minor annoyance. then it was too much. if it takes three times to spawn into the room there's that 20 minuets. I have 20 Mb/s down and 4 Mb/s up. My internet is fast.

That was a constant problem for me until I set up the port forwarding on my router. At the time, The Conduit was the only game that seemed to have been affected by my failure to do so. Once I set it up, tbe problem went away. Since then, I have noticed much better registration of my shots in WaW.

Have you opened up the right ports through your router firewall?

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

My friends had trouble aiming their grenades too. What you have to remember is it goes where your CURSOR is, so you have to keep the remote STILL while you're shaking the nunchuck. It shouldn't be very difficult after a few practice tosses. And for melee attacks, you should STAB the remote directly forward like a knife. That way the aimer won't move as much (don't forget to pull your arm back straight too).Chojuto

Just move the grenade throwing to a button instead of motion controlling.

I moved it to the D-pad and I put it on the left side. :P

I also put the lock-on on the C button on the Nunchuk so that helped a lot.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

[QUOTE="teknic1200"] yeah, this killed it for me. I don't want to spend 20 minuets connecting to a game. once your in it's good it's getting in that becomes a chore.SoraX64

For me, it takes about 2 minutes to connect, but literally over 50% of the time I join a game, I spawn under the map. I looked it up, and it's a glitch with a really low percentage.

Then, I can't just re-connect. I have to unplug my Wii because it doesn't let me leave, then restart it up. That's what killed it for me.

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I for one can't stand this game. I have no idea why there was so much hype!!

I got this and played maybe a total of two hours and I probably will never touch it again

So yes, it has some issues. LOL

SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SoraX64
Put grenades on the Z button, it helps a lot. You can lock on with C and then throw grenades with Z. I moved the nearly worthless spin around to nunchuk shake and crouch to +. [QUOTE="awssk8er716"]For me, it takes about 2 minutes to connect, but literally over 50% of the time I join a game, I spawn under the map. I looked it up, and it's a glitch with a really low percentage. Then, I can't just re-connect. I have to unplug my Wii because it doesn't let me leave, then restart it up. That's what killed it for me.

Yeah, I get that a lot. It sucks. But I'm a patient person so I just wait for the match to end. It usually isn't more than 5 minutes; if it is, I listen to a few songs while I wait.
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 teknic1200

[QUOTE="SoraX64"][QUOTE="teknic1200"] yeah, this killed it for me. I don't want to spend 20 minuets connecting to a game. once your in it's good it's getting in that becomes a chore.awssk8er716

For me, it takes about 2 minutes to connect, but literally over 50% of the time I join a game, I spawn under the map. I looked it up, and it's a glitch with a really low percentage.

Then, I can't just re-connect. I have to unplug my Wii because it doesn't let me leave, then restart it up. That's what killed it for me.

that's the 20 minuet process I'm referring to. by connect I mean in the game and playing. it's actually a very very common glitch. maybe it's happening less know if they've tweaked the servers. at the end of the day i'd rather be playing TW10.