Buy No More Heroes Campaign

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chato909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chato909
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

In Feb. 2008 No More Heroes will be released. Even Though this tiltle will be greatly over shadowed by SSBB, this is going to be a hell of a title. I know i haven't played it but i read, seen, and watched articles, pictures and videos of this game.This game looks amazing and its one of those rare hardcore rated M game for the beloved Wii. YOU should support this game by buying it. I really want a sequel to be created, or if not a sequel anothr Hard core mature or teen game for the wii. Please leave you comments below and tell me if you plan to buy it or not. If you don't plan to buy it please tell me why. ( I am not saying to pick it over SSBB)

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/827/827358/imgs_1.html
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/827/827358/vids_1.html
http://wii.ign.com/articles/839/839222p1.html

Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts

I'm not going to buy it because it looks like a standard beat-em-up wrapped in an obnoxious "look how badass this is! seriously, it's badass, we swear!" attitude. It's trying too hard, and just comes off as juvenile IMO. And the main character looks and acts like he just walked off the set of Jackass...

"If I get to #1, will you do it with me?" - did a 13 year old boy write this?

Sorry, if I'm being too harsh; maybe I'm wrong about it, but all the hype seems like too much.

Avatar image for shadimoscouplos
shadimoscouplos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shadimoscouplos
Member since 2004 • 1572 Posts

I'm not going to buy it because it looks like a standard beat-em-up wrapped in an obnoxious "look how badass this is! seriously, it's badass, we swear!" attitude. It's trying too hard, and just comes off as juvenile IMO. And the main character looks and acts like he just walked off the set of Jackass...

Sorry, if I'm being too harsh; maybe I'm wrong about it, but all the hype seems like too much.

The_Pig_Hostage

exactly, standard beat em up. beat em up= repetitive

tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Forget you guys.

I want this game :D

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts
need a way to get my parents to let me buy this:x
Ryder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Ryder123
Member since 2005 • 1984 Posts
I don't know..it looks kinda weird, I mean common its a cartoon!
-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#8 -shmelo-
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts
You save by sitting on the toilet, its a generic beat em up with lacking style, and no originality and because its on the Wii will have little interactivity and at some point they will have crappy motion controlled things to do, if not all the time.
red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 red_sovereign
Member since 2007 • 1936 Posts
im definitely gonna buy it chato!! looks killer
Hyrule-master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Hyrule-master
Member since 2007 • 519 Posts
you guys hould wait before you pass such harsh judgement
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Pig_Hostage

you guys hould wait before you pass such harsh judgementHyrule-master

Like I said, I know I could be wrong - I'm just saying that this is how it looks to me. And maybe those hyping it should wait before singing such high praises.

Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Sants412
Member since 2007 • 5599 Posts
Can't wait for this game.
-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#13 -shmelo-
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts

you guys hould wait before you pass such harsh judgementHyrule-master

Recent non-first party titles have proven ill to me and left a sour taste of the Wii, leaving me rather skeptical as to whether this game can pull the Wii's rather bleak software line up out of the gutter.

But in all respect, I hope it is a good game. Just as I said before, theres a sour taste in my mouth from previous titles.

Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sants412
Member since 2007 • 5599 Posts
I was rereading your post and why would you want a sequel if the first one isn't even out yet??
Just_in

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Just_in
Member since 2006 • 696 Posts
Image:HMTOP.jpgMust troll for sake of Harvest Moon tree of peace.

Erm, Anyway, I don't want No More Heroes because i'm assuming it's just flicking wii remote non-stop, yawn. But No More Heroes is a new series, and not a rehash, so I do hope it sells wellish.

Buy Harvest Moon !!* Cough*
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
All the videos I've seen and all the things I've read on this game have yet to sway me. It looks repetitive and boring (maybe because the videoas shown have been the first levels). The enemies don't look so bright or act it and they all say the same thing when they die. ...and honestly, I'm betting Brawl will overshadow any game for a while in my case.
jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts

And the main character looks and acts like he just walked off the set of Jackass..

The_Pig_Hostage

The main character was designed off Johnny Knoxville.

The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Pig_Hostage
[QUOTE="The_Pig_Hostage"]

And the main character looks and acts like he just walked off the set of Jackass..

jjr10

The main character was designed off Johnny Knoxville.

Are you serious?? Well then... all the more reason to stay away. :P

The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Pig_Hostage

listen noobz, do your research before you post, and btw no one cares what you have to say anywaypmipamakcazi2

Anger much?

Some people...

Hyrule-master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hyrule-master

The game looks good GS has talked about more than just picking up cocanutand mowing lawns for the overworld. They talked about racing with your motorcycle.

Yes the regular enemies are a bit repetitive but the action is mixed up with new wrestling moves and weapon upgrades. Also the boss fights are not repetitive at all. I think its a lack of analyzing skills to merely pass this off as a beat em up. One of the coolest things about this game is you cannot label one genre on it.

Not to spund elitist or anything but this looks, unfortunately like one of the most worked out Wii games and is good depending on what your preferences are and I would say if we want more hardcore games on Wii this is a MAJOR testing ground for this. I dont know if you guys realise that Third party devs main justification for turning a blind eye on Wii is that it wont sell well on Wii. No More Heroes could easily change this view but there are too many people who will not broaden their horizens. This is a cult game and does have narrowed crowd, but thats only because there is so much ambiguity in teh VG industry that anythuing out of the ordinary is generally ignored.

The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Pig_Hostage

The game looks good GS has talked about more than just picking up cocanutand mowing lawns for the overworld. They talked about racing with your motorcycle.

Yes the regular enemies are a bit repetitive but the action is mixed up with new wrestling moves and weapon upgrades. Also the boss fights are not repetitive at all. I think its a lack of analyzing skills to merely pass this off as a beat em up. One of the coolest things about this game is you cannot label one genre on it.

Not to spund elitist or anything but this looks, unfortunately like one of the most worked out Wii games and is good depending on what your preferences are and I would say if we want more hardcore games on Wii this is a MAJOR testing ground for this. I dont know if you guys realise that Third party devs main justification for turning a blind eye on Wii is that it wont sell well on Wii.No More Heroes could easily change this view but there are too many people who will not broaden their horizens. This is a cult game and does have narrowed crowd, but thats only because there is so much ambiguity in teh VG industry that anythuing out of the ordinary is generally ignored.

Hyrule-master

No offense, but I am really sick of hearing that. The game isn't even out yet, and we have people practically telling us that it's our duty as Wii owners to buy it. It's ridiculous... you don't even know how good it's actually going to be, and I doubt that other developers are out there holding their breath just to see if this game sells. "Well, the Wii is the best-selling system on the market, but let's only develop for it if this one particular beat-em-up is a success!"

Now, I could see some logic to suggesting that good sales for something like Zack and Wiki could send a message because it truly IS something out of the ordinary, doing something original with the Wii's capabilities(plus, we actually know that's it good, since it's actually out already). But No More Heroes looks like just a beat-em-up with a few waggle controls added-in. That's been done a million times already - the only things setting this one apart are the blood and the attitude. (and maybe the quality - but we don't know that yet, so don't act like it's a given) And I don't think some wrestling moves, weapons upgrades, or motorcycle races qualify this as something particularly original, inventive, or risktaking.

I just wish people would stop acting like this game is so important- that, as Wii owners, we're all supposed to buy it, lest the Wii forever suffer from a derth of quality third-party titles. That's just hype, and it's really annoying.

St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts
I'm buying it and nothing ANYONE can say will make me not buy this game, anyway Killer 7 was awesome and so will this as IGN has already said it's awesome and there normally about right so I'll trust them on it. Launch day pickup for me.
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts

I was rereading your post and why would you want a sequel if the first one isn't even out yet??Sants412

ironic... i dont want a sequel to this.... i want something more along the estranged lines of killer7 from suda 51

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
I think the game looks pretty cool, I'll be waiting for it.
Hyrule-master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Hyrule-master
[QUOTE="Hyrule-master"]

Not to spund elitist or anything but this looks, unfortunately like one of the most worked out Wii games and is good depending on what your preferences are and I would say if we want more hardcore games on Wii this is a MAJOR testing ground for this. I dont know if you guys realise that Third party devs main justification for turning a blind eye on Wii is that it wont sell well on Wii.No More Heroes could easily change this view but there are too many people who will not broaden their horizens. This is a cult game and does have narrowed crowd, but thats only because there is so much ambiguity in teh VG industry that anythuing out of the ordinary is generally ignored.

The_Pig_Hostage

No offense, but I am really sick of hearing that. The game isn't even out yet, and we have people practically telling us that it's our duty as Wii owners to buy it. It's ridiculous... you don't even know how good it's actually going to be, and I doubt that other developers are out there holding their breath just to see if this game sells. "Well, the Wii is the best-selling system on the market, but let's only develop for it if this one particular beat-em-up is a success!"

Now, I could see some logic to suggesting that good sales for something like Zack and Wiki could send a message because it truly IS something out of the ordinary, doing something original with the Wii's capabilities(plus, we actually know that's it good, since it's actually out already). But No More Heroes looks like just a beat-em-up with a few waggle controls added-in. That's been done a million times already - the only things setting this one apart are the blood and the attitude. (and maybe the quality - but we don't know that yet, so don't act like it's a given) And I don't think some wrestling moves, weapons upgrades, or motorcycle races qualify this as something particularly original, inventive, or risktaking.

I just wish people would stop acting like this game is so important- that, as Wii owners, we're all supposed to buy it, lest the Wii forever suffer from a derth of quality third-party titles. That's just hype, and it's really annoying.

First things first, chill out no need for such an aggravated tone.

Second of all People are so emphatic about this because there are not of games like this on the Wii. People want more games in this style and quality (japanese reviewers have given it 9s and 8s). Maybe you dont care about how third party developers make their games on Wii but other people dont just want Raymen Raving Rabbids andcheap arcade racing ripoffs. This is the sort of game that will change that view for devs whether its logical or not. Publishers constantly make decisions that are not logical.

I never saidsome wrestling moves, weapons upgrades, or motorcycle races qualify as something particularly original, inventive, or risktaking, I said that it would break of the gameplay.

If you would look at the situation you would realise people who are worried about the success for thisgame have a point. Look at the the third party games coming to wii and tell me thats not troubling. If more games like Zak and Wiki, MoH: H2 and No MOre Heroes sold better there would be more games in that fasion with even more quality and attention. Developers are not gonna start making these games until we buy them.

the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

The_Pig_Hostage

I don't think you "get" it.

Anyway, Although I think the game looks awesome, and I will definately buy it, I think all these "Buy ______ Campaigns" are stupid.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
I will get it. Yeah the gameplay looks repetitive but the wiimote keeps things fresh imo. Different wiimote stances for different combos, finishing wiimote movements moves, wrestling moves and the waggle to recharge. I'm interested in the story too.
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The_Pig_Hostage
[QUOTE="The_Pig_Hostage"][QUOTE="Hyrule-master"]

Hyrule-master

Second of all People are so emphatic about this because there are not of games like this on the Wii. People want more games in this style and quality (japanese reviewers have given it 9s and 8s). Maybe you dont care about how third party developers make their games on Wii but other people dont just want Raymen Raving Rabbids andcheap arcade racing ripoffs. This is the sort of game that will change that view for devs whether its logical or not. Publishers constantly make decisions that are not logical.

I never saidsome wrestling moves, weapons upgrades, or motorcycle races qualify as something particularly original, inventive, or risktaking, I said that it would break of the gameplay.

If you would look at the situation you would realise people who are worried about the success for thisgame have a point. Look at the the third party games coming to wii and tell me thats not troubling. If more games like Zak and Wiki, MoH: H2 and No MOre Heroes sold better there would be more games in that fasion with even more quality and attention. Developers are not gonna start making these games until we buy them.

Well, that's all well and good if it comes out and turns out to be extraordinary (though I probably still won't buy it because its attitude rubs me the wrong way), but for now it's just hype.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

You save by sitting on the toilet, its a generic beat em up with lacking style, and no originality and because its on the Wii will have little interactivity and at some point they will have crappy motion controlled things to do, if not all the time.-shmelo-

WOW you know nothing about the game. Did you say no style? wow this game oozes style and originality with story and the characters. Also you dont use motion control alot only for the finsing blow. Next time noob do your reasearch and you wont be owned.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
If I have cash on me I will. (Wow so much hate for this game. Wth? :?)
Androu1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Androu1
Member since 2006 • 513 Posts

I think the game looks interesting.Like,some kind of GTA with swords or something like that.I should get it when it comes out.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

Ok the main character is based of Johnny Knoxville yes. He uses a sword, but also uses wrestling moves and stuff like suplex (RE4?) so I don't think this will just be a flick the Wii remote type of game. Also the game also has some GTA style in it.

If it's better than Killer7 than ill get it.

Morello964

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Morello964
Member since 2007 • 140 Posts
I'm not going to buy this because it looks unfinished/unpolished and from what I've read from people that posted that have played the *** release. It looked cool, but they failed on the little things (filling the overworld with people and life?). Besides, Zack and Wiki is a great game and no one bought that. Make another buy campaign for that, it obviously didn't work the first however many times.
conman12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 conman12345
Member since 2007 • 121 Posts
hell yeah im going to buy it. This game looks awesome.
TopBossUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TopBossUltra
Member since 2006 • 144 Posts
I rarely buy games unless they are recommended by someone/a few people I trust, or they look interesting and get really solid reviews. If No More Heroes gets really nice reviews I'll probably buy it. I'll probably rent it at some point anyway unless the reviews are just that bad...
morpheus_mb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 morpheus_mb
Member since 2003 • 37 Posts
im definetly buying this game and ssbb. but for u guys who hate on it call it a generic beat em up. it's not in anyway the whole premise of the game and the creator was to create something entirely different and if u can't see pass the gaming molds that have been set on you then you're a fool. i've personally seen this game in action and it's incredible like nothing you played b4 maybe fragments from a few good games but that just makes it better. if u guys continue to hate type no more heroes in youtube and see the boss battles. you'll understand.
GameOverKayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GameOverKayo
Member since 2007 • 471 Posts
We got the butchered and censored version in Europe. I was really looking forward to this game, but now there is no chance of me getting it if they wont uncensor it (which probably wont happen). Nice way to screw Europe oooonce again!
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts
Ive got some doubts about it. It looks awesome and all, but theres this unshakeable feeling that it wont meet the hype and will just be anotehr poorly made game. However i will still buy it despite wat the reviews say.
set101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 set101
Member since 2005 • 452 Posts

I'm annoyed how it's been censored in PAL. To be honest, I'm surprised how annoyed I am. Maybe it's because PAL always gets it crap when the Wii is concerned. Metroid was 3 months late, Zack and Wiki's not even out yet, and Brawl may be delayed for months. To me it's almost the final straw with No More Heroes. I'll still definately buy it though, to support the devs, and to support mature games being made on the Wii.

blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 blingchu55
Member since 2007 • 3098 Posts
It looks like it may be worth buying, but I'm probably gonna get SSBB and Harvest Moon instead.
Hyrule-master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Hyrule-master
[QUOTE="Hyrule-master"][QUOTE="The_Pig_Hostage"][QUOTE="Hyrule-master"]

The_Pig_Hostage

Well, that's all well and good if it comes out and turns out to be extraordinary (though I probably still won't buy it because its attitude rubs me the wrong way), but for now it's just hype.

yes because every game has to be extraordinary to merit a purchase?????? No.

The game looks like 8.0 range and for good reasons. Either way its worth paying attention to because its one of the most dedicated third party games out for wii, unfortunately. If you want them to push beyond this quality then you have to show them, again unfortunately.

chato909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 chato909
becuase it looks like a beast of a game and is said a sequel or another hard core game
chato909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 chato909
[QUOTE="Hyrule-master"]

The_Pig_Hostage

DId i ever said you have to buy it?

I DIDN't and people are entitled to have their own opinions, if they think its goin to be great

then let them beleive, i mean is SSBB out, no, yet everybody (including me and i am sure yourself) thinks its going to be great

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

The reason I don't think this looks good is because, from all the videos I've seen there are like 3 different dying animations, cut in half, cut off head and stab while onthe floor, that's one thing turning me off at the moment.

Also I don't particularly like sword fighting games, now you may say you probably just haven't played good ones, but I have I've played most of the high scoring ones, like Devil May Cry, and while they are fun for one play through they don't have much replay value.

I have nothing against they may be amazing but of the fighting 3rd person games I've played they have all been rubbish (excluding the Godfather which got the hand to hand down perfectly) and last thing I heard isn't it hold A and slash to do a sword slash? Doesn't sound intuitive or fun to me. I probably won't buy a sword fighting game on Wii unless it has near 1 to 1 sword control.

Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts
I don't think people realize the story is the main point of this game.
monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts
it looks really fun so i'm buying it... definitly original
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
I don't think people realize the story is the main point of this game.Fredrick2003x
Not to me.
remblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 remblade
Member since 2003 • 537 Posts

I'm looking forward to this game. I think Killer 7 was great because it was unique and different. This game looks the same. Travis reminds me of Gene from Godhand, in where he just says what you're thinking. At least that's how I see it.

xxn30warriorxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 xxn30warriorxx
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts
I will definitely picking this up the day it comes out. The graphics are amazing and the game play looks superb. And I for one will be supporting all the minors out there and picking it up for them since it is a "m" rated game!!!