Anyone looking forward to Cursed Mountain? (56K)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

Gameplay Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSveNrw1B7A

I think it's coming along quite well, the Wii does need more horror titles and this one just might fill in the void.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
nope. I personally think it will be rubbish. Id rather have a RE2,3,CVmake
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tagyhag
nope. I personally think it will be rubbish. Id rather have a RE2,3,CVmakegarrett_duffman
I'm still waiting on those as well, but I like having a different horror game to help me wait.
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 garrett_duffman
[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]nope. I personally think it will be rubbish. Id rather have a RE2,3,CVmaketagyhag
I'm still waiting on those as well, but I like having a different horror game to help me wait.

I just dont think that it will be nearly as scary as people think it will be. Ive been looking at this game for a while, hoping for it to get better, and from what you've shown me, looks-wise, it has, but I just dont feel that sense of fear that games like Resident Evil or silent hill bring to the table.
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

man, I hate when these developers release these "high res" images, and the game never even looks close to that. Don't friggin' lie to us!!!

I dunno, I would say this game has potential, but that gameplay looks rather clunky/dull to me. What is the the main character shooting at the monk ghosts?

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

I am indeed excoted for this game! But I'm nervous about some of the execution. Mostly the combat tha I've seen footage of of him just shooting a little blast thing from like an ice pick or some arbitrary item. Seems a little shallow. I'm hoping the game has some smarts to go with it's flash.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tagyhag

I am indeed excoted for this game! But I'm nervous about some of the execution. Mostly the combat tha I've seen footage of of him just shooting a little blast thing from like an ice pick or some arbitrary item. Seems a little shallow. I'm hoping the game has some smarts to go with it's flash.

Darth-Samus
The problem was that the person who played the game in vid wasn't exactly the best around. ;)
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

[QUOTE="Darth-Samus"]

tagyhag

The problem was that the person who played the game in vid wasn't exactly the best around. ;)

That is true. It just doesn't look like a lot of clever gameplay could come from that. Either way I remain hopeful.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

Gameplay wise, it doesn't look very compelling. Graphics are nice though and it does seem to have a great sense of atmosphere.

Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
I haven't heard much about this game in a while. But those screenshots look cool.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
It amazes that people would rather play 10yr old ports than a new game, and we wonder why the Wii is your one stop shop for all your ports and remakes. Anyway this game has a nice premise, I like the whole climbing element and battling the environment, however from what I've seen the combat leaves something to be desired. It looks like they wanted to just make it into a shooter without making it one and are stuck in some weird combat limbo. Personally I think given the environment(freezing cold, low oxygen) this could have made a great pyschological horror, it could have been the next Eternal Darkness, having the game just screw with you the whole game, due to a combination of ghost and the environment. And the action concept of climbing and dealing with the world would have been great, if they had just disregarded the combat they have.
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

YES!!!! this gameplay remind me so much of Fatal Frame series... so :D gonna buy day one (most likely)

Gameplay wise, it doesn't look very compelling. Graphics are nice though and it does seem to have a great sense of atmosphere.FFCYAN

gameplay (as you can see above :P ) is what have me the most excited

Waffle_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 Waffle_Fish
Member since 2008 • 2074 Posts
nope. I personally think it will be rubbish. Id rather have a RE2,3,CVmakegarrett_duffman
because the wii needs more ports :roll: It doesnt look that spectacular. Graphically it is better than most wii games though,,,
tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tom95b
Member since 2008 • 4999 Posts

I don't think I'm going to buy it. I don't understand the combat, and they have to give more trailers to interest me.

PoweredByHonda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 PoweredByHonda
Member since 2007 • 2972 Posts
Hrm.....Right when i saw the screenies Lost Planet popped into my head, is there something wrong about that?
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i am excited with all the countless videos and developers interviews on nintendo channel horror games this gen are getting over looked or being cheep horror fps/rail gun
r_gam3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 r_gam3
Member since 2008 • 1185 Posts
[QUOTE="tagyhag"][QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]nope. I personally think it will be rubbish. Id rather have a RE2,3,CVmakegarrett_duffman

I just dont think that it will be nearly as scary as people think it will be. Ive been looking at this game for a while, hoping for it to get better, and from what you've shown me, looks-wise, it has, but I just dont feel that sense of fear that games like Resident Evil or silent hill bring to the table.

wait you think RE is scary, or at least it still exists?
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 garrett_duffman
[QUOTE="r_gam3"][QUOTE="garrett_duffman"][QUOTE="tagyhag"] I'm still waiting on those as well, but I like having a different horror game to help me wait.

wait you think RE is scary, or at least it still exists?

before RE 4 and 5, Resi did have some sort of desperate struggle complex, between fthe lack of ammo and the tank controls, just the fact that it could make you feel helpless made it scary.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
You'd rather have old games?
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#20 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
I'm not yet sold on this because I'm not sure how the game's pieces will come together. It looks pretty interesting and I think it deserves credit because its plot sound innovative. I really hope it does well as I love horror games and have enjoyed even Escape from the bugs island (on its own classification of course)
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 garrett_duffman
[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]nope. I personally think it will be rubbish. Id rather have a RE2,3,CVmakeOreoMilkshake

yes. as a matter of fact I would. because they are new to me. I havent played 2 or 3 or code veronica, and i would like to.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"][QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]nope. I personally think it will be rubbish. Id rather have a RE2,3,CVmakegarrett_duffman

yes. as a matter of fact I would. because they are new to me. I havent played 2 or 3 or code veronica, and i would like to.

i would love re2,3 remade on the wii both great games but for the most part it doesn't look like we will ever get them
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Well RE1 was remade for the Wii and as you can see it in no benefitted from it, RE2 and 3 would be no different. Personally I would rather not encourage publishers any more than they already have been to use the Wii to re launch thier forgotten library. Maybe its just me(and it certainly seems like it around here) but there is something about a new game, with its new story, new mechanics, that is built for the current console(sometimes) that is mucn more enticing then treading through a decade old adventure that if you never played it by now, you must not have really wanted to. B thaf you feel that you must, those ghames are not that hard to find.
Ubeyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 Ubeyone
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

the shooting sequences look terrible IMO. The guy playing this didn't really sell me the game.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Looks okay. Didn't watch the video yet.

garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 garrett_duffman
Well RE1 was remade for the Wii and as you can see it in no benefitted from it, RE2 and 3 would be no different. Personally I would rather not encourage publishers any more than they already have been to use the Wii to re launch thier forgotten library. Maybe its just me(and it certainly seems like it around here) but there is something about a new game, with its new story, new mechanics, that is built for the current console(sometimes) that is mucn more enticing then treading through a decade old adventure that if you never played it by now, you must not have really wanted to. B thaf you feel that you must, those ghames are not that hard to find. Sepewrath
I could care less about 3, I'd rather have code veronica than 3. regardless, the sequels need up to date remakes, like RE1 got.