Anyone know a good wRPG on the NDS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts

I'm leaving on a jetplane (although I know when I'll be back again), and I came across my Nintendo DS that I haven't used in ages. I was wondering if there are any good Western RPGs on it. If you know a JRPG with some western appeal then please suggest it aswell (for example I always liked Goldensun but I never liked Final Fantasy). Thanks for your help!

Avatar image for XxF1N4L-ST4NDxX
XxF1N4L-ST4NDxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 XxF1N4L-ST4NDxX
Member since 2010 • 377 Posts

:O You don't like Final Fantasy?! Crime against nature :P only joking we all have our own opinions ;)

And no sorry don't know any :(

DeafNYCPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 DeafNYCPlayer
Member since 2004 • 2314 Posts
The Dark Spire, it looked like classic RPGs like Wizardry, the Bard's Tale, and others.
fer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 fer-
Member since 2010 • 318 Posts
Dragon Quest 9 is out and would fit the bill I think
ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts

The Dark Spire is definatly a WRPG but more of a classic dungeon crawler wRPG (of which I am not a fan). Dragon Quest 9 does seem to fit the bill, a JRPG that in some ways feels like a WRPG (maybe even more so then Goldensun). Thanks for all your help, I think I'll check out Dragon Quest.

cprmauldin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 cprmauldin
Member since 2009 • 1567 Posts

Not that it matters now, but I second the DQ IX recommendation. Good JRPG with tons of WRPG appeal to it.

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
You might enjoy one of the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle games. They're not traditional Final Fantasy, but they're quite good, especially if you can find someone else to play with. The game itself is an Action RPG without any random battles, everything takes place in real time. There's a good amount of weapon crafting, but not too much in terms of player customization. I'd recommend watching a video or two see if you like it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BPsbB8n9Xs - IGN Video Review