Brawl > Melee

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

brawl has more balanced gameplay, a much larger roster of characters.  and most importantly, it isn't heavily skewed toward fast lightweight characters as melee was.  i think brawl gets way too much criticism.  for example, metaknight is overpowered, but he's still tame compared to the gameplay imbalances of most fighters.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts
But I still can't agree with the online ability.some parts from SSBB gave me its addiction,for example,a photo-op,that alone can make a good time spender
drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 drekula2

But I still can't agree with the online ability.some parts from SSBB gave me its addiction,for example,a photo-op,that alone can make a good time spenderSmashbrossive50

agree.  the online is perfunctory.  and i hope they fix that in the next one

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts
I can't see why not,despite the rumors about the WiiU's poor sales,it will be a miracle if it works better than never
kabalzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 kabalzer0
Member since 2010 • 302 Posts

brawl has more balanced gameplay, a much larger roster of characters.  and most importantly, it isn't heavily skewed toward fast lightweight characters as melee was.  i think brawl gets way too much criticism.  for example, metaknight is overpowered, but he's still tame compared to the gameplay imbalances of most fighters.

drekula2

Tell that someone who played in the EVO finals... he will point at you while laughing his ass off.

the tripping alone makes it worse than Melee. And what do you mean with gameplay imbalances of most fighters? WTF? Street Fighter 4 is way better balanced than any Smash Bros game. same is true for KoFXIII.

there are many cash in fighters noone cares about that are unbalanced but they really do not count since noone really plays them because they are so badly balanced. Its a wonder that MK9 and Injustice even made it into EVO... well now that i think about it xD Warner Bros sponsored the event... so no wonder they were ther xD because both are no ProGamer material.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

competetively its worse....watching people try and play brawl competetively is a bit funny to me.

but i love playing brawl online with randoms....for me the lag is not bad.

if melee had online then i could give you a fairer comparison.

but as is...i have had more fun with brawl.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#7 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I had more fun with Brawl than I did with Melee.

I honestly couldn't care less about how the irregular balance between characters ruins it competitively. All I know it's still a great game to play with friends.

linkdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 linkdarkside
Member since 2003 • 6279 Posts

yeah i prefered Brawl over Melee ,the real reason the melee fan hate it because their favorite character got nerfed and tripping.

they also complain about not having wavedashing but that was a glitch in the first place and never was ment to be used.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

Brawl is better in every way. Alot more content, more collectables, more characters, more stages etc. It's just that alot of people prefer the mechanics of Melee. It has a more competitive nature as opposed to Brawl's streamlined approach.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 drekula2

[QUOTE="drekula2"]

kabalzer0

Tell that someone who played in the EVO finals... he will point at you while laughing his ass off.

the tripping alone makes it worse than Melee. And what do you mean with gameplay imbalances of most fighters? WTF? Street Fighter 4 is way better balanced than any Smash Bros game. same is true for KoFXIII.

there are many cash in fighters noone cares about that are unbalanced but they really do not count since noone really plays them because they are so badly balanced. Its a wonder that MK9 and Injustice even made it into EVO... well now that i think about it xD Warner Bros sponsored the event... so no wonder they were ther xD because both are no ProGamer material.

tripping is more objectively objectionable.  but wavedashing is more consequential.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#11 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

I also think SSB: Brawl is better.  I don't care for competitive play.  I think the proper way to play SSB is to get a ton of people in a room together and just take turns playing.  It's a blast and just way too fun.  I loved Melee for that reason too, but Brawl was just as good.  It's fun to get people in a room and play and that's all Brawl needs to do for it to be awesome.

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts
I love Brawl too. But Melee will always have a special place in my heart.
conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

Brawl was better for casuals I think, due to the floatier, slower gameplay. Melee was more hardcore and competetive, because of how fast it was. Because of this, I prefer Melee over Brawl any day, unless I feel like playing as Olimar or Diddy.

Unless they make the mechanics in this fourth smash as fast and competetive as Melee's, it sadly won't compare IMO. It makes me wonder why they can't have a turbo setting for Melee fans

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

I liked Brawl better myself as well.

Unless they make the mechanics in this fourth smash as fast and competetive as Melee's, it sadly won't compare IMO. It makes me wonder why they can't have a turbo setting for Melee fansconkertheking1

They said the speed will be between both Melee's and Brawl's to appeal to both crowds.

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
I gotta agree. Brawl is essentially better than Melee in every way. More characters with less copy clones, more balanced, better and more items, more game modes, a true single player story mode and better graphics. Brawl is probably my favorite game of all time. I love Melee as well, but the game was completely skewed to fast characters. Really its a much better and tripping is not even a huge problem. It barely affects the game, and doesn't occur very often. Some parts of Melee's quicker gameplay I like, but I've also noticed its easy to have a lucky kill. Melee its easier to take a guy out even if he doesn't have too much damage given to him. In Brawl its about damaging your guy until its a sure smash kill, and I have had a lot less unlucky deaths in Brawl.
SuperMoover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SuperMoover
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Brawl is Sakurai's worst creation. Melee is his best work.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I prefer the slower pace of Brawl.
RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#18 RatedSTARZ
Member since 2013 • 400 Posts

As much as I love Brawl, Melee will always be my preferred Smash Bros game :). Everything just felt more fast paced, and everyone in the game seemed to pack a punch when it came to attacks.