Club Nintendo Fun

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dr_doongy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 dr_doongy
Member since 2008 • 625 Posts

no one here talks about Club Nintendo.. i guess there's not much to talk about, but i figure i might as well create a topic if anyone wants to discuss it.

what have you guys redeemed? what status are you guys? and most importantly... do you think the club nintendo prizes are going to get any better? the ones available for coin redemption are alright i guess.. but i'm seriously hoping we get the japan treatment and get some nicer goodies.. not to mention some better year end platinum rewards.

so far i've redeemed Game & Watch Collections 1 & 2, and i have about 3200 coins left over. i've reached platinum all three years so far.

SiK99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -2

#2 SiK99
Member since 2008 • 1673 Posts
I've redeemed the Zelda posters, Game & Watch 1, Silver DS Lite case, Mario DS Game Rack, and all 3 of the Game Card/Stylus sets. The Mario posters are sold out or I'd probably get them too. Reached platinum the previous two years and am already platinum for next. (Mario Hat & Statue) So far I've been happy with the variety of items. I just wish they'd update more often. Japan's CN definitely takes the cake though.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

So what are they offering in Japan that's so awesome?

dr_doongy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dr_doongy

from what i've seen, they've had an assortment of different soundtracks, the mario hat ds lite case (one of my favorites), the star ten billion, game controllers.. things of that nature. but what i'm hoping for are the limited platinum prizes that they have, like the limited edition ds lites that they randomly gave out, game and watch.. iono i'm just rambling now..

hey sik, i saw your framed zelda posters. they looked really nice.

Backlash24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Backlash24
Member since 2010 • 3674 Posts

so far i've redeemed Game & Watch Collections 1 & 2, and i have about 3200 coins left over. i've reached platinum all three years so far.

dr_doongy
I have just about 800 PT and the only thing that appeals to me are the games ... what's the difference between the two? ... Do you have a preference? As for CN Japan ... it's just amazing across the board.
Kuribo_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Kuribo_Girl
Member since 2009 • 218 Posts

I've redeemd the Mario pencil case and the DS Game Card and Stylus set. Think they're both pretty cute, but a bit much in terms of how much you spend on games to get the rewards.

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

im getting the zelda poster.

hey does anyone know when the platinum prizes are being shipped?

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

I am Elite status and am about to get the calendar that they said I am eligible for. The only thing I have got from there is the Animal Crossing Playing cards, but they're pretty sweet.

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
I'm not a huge fan, but it's given some fun diversions. I reached gold last year and got the calendar, this year I didn't buy too many games so I didn't even reach gold/silver. I did get the Mario Party Playing cards because a good chunk of my coins were about to expire though.
dr_doongy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dr_doongy

hey does anyone know when the platinum prizes are being shipped?martinX3X

last year they shipped them around august. this year they said sometime before the end of december lol. big time window.

a good chunk of my coins were about to expire though.forgot_it

coins don't expire.

dr_doongy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dr_doongy

I've redeemd the Mario pencil case

Kuribo_Girl

they had the mario pencil case on Club Nintendo US?

frostybro24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 frostybro24
Member since 2008 • 290 Posts

i want controllers (like the SNES classic controller) and some better games than game and watch. it took me a while to get my 800 points so i am saving them for when something good comes out

frostybro24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 frostybro24

do you guys know if you can register systems? (wii and ds) i bought all my systems before i had a club nintendo account and never looked for a club nintendo slip in there

SiK99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SiK99

do you guys know if you can register systems? (wii and ds) i bought all my systems before i had a club nintendo account and never looked for a club nintendo slip in there

frostybro24
You can but it will extend the warranty, not give you coins. It will also link your DSi to your club nintendo account for any DSi Downloads (probably WiiWare as well). That way you can do post play surveys on the games for coins.
frostybro24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 frostybro24
[QUOTE="frostybro24"]

SiK99
You can but it will extend the warranty, not give you coins. It will also link your DSi to your club nintendo account for any DSi Downloads (probably WiiWare as well). That way you can do post play surveys on the games for coins.

Can you do postplay surveys for wiiware and vc games? and if so, how do you do it
SiK99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SiK99
I am pretty sure you can but you have to register your Wii system first. (probably only WiiWare, not VC) Then anytime you download a game, a post play survey will show up a while (week or two) later. So far I've gotten them for all DSiWare stuff, even the Free ones.
frostybro24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 frostybro24
I am pretty sure you can but you have to register your Wii system first. (probably only WiiWare, not VC) Then anytime you download a game, a post play survey will show up a while (week or two) later. So far I've gotten them for all DSiWare stuff, even the Free ones. SiK99
I just linked my wii shop channel to club nintendo, but nothing showed up. all my downloaded games were purchased a long time ago, so does that mean i have to wait a week after linking?
SiK99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SiK99
[QUOTE="SiK99"]I am pretty sure you can but you have to register your Wii system first. (probably only WiiWare, not VC) Then anytime you download a game, a post play survey will show up a while (week or two) later. So far I've gotten them for all DSiWare stuff, even the Free ones. frostybro24
I just linked my wii shop channel to club nintendo, but nothing showed up. all my downloaded games were purchased a long time ago, so does that mean i have to wait a week after linking?

I'm not really sure how it works. There is a chance that it will only apply to games you buy AFTER you link your system, but I don't think that is the case. Most likely you will just have to wait for them to show up. You can always contact Nintendo to make sure.
forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts

[QUOTE="forgot_it"]a good chunk of my coins were about to expire though.dr_doongy

coins don't expire.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/club/en/faq.jsp#vers

Why are my Coins listed with an expiration date? Unredeemed Coins will expire two (2) full Club Nintendo years (July 1 - June 30), plus whatever is left in the current Club Nintendo year, after they are earned. Example: Coins earned in March 2009 would not expire until June 30, 2011. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more information.

Someone should fix that then.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I have redeemed the hanafuda cards, the wiiware exclusive game and last year platinum reward (the mario statue). Right now I have gold status, but many things in my "to-do list" of the site, so I'll get platinum this year too. I plan to get the Zelda posters and the animal croosing cards. Question: how many wii remotes (WITH the jacket) can you put in 1 wii remote holder?
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
I only got the Zelda posters, because i buy games, but i got some of them used, so i didn't get as many points like some of you did. the zelda posters are really amazing, especially if you put them in poster frames. I'm thinking about setting some time aside to hang them in my room, but for some reason, i keep delaying doing that.
Graboola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Graboola
Member since 2010 • 249 Posts

The only thing that appeals to me from Club Nintendo are the G&W games, which I'm just 50 coins short of. Grr...

Eh, hopefully I can get them when the 3DS comes out and I register it.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
so far i been extremely displeased with noa effort on club nintendo they haven't added in even 25% of the great stuff that noj or noe have i gotten platinum both years and the only thing redeemed is the bowers folders/bookmarks
atmmachine11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#24 atmmachine11
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

you guys are so darn lucky i dont have enough coins to get anything *cries* i hate it.... :( wish I was some insane buyer like you guys

dr_doongy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dr_doongy

hmm, i wasn't aware of coins expiring. should an expiration period have come around at all then? it's been more than 2 years since the launch of club nintendo, and one of my club nintendo accounts has all 3000 coins i've registered since the first day it expired.

*edit: never mind, i get it. my coins are going to expire at the end of this nintendo year. what the hell am i going to buy with 3200 coins? i hope they add some new things to the shop throughout the year.

vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 vguy555
Member since 2007 • 4625 Posts

I've been a Platinum member for the last 2 club nintendo years. I've only redeemed my coins for the Wii Remote Holder and I still have 910 coins left right now.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hydralisk86

I've been a Platinum member for the last 2 club nintendo years. I've only redeemed my coins for the Wii Remote Holder and I still have 910 coins left right now.

vguy555
Wow, I had JUST the right amount of coins to get the Zelda posters, and i was pretty much empty after that. Well, i got Chibi Robo Park Patrol, so i got more coins again.
dr_doongy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dr_doongy

i'd been saving my coins in hopes that NoA Club Nintendo would release some better redemption prizes. it looks like im gonna have to start getting some of the crummy stuff available right now.

Zeus-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zeus-Guy
Member since 2004 • 728 Posts

What have you redeemed?

• Mario Hanafuda Cards
  • Super Mario Bros. DS Case W/ Stylus Set
  • Legend of Zelda Posters
  • Super Mario Posters
  • Super Mario Hat
  • Super Mario Bros. Figure

What status are you at?

Platinum

Do you think the club nintendo prizes are going to get any better?

They're good, but as previously mentioned, it'd be nice to have things like video game soundtracks.

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#30 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

I got the rainbow stylus set and I'm platinum, still waiting for my prize though.

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ACL0V3R

I just did a bunch of post play surveys and registered a few Wii games and I was able to get a free Wii fit carrying bag (didn't cost coins) and I got an Animal Crossing stylus and game case :D.

Kuribo_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kuribo_Girl
Member since 2009 • 218 Posts

[QUOTE="Kuribo_Girl"]

dr_doongy

Sorry, I'm from Oz
Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 Big_Evil666
Member since 2004 • 13817 Posts
i hope the prizes will get better, i'm tired of always getting a lame calender!
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#34 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

[QUOTE="Kuribo_Girl"]

dr_doongy

We got it in the Australian store, was considering it; but I went for the playing cards and I also got the face towel.
Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

I got almost 3000 points and I'v only redemed the Zelda Posters

merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#36 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts
i got the silver ds lite case, and that calander which they say i will get before december.
Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

Game and Watch Collection and Doc Louis DL. Haven't found much of what I want. XD

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#38 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

I ordered the calendar, but I have yet to receive it. The confirmation email they sent me said it would arrive by December 2010...I hope it doesn't take that long to receive it. :(

I want to get the hanafuda cards next.

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ACL0V3R

I ordered the calendar, but I have yet to receive it. The confirmation email they sent me said it would arrive by December 2010...I hope it doesn't take that long to receive it. :(

I want to get the hanafuda cards next.

King9999

I think it does probably ship around then, I ordered two things from Club Nintendo a couple of weeks ago and they both came already.

gamefan606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#40 gamefan606
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts
Well at the moment, I'm still waiting for the figurines I ordered for reaching the elite status this year. I still also have about 820 coins left...I want to really purchase something but I'm not too sure. Does anyone know if there are any plans for a Game and Watch Collections 3 ?
dr_doongy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dr_doongy

speaking of club nintendo shipping.. i received my items 2 days after i ordered them. they ship ridiculously fast, at least to me.

Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Big_Evil666
i'm hoping that any items that are "sold out" will be made available again! i want a black Wii-Mote holder
dr_doongy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dr_doongy

the mario posters that have been sold out for a while are back in stock, so you have hope yet :)

Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Big_Evil666
sweetness that's good to know
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#45 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

I've had Platinum from last year and got the hat, and Gold for this year. I only got the Zelda posters and I only have two of them up...

Most of the games I'm buying these days aren't redeemable on Club Nintendo, even though they're Wii and DS games. Makes me mad. But there's nothing I really want in there anyway.

Graboola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Graboola
Member since 2010 • 249 Posts

Yeah, the selection isn't very good. But I had 800 points, so I got the Hanafuda cards.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Have anyone received a post-play survey for Grill-Off with the Ultra Hand?
Zeus-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Zeus-Guy
Member since 2004 • 728 Posts

speaking of club nintendo shipping.. i received my items 2 days after i ordered them. they ship ridiculously fast, at least to me.

dr_doongy
Yeah. I often get the items I order in less than a week (unless they were ordered near the weekend). Might be because I live close to one of their HQs or something.
Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Big_Evil666

Most of the games I'm buying these days aren't redeemable on Club Nintendo, even though they're Wii and DS games. Makes me mad.

Yoweeh

i know it. funny how not all the games can be registered online

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hydralisk86

[QUOTE="Yoweeh"]

Most of the games I'm buying these days aren't redeemable on Club Nintendo, even though they're Wii and DS games. Makes me mad.

Big_Evil666

i know it. funny how not all the games can be registered online

I agree. But are some of the new games still open for getting those points online?