This topic is locked from further discussion.

*lukeronioso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 *lukeronioso
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
i havnt been playing much lately. what do you guy think are the best RPGs for the DS.
Uchiha_Sasuke1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Uchiha_Sasuke1
Member since 2002 • 1636 Posts
final fantasy III so far for me
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#3 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
Mario and Luigi Partners in Time
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time and Pokemon Pearl.
Lafuigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lafuigi
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts
as boring as FF3may be at times, its the best rpg on the DS for hardcore fans. But if you should just be safe and get diamond or pearl.
J-J-J-JayMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 J-J-J-JayMan
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts
In my opinion i would say Dragon Quest Monster Joker, it's just so addictive and customizeable.
RaymondIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RaymondIV
Member since 2005 • 316 Posts
Do we consider Zeldato be an RPG? Then that would be my vote. :)
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Final Fantasy III, and Final Fantasy XII RW
Quarterlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Quarterlife
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts
i think final fantasy so far for me
Tokyo512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tokyo512
Member since 2007 • 1207 Posts
There aren't really that many out as of now. But soon we'll get great ones such as FFIV, almost any DQ, ASH, Tales of Innocence(I hope).
hector_belmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hector_belmont
Member since 2005 • 71 Posts
Final Fantasy III and Final Fantasy XII RW
OniStrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 OniStrat
Member since 2003 • 1800 Posts

To be honest, I think there's really are no great RPG games on the DS. There are many RPG games but none of them are better than OK.

Square Enix is just spitting out junk on the DS. Final Fantasy III? Come on. You can do better.

Chaos332

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chaos332
Member since 2007 • 55 Posts
I say Final Fantasy III
Avatar image for Swordmaster4240
Swordmaster4240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Swordmaster4240
Member since 2007 • 375 Posts
Final Fantasy III & IV
sinsalaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sinsalaca
Member since 2005 • 1070 Posts

Final Fantasy III, and Final Fantasy XII RWWSGRandomPerson

Would either be a decent pickup if someone like myself has no real prior knowledge of FF? I have been looking for an RPG to spend soem time on with my DS. I had been looking at possibly giving FF3 a try now that the price has dropped, but I am hesitent because of not havig played many FF games in the past few years. The other reason I am hesitent about FF12 is that i am not a big RTS nut and fear that since with not having much experince with RTS that I would not enjoy FF12.

ricothehat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 ricothehat
Member since 2006 • 404 Posts
The best games are always the ones that aren't out yet. As far as purchasable RPGs, Contact is my favorite, and maybe four other people's. Rune Factory if you like to farm as well as fight. Etrian Odyssey seems like it was a bit of a sleeper, not for everyone, you know? And then FFIII, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl obviously. Puzzle Quest had a different spin and was super addictive for me. Hmmm...It all depends on what sort of RPG you want, really.
KKsliderr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KKsliderr
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts
is animal crossing: wild world RPG? if it isnt, i would say pokemon pearl.
rpgmadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#18 rpgmadboy
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
Hmm i would have to say tales of innocence. It is soo amazing. and brilliant story. shame it will never see the light in U.S and Europe. this makes me sad. I am also enjoying luminous arc. Oh and if zelda PH counts then its definetly one of ma favourites. I can't wait for FF4 XD
jon181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jon181
Member since 2006 • 127 Posts
The world ends with you is an awesome game that can not be looked past it uses the DS to it's full capacity.
kingkui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 kingkui
Member since 2008 • 883 Posts
The World Ends With You is the best RPG, and best DS game out there.
-Sigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -Sigil-
Member since 2008 • 556 Posts
Tales of Innoscence, Dragon Quest IV, and Soma Bringer. Ive played them all, and theyre fantastic.
Killermonkey97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#22 Killermonkey97
Member since 2005 • 2120 Posts
I don't consider Zelda an RPG (if I did it would be the best though), but I think The World Ends With You is the best, Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time being quite close. It's an innovative and successful take on an RPG in my opinion.
Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
The World Ends with You is the best RPG on the DS.
Sacred-Snow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sacred-Snow
Member since 2006 • 675 Posts
Final fantasy III
Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts

To be honest, I think there's really are no great RPG games on the DS. There are many RPG games but none of them are better than OK.

Square Enix is just spitting out junk on the DS. Final Fantasy III? Come on. You can do better.

OniStrat

how about TWEWY, and also Sigma Harmonics(not released yet, but is looking very promising)

as for the topic:

its TWEWY hands down, I think the only RPG that has a chance of topping it is DQ IX and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days(although the chances of besting TWEWY are slim)

Yoshi_Kirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Yoshi_Kirby
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts

OniStrat

You're joking, right? How is Final Fantasy III "junk"? Because it's an old-school RPG? And what other "junk" has SE been spitting out?

myols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 myols
Member since 2007 • 519 Posts

Although they aren't full out RPG's, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow are great games. It is an Adventure game, with elements of platformers and RPG's in the mix. Everyone else has mentioned obvious ones like FFIII and Zelda (even though Adventure aspects > RPG aspects in terms of the whole game), and The World Ends With You.

We're also due in for more RPG's within the year, with titles such as FFIV and Disgaea DS among others.

If you're into SRPG's, Front Mission on the DS is perfect. It isn't for everybody, but it certainly is a franchise that flies under the radar. Worth a look into if you love SRPG's and customization.

Avatar image for nintendo_warrio
nintendo_warrio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nintendo_warrio
Member since 2007 • 21608 Posts
For me the best so far(that i own) are Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings and Pokemon Diamond.
wiretoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wiretoss
Member since 2006 • 3030 Posts
[QUOTE="OniStrat"]

Yoshi_Kirby

You're joking, right? How is Final Fantasy III "junk"? Because it's an old-school RPG? And what other "junk" has SE been spitting out?

Square Enix has been spitting out remakes left and right. First it was FF III. Now it's FF IV. FF V later on. Basically every DQ is being re-released for the DS. They are out of control.

Now to talk about TWEWY, I agree that it's a good game. But in no way is it the "best." Unbearably repetitive battles isn't my favorite. Although the aspect of the game where certain brands of clothing give you boosts was nice, it was so much of a hassle to keep changing my damn equipment everytime I turned the corner.

It was very reminiscent of KH: Chain of Memories. That's what I felt like I was playing all over again. Nice presentation, nice story, nice ideas, mediocre gameplay.

myols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 myols
Member since 2007 • 519 Posts

Square Enix relies on remakes nowadays, except when they get together to make a new game the odd time (such as TWEWY). I've talked about it before in other threads, but porting and remaking a game numerous times is uncalled for. There can be a positive, such as players might get a chance to play it on their console/handheld as it was on others previously. For example, I never played the original Final Fantasys. I got to play the remakes of 1, 2, 5, and 6 on the GBA. That was a nice treat. Now I get to play FFIV on the DS and I already have FFIII. Although that is the positive, I will agree that it is mindless to keep producing versions of a game when you're (the company) is only releasing new titles occasionally.

An example of the occasional release is TWEWY, one of the best RPG's on the DS curently. imagine what SquareEnix could do it they focused on new titles for the DS and other consoles. They certainly would see more of their games being listed on best rpg lists.

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts
[QUOTE="Yoshi_Kirby"][QUOTE="OniStrat"]

wiretoss

Square Enix has been spitting out remakes left and right. First it was FF III. Now it's FF IV. FF V later on. Basically every DQ is being re-released for the DS. They are out of control.

Now to talk about TWEWY, I agree that it's a good game. But in no way is it the "best." Unbearably repetitive battles isn't my favorite. Although the aspect of the game where certain brands of clothing give you boosts was nice, it was so much of a hassle to keep changing my damn equipment everytime I turned the corner.

It was very reminiscent of KH: Chain of Memories. That's what I felt like I was playing all over again. Nice presentation, nice story, nice ideas, mediocre gameplay.

well, thats your opinion

Crazy_El

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Crazy_El
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hey i am new

you Say that Pokemon pearl is the best well i am a Pokemon lover 2

i have a D's something like 3 mouths know and yes i wanna ask you how sweet or Pokemon pearl is and of is there no Pokemon game with all 3 island

Crazy_El

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Crazy_El
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Hey i never play final fantasy on ds but only on game it is a night mare
vatterott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 vatterott
Member since 2006 • 1842 Posts
Pokemon for sure.
death_godlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 death_godlet
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts

Mmm... IMHO, TWEWY is a good enough RPG. it satiated me and I was whining that there weren't enough for the DS. FF3 was nice, too. I miss turn based RPG games. Definitely looking forward to FF4. I must agree with a few posters before me. I wish SE would focus on making NEW games rather than bringing us remakes of old ones or needless sequels. I'm happy they came up with TWEWY (and disagreeing with another poster, this was NOTHING like Chain. The battle system's completely different.) and I'm looking forward to seeing imports of Soma Bringer.

Getting back on topic:

Best RPG for me at the moment is TWEWY and Summon Night: Twin Age.

Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts
Well, the only RPGs I own on the DS are Animal Crossing, Pokemon Diamond and Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker. They're all pretty good, I'd give them a try if you haven't already. Also, try Rune Factory, it's a pretty good, especially if you're into slower paced affairs that'll last you longer.
ken8659

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 ken8659
Member since 2005 • 942 Posts

i think mario and luigi partners in time or zelda phatom hour glass and pokemon diamond is not bad too

Solid_Snake24k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Solid_Snake24k
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts
final fantasy 3 was boring if you've played any of the snes instalments of ff. i would say get gba games such as golden sun, FF6, and one the 1st 3 megaman battle network games. (the first 3 were cool)
WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#39 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts
I'm going to go against the grain here and admit I enjoyed Etrian Odyssey more than FF III and Partners in Time, although I have yet to play TWEWY. It had a swift pace, as the basic graphics allowed, challenging, and a lot of customization options were available; the mapping system was cool as well. It didn't have the highest budget or most impressive presentation, but when it came right down to it the gameplay was just excellent, if generic.