Call of Duty 5 Wii Awsomeness!!!!

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts

Ok enough with the negative of E3. Here's something possitive. Art, modeling, lighting and effects all look great.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
That doesn't look that good at all, to be honest.
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

That doesn't look that good at all, to be honest.famicommander

Yeah, I'm expecting it to be a dumbed down version of the 360/PS3 with bad online...

smallcaplegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 smallcaplegend
Member since 2006 • 3083 Posts
didnt expect much from the graphics end but the gameplay seems interesting
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 umcommon

[QUOTE="famicommander"]That doesn't look that good at all, to be honest.Ospov

Yeah, I'm expecting it to be a dumbed down version of the 360/PS3 with bad online...

Lets compare this to COD3 on Wii......

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ospov
[QUOTE="Ospov"]

[QUOTE="famicommander"]That doesn't look that good at all, to be honest.umcommon

Well when you put it that way...

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
[QUOTE="Ospov"]

[QUOTE="famicommander"]That doesn't look that good at all, to be honest.umcommon

Just because it looks better than a bad launch Wii game doesn't mean it looks good.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

The early screenshots of MOH:H2 looked better than this and that game didn't have good graphics in the least.

This looks like a port of the PS2 version.

Also, I don't see how you could be excited for the gameplay considering the last COD game on Wii was horrible.

Nova_Mongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Nova_Mongoose
Member since 2004 • 2261 Posts

The early screenshots of MOH:H2 looked better than this and that game didn't have good graphics in the least.

Also, I don't see how you could be excited for the gameplay considering the last COD game on Wii was horrible.

Rocky32189
IMO this game wll rock if they copy the MoH:H2 controls and add some amazing gameplay, deep story (for a war game), and ranked online (a la BF2)
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 umcommon

Rocky32189

Sorry you need your eyes checked. If anyone would of bothed researching this game they would know it is being built ground up for Wii and will NOT be a ps2 port. They also talked about highly improved customizable controls.

smallcaplegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 smallcaplegend

Rocky32189

well they've had time to learn from great titles utilizing the remote excellently. The footage from gameplay seems to flow alright. To early to call thought I wouldnt be surprised if they dropped the ball

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 umcommon
Oh yeah this game will include everything the 360/PC/PS3 have. This includes online play, Activision provided excellent online for GH3 so online for COD5 should be good too.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rocky32189
[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]

umcommon

Sorry you need your eyes checked. If anyone would of bothed researching this game they would know it is being built ground up for Wii and will NOT be a ps2 port. They also talked about highly improved customizable controls.

Sorry, but you need YOUR eyes checked. There have been countless PS2 games that looked way better than those screens you posted. This game will likely be the PS2 version with Wii controls. What makes you think the controls will be good? What precedent do you have to make these statements? I haven't seen any hands on previews yet. All I have to base it on was the horrible Call of Duty game they shoved on the console a few years back.

In conclusion, don't praise a game you know nothing about.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 demontium
Member since 2008 • 380 Posts
I am expecting good controls and at least bearable online but the visuals and a bunch of modes are being gimped.
tohuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tohuman
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts

anybody else who saw the video i have one question.

the people who where playing the game didn't walk to much anybody else thinking this could be a rail shooter

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 umcommon
[QUOTE="umcommon"][QUOTE="Rocky32189"]

Rocky32189

Sorry, but you need YOUR eyes checked. There have been countless PS2 games that looked way better than those screens you posted. This game will likely be the PS2 version with Wii controls. What makes you think the controls will be good? What precedent do you have to make these statements? I haven't seen any hands on previews yet. All I have to base it on was the horrible Call of Duty game they shoved on the console a few years back.

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/06/24/joystiq-talks-to-treyarchs-mark-lamia-on-cod-5/

http://wiinintendo.net/2008/07/13/call-of-duty-5-wii-details/

PLEASE STOP CALLING IT A PS2 PORT BECAUSE ITS NOT!!!

Don't cut down a game you know less about than me, do someting called reading before you go shooting your mouth off.

smallcaplegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 smallcaplegend

anybody else who saw the video i have one question.

the people who where playing the game didn't walk to much anybody else thinking this could be a rail shooter

tohuman

at e3? I want to say it was a option do to the wii zapper and all. I could be wrong though

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 demontium
Member since 2008 • 380 Posts
[QUOTE="Rocky32189"][QUOTE="umcommon"][QUOTE="Rocky32189"]

umcommon

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/06/24/joystiq-talks-to-treyarchs-mark-lamia-on-cod-5/

Don't cut down a game you know less about than me, do someting called reading before you go shooting your mouth off.

Whether it is technically a ps2 port or it just looks like one does not matter. The game so far is not pushing the Wii at all. I would say this isnt really that good for the PS2 even. Maybe it will improve, maybe not but its not looking so great.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 umcommon

Ok keeping in mind the Wii's limitations, it looks pretty darn close to the 360 version. Honestly I can't beleive how people can be so negative towards a good effort for a multi-plat game on Wii, not to mention one of the biggest multi-plat games of the year.

token08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 token08
Member since 2004 • 787 Posts
Controls will be tight though
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 umcommon

Whether it is technically a ps2 port or it just looks like one does not matter. The game so far is not pushing the Wii at all. I would say this isnt really that good for the PS2 even. Maybe it will improve, maybe not but its not looking so great.

demontium

What exactly isn't good?!

textures look good, lighting looks good, modeling looks good, effects look good, in the video demo animations ran smooth.

I'm not saying this is the best looking Wii title, but come on these pictures are pretty pleasing to the eye. Only thing I see wrong are a few jaggys, but SMG and MP3 had them too, infact I think they had even more.

Sorry to ramble on with post after post but I can't beleive how negative the views are on this game especially since it looks better than any of the stuff Ninty showed at E3. And please, just please don't call it a ps2 port because its not, you want to see a PS2 port a COD3 pic is posted, you want to see a PSP port a MOH:H2 pic is posted.

Krishanrulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Krishanrulz
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Looks nice.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#23 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

cod 3 was not horrible,

cod2 or 4 wasnt either, as for medal of honor thats ea for ya, theyd show you anything to keep quiet eg goldeneye ds,, they named it goldeneye ds because they wanted us to believe it was the port of the original ,then they changed it when reporters leaked it to be rogue agent,

that does look good, to the one who said it doesnt look good, remember before we all went out and bought wiis we knew 360 aND PS3 LOOKED BETTER THEN IT it wasnt like nintendo said it would look like ps3 then it wasnt, get over it ,

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ospov
I guess we're just used to bad Wii multiplatform games. It seems like most games that are for all systems are about the same with the 360 and the PS3 and then there is a dumbed down Wii version. Don't take it personally if we're saying it doesn't look great. We're just so used to developers throwing crappy half-developed games on the Wii so most of us are pessimistic about the game.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#25 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

and no moh h 2 is not a psp port, psp cant handle what wii has,

cant even handle what ps2 has,

its close to ps2 but thats it,

you cant port a psp game to wii, its impossible, ive seen moh h 2 on psp , looks nothing like it does on wii ,also doesnt use wi zapper does it ,also even if it was psp is a portable therefore cant count, when talking about a console,

who plays psp at home? really that defeats the purpose i rather play my console when at home, cant shove a psp game in wii , can i

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
I guess we're just used to bad Wii multiplatform games. It seems like most games that are for all systems are about the same with the 360 and the PS3 and then there is a dumbed down Wii version. Don't take it personally if we're saying it doesn't look great. We're just so used to developers throwing crappy half-developed games on the Wii so most of us are pessimistic about the game.Ospov

I was pessimistic at first too, Treyarch doing it and the memories of CoD3. Well, they at least sound like they're trying, a team of Wii enthusiasts, CoD4 engine is being used, 12 player online multiplayer, so far so good.
violent_spinal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 violent_spinal
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts
If it controls like MOH:H2, I'll definitely try it.
Though, if it has no online; It's a total pass.
shearMario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 shearMario
Member since 2003 • 2134 Posts
From the E3 video the game did look imprerssive the textures were excellent as was the smoke effects and explosions. If this was in HD I don't think many people would have complained if this was a launch title for the PS3 or 360.
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
If it controls like MOH:H2, I'll definitely try it.
Though, if it has no online; It's a total pass.violent_spinal

12 player online multiplayer confirmed
yeahyeahbigN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 yeahyeahbigN
Member since 2007 • 1345 Posts
yeah, online has already been confirmed. if they can get the controls down(like mohh:2) im totally sold. i would have kept playing mohh:2 if it would had voice chat, but since it didn't, i kinda lost interest in that game, so in the end, i picked up cod4 and bad company for the 360(even though i prefer playing a fps with the wiimote).
rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts
the way guitar hero has sold on wii, activision will not mess this up.
violent_spinal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 violent_spinal
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts
[QUOTE="violent_spinal"]If it controls like MOH:H2, I'll definitely try it.
Though, if it has no online; It's a total pass.Lord_Omikron666

12 player online multiplayer confirmed

Oh, Sweet.
I might actually buy it then. =D

Don't really need it for the 360.
mkDSpro63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#33 mkDSpro63
Member since 2006 • 781 Posts
After seeing the new gameplay vid featuring co-op mode, I'm really excited!! Chaos and stuff blowing up everywhere, it's gonna be off the hook. Controls should flow smoothly, online has been confirmed, and Treyarch stated all versions will be the "same game". So I wouldn't worry. I forgive the graphics because they're not really THAT bad in a different light. Hopefully Treyarch will do the best with what they have and pull through. I can't wait to play co-op!
talool1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 talool1
Member since 2005 • 107 Posts
that shuld stay on 360 n PC the controls wont have any control advantage on the other versions
StarkJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 StarkJJ
Member since 2004 • 534 Posts

Ok keeping in mind the Wii's limitations, it looks pretty darn close to the 360 version. Honestly I can't beleive how people can be so negative towards a good effort for a multi-plat game on Wii, not to mention one of the biggest multi-plat games of the year.

umcommon

Totally agreed. COD5 and the Conduit both look fantastic from a graphics standpoint, and I think it goes without saying that the controls will be top notch. 3rd parties are finally starting to deliver. No complaints here!

King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts
Ok, the game looks pretty good, but it is still not pushing the Wii to its limits.
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts
I think the game will look better over-time.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Rocky32189

umcommon

Show me some screens that don't look like a mid-range PS2 title, and I will stop believing it's a PS2 port. There is a PS2 version being made, so it's almost guaranteed both games will utilize the same graphical engine. Hopefully the controls, online, and all the Wii exclusive features will be good.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

It looks alright. Nothing amazing, but it'll have to do.

A definite improvement over CoD3 but still just ok.

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts
are you guys serious? I think that looks REALLY good. I'm excited. They will probably try to imitate the success of MOH for controls and Mario Kart for online so I'm expecting a solid game here especially considering the quantity and quality of other FPS on wii
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts

That doesn't look that good at all, to be honest.famicommander

during the conference it looked rather dull. Almost like a psp game stretch out on a big screen tv.

N1nt3nd0gam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 N1nt3nd0gam3r
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts
hey wut about gore is there any at all and anyone have a release date?
primitive013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 primitive013
Member since 2003 • 1422 Posts
kooks good, im sure ill buy it.
primitive013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 primitive013
Member since 2003 • 1422 Posts
looks good, im sure ill buy it.
SER69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SER69
Member since 2003 • 7096 Posts
I'll keep my eye on it.
GoDsSoN770

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GoDsSoN770
Member since 2004 • 964 Posts

If this game doesn't look good to you, you need glasses...

The graphics comparison to the ps3/360 versions was clearly shown in the screens on the previous page. Wii-version pretty much looks the same just lower resolution, and less color. The explosions look great, there is a lot going on, great fire effects, good lighting, good character models.

Are you ppl insane?

CPrince1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CPrince1000
Member since 2007 • 744 Posts
[QUOTE="Ospov"]

Strange I don't rember that lvl
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts
[QUOTE="umcommon"][QUOTE="Ospov"]

[QUOTE="famicommander"]That doesn't look that good at all, to be honest.CPrince1000

Strange I don't rember that lvl

its the first level of the game but for some reason the player went around the other side of this house. When I played it I just went right in

dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts
I wasn't expecting much from the game, but that video during Nintendo's Conference at E3 saved it for me. I thought it looked really good.