Bought A 3DS Yesterday for one game....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xtatic324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Xtatic324
Member since 2003 • 1340 Posts

Zelda Ocarina Of Time 3D. CANT WAIT! Two more weeks! wooooooo!

The 3D effects are cool. I tried the AR Card thing, and was impressed. I didn't know the 3DS was this good. I'm excited for June 6th when the store comes out. I want to play Zelda A Link to the Past for a bit till Ocarina comes out. Hopefully they will have it at the store.

Currently playing Pokemon on it. I actually bought a DSi XL for it two weeks before 3Ds came out. Wasn't interested in it at all, but when I saw that they were coming out with a remake to Ocarina, I decided to trade it in and LA Noire, which bored me to death for a 3Ds.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
thats cool kinda odd to buy a system off one game but i did it when i bought the wii for no more heroes
RoadWarriorX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 RoadWarriorX
Member since 2008 • 44 Posts

i think that buying a nintendo 3ds will totally be worth it to play legend of zelda even if you have to wait a bit

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

The 3D effects are cool. I tried the AR Card thing, and was impressed. I didn't know the 3DS was this good. I'm excited for June 6th when the store comes out. I want to play Zelda A Link to the Past for a bit till Ocarina comes out. Hopefully they will have it at the store.

Currently playing Pokemon on it. I actually bought a DSi XL for it two weeks before 3Ds came out. Wasn't interested in it at all, but when I saw that they were coming out with a remake to Ocarina, I decided to trade it in and LA Noire, which bored me to death for a 3Ds.

Xtatic324

I don't think Link to the Past is launching with the eshop, in the US atleast, will probably come soon though...

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 elbert_b_23

[QUOTE="Xtatic324"]

ACL0V3R

I don't think Link to the Past is launching with the eshop, in the US atleast, will probably come soon though...

it wont be nintendo given the launch games no region is getting any zelda game at launch also nintendo doesn't seem to want to put on snes games only games from handheld systems
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
[QUOTE="ACL0V3R"]

[QUOTE="Xtatic324"]

elbert_b_23

it wont be nintendo given the launch games no region is getting any zelda game at launch also nintendo doesn't seem to want to put on snes games only games from handheld systems

That isn't true at all. The eShop is launching with a free version of Excitebike, an NES game. There have been some NES and SNES games hinted at for release in 3D as well. But primarily the focus is on Gameboy and Gameboy color games.
iAmAbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 iAmAbel
Member since 2011 • 860 Posts

Good job nel.

Everyone got it for Oot

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 elbert_b_23
Excitebike 3d is a special 3d version made for the 3ds so it not the nes version
Xtatic324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Xtatic324

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"][QUOTE="ACL0V3R"]

Ovirew

That isn't true at all. The eShop is launching with a free version of Excitebike, an NES game. There have been some NES and SNES games hinted at for release in 3D as well. But primarily the focus is on Gameboy and Gameboy color games.

I hope one of those Snes games is A Link to the Past. I bought it on the Wii and played it for many hours and beat it. I always loved that game when I was younger. It was my favorite Zelda game. I never beat Ocarina Of Time. I bought it for the Wii as well. It was very challenging because I wasn't used to playing Zelda with those graphics. I never got into many other Zelda games after that. I remember I bought twilight princess for the Wii and played that for a bit. I'm just very excited at getting Ocarina since I never beat it and most people say it's the greatest game of all time. To play it with updated graphics and sounds.. it's going to be awesome. This time, i'm going to beat it though, for sure.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

does anyone know if they're selling like Eshop cards to use (kinda like giftcards just for the Eshop) at like Gamestop?

Xtatic324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Xtatic324

does anyone know if they're selling like Eshop cards to use (kinda like giftcards just for the Eshop) at like Gamestop?

killerband55

Good question... Nothing would be better than to call right?

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 elbert_b_23

killerband55
they will have them i have seen them my local gs got them early last week and was going to start selling them but i guess they weren't aloud to so they put them in the back room
FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
I would definetely by a 3DS just for ocarina of time 3d.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

And what's here to discuss? Blog it? Anyway, it's kinda sad you just bought it for a port you can get the original and the console pretty cheap :S

deleterguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deleterguy
Member since 2005 • 1827 Posts

And what's here to discuss? Blog it? Anyway, it's kinda sad you just bought it for a port you can get the original and the console pretty cheap :S

ArchoNils2
Why is it sad, I'm buying it for the same reason?
DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

killerband55

When I went to my GameStop on Tuesday to pick up my 3DS they had e-Shop cards for sale.

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

They will be adding some old games to the eShop in the form of 3D classics which are reworked to run in 3D and have some improvements. No SNES games have been announced (although a few tech demos were shown at E3). Miyamoto did state that he if he did another remake for the 3DS it might be A Link To the Past so it might happen at some point. This could end up being a retail game like Ocarina of Time, instead of a download game. There are no SNES games launching with eShop though, that is confirmed, so if this does happen it will be a while. Also don't expect many SNES games on the eShop period. For that you'll have to use a Wii.

fablesway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fablesway
Member since 2011 • 23504 Posts

That was the exact same reason why i bought my 3DS can't wait for zelda Ocarina of Time

Xtatic324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xtatic324

ArchoNils2

Well, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who bought it just for Ocarina Of Time. It IS considered the greatest game of all time. :D

DGonlag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DGonlag
Member since 2009 • 834 Posts

ArchoNils2

Nonsens. It's a remake, an improved version. Better controls, visuals and more. 3DS is the newest generation and will play the newest games. You can also use the virtual console to play older games.

I can only see advantages, even though it might be a bit more expensive.

I didn't buy the console for OOT, but OOT was the main reason i bought it this early. It's just a great game. Can't wait.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Is never a good idea to buy a system for ONE game.
mcnabb_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mcnabb_2007
Member since 2008 • 77 Posts

you know why they call it the 3ds? because you already own 3 copies of every game they release on it! JK im a huge nintendo fanboy and last year i randomly picked up a nintendo power and was in awe over all of the games that were going to be on it.. mario starfox zelda animal crossing paper mario kingdom hearts then i got my 3ds when it launched.........and only oot and starfox are in sight... and i already own them. not bashing ninty or anything i love them but the past few years i have been left disapointed, Im just making sure i dont make the same mistake i did with the wii. which was freaking out about how cool i thought it was and then buying ton of crap games for fiftey bucks a pop.

p.s- nintendos e3 will be the best one in a decade i would bet on it

en-bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 en-bit
Member since 2011 • 100 Posts

Nice pick!

Still, there are a lot of games coming to the 3DS that worth check out.

Xtatic324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Xtatic324

Is never a good idea to buy a system for ONE game.Rod90

Well... it all depends. I had bought a Ps3 at first JUST for Metal Gear Solid.. which I loved, but now I see theres more to the system which I like. I sometimes prefer to buy a game on PS3 than 360 for its blu ray discs. Like Final Fantasy.

Ocarina of Time is the one game that I wanted really bad. That's why I bought the system.. If more great games come out, then I will get them.. but as of right now.. Zelda "WAS" the only reason why I bought a 3DS.

dan0314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dan0314
Member since 2011 • 658 Posts
It's not even a port... it's a complete remake.
DustinTheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DustinTheWind
Member since 2002 • 4392 Posts

Excitebike 3d is a special 3d version made for the 3ds so it not the nes versionelbert_b_23

It's the NES Excitebike, only with 3D effect and some changes to track editor.

"Excitebike is the first in a series of games called 3D ****cs where ****c Nintendo games get a 3D update to take advantage of the system's 3D display capabilities. Additionally, while the game remains largely unchanged (aside from the 3D), some changes have been made to the track editor, and there will be opportunities to share tracks with other users. Otherwise, it's pretty much just Excitebike, but with a slight 3D effect."

DustinTheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DustinTheWind
Member since 2002 • 4392 Posts

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]Excitebike 3d is a special 3d version made for the 3ds so it not the nes versionDustinTheWind

It's the NES Excitebike, only with 3D effect and some changes to track editor.

"Excitebike is the first in a series of games called 3D ****cs where ****c Nintendo games get a 3D update to take advantage of the system's 3D display capabilities. Additionally, while the game remains largely unchanged (aside from the 3D), some changes have been made to the track editor, and there will be opportunities to share tracks with other users. Otherwise, it's pretty much just Excitebike, but with a slight 3D effect."

I guess you can't say cl@ssics? Wtf? Ass?