All the best games exists only in Japan!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FreddoX12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FreddoX12
Member since 2006 • 623 Posts

Shure Super Mario is nice but that is just one franchise.

I was in Japan i Shibuya district and GOD DAMN!!  No games on the top 10 list there didn't exist in Europe or USA!

The Japanese keeps all the good games for them self!   Lucky me who knows Japanese, but it's just to bad for all who don't...

For example, I bought a Naruto game, just been released in Japan, and as many of you guys know the Naruto games that's out their in USA and Europe pritty much sucks, but the game I bought is just brilliant..  Why do they keep all the good things for them self!   

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
Probably because they don't sell well over here.
FreddoX12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FreddoX12
The Nintendo DS sells like butter in the sun, if I don't remember wrong 2 million DS consoles were sold in one weekend in London. 
Avatar image for Viewtiful_Joker
Viewtiful_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Viewtiful_Joker
Member since 2004 • 670 Posts
I dunno about you, but I don't buy melted butter...
apu0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 apu0404
Member since 2005 • 3682 Posts
I dunno about you, but I don't buy melted butter...Viewtiful_Joker
:lol:
smb333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 smb333
Member since 2007 • 3368 Posts
it is kinda unfair ( i live in united kingdom) and the games from japan take like 6months to get here its annoying
MasterIan2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MasterIan2006
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

i know.

pokemon diamond and pearl have been out in Japan since spetember 28th 2006, it comes out in the U.S.A on the 22nd april 2007, but for europe it has still got to be arranged.:evil:

by the time they have arranged it there is going to be like pokemon amethyst, released in Japan.

Why can't it be released in all regions on the same day.

360player_eq12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 360player_eq12
Member since 2006 • 2214 Posts

Hell yeah japan keeps all the tight games...look at some of the 360 games they got there.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34713 Posts

i know.

pokemon diamond and pearl have been out in Japan since spetember 28th 2006, it comes out in the U.S.A on the 22nd april 2007, but for europe it has still got to be arranged.:evil:

by the time they have arranged it there is going to be like pokemon amethyst, released in Japan.

MasterIan2006

Translations. Takes a while to translate the game to English. Games gets released even later for Europe, since Spanish and French people can't freaking read English. I have no idea why these people refuse to learn English, and translates every freaking game and dub every movie to their own freaking language. All other countries in Europe have to suffer because of this.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

You do realise that loads of crap makes it onto those charts as well, right?

There are some genuine tragedies of cases, but most of what's in the charts doesn't count.

And not to sound like a total asshat, but I hope your Japanese is better than your English.

FreddoX12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FreddoX12

There are some genuine tragedies of cases, but most of what's in the charts doesn't count.

And not to sound like a total asshat, but I hope your Japanese is better than your English.

Articuno76

I'm a Swede, the ppl in Europe don't need English so much 

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Articuno76
[QUOTE="Articuno76"]

FreddoX12

I took care to check your profile first, your profile text is pretty abrasive, not something I would expect from a non-native speaker.

ArmoJan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ArmoJan
Member since 2005 • 3169 Posts

Japanese entertainment and games has always been it's own entity not being dependant on other parts of the world.  It is a fact that Japanese entertainment/games/cartoons(anime/Manga) don't do well in the US or Europe.. And visa-versa, US and Europe entertianment/games does not do well in Japan.  Best thing to do is Import.  I would recommend shopping at Fry's electronics if you are in the US.  They have a full varaiety of Japanese imports.  Other option is to import online.

As for your use of the word "Best".  That is all a matter of opinion. 

japanesegoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 japanesegoth
Member since 2004 • 2164 Posts

just as long as you aren't one of those "omG jaPAN roxXorz, everthing else suXorZ!11!!!1"

cause a ton of nes games never made it over here...i've played a lot of them...believe me, there's a reason most of these games don't make it here. they're just plain awful. and that naruto game you're talking about was probably crappy too..

ArmoJan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ArmoJan
Member since 2005 • 3169 Posts

there's a reason most of these games don't make it here. they're just plain awful.

japanesegoth

Thats what I hear from people in Japan. 

Kakua_Omari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kakua_Omari
Member since 2005 • 939 Posts
A big reason why japan has a ton more games, there are a lot more small indie developers, and yes most the games there suck. Although there are some jems that never see the light of day (like the true ff3 didn't get here for the longest time)
StanAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StanAce
Member since 2003 • 206 Posts

Newsflash guys!
It's not like Japan is TRYING to hoard all the games but you have to realize there are a lot of things in between that must be done in order to get a game sold overseas.

To briefly describe the process:

Firstly, you'll need a potential market (people who are likely to buy the game) in the region.

Next, a company has to be willing to purchase the rights to a game to localize it, or a company needs to have a regional subsidiary that wants to localize the game.

In the case that an individual company wishes to localize a game, they need to strike a deal with the original creators of the game.

Sometimes, there are also political and social barriers that prevent/delay a game from being released in different regions. For example, UK is particularly harsh on console imports(?) and sometimes games may need to conform to certain standards so that they don't offend specific groups (i.e. religious groups).

(Disclaimer: I'm just a regular joe, so what I have written here might not be accurate) 

Honestly though, rather than complaining about Japan not bringing their games over here, maybe you should complain about why not enough good DS games are being made in North America/Europe.

mitchconlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 mitchconlin
Member since 2005 • 1218 Posts
I could care less about lame anime games anyway.....
Avatar image for Kratos_Aurion56
Kratos_Aurion56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kratos_Aurion56
Member since 2005 • 6050 Posts
Imports anyone?
noamatt128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 noamatt128
Member since 2005 • 231 Posts

I hate how a lot of people say "oh foreign japanese anime, very gay that really disgusts me because it is prejudice and stereotypical.  anyways, if you watch G4, you can sometimes catch a crappy japanese game and if you ever see a real life dude dressed up like a super trying to impersinate R-Type, then you would probably diss japan also.

just because some games are crap, that doesnt mean that you should say that every import game is crap. it doesnt make sense.

ConnorLinguist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ConnorLinguist
Member since 2006 • 53 Posts
well that nurato game blew i played it and dont say i played the version you played cuz i've played 3 and 4 fo hte side scroller and hte 3d fighter too.. it was ok nothing to right home about ... side scrolling and fighters i dont care if they're imported anyways they are english friendly ... they shoudl import dragon quest monsters: joker anyone who hasn't invested the time to look into this game is missin out.. monster capture like pokemon only with dragon quest monsters with full 3d and actaul attack animations i think it would blow pokemon out of hte water
omnimaqq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 omnimaqq
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts
Yeah i agree i LUB *** games No.1 It's got a wide variety No.2 it comes out earlier than all. But i can't read *** so there's no point....*cries*
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Articuno76

Yeah i agree i LUB *** games No.1 It's got a wide variety No.2 it comes out earlier than all. But i can't read *** so there's no point....*cries*omnimaqq

I should tell you that using that shortened term is against TOS, yeah I know, overly touchy stingy bastards, but those are the rules.

Anyway, I am really interested in Project Hacker, and Ouendan 2 is hitting in May *preorders*

juansouto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 juansouto
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts
Litchie
Level 36
Radical Ninja
Apr 11, 2007 5:57 pm GMT MasterIan2006 wrote:

i know.

pokemon diamond and pearl have been out in Japan since spetember 28th 2006, it comes out in the U.S.A on the 22nd april 2007, but for europe it has still got to be arranged.

Translations. Takes a while to translate the game to English. Games gets released even later for Europe, since Spanish and French people can't freaking read English. I have no idea why these people refuse to learn English, and translates every freaking game and dub every movie to their own freaking language. All other countries in Europe have to suffer because of this.

First of all, many spaniards read english, like myself, 2-people here does NOT refuse to learn english, it's just that is not that easy for latin speaking countries (italy, france, spain...) because of its different roots. 3-do you speak or read spanish, french? do your friends? I lived for a while there and not many care for other languages.4-ok, don´t dub the movies or the tv series and then try to get our money for them. In the US foreign films are not dub, and the consequence is...no one watches them.

Next time you wanna insult other countries without knowledge, shut the f*** up, you´d sure look much better.

By the way, do you like Green Day? they have great songs like "American Idiot", should listen to it.

Arnalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Arnalion
Member since 2006 • 3316 Posts
[QUOTE="FreddoX12"][QUOTE="Articuno76"]

Articuno76

I took care to check your profile first, your profile text is pretty abrasive, not something I would expect from a non-native speaker.

I disagree with FreddoX12. We use and need English very much, especially in Sweden.

Swedish people are preatty famous for not watching dubbed movies and we speak the best English in Europe (UK doesn't count :P).

[QUOTE="MasterIan2006"]

i know.

Litchie

Don't forget Germany...

kazekage1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kazekage1234
Member since 2007 • 1351 Posts
the the u.s. must make a utendo(not Nintendo of America:roll:) u tendo will only be u.s. games 8) (muahahaaahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:twisted: and they will make the ultimate console (the ps3 + wii + 360) muahaahahhahaha and it will have ultimate games muahahhahahah:twisted:
kazekage1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kazekage1234
Member since 2007 • 1351 Posts
and it will be $100
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
Why should other european countries have to learn english so we all get our *** developerd games sooner?