Anyone else disappointed in the WII and/or its focus on casual gamers?:(

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vickersfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 vickersfan
Member since 2005 • 895 Posts
im a hardcore gamer and i feel i was left out to dry on this one. There seems to be nothing more to look forward to on the WII and I notice a lot of people are losing intrest and selling them. Anyone else feel this way?
TheMinority16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TheMinority16
Member since 2007 • 597 Posts
No. I see no gain in selling systems. I'll keep my wii until it turns itself inside out.
dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts
im a hardcore gamer and i feel i was left out to dry on this one. There seems to be nothing more to look forward to on the WII and I notice a lot of people are losing intrest and selling them. Anyone else feel this way?vickersfan
Are you a hardcore gamer or are you just thinking you are? If you feel theres nothing more to look forward to on the Wii, then sir, you are not looking at all. I see more to look forward to on the Wii, than I do the 360. If you think being a hardcore gamer means merely playing nothing but M rated games, I feel sorry for you. Would you call a person who plays Bingo EVERY night for at least 2-3 hours a night a hardcore gamer? Thats hardcore m8, hardcore :) So, no, I do not feel the same as you do. I believe your opinion is one sided, ignorant, and wrong. That being said, I respect your opinion and that it is yours, but my opinion is what I just stated.
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

[QUOTE="vickersfan"]im a hardcore gamer and i feel i was left out to dry on this one. There seems to be nothing more to look forward to on the WII and I notice a lot of people are losing intrest and selling them. Anyone else feel this way?dotWithShoes
Are you a hardcore gamer or are you just thinking you are? If you feel theres nothing more to look forward to on the Wii, then sir, you are not looking at all. I see more to look forward to on the Wii, than I do the 360. If you think being a hardcore gamer means merely playing nothing but M rated games, I feel sorry for you. Would you call a person who plays Bingo EVERY night for at least 2-3 hours a night a hardcore gamer? Thats hardcore m8, hardcore :) So, no, I do not feel the same as you do. I believe your opinion is one sided, ignorant, and wrong. That being said, I respect your opinion and that it is yours, but my opinion is what I just stated.

The problem is that the Wii does have some games to look forward 2, but there all most likely going to get a 7.5. A hardcore gamer demands 8.5 or above tittles and this is where the 360 comes in delivering hit after hit.

vickersfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vickersfan
[QUOTE="vickersfan"]im a hardcore gamer and i feel i was left out to dry on this one. There seems to be nothing more to look forward to on the WII and I notice a lot of people are losing intrest and selling them. Anyone else feel this way?dotWithShoes

WOA WOA woa. Ofcourse i don't play just M rated games. I play all games and all except for the 1st party nintendo games and VC games are nothing short of mediocre. IMO. I find myself playing my DS more often than my WII.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

[QUOTE="dotWithShoes"][QUOTE="vickersfan"]im a hardcore gamer and i feel i was left out to dry on this one. There seems to be nothing more to look forward to on the WII and I notice a lot of people are losing intrest and selling them. Anyone else feel this way?vickersfan

WOA WOA woa. Ofcourse i don't play just M rated games. I play all games and all except for the 1st party nintendo games and VC games are nothing short of mediocre. IMO. I find myself playing my DS more often than my WII.

What did you play that you thought was mediocre?

aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 134

#7 aryoshi
Member since 2007 • 1729 Posts
Every system has ups and downs, Wii included. That's just a true fact every company comes to face and accept, and so must the consumers. There are good, and bad games on the Wii, as there are on the 360, PS3, and everything else. I'm not exactly disappointed in the console itself, only in a majority of games released on it. I do, however, look forward to a few other titles coming for it currently.
vickersfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 vickersfan

[QUOTE="vickersfan"][QUOTE="dotWithShoes"] Are you a hardcore gamer or are you just thinking you are? If you feel theres nothing more to look forward to on the Wii, then sir, you are not looking at all. I see more to look forward to on the Wii, than I do the 360. If you think being a hardcore gamer means merely playing nothing but M rated games, I feel sorry for you. Would you call a person who plays Bingo EVERY night for at least 2-3 hours a night a hardcore gamer? Thats hardcore m8, hardcore :) So, no, I do not feel the same as you do. I believe your opinion is one sided, ignorant, and wrong. That being said, I respect your opinion and that it is yours, but my opinion is what I just stated.goblaa

What did you play that you thought was mediocre?

I've dabbled in de blob, rayman,the brain games,red steel*god awful that one*wario ware...my list goes on for quite a ways. Some of them were quirky and interesting for a moment but very forgettable.
Argle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Argle
Member since 2008 • 571 Posts

the thing im not liking about the Wii is its just releasing party/multiplayer oriented games, and IMO bad ones.  why they cant replicate (beyond the actual series) or build off of the success of SSB, mario kart, and old school mario party like games is beyond me.  my faith in nintendo is rapidly dwindling, o how i miss the days of N64.  i dont know why, but i look at upcoming Wii games and either think 'meh' or 'i could just get that on my 360'.

and yes, i own a Wii.  i have SSBB, MK, Metroid Prime 3, and No More Hero's, all of which ive enjoyed.  but i look at my stack of 360 games (around 8-14) and have enjoyed almost all of them.

PS: for the love of god bring Rare back! 

vickersfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vickersfan

the thing im not liking about the Wii is its just releasing party/multiplayer oriented games, and IMO bad ones.  why they cant replicate (beyond the actual series) or build off of the success of SSB, mario kart, and old school mario party like games is beyond me.  my faith in nintendo is rapidly dwindling, o how i miss the days of N64.  i dont know why, but i look at upcoming Wii games and either think 'meh' or 'i could just get that on my 360'.

and yes, i own a Wii.  i have SSBB, MK, Metroid Prime 3, and No More Hero's, all of which ive enjoyed.  but i look at my stack of 360 games (around 8-14) and have enjoyed almost all of them.

PS: for the love of god bring Rare back! 

Argle
ditto. And i don't think rare will work with nintendo anymore because of some past dispute. that's why there hasn't been another DK game like DK64 or a sequel to Starfox adventures.:(
funk4lfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 funk4lfe
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
No.....They got some good games, you just got to stop being so picky. One game for instance that people are sleeping on is James Bond Quantum of Solace. that game kicks butt on the wii and it sucks on the other consoles. I personally think the wii is a good FPS system and they just need to spend more time on that. I can't wait for the Conduit to come out because it is either gonna make the wii or break it and that game is going to be the turning point for them towards making more "hardcore" games.
vickersfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 vickersfan
No.....They got some good games, you just got to stop being so picky. One game for instance that people are sleeping on is James Bond Quantum of Solace. that game kicks butt on the wii and it sucks on the other consoles. I personally think the wii is a good FPS system and they just need to spend more time on that. I can't wait for the Conduit to come out because it is either gonna make the wii or break it and that game is going to be the turning point for them towards making more "hardcore" games.funk4lfe
Stop being so picky? Games cost money so therefore unless you wanna be broke and unsatisfied you'd better be picky.
wiisham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wiisham
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts
vickersfan, totally agree. Why should anyone part with their hard earned dosh for a substandard product? You wouldnt just fork out 10k carelessly on any old car? Or 500notes on any TV. You'd pick the best you can get for your money. Unfortunately, the list of the best on the Wii is kinda short. Look at IGNs editors choice....only about 15 titles there that would interest me(maybe). I was one of the those guys who got excited at the "potential" of the Wii and how it might truly bring something very different and offer far more immersive gaming that we'd ever seen. I bought into the "graphics come 2nd to better controls" because I believe thats true.....when its done right so I didnt purchase the 360 or PS3. Wii owners were conned slightly by the fact that the motion sensing hardware couldnt actually deliver the potential gaming experience being touted by BigN. We all had images of swordfights, boxing, fighting etc..but in most cases we just get a waggle. Now we get an admittance from BigN that "ok. we couldnt put in 1to1 motion sensing controls because of the hardware cost etc but you can BUY an addon to rectify this soon". While I'm glad that such a device finally exists, it was a bit of a swizz. There are some positives. There are some fun titles and games like Shaun Whites with the Balance Board do offer the type of experience I expected from the Wii. COD:WAW offers decent online play and controls so we're seeing progression in how 3rd party companies get the most out of the Wii. Along with the newer motion control devices, we should see steady improvement. Realistically, it could be the next generation of Wii before we see its full potential though. Its obvious the concept sells so if that should only continue to attract 3rd parties and if Nintendo could stick some more power on the bonnet, they could the console to keep everyone happy.
Recon-Solider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Recon-Solider
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I'm a casual gamer I guess, I don't play too much video games, maybe 2-6 hours a week. But when I play, I want hardcore games, because beating Super Mario Galaxy is a bigger accomplishment then beating Ninjabread Man. I think that the Wii has hardcore games, but being mostly only first party isn't exactly too great. Sure Mario, Samus and Link are good, but the formula can get kind of shallow. Wii vs. 360, the 360 wins in variety IMO when it comes to deep and ingaging games, because more third party publishers like the 360 more because of the controls and audience. The Wii as I see it is only really good when your playing against other people, whether it be in front of your TV or on Wi-Fi. Also give the Wii a little bit of time, too. There's some good hardcore games to come, like Madworld to say.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
I'm disappointed in the effort of the third party developers,and even some of the effort of Nintendo themselves.
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

The focus on casual gamers has taken its toll, but you have to understand that Nintendo have things planned for the hardcore crowd. Being a hardcore gamer, I know it can be a bit dissapointing to not see a great game since Brawl imo, I haven't seen anythin worth buyin since.

Regardless of this, I have not givin up on the Wii, its still a great system and I'm already lookin foward to 2009 because I see at least two great titles that I'm keeping a look out for.

slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts

No. I like casual games like Wii Sports, Wii Fit and good party games like Boom Blox. The only games I can't stand are SHOVELWARE games like We Cheer, BratZ KidZ, or PetZ HorseZ 2!

The Wii has plently of hardcore titles.. the only problem are the rip-off shallow titles that clueless parents buy for their kids!

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#18 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts
im definitely pissed that Nintendo's focus is on my grandmother and parents...but i wont sell my wii...just let it collect dust until the next Zelda game comes.
Boomarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Boomarley
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts
I don't care whether a game is supposedly "casual" or "hardcore" so long as it's enjoyable. "Causal" doesn't have to mean "for idiots", and there are some interesting casual game concepts for the Wii. Besides, where do you draw the line anyways? Some simple games can be far harder than mainstream core games regardless of rating. And a 7 range scored game can be more creative than an 8-9 scored game which is sometimes more conventional, so review scores are not the be-all and end-all.
dkcamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 dkcamp
Member since 2005 • 173 Posts

I think "realistic expectations" should be the phrase of the day in this case. i bought the wii at launch, fully knowing where nintendo was headed. some of the most played titles on my cube were the party games, and multiplayers. so obviously, the wii was going to follow suit with that assortment. even the early videos showed tons of GROUPS playing together.

this notion of "hardcore" simply leaves me imagining someone playing for hours by themselves in their basement, and i'm not sure that's the type of gamer i want to be associated with. I consider myself to be hardcore, as do my friends, due to my skill level, and love of competition. but i don't play many of the "harcore" games the people on here list.

i think expecting the kind of games found on the 360 and ps3 is naive. this is simply not the direction nintendo has had with their product line from the get-go... you HAD to know upon purchase, that this system was not going to offer the same experience as the other two, and yet we hear tons of complaints from people demanding it! everyone needs to take a long hard look at what they're really complaining about (and why), and who they are complaining TO. i'm going to complain with my cheque book next week when i pick up my ps3, instead of another wii title, because it offers the experience i want when i'm by myself. i'd say that's the best way to get change. if they aren't making money with their current plan, they'll change. but i'm not going to hold my breath til they do.

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#21 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

I think "realistic expectations" should be the phrase of the day in this case. i bought the wii at launch, fully knowing where nintendo was headed. some of the most played titles on my cube were the party games, and multiplayers. so obviously, the wii was going to follow suit with that assortment. even the early videos showed tons of GROUPS playing together.

dkcamp

Well, most games on my GCN were action/adventure/RPG titles that were incredible...I can't say the same for Wii, for me anyhow. But i guess it also doesn't help that majority of the games that i was excited for on Wii ended up disappointments to me. The matter of fact, in my case, is Nintendo delivered incredible first party titles for GCN...for Wii, its been more misses than hits.

teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts
im a hardcore gamer and i feel i was left out to dry on this one. There seems to be nothing more to look forward to on the WII and I notice a lot of people are losing intrest and selling them. Anyone else feel this way?vickersfan
sounds like you have been reading marketing opinions and not finding all the good games we have. i have had a steady stream of great games for the last two years.
Wolblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Wolblade
Member since 2008 • 986 Posts

Sure, there are times when I feel that Nintendo could have done better in terms of some hardware just so we wouldn't be getting so much shovelware. But, when developers utilize the Wii how they should (i.e. 1st Party games), the results can be amazing.

Hardcore is associated too much with gore, violence, and high-definition graphics. I have to disagree with that opinion, but I respect anyone who does feel that way since it is their opinion.

LK9988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#24 LK9988
Member since 2008 • 350 Posts
Meh, I wouldn't worry too much. It seems like there's some Wii games to get excited for in the future such as Pikmin3 for example, so I'm gonna keep my Wii and I can play good games such as Super Mario Galaxy again anyway:D.
Wolblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Wolblade
Member since 2008 • 986 Posts

Meh, I wouldn't worry too much. It seems like there's some Wii games to get excited for in the future such as Pikmin3 for example, so I'm gonna keep my Wii and I can play good games such as Super Mario Galaxy again anyway:D.LK9988

That is very true and there are bound to be many other games to look forward to on the Wii. And people ten to forget that every console gets shovelware.

Darthdaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Darthdaver
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts
yeah nintendo wii is more appealing to casuals then hardcore atm, and all nintendo cares about is money and they get money lots of money buy making games for grannies and and non gamers so.
dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dotWithShoes

[QUOTE="dotWithShoes"][QUOTE="vickersfan"]im a hardcore gamer and i feel i was left out to dry on this one. There seems to be nothing more to look forward to on the WII and I notice a lot of people are losing intrest and selling them. Anyone else feel this way?zaku101

The problem is that the Wii does have some games to look forward 2, but there all most likely going to get a 7.5. A hardcore gamer demands 8.5 or above tittles and this is where the 360 comes in delivering hit after hit.

I don't demand games that someone else thinks is a 8.5 or higher, that's not being a gamer.. that's being an elitist. I have, and will continue to, enjoy many many games that have scored under an 8.0, If you limit yourself by what other people think of the games(based on the number score of a review) then you are not a hardcore gamer, You're a poser. And like I said in my last post, YOUR opinion matters not to me. You sir, are not a hardcore gamer.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

[QUOTE="LK9988"]Meh, I wouldn't worry too much. It seems like there's some Wii games to get excited for in the future such as Pikmin3 for example, so I'm gonna keep my Wii and I can play good games such as Super Mario Galaxy again anyway:D.Wolblade

That is very true and there are bound to be many other games to look forward to on the Wii. And people ten to forget that every console gets shovelware.

((but it's usually not Ninty making it... :P) The thing I regret most is the approach many devs have taken in an attempt to appeal to casual gamers. It's made "focus on casual gamers" synonymous with "shovelware", or at least "dumbed down gameplay". A game can be made casual-friendly without having broken or self-playing controls, push-over bosses, and a Z at the end of the name. Platformers and RPGs have always been great gateway drugs to gaming. But now things are so adversarial. Core gamers resent casual gamers and look on them with derision, and casual gamers think core gamers are nerds. Why can't we all just hold hands and sing kumbaya? I do notice people selling their Wiis a lot lately watching kijiji, like the TC said. It seems to usually be people who bought it for their gf or fam or core gamers who say they're bored and are selling/trading it for a 360 or PS3. I really don't think it's a good idea to sell your Wii. You're going to lose money on it - you're selling your investment at a loss, plus, you're going to miss out on good games that will be coming out in the future. It's pretty much always a bad idea to sell your consoles.
izmickey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 izmickey
Member since 2008 • 910 Posts
[QUOTE="zaku101"]

[QUOTE="dotWithShoes"] Are you a hardcore gamer or are you just thinking you are? If you feel theres nothing more to look forward to on the Wii, then sir, you are not looking at all. I see more to look forward to on the Wii, than I do the 360. If you think being a hardcore gamer means merely playing nothing but M rated games, I feel sorry for you. Would you call a person who plays Bingo EVERY night for at least 2-3 hours a night a hardcore gamer? Thats hardcore m8, hardcore :) So, no, I do not feel the same as you do. I believe your opinion is one sided, ignorant, and wrong. That being said, I respect your opinion and that it is yours, but my opinion is what I just stated.dotWithShoes

I don't demand games that someone else thinks is a 8.5 or higher, that's not being a gamer.. that's being an elitist. I have, and will continue to, enjoy many many games that have scored under an 8.0, If you limit yourself by what other people think of the games(based on the number score of a review) then you are not a hardcore gamer, You're a poser. And like I said in my last post, YOUR opinion matters not to me. You sir, are not a hardcore gamer.

Well i do agree with vickersfan, if you pay for your own games and you want to make a GOOD investment by buying a good game that's his choice. Best way to enjoy 8.0 and under games is to rent them, problem solved. can we stop all this bickering and just........get along:twisted:
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
Why do people still post these? All you have to do is rinse, wash, and repeat the last argument on the last "Nintendo left us hardcorezz!1" thread.
Nintendoguy325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 Nintendoguy325
Member since 2008 • 463 Posts
The Wii has yet to disappoint me. Between WiiWare, history's greatest games for download, and games like Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Okami, and Brawl, I'm content with the Wii.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Wii Fit was a pleasant surprise for the hardcore audience this year.

Williams Pinball as well, best pinball game on a console ever.

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Yeah, I'm also disappointed. The only game I bought this year was Brawl and I'm not looking forwards to any Wii game, except maybe for Madworld. After the E3 this year I felt like selling my Wii. Tbh, I'm only keeping it to play Brawl.
Argle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Argle

i think thats a little harsh, i base my game buying somewhat on the numbers, to a degree, as im sure most everyone does.  obviously, if a game gets a 6.5 or lower, theres usually something REALLY wrong with it, and yes, based solely on the review number, i ignore those games (generally speaking).  that being said, my number spectrum in regards to possibly buying games is pretty much 7.0+, and i own a few 7.5 or under 360 games that i really enjoy.   

keeping this in mind, ill explain now why i find the Wii to be so dissapointing-

this is what typically happens: im thinking of buying 2 games, there are 4 im interested in, 2 on the 360 and 2 on the Wii.  i look breifly at the review scores, 360 gets an 8.5 and an 8.0, then i look at the Wii games, which get an 8.0 and a 7.0.  the 8.5 is a no brainer, so i read the reviews of the two respective 8.0 games, only to find myself more interested in the 360 game.  not to say i consider the Wii a horrible system, it isnt, i just often feel like my money is better spent on the 360, which is dissapointing, espcially so because in a lot of ways i think the Wii has a lot more potential than the 360.  as a gamer, id like to be buying equally good games for both systems, unfortunately that isnt happening.

teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts
Wii Fit was a pleasant surprise for the hardcore audience this yearJaysonguy
if your into games like skate it and swsb it sure was :D it made my gaming experience.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jaysonguy

this is what typically happens: im thinking of buying 2 games, there are 4 im interested in, 2 on the 360 and 2 on the Wii.  i look breifly at the review scores, 360 gets an 8.5 and an 8.0, then i look at the Wii games, which get an 8.0 and a 7.0.  the 8.5 is a no brainer, so i read the reviews of the two respective 8.0 games, only to find myself more interested in the 360 game.  not to say i consider the Wii a horrible system, it isnt, i just often feel like my money is better spent on the 360, which is dissapointing, espcially so because in a lot of ways i think the Wii has a lot more potential than the 360.  as a gamer, id like to be buying equally good games for both systems, unfortunately that isnt happening.

Argle

Wow, so you let someone else pick all your games

That sure is interesting in a weird way

So none of your collection is what you want? Just what scores you see?

Man, that's out of this world. 

It takes all kinds!

Shucks, just when I thought I'd seen it all.....

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

nintendo doesn't make hardcore games anymore?

yeahyeahbigN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 yeahyeahbigN
Member since 2007 • 1345 Posts
just get another system so you'll have all the nintendo's titles, and all their exclusives while you can play games from the other system. that's what im doing and im enjoying with my systems. 360 is only 199 now so it's not that expensive, but just don't sell your system cause it's not worth it.
hypnochronic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hypnochronic
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts

I don't know why everyone blames Nintendo for crappy 3rd party developers.  You don't blame Apple when they have crappy albums for sale on iTunes.  The music industry is overrun with garbage and crap, yet it doesn't mean the ipod sucks becoz the music sucks. If you can't find the good games on Wii, it says more about YOU than it says about Nintendo.  And even if Wii has lots of minigames and casual games, what's the big deal?  It doesn't hurt anyone.  Don't play it.  Don't buy it.  Problem solved.  Don't be elitist and think that every game has to revolve around what YOU play and what YOU like.  There's a large market for people who wan't to Wii-bowl and who don't want to sit in front of a tv for 6 hours a day blowing up people's heads.  To me, Nintendo hasn't switched focus, they've just expanded it to include other people into the same gaming pool.  And if this changes the PERCENTAGES of the hardcore-to-casual ratio, so be it.  It doesn't mean there are any fewer good games available.  If you want of list of quality games, just ask.  I can list plenty on the Wii that could occupy the most avid gamers time. 

cazulli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cazulli
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts

Yes, I am disappointedwith it. I hope the games get better soon.

Argle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Argle
[QUOTE="Argle"]

this is what typically happens: im thinking of buying 2 games, there are 4 im interested in, 2 on the 360 and 2 on the Wii. i look breifly at the review scores, 360 gets an 8.5 and an 8.0, then i look at the Wii games, which get an 8.0 and a 7.0. the 8.5 is a no brainer, so i read the reviews of the two respective 8.0 games, only to find myself more interested in the 360 game. not to say i consider the Wii a horrible system, it isnt, i just often feel like my money is better spent on the 360, which is dissapointing, espcially so because in a lot of ways i think the Wii has a lot more potential than the 360. as a gamer, id like to be buying equally good games for both systems, unfortunately that isnt happening.

Jaysonguy

It takes all kinds!

reading comprehension please, i stated earlier they were all games i was interested in, which would imply i had an idea about what each was gonna be like (gameplay, story, genre, etc).  the reviews and scores provide a basis as to the overall quality of the game, which i already had some idea bout.  i dont just blindly pick out 8.5 rated games, not to mention the difference (GENERALLY SPEAKING) between an 8.5 game and a 7.0 is usually pretty large.

as a side note, some people seem to be mixing up review numbers and the actual review, they are not seperate, they go hand in hand. i look at both, as they both tend to provide a basis for overall quality and hence give me a good idea as to what to shell out $60 for.  

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#42 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
When given the chance, casual games can be just as fun or even more enjoyable than hardcore. Would you rather be wanting to play Far Cry: Vengeance or Wii Fit? My opinion: Wii has nailed the balance between hardcore and casual gamers.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="Argle"]

this is what typically happens: im thinking of buying 2 games, there are 4 im interested in, 2 on the 360 and 2 on the Wii. i look breifly at the review scores, 360 gets an 8.5 and an 8.0, then i look at the Wii games, which get an 8.0 and a 7.0. the 8.5 is a no brainer, so i read the reviews of the two respective 8.0 games, only to find myself more interested in the 360 game. not to say i consider the Wii a horrible system, it isnt, i just often feel like my money is better spent on the 360, which is dissapointing, espcially so because in a lot of ways i think the Wii has a lot more potential than the 360. as a gamer, id like to be buying equally good games for both systems, unfortunately that isnt happening.

Argle

It takes all kinds!

reading comprehension please, i stated earlier they were all games i was interested in, which would imply i had an idea about what each was gonna be like (gameplay, story, genre, etc).  the reviews and scores provide a basis as to the overall quality of the game, which i already had some idea bout.  i dont just blindly pick out 8.5 rated games, not to mention the difference (GENERALLY SPEAKING) between an 8.5 game and a 7.0 is usually pretty large.

as a side note, some people seem to be mixing up review numbers and the actual review, they are not seperate, they go hand in hand. i look at both, as they both tend to provide a basis for overall quality and hence give me a good idea as to what to shell out $60 for.  

Yes, so you let others pick your games. You've made it quite clear.

That's wild, it's like when you want to play something you have to be like "I wonder what someone is going to pick for me today"

That's quite an interesting way to approach gaming. Sure you're never able to pick out your own games but on the other hand you're never sure of what you're getting.

Argle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Argle
[QUOTE="Argle"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

It takes all kinds!

Jaysonguy

reading comprehension please, i stated earlier they were all games i was interested in, which would imply i had an idea about what each was gonna be like (gameplay, story, genre, etc). the reviews and scores provide a basis as to the overall quality of the game, which i already had some idea bout. i dont just blindly pick out 8.5 rated games, not to mention the difference (GENERALLY SPEAKING) between an 8.5 game and a 7.0 is usually pretty large.

Yes, so you let others pick your games. You've made it quite clear.

That's wild, it's like when you want to play something you have to be like "I wonder what someone is going to pick for me today"

That's quite an interesting way to approach gaming. Sure you're never able to pick out your own games but on the other hand you're never sure of what you're getting.

god your dense. games are expensive, so im going to buy them based on what others (reviews) say about them, and not just 'this games good, buy it'. why is it good? the review usually tells you, and if the premise of the game (genre, story, etc) sounds good ill buy it. you must have a lot of money to just go around blindly buying games because they 'look' good.

AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts
Nope, I actually have too many great games to get through :P. I'm sorry you couldn't find the good ones.
CasioTeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CasioTeck
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts

yeah.

it's going to stay that way forever. Even when reggie comes out and says some BS, he lied plenty of times. nintendo always undelivers on their promises, SMG was the only one they really delivered on.

by the time the next cycle of great games comes out it will be 2010 and they will just postpone them until WiiHD comes out in 2011 or 2012 just like they delayed TP two years to release it on the wii so that it would sell more wiis. Releasing TP for the Cube only wouldn't give nintendo anything to sell their wiis with. Well you could always get Farcry Vengeance on launch..

nintendo needs  a system seller so that next mario game or zelda game, might very well come out on their next console even though they promise it within 2 years. 

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dotWithShoes

yeah.

it's going to stay that way forever. Even when reggie comes out and says some BS, he lied plenty of times. nintendo always undelivers on their promises, SMG was the only one they really delivered on.

by the time the next cycle of great games comes out it will be 2010 and they will just postpone them until WiiHD comes out in 2011 or 2012 just like they delayed TP two years to release it on the wii so that it would sell more wiis. Releasing TP for the Cube only wouldn't give nintendo anything to sell their wiis with. Well you could always get Farcry Vengeance on launch..

nintendo needs  a system seller so that next mario game or zelda game, might very well come out on their next console even though they promise it within 2 years. 

CasioTeck
So you're saying SMG is the only game that Nintendo has made thats good? SSBB wasn't good, I agree. MP3:C wasn't good, I agree. MKWii wasn't good, I agree. BWii wasn't good, I agree. Wii Fit was terrible, I agree. Super Paper Mario wasn't at all good, totally agree. Nintendo failed to deliver on ALL of those games. I hate you Nintendo, You have forgotten all about me. I'm y our core, I'm the one who grew up with a NES, a GameBoy, a SNES, a N64, a DS, a GameCube, come on Nintendo... don't forget me.. I'm the whiney little core gamer ... oh wait, you haven't forgotten me.. All those games I mentioned above were excellent..
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jaysonguy

CasioTeck

What planet are we talking about?

On Earth Nintendo is the king of gaming and something just needs it's brand name on it to sell amazingly well.

Not too sure where you came up with "need a system seller". On Venus? Will they need a strong sales push on Venus?

CasioTeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 CasioTeck
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts
wow.. just wow delusional fanboyism at it's finest. btw, ssbm>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ssbb. Am I am right, nintendo had no idea the wii would sell, so they postponed TP for the Cube to port it to the wii so they have a system seller at launch. This has been discussed numerous times.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jaysonguy

wow.. just wow delusional fanboyism at it's finest. btw, ssbm>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ssbb. Am I am right, nintendo had no idea the wii would sell, so they postponed TP for the Cube to port it to the wii so they have a system seller at launch. This has been discussed numerous times. CasioTeck

Yes, you're right

And now their brand is in more homes then anything else.

Know what that means?

It means that when their next system comes out all Nintendo will have to do is say "we made this one too" and people will come in droves to buy it just like they did the Wii.

"system seller", yeah not so much and when I say not so much I mean not at all

Squared