trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

There are some amazing Nindie games, which serve as a great third party solution for the Switch. I thought it'd be fun to pit them against each other. Which one is your favourite?

To jog your memory, here are some of the best (imo):

• Shovel Knight (and its DLC)
  • Hollow Knight
  • Celeste
  • Steamworld Dig 1, 2 or Heist
  • Stardew Valley

Which one do you like best?

There are other great Nindies, like Golf Story, Fast RMX, Snake Pass, Dandara, Axiom Verge, etc. But I think the ones I listed above are considered top tier masterpiece level.

Personally, I think I might be leaning towards Hollow Knight. It's incredibly engaging, looks great, and most importantly well designed.

"Nindie" may be ill defined, but I'll just leave that up to you to decide.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34618 Posts

I've yet to play the Steamworld games (not very interested) and Celeste (will play sometime), but I've played most of the others. Stardew Valley is good, but I got too annoyed by the days being so short. I always felt like I was in a hurry, and that really sucks in a game like that. If the days were longer, maybe twice or 3 times as long, I'd probably love it.

My vote goes to Hollow Knight. Damn game is awesome. Graphics, sound, gameplay, level design, story, I love everything about it.

My second favourite is probably Snake Pass. For some reason, I really enjoyed that game. Would love a sequel.

Shovel Knight is awesome, and so is Axiom Verge, but I've played those on other platforms already.