Aria of Sorrow fail?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cynikal17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Cynikal17
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I recently bought the GBA title Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow to play on my DS. However, when I go to shut down the DS after saving, my saved game is deleted! I've had to start the game from the beginning about five times already! =| From what I've read, I'm not the only person who's had this problem. Does anyone now how to fix this?
Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
Some GBA games use a battery to save data. The battery for the game is probably dead. If that game doesn't use a battery, it's probably a problem with the game chip itself
Cynikal17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cynikal17
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Some GBA games use a battery to save data. The battery for the game is probably dead. If that game doesn't use a battery, it's probably a problem with the game chip itselfSoulreavercross
Oh. Well that sucks -_-. Thanks anyways though.
SiK99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#4 SiK99
Member since 2008 • 1673 Posts

It could be a bootleg. They are known to have battery/save issues. You can check out Nintendo's anti-piracy site here.

http://ap.nintendo.com/detect/photos/platform.jsp?platformId=2&categoryId=0

One of the easiest ways to tell on GBA games is to look at where the game contacts are on the bottom of the cartridge. You should be able to see "Nintendo" written on the inside up toward the middle. Below are pictures with two examples. The top pictures for each game are the fakes, with the bottom pictures are the real games. Notice how on the green part near the gold connectors that it says "Nintendo AGB-####" on the real carts but not the fake.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
Sik99, how do you open the carts to see if the cart is a fake?
SiK99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#6 SiK99
Member since 2008 • 1673 Posts
Sik99, how do you open the carts to see if the cart is a fake?hydralisk86
You don't have to open it to see that writing. You might need a flashlight to look up in there to be able to see it. The 70 or so legit GBA games I have all have the writing. The 5 fake games I ended up with off the Amazon marketplace don't.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
[QUOTE="hydralisk86"]Sik99, how do you open the carts to see if the cart is a fake?SiK99
You don't have to open it to see that writing. You might need a flashlight to look up in there to be able to see it. The 70 or so legit GBA games I have all have the writing. The 5 fake games I ended up with off the Amazon marketplace don't.

Alright, good, that info will help me. I checked my copy of Metroid Fusion, and it does have those letters and numbers.