Can we now agree that Sonics devs are beyond help?

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts

I know that it's a little early for this thread, but after reading IGNs review of Black Knight I had to post it. Anyways, I believe that we can all now conclude that the people in charge of Sonic have passed the point of no return. I mean, 3.9?! What is wrong with those guys at Sega? Sonics triumphant return now seems to be all but possible unless his franchise is bought out and someone with some actual talent is put in charge. It doesn't have to be Nintendo, as i'm pretty sure every stinking person who knows anything about gaming could do better than the people making Sonic at the moment. Let us have a moment of silence for Sonic teams talent. Thank you.

Edit: It's so sad! :cry:

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts

I think thieir just bored with making Sonic games. Like after this many Fails they must know what people want. And the fact that the rush games dont suck proves that people at sega know how to make sonic games. All they would have to do is make Rush in 3-D graphics faster and sexier and they would have a game for consoles but they dont. I think they want something more for sonic that they dont no how to make. I hope they play Mirriors edge and wonder how Sonic would be in really fast 1st person 3-D.

Avatar image for DaLegendKilla92
DaLegendKilla92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DaLegendKilla92
Member since 2007 • 919 Posts
I hope you guys realize how difficult it would be to make a 3D Sonic game that runs like the 2D ones. Do you know how many virtual (I'm being serious) miles of track they would have to create to make the levels last as long? At the speed Sonic runs through those.......it would prove long and arduous. Instead of rating the game for what it is, IGN rated it for what it wasn't....Sonic 2. I'll start believing Matt Cassamassamasaamasammasammas when kid Icarus comes out.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Head_of_games
[QUOTE="DaLegendKilla92"]I hope you guys realize how difficult it would be to make a 3D Sonic game that runs like the 2D ones. Do you know how many virtual (I'm being serious) miles of track they would have to create to make the levels last as long? At the speed Sonic runs through those.......it would prove long and arduous. Instead of rating the game for what it is, IGN rated it for what it wasn't....Sonic 2. I'll start believing Matt Cassamassamasaamasammasammas when kid Icarus comes out.

So you're fine with the constant boring waggle fights and other horrid gameplay choices? I'm going to make final judgment until more reviews come, but as it stands the game seems to really suck.
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts

they've been dead for a long while now. the dev rooms is just filled with zombies.

MecaShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 MecaShadow
Member since 2005 • 429 Posts

Wow, you guys are just realising that Sonic Team is beyond help?

Damn, you guys are slow. I've been saying that since Shadow the Hedgehog. Sonic Team and the Sonic series need to be killed off, or at least Sonic Team needs to be disbanded and Sonic given to a completely new developer.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Head_of_games

they've been dead for a long while now. the dev rooms is just filled with zombies.

Sonick54
Lol. Actually though, I think there may have been a sliver of life left in them because they did make the day levels of Unleashed.
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
See I just don't get what they are doing. I mean when they put out Shadow The Hedgehog and the latest Sonic And The Black Night do they honestly believe they have a good idea? I mean Guns and Swords? Do they think the game is good or are they just putting it out there because it will sell lots of copies no matter what.
was49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 was49
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts

[QUOTE="Sonick54"]

Head_of_games

Lol. Actually though, I think there may have been a sliver of life left in them because they did make the day levels of Unleashed.

True, maybe one day sonic team willmake a game thats focused on stages like the daytime ones in sonic unleashed. (Hopefully...)

DS_fan_atic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DS_fan_atic
Member since 2005 • 4078 Posts

I didn't even like the original sonics that much...don't know what all of my friends were freaking out about. Oh well. Never mattered to me in the first place.

ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts
They still make some decent DS games
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sonick54
[QUOTE="Sonick54"]

Head_of_games

After black knight, i think the one's who weren't infected by the T-virus are already zombified.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Head_of_games
[QUOTE="Head_of_games"][QUOTE="Sonick54"]

Sonick54

After black knight, i think the one's who weren't infected by the T-virus are already zombified.

Lol, now that would make a good game. Storming Segas headquarters and taking out the giant zombie Sonic Team! I would so buy it.
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sonick54
[QUOTE="Head_of_games"][QUOTE="Sonick54"][QUOTE="Head_of_games"] Lol. Actually though, I think there may have been a sliver of life left in them because they did make the day levels of Unleashed.

Lol, now that would make a good game. Storming Segas headquarters and taking out the giant zombie Sonic Team! I would so buy it.

Dead Rising-The sega dev raid :lol:
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Head_of_games

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"][QUOTE="Sonick54"] After black knight, i think the one's who weren't infected by the T-virus are already zombified.Sonick54

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The final boss would be weresonic with a sword along with Amy. I would relish the opportunity to blow their heads off.

aruametello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 aruametello
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

On the other side, the good old days of sonic where too focused on speed, what translates badly to 3D or has been somewhat overused during the series, the daytime days of sonic unleashed are somewhat "ok", but shows my point pretty well to.

if your sonic game is not about speed then is about what? that is what i think it makes hard for the dev´s who are working on the next project.

(even if they are zombies with no brain, all the guilt is not theirs)

but HEY.... make a god of war with sonic in it was a REAL bad idea imo. sounded as a joke to me until i actually played the joke.

---

Mario games translated well to modern video games, but they are quite different now, lets say "exploration" is pretty vague, so you have a lot to play with the idea, when "running lightning fast" usually involve always running on a almost straight line.)

the only "very good" sort of game of run in 3D i can think is racing, and they already did that btw.

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sonick54

[QUOTE="Sonick54"][QUOTE="Head_of_games"] Lol, now that would make a good game. Storming Segas headquarters and taking out the giant zombie Sonic Team! I would so buy it.Head_of_games

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The final boss would be weresonic with a sword along with Amy. I would relish the opportunity to blow their heads off.

I'd shed one final tear and say "goodbye sweet prince" :(
klidron02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 klidron02
Member since 2008 • 454 Posts

Damn, you guys are slow. I've been saying that since Shadow the Hedgehog. Sonic Team and the Sonic series need to be killed off, or at least Sonic Team needs to be disbanded and Sonic given to a completely new developer.

MecaShadow
I'm with giving Sonic to a new developer, because there already is one who knows what they're doing. They're called Dimps and they make great Sonic games. I seriously do not even trust Sonic Team anymore.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Thats not true, with Unleashed they seemed to be going to the right direction until some genious thought up the werehog and that went down the tubes. I'll put it this way if a return to 2D roots can work for fighters like SFIV and KOF XII there is no reason it can't work for Sonic.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
I reached that conclusion over 5 years ago.
N-One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 N-One
Member since 2008 • 320 Posts

They have 3 options to save Sonic,

1. Do Unleashed's Daytime Levels in a Game

2. Beg Yugi Naka to help with the next Sonic game

3. Hand over Sonic to Dimps

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about. Are you guys just purposely ignoring Sonic Rushed and Sonic and the Secret Rings?
black_ice23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 black_ice23
Member since 2003 • 1288 Posts
ok so i know making 2d into 3d cant be easy but its been over 10 years since the 3d games were being made, how hard can it been they should have 10 years practice, nintendo has been doing it for that long with Mario and Zelda, and various other titles, whats taking Sonic team so long, its only one franchise, they should stop making the game like Madden where they are released Yearly, but rather limit to maybe 1-3 Per generation, no actually one per generation and when they get that right they can focus on more, but stick to one good sonic and then focus on other side projects like nintendo like one Zelda or Mario but other franchises, IP, spin offs to fill the void instead of crapping on the key titles and watering down their legend status of said character
Avatar image for DragonQuestHero
DragonQuestHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DragonQuestHero
Member since 2006 • 1105 Posts

I'm still waiting for SOnic the Hedgehog 4.

With Tails and Knuckles as playble character thoguht the WHOLE game. I would not even care if it was 16-bit.

Pesantez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pesantez
Member since 2008 • 773 Posts

I think thieir just bored with making Sonic games. Like after this many Fails they must know what people want. And the fact that the rush games dont suck proves that people at sega know how to make sonic games. All they would have to do is make Rush in 3-D graphics faster and sexier and they would have a game for consoles but they dont. I think they want something more for sonic that they dont no how to make. I hope they play Mirriors edge and wonder how Sonic would be in really fast 1st person 3-D.

webbut
Wow, that sounds like a great idea.
gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts

There was ONE badly written review by ONE awful reviewer. Why does everyone assume this game sucks now.

black_ice23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 black_ice23
Member since 2003 • 1288 Posts
they just need to make a game based on the day time levels in unleashed and call it Sonic day time or light or some variation letting us know its the day time levels, and no gimics such as werewolf or swords or multiple minor characters or guns
Durhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 Durhamster
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts

There was ONE badly written review by ONE awful reviewer. Why does everyone assume this game sucks now.

gamer6464

One? You living under a rock or something?

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

[QUOTE="gamer6464"]

Durhamster

He's talking about Sonic & the Black Knight I believe. And he's right. So far we've only had one review, which is by IGN, and even some of the Sonic haters can agree that review was poorly written (well, there's 2 reviews if you count Nintendo Power's, but most of the people here don't accept their scores anyways).
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sonick54
[QUOTE="Durhamster"]

[QUOTE="gamer6464"]

Chojuto

He's talking about Sonic & the Black Knight I believe. And he's right. So far we've only had one review, which is by IGN, and even some of the Sonic haters can agree that review was poorly written (well, there's 2 reviews if you count Nintendo Power's, but most of the people here don't accept their scores anyways).

Wait, are you still hopeful this will get a decent review ? :? I gotta ask, what exactly will it actually take for people to stop hyping a sonic game? IGN is just the beginning. Look at my sig. You can clearly see i'm a sonic fan, but even i admit this game looks horrible.
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
HAHA! thats cold, Sonic devs beyond hope. Basically what they need to do is stop being Dinks, stop making these random stories...I mean Sonic and the Dark Knight? yeh it may look good but its not Sonic...I really don't know where they are going. All they have to do is make Sonic Adventure 3...similar to Sonic adventure 1 with most of the characters they have now, if not then remake Sonic 3 and Knuckles in 3D and start the series again from there, simple...so long as they keep making up stories Sonic's gonna keep running downhill.
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

None of the 2-D Sonic developers make Sonic games anymore. Sega only makes Sonic games because his name still generates money.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#33 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts
I agree. With the orig. post (but not so sarcastically!). Making relevant Sonic games is like trying to make a relevant Aero the Acrobat or Bubsy game in today's very, very different gaming world. At least Bubsy's first foray in 3D was his last. Sonic just won't DIE.
dan543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34 dan543
Member since 2005 • 218 Posts

For all the people that think the game might actually be good in spite of IGN's review... just look at the freaking game, come on, Sonic with a Sword?? Instant failure. Sonic Team has been dead ever since they tried to take Sonic to the 3D realm, they just couldn't adapt the series to that enviroment. Crappy game after crappy game, they have tried to redeem the blue hedgehog failing and falling down in flames with every attempt. I find it hard for someone to save Sonic.

r_gam3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 r_gam3
Member since 2008 • 1185 Posts
they can bring back sonic, call in miyamoto
King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts
Sonic Team failed when the Saturn came out. Also, the developers are adding stupid and unnecessary stuff like werehogs and swords just to ruin the game. They obviously never heard of the saying "if it's not broken, don't fix it"
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

if i worked for sega id create a 2-D sonic jump&run plattformer with tons of levels & nice graphics (kind of like ShakeIT Wario)

Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts
Actually, I think they miscalculated. If you accurately calculate, the score will be 6.1
Nintenkid49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nintenkid49
Member since 2009 • 3977 Posts

yea, sonic is official dead. R.I.P noble hedgehog..........:(

ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts
Actually, I think they miscalculated. If you accurately calculate, the score will be 6.1Pices
Look at the review again... it says 3.9/10 NOT AN AVERAGE
Nomad0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Nomad0404
Member since 2004 • 1111 Posts

I love it 1 review and the world goes mad - quite frankly I'll wait for a decent Metacritic Average now and see what I think about the game then.

Phil

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Head_of_games

I love it 1 review and the world goes mad - quite frankly I'll wait for a decent Metacritic Average now and see what I think about the game then.

Phil

Nomad0404
Still, it's not like IGN to be way off from what most reviews say. They would have to be a full four points off for the game to be considerable for purchase. I highly doubt that they are that wrong.
Nomad0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nomad0404
Member since 2004 • 1111 Posts

Famitsu gave it the equivilent of 6.5 which while not super is a reasonably good score and a whole lot better than 3.9 eh?

livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts

MecaShadow

Yeah, I thought they'd eventually get it right after Shadow the Hedgehog. I think the last good game was Sonic Adventure 2 on Dreamcast. Sonic Heroes was meh for me. I'd much more prefer a Sonic Adventure game or at least a game like Sonic Rush for DS. I didn't pay any attention to Rush until today and it's actually a better game than I ever thought. Where are Sonic's original creators? They need to make the next one, not new teams. Stop with the gimmicks and spinoffs and go back to the roots. Use legacy technology and do with Sonic what Capcom did with MegaMan 9: Whole new game, old look, Super Sonic transformation, amazing levels and 16-bit sprites. Sonic needs rebirth so call it Sonic Rebirth and put it on WiiWare, PSN and XBox Arcade. We'll be glad when you guys get it right.

pppjjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 pppjjj
Member since 2004 • 1094 Posts

Sonic Team is a bunch of pansies:D:cry:

livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts
I'm sure what IGN wants is just a great Sonic game instead of a buggy, low-framerate, gimmicky excuse for a Sonic game. Maybe Sonic is just going to be oversimplified for all time and just for the kiddies. It'd be a shame.
Kirbythecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Kirbythecat
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

R.I.P

Sonic Teams Talent

It will be missed by fans everywhere.

P.S: Can someone photshop that onto a tombstone?

Head_of_games

Yes,

http://img31.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=87707_Sonic_Team68s_Grave_122_850lo.jpg

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts

What if they put Sonic in an open sandbox world?

Thoughts?

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Head_of_games

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"]

R.I.P

Sonic Teams Talent

It will be missed by fans everywhere.

P.S: Can someone photshop that onto a tombstone?

Kirbythecat

Yes,

http://img31.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=87707_Sonic_Team68s_Grave_122_850lo.jpg

Sonic Team's Grave

Thanks! But the pic shows a question mark. Here, I'll link it.

Mike885

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Mike885
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

The only way they can be saved now is if they make Sonic Adventure 3. Same gameplay as the 2 before but better graphics and an even more epic story.