Anyone's 3DS D-pad being sticky?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 TacoJelly
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts

I've been using my 3DS alot since getting it earlier this month, and I've been playing a lot of the DSi games that I missed out on (Shantae, Cave Story, etc.). Thus I've been using the Dpad a lot, and I've noticed it getting stiff and sticky and making a lot of 'plastic on plastic' noises.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

I've been using my 3DS alot since getting it earlier this month, and I've been playing a lot of the DSi games that I missed out on (Shantae, Cave Story, etc.). Thus I've been using the Dpad a lot, and I've noticed it getting stiff and sticky and making a lot of 'plastic on plastic' noises.

TacoJelly
I don't know about "sticky," but my Dpad is noisy and it doesn't seem to stick out far enough to be comfortable.
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
The D-pad is quite noisy, but it's also poorly placed. There isn't much more they could have done with it, but it's awkward to use as a directional input. As El_Zo1212o says too, it doesn't stick out far enough either. Perhaps its too flat.
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

My D-pad is noisy but it doesn't bother me. It also took me quite a while to notice it, like months. I've used it a lot in DOAD.