Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festrival

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival is releasing Nov 13, 2015-just a couple of weeks away. It will be a family Christmas gift for us, so it will be wrapped and put away until it is time to open on the holiday.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/qEcYFwg7nfH0IxE5r9dvu2gm_vh03Duc

Presently, you can get Animal Crossing Amiibo cards. Also there are 8 Animal Crossing Amiibo that are going to be released around the time of the game release:

Lottie 11/22

Tom Nook 11/13

Reese 11/13

Mabel 11/13

K.K. 11/13

Isabelle 11/13

Digby 11/13

Cyris 11/13.

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/line-up

Are you getting the game and some related Amiibo and Amiibo cards? Discuss.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

I'm not sold on this concept as of yet. The brief "review" on IGN didn't sell me on it but it did have a few things that were interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@Solaryellow: That preview left me with concerns also. This game is what it is, its a party board game like Dokapon Kingdom. If one likes party games though, i think this will be a fun one to play. Im scared of how they are using the Gamepad though. You have to fight over the NFC reader when trying to answer questions. Its no biggy, but younger kids could damage the cards if thats what your using. Maybe putting card in a toploader can help. Minor complaint of course.

Since the game is free though, i think it will be a nice game to try out. Kids love these games though, im not big on Mario Party 10, but the kids love that game like crazy. Since i love gameplay so much, i get bored when its not my turn. We already have a bunch of the cards though,

So ill be keeping my eye on it and Happy Home Designer. I think my brother and his wife will be getting it though, i usually play party games over their house, they buy like every single one.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

i'm not getting this game.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

I had no interest in this game until I saw some videos going into the different modes of this game. It looks like this game is a lot more than just a board game. They have revealed two other modes: a quiz show and "Desert Island Escape". These games are unlocked and accessible through tents in the main menu, and there appear to be about 7 tents. So it's quite possible there are 5 more game modes that are yet to be unveiled.

Desert Island Escape seems the most interesting to me. You and a few other people take turns exploring an island and have 7 days in which to gather resources to survive. It's light-hearted, I mean it is Animal Crossing, but there looks to be some strategy, and I find it interesting.

The board game seems a little too easy, although I hope I'm wrong. But there doesn't appear to be any pitfalls of any type, unlike Mario Party where you have spaces that push you back or takes away coins/stars. None of the videos I've seen show any kind of challenge.

That said, I like the Animal Crossing franchise and I like video board games, so I am looking forward to this. And although I have about 20 amiibo cards, I'm having difficulty finding more as they're sold out every time I go to the game store.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

So this is another watered down franchise?

It's pretty much a take on Mario Party but with none of the draw.

I do not understand these game releases.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@Jaysonguy: They help get people into the main series, they keep the series relevant to the public eye, they help grow a next generation, and are accessible to all ages among other things. Its just a spin-off.

People love party games, they are perfect for the family and friends. They arent too expensive to make and can gain you a bunch of profit. Animal Crossing is the perfect fit for a party game, it just makes sense. Its also the perfect game for Amiibos since it has so many cool characters. I think its cool they are giving fans an official Amiibo game that can be used with cards or figures.

Plus its free.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Collie_Lover

@mesome713: Your Amiibo cards look really nice in the toploaders.

@Grieverr: I agree that the different game modes look interesting, the scavenger hunt for example. Light-hearted and interesting are good descriptions.

This isn't the Animal Crossing game that some were expecting, which is understandable. Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival looks like an easygoing game to play while you relax and visit with friends and family. GameXplain has a variety of videos on YouTube that portray the game in a generally positive light.

Loading Video...

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I'm getting it. My family and I love all things AC (except Happy Home Designer). :P

With all the chaotic and violent games out there, every once in a while I like to cool down with simple games like this to come back down to earth and just have some casual fun.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm getting the game to add to my collection. I love Animal Crossing, but this game doesn't appeal to me from a gameplay stand point. I will get the amiibo and the series 2 cards though. I love that shit.

D-MonDRV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#11 D-MonDRV
Member since 2002 • 9267 Posts

I haven't actually done a lot of research on the game. All I remember was we saw at E3, which was pretty much Mario Party with Animal Crossing characters.

As an Amiibo collector, I want it because of them, but I really don't envision this title being worth the $60. That, and I don't have an interest in collecting the cards.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Collie_Lover

Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival is $60 with 2 free Amiibo valued at $13 each I presume. $60 -$26 = $34. $34 is not too expensive for a board game plus 2 collectable figures and some free cards.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bigboi500

@Collie_Lover said:

Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival is $60 with 2 free Amiibo valued at $13 each I presume. $60 -$26 = $34. $34 is not too expensive for a board game plus 2 collectable figures and some free cards.

Exactly my thinking. The game is liable to score a 4 from major outlets but I know what to expect from the game and I don't care what reviewers say.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#15 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@mesome713 said:

@Jaysonguy: They help get people into the main series, they keep the series relevant to the public eye, they help grow a next generation, and are accessible to all ages among other things. Its just a spin-off.

People love party games, they are perfect for the family and friends. They arent too expensive to make and can gain you a bunch of profit. Animal Crossing is the perfect fit for a party game, it just makes sense. Its also the perfect game for Amiibos since it has so many cool characters. I think its cool they are giving fans an official Amiibo game that can be used with cards or figures.

Plus its free.

You know what else helps people get into the main series? The actual games... I get the appeal of the Amiibo Party, but I find it blasphemous that they release this tripe before a real Animal Crossing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@JustPlainLucas: They probably working on one, whats the Animal Crossing team up to now? They just finished Splatoon, so im sure they doing something.

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

This will probably make me lose my Amiibo virginity. Animal Crossing is probably my favorite video game series of all time so it's nice to see it get some Amiibo recognition.

Don't know if I'll pick up the game or not though. I love Animal Crossing and I love Mario Party so I'm not sure why I'm not more interested in this. Ah well. I'll be spending most of December playing Xenoblade anyways.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

Nay. I've already played the pretty boring Mario Party series. I don't need the Animal Crossing version. Especially not if they're going to force you paying even more than for the game, in order to have fun, for some kind of cards. Like they did in Mario Party: They locked the most fun mode behind Amiibos. You need to buy a piece of unwanted severely overpriced plastic in order to play all of the game. **** that shit.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bigboi500

@mesome713 said:

@JustPlainLucas: They probably working on one, whats the Animal Crossing team up to now? They just finished Splatoon, so im sure they doing something.

I'm sure they're saving it for the NX.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@Bigboi500: Yeah, i think they are either working on one for NX handheld or home console. Not sure if they will be finished by launch though, but its very possible.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Collie_Lover

We picked up Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival today. I really want to open it, but we are sticking with the plan to wait until Christmas. We also bought 2 packs of cards and opened them. If you got the game and get a chance to play it, please share your thoughts about here.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 yokofox33

@Collie_Lover: Game is actually pretty decent and cute if you play with friends. I've only tried the main board game so far, but considering there are more mini games to be had I'm sure you'll have fun with it.

SuperFlyZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SuperFlyZero
Member since 2015 • 414 Posts

Been playing it all day with a friend. Simple fun, but strangely addictive. Every time we play more new things pop up, like tickets to improve the board and adding villagers you want from amiibo cards, new outfits and emojis.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Collie_Lover

@yokofox33 said:

@Collie_Lover: Game is actually pretty decent and cute if you play with friends. I've only tried the main board game so far, but considering there are more mini games to be had I'm sure you'll have fun with it.

Thanks! Nintendo is marketing Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival to children, but there is an option to invest in the stock market in the board game. Do you think children will understand the concept as it is presented in the game? Did you try investing, and did you make a profit yet?

@superflyzero said:

Been playing it all day with a friend. Simple fun, but strangely addictive. Every time we play more new things pop up, like tickets to improve the board and adding villagers you want from amiibo cards, new outfits and emojis.

Thanks! I can't wait to play it too.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 yokofox33

@Collie_Lover: Yeah, it's essentially the turnip system. You can buy turnips on Sunday and then depending on what spot you land on you can sell them for a certain price. You have to pick when to sell them though since different spots have different prices. There are different trends as well for the week, so for example if the trend is steady you won't make a huge huge profit on them, but you also won't lose a ton either.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Grieverr

I played a couple of rounds of the board game. I like it, but it's too simple and lacking features. The most interesting thing, imo, is the turnips. Otherwise, it's very straightforward. The events haven't played a big role for us yet (maybe unlucky at landing on the spots?). And the only one that I can say caused a negative effect, which I enjoy to spice things up, is when opposite day comes. Fishing day is cool too, but I wish it had a better mechanic then just the luck of the roll of the dice.

There are no obstacles to overcome. I wish there were spaces that maybe teleported you somewhere random, or swapped your bells/happy points with another player. I just want something to stir things up. As it is, it's too much of a stroll on the board. I would also like the game to judge you on other metrics, so that the winning player could be a bit more of a surprise.

So, basically, I actually wished it played more like Mario Party. Even without the mini games, Mario Party's boards have more going on.

We only unlocked one mini game. I forget the name right now, but it's kind of a Plinko game where you're on top of the screen and must fall on to a prize below. As you fall, you pop and bounce off balloons that change your trajectory. It's fun. I'm looking forward to the other games, especially the island escape one. Also, it looks like many things are unlockable, so who knows what else there may be. For example, you can't even see that "plaza" with the mini games until you unlock that first mini game.

All in all, it's a fun, relaxing game. Great for kids because there's really nothing there to challenge them. However, I wish it was less relaxing and more exciting.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Grieverr

As the reviews are coming in (horrible as they are), it seems that many items have to be unlocked. Apparently, you can get items that change the game board, as well as use amiibo cards for mini games and rolling dice in the board game. There also seem to be cosmetic unlockables like outfits and having animals populate the plaza and appear in cutscenes/mini games.

So it's possible that if you're inclined to like the game, you'll get more out of it the more you play. I'll update here as I play more. I do already like it, although I can admit it's too straightforward and mellow and can use more complexity and excitement. Maybe this is something more for younger kids than the entire family.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@Grieverr: Its focus does seem to be for kids and moms playing together for me. I wouldnt say its only for them, but i would guess thats the majority that will be playing it. We bought a copy for Christmas present, but ill be focusing on my Xenoblade Chronicles X, the kids dont play it, but they like to watch, i even bought them their own Wii U this year so we dont have to share as much.

Im not too big a fan of party games, but i do play them casually sometimes. I didnt care for Mario Party 10, but the kids and wife love the game and still play it sometimes.