Best and worst DS games so far?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bob8hiscow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 bob8hiscow
Member since 2008 • 193 Posts

For all of you who've owned a DS for a little while and have played a couple of games, what's your favorite game (& why), and what's your least favorite game (you guessed it: & why)?

Mine- I just got a DS about a month ago, and being a Pokemon fan (since the Red & Blue first came out), I'm gonna say Diamond is my favorite game so far. It's just the nostalgia of continuing to be a fan. My least favorite is The World Ends with You. I just can't get into the winey teen character. The game just seems too emo for me.

colombian_713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 colombian_713
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts

my best game has to be between zelda or mario kart. zelda was just a great overall game and nothing beats mario kart online

i thing the worst game for me has to be animal crossing. i heard great things about the game before i bought it but once i started playing it i got really bored with it maybe if i was like 10 years old i would feel different about the game

ironbat25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#3 ironbat25
Member since 2008 • 444 Posts

My favorite is pokemon d/p beacuse ive alway loved the pokemon games since the gameboy games.

My least favorie is pokemon dash I rented it becuse I wanted to play raceing game on the ds and pokemon dash controls were very bad to me but the graphics were good to me.

Toon_Link87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Toon_Link87
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts
The best game in my opinion is Advance Wars Duel Strike, that game was just very addictive and fun. The worst DS game I played was Need For Speed Most Wanted, it was ok but not worth the 20 dollars I spent on it.
Nehine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Nehine
Member since 2005 • 91 Posts

castlevania (if i had to pick one - dawn of sorrow) would be my favourite. i loved the whole item / rpg system they had going. the game was just so much fun in every possible way for me. i loved hunting for weapons and combining souls. once you beat the game and get the chaos ring its totally worth another play through. clubhouse games runs a close 3rd... i play that game so much.......

and my least favourite is zelda omg i hated that game. i would like to know what people liked about that game. i hated how you have 1 shield. and what- like 2 swords? oooooo fun. and nothing like spending countless hours to get boat pieces. WOW.... and they practically handed you everything. oh you beat he high score in the shooting range? here's a whole heart. i'm pretty sure in other zelda games it's been a heart PIECE. nah we'll just make it 4 times easier and give you whole heart pieces at a time. great controls just a horrible zelda game.

RAVEZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 RAVEZero
Member since 2007 • 333 Posts

I'll start with the worst: Scourge. I don't care if I spelled that wrong, the game is a Vertigo-inducing Metroid clone in every way possible. Stay the hell away from this game.

My current fave: The World Ends With You. Yeah, the kid's emo, but you've gotta look at the whole game. There's much to enjoy here, especially the artwork and gameplay; and even the story.

But I'm with you on Diamond, I'm currently training a soon-to-be Lvl. 50 team for a tournament.

gameover119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gameover119
Member since 2008 • 1816 Posts

favorite game is pokemon pearl

worst game new super mario bros. dont noe y but i hate it with a passion

w00tmanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 w00tmanX
Member since 2007 • 86 Posts

I'll never get over the day my friend lent me that spiteful piece of rubbish... King Kong, the Official Game of the Movie. Pitiful, disgusting waste of a cartridge.

My favorite? Possibly Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. Great RPG, very addictive. I'm on my third playthrough. Phoenix Wright was also a hit for me... brilliant game. Metroid: Prime Hunters and Children of Mana have great multiplayer (IMO)Metroid: Prime Hunters and Children of Mana, but they're not really my favorites.

Yeh.

TehReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TehReaper
Member since 2006 • 758 Posts
the whole phoenix wright series is ma fav XD my least fav...would have to be feel the magic...that game drove me crazy lol
Darkrush000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Darkrush000
Member since 2008 • 271 Posts

My fav is, by far, Jump Ultimate Stars. A delightful blend of SSB and mangas!

My worst game is...Eletroplankton. Simple graphics, only a few game modes and nothing to do.

slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts

Worst: Iron Man (I've only tried a DS demo of this game and it was terrible)

Best: Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

vanderbruggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 vanderbruggen
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

The best game: I would say animal crossing wild world. It's a lot of fun and you could end up playing it for a very long time.

Worst game: hmm...all my games are pretty good...but super mario 64 ds, was a bit disappointing.

CloudStrife645

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 CloudStrife645
Member since 2008 • 122 Posts

My favorite: Zelda PH it was very fun and all with great controls but too easy

My most hated: All of my ds games so far have been pretty good I'd probably say Brain Age because once you unlock everything which is very easy to do you just do the same thing over and over again and once you finish all the sudoku same thing over and over again and brain age tests once you hit 20 over and over again Its fun while it lasts which isnt very long

diped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 diped
Member since 2008 • 2005 Posts

My fav is, by far, Jump Ultimate Stars. A delightful blend of SSB and mangas!

My worst game is...Eletroplankton. Simple graphics, only a few game modes and nothing to do.

Darkrush000
what this guy said.
Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
Favorite: Animal Crossing
Least Favorite: Yoshi Touch & Go?
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Worst game: hmm...all my games are pretty good...but super mario 64 ds, was a bit disappointing.

vanderbruggen

How so?

kokosoko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17 kokosoko
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts

Favourite so far: Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass

Least favourite: Spectrobes

klidron02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 klidron02
Member since 2008 • 454 Posts

Favorite: Zelda: PH

Least Favorite: pokemon Trozei. It isn't that Trozei's a bad game, it's just the least fun I've played.

vatterott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 vatterott
Member since 2006 • 1842 Posts

My favorites are Dual Strike, Mario Kart, and Phantom Hourglass. Each is awesome.

I hated Brothers in Arms DS. So disapponting.

Jesse-Fett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 Jesse-Fett
Member since 2007 • 558 Posts
Best game ...Hmm its hard to decide. Either Orcs and Elves, or Lego Star Wars. Cause they have great replayability, and with lsw, the most important thing when it comes to games for me, The Fetts

My worst games Godzilla Unleash... cause, well go rent it and see for your self, its just a lame side scroller with no purpose, bairly no monster fighting at all. Godzilla and mothra team up? like hell that woud ever happen!
pinkyoshi1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pinkyoshi1993
Member since 2007 • 270 Posts

my best game has to be between zelda or mario kart. zelda was just a great overall game and nothing beats mario kart online

i thing the worst game for me has to be animal crossing. i heard great things about the game before i bought it but once i started playing it i got really bored with it maybe if i was like 10 years old i would feel different about the game

colombian_713

My favorite ds games are also Zelda and mario kart; i also agree with you that animal crossing is the least favorite, i bought the game recently and i found it really boring.

palooka123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 palooka123
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Ok lets get the bad out of the way first.... ...... the worst game i have is (dont Laugh) Nintendogs Anyway my best game would have to be Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates.

-Fenrir-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -Fenrir-
Member since 2007 • 68 Posts
Best would definately be Zelda PH , its the best game I have played for the DS the graphics and controls are great. The worst would probably have to be Final Fantasy III just for the turn-based battle system. I thought I liked those games(was a big RPG fan) but I guess I have grown out of the slow paced turns...I ended up forcing myself to play and in the end couldn't finish...
halofanatic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 halofanatic12
Member since 2008 • 655 Posts
BEST DS GAME IVE PLAYED IS JUMP ULTIMATE STARS and worse is yoshi touch and go
Jin_923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jin_923
Member since 2006 • 117 Posts

my favorite is probably d/p and apollo justice, apollo justice is simply amazing, the cases have so many plot twist and turn and its suspense and addicting.

my least favorite was FFXII RW. i paid 40$ for that piece of **** and it sucked so bad. it maybe fun for other ppl. but for me. that game is the worse ds game ever

cluelesspug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#26 cluelesspug
Member since 2007 • 3398 Posts

My favorite is Super Mario 64 DS because it brings back good memories, but at the same time offers something new.

My least favorite is definately Iron Man. Thankfully I didn't actually buy the game, I just downloaded it via the Nintendo Channel. When I started to play it, I had my DS turned off within 5 minutes of beginning to play it.

So for ANYONE thinking about buying Iron Man for the DS...DON'T DO IT!!!!!

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts

Best is Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword and least favorite Pokemon Rush

flowerpedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 flowerpedal
Member since 2006 • 570 Posts
The best game I've played so far is probably The World Ends with you
the worst...children of mana...that game was really disappointing.
Avatar image for DarkChrisss1995
DarkChrisss1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 DarkChrisss1995
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts

Worst: Crazy Pig.

Best: Crazy Pig?

I'm confused...

Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

Guilty Gear Dust Strikers is probably the worst fighting game on the DS if it isn't the worst game.

dayzee23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 dayzee23
Member since 2004 • 387 Posts

Best: Zelda Phantom Hourglass

Worst: Who Wants to be a Millionaire? I'm so glad I didn't buy it!!