Anyone else having problems with the Wii Motion Plus not saying connected?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lego_Vader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lego_Vader
Member since 2009 • 111 Posts

I was playing Wii Sports Resort earlier, during Wakeboarding when it kept having me recalibrate it over and over. It was fine for a while after that when I played other games, but then during Frisbee Golf, it acted up to the point where it told me I had to reconnect it back into the controller. After studying it a little bit, I realized that when I perform certain motions, and the Wii Motion Plus brushes against my wrist, it jostles it ever so slightly and causes it to be disconnected just long enough for it to be recalibrated. I wiggled the thing back and forth, and sure enough, even with it being locked in, I can still disconnect it. The connector actually is a little loose, and I'm wondering if it's supposed to be that way, or if I have a defective unit? So, anyone else having issues?

yeahyeahbigN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 yeahyeahbigN
Member since 2007 • 1345 Posts
I kept my Wii MotionPlus in the sleeve still. One of the reasons you use the Wii condom so it will help keep the Wii Mote and Wii MotiionPlus attach. If I were you, try it with the sleeve, and if that doesn't work, then you probably have to get another one.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

It's supposed to wiggle. They did that so you can fit the remote into the jacket.

So it's not that. You must have a defective WiiM+.

Lego_Vader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lego_Vader
I kept my Wii MotionPlus in the sleeve still. One of the reasons you use the Wii condom so it will help keep the Wii Mote and Wii MotiionPlus attach. If I were you, try it with the sleeve, and if that doesn't work, then you probably have to get another one. yeahyeahbigN
Well, I'm definitely not using the jacket. I hate the feel of that grip. Seems to be fine now, which is frustrating, because I'm trying to isolate a problem and it just goes away on me when I think I have it figured out.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bob_newman
[QUOTE="yeahyeahbigN"]I kept my Wii MotionPlus in the sleeve still. One of the reasons you use the Wii condom so it will help keep the Wii Mote and Wii MotiionPlus attach. If I were you, try it with the sleeve, and if that doesn't work, then you probably have to get another one. Lego_Vader
Well, I'm definitely not using the jacket. I hate the feel of that grip. Seems to be fine now, which is frustrating, because I'm trying to isolate a problem and it just goes away on me when I think I have it figured out.

Well there you go. It's because you don't use the jacket. Problem solved. Put it back on or keep dealing with the problem.
sicteliko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 sicteliko
Member since 2005 • 479 Posts
Yeah you should probably use the jacket, it didn't come with the WM+ for nothing. Anyway, it surprises me that not using it causes problems. There is a lock on the WM+, you are using that right?
Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
ceEditor">
[QUOTE="Lego_Vader"][QUOTE="yeahyeahbigN"]I kept my Wii MotionPlus in the sleeve still. One of the reasons you use the Wii condom so it will help keep the Wii Mote and Wii MotiionPlus attach. If I were you, try it with the sleeve, and if that doesn't work, then you probably have to get another one. bob_newman

Well there you go. It's because you don't use the jacket. Problem solved. Put it back on or keep dealing with the problem.

That's a load of crap. :| Using the jacket is an option. And it sucks.
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts
[QUOTE="yeahyeahbigN"]I kept my Wii MotionPlus in the sleeve still. One of the reasons you use the Wii condom so it will help keep the Wii Mote and Wii MotiionPlus attach. If I were you, try it with the sleeve, and if that doesn't work, then you probably have to get another one. Lego_Vader

does the issue still occur with fresh batteries?
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
ceEditor">[QUOTE="bob_newman"][QUOTE="Lego_Vader"] Well, I'm definitely not using the jacket. I hate the feel of that grip. Seems to be fine now, which is frustrating, because I'm trying to isolate a problem and it just goes away on me when I think I have it figured out.Sgt_Crow

That's a load of crap. :| Using the jacket is an option. And it sucks.

No, it is not a option. The instructions clearly state to use the jacket.
Lego_Vader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lego_Vader
Yeah you should probably use the jacket, it didn't come with the WM+ for nothing. Anyway, it surprises me that not using it causes problems. There is a lock on the WM+, you are using that right?sicteliko
I am indeed, and if I have to use the jacket for that thing to stay connected, then it's a shoddy design. [QUOTE="teknic1200"] does the issue still occur with fresh batteries?

It does. [QUOTE="Videodogg"] No, it is not a option. The instructions clearly state to use the jacket.

It IS an option. Nintendo just wants you to use the jacket to prevent people who don't know how to keep a hold on their controls from breaking it or hurting someone else. The Wii Motion Plus should remain firmly connected without the jacket. As I said before, it's shoddy design.
Lonnie2Hottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lonnie2Hottie
Member since 2005 • 933 Posts

Just use the jacket. It protects your remote and motion+. What's the big deal?

teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts
i never had issues not using the jacket with wm+. I have found I actually like the jacket on there when I play Tiger so i've started using it. the jacket gives the wiimote a little more heft which in turn feels better to swing.
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Nope. I don't use the jacket either. I just plug it in, then lock it.

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

use protection man.... it's still comfortable

plus.... "you'll shoot your eye out kid!"

boardn720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 boardn720
Member since 2008 • 5310 Posts

I don't use the wm+ jacket and mine seems to be fine. Maybe the problem isn't with th wm+ but the connector on the wiimote? How long have you had your wii and do you use the nunchuck, classic controller, wireless nunchuck, ect?

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bob_newman

As I said before, it's shoddy design.Lego_Vader

It's not "shoddy" if it's intentional. They meant for it to work like that.

izayoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 izayoi
Member since 2003 • 1718 Posts

I don't know why you don't want to use the jacket, you have better grip on the wii remote.. that's about it. And yeah, using the jacket with the wii motion plus prevents it from waggling.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
If you don't use the jacket just try to tape it in place.
bobioso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bobioso
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I have another problem with my WM+. Every now and then (at random), the WM+ just goes dead (in Wii Sports Resort - no blue lights, nothing). Pressing the red syncing button or the A key doesn't work. I can pick another controller and it becomes WM+ #1. Only when I take the battery out and put it back in (the same NiMH batteries) it gets back to normal? Even the Fit board lost the sync when I tried it after the incident. I never had a similar problem before with WM or Fit board and since I got the WM+ (three days ago), it happened five times. I can't come up with any logical cause for this. Sometimes I can play for hours, sometimes the WM+ dies after 10 minutes. Does anybody else have the same problem? www.bobisco.com
boipie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 boipie01
Got Something Similar with my new wiiM+. Just bought wii sport resort+ another wiiM+. One is ok and the other just keep disconnecting. Connected the problematic wiiM+ to my other wiimote and got the same problem. Keep disconnecting every 5-10 sec when playing. The wiimote do not have blue light that indicate connection. Have to play on A button and resync the wiiM+ each time. tried removing battery and resync Wiimote noting changed. Will try to return the wiiM+.
boipie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 boipie01
I have been replace my wiiM+ and still got the problem. I Recharged the battery and seem to not have the problem for the first 30 min then happen again. Seem that the wiiM+ drain the battery very quickly.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts
hmm well the game does occasionally ask you to recaliberate before certain events like sword fighting and archery. i think thats normal. but asking for you to reconnect sounds a bit dodgy. i dont use the wiimote jacket either and i have had no problems so far (ive been using it quite a bit too). all i can suggest is check the connection between ure wiimote and wiimotion+ to make sure theres no debris or anything. shine a torch in there. something could be getting in the way of the connection. maye try and blow into it (that old trick:P) to see if it improves. check for damage on ure wiimote and WM+ also....make sure the hooks are normal and the the holes on both sides of the wiimote are not damaged. the connector is supposed to be a little loose. the wm+ casing jiggels a little but when connected to the wiimote so that bit of give is necessary to ensure the connector isnt damaged. if your able to remove the WM+ when the switch at the bottom is in the locked position (im assuming ure not just pulling it off) then ure unit is faulty. that locked switch should prevent you from easily pressing in the buttons at the side that release the hooks. if thats the case then return it to your retailer for a replacement or refund.
Bl4cKHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bl4cKHawk
Member since 2009 • 155 Posts

if u keep it in the sleeve it will work fine

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

if u keep it in the sleeve it will work fine

Bl4cKHawk
Yep. If its not in the sleeve you're just asking for trouble. I don't even lock mine have the time and I have no issue with it being loose. You could always just tape it if you really want to be a WM+ rebel.