3DS Region Lock?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iLostmyeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 iLostmyeye
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts

Does that mean we can't play 3DS games on other regions besides America, Japan, Europe and Australia? :(

illharmonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 illharmonics
Member since 2005 • 5470 Posts
It means that you can't put a different region-coded cartridge in an American 3DS (only American cartridges). But, you can still play other region-coded DS games on an American 3DS.
iLostmyeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 iLostmyeye
It means that you can't put a different region-coded cartridge in an American 3DS (only American cartridges). But, you can still play other region-coded DS games on an American 3DS. illharmonics
So if you bought an American 3DS and went to other countries outside America. You can still play 3DS games as long as they are bought from America? Amirite?
300Suns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 300Suns
Member since 2011 • 86 Posts

[QUOTE="illharmonics"]It means that you can't put a different region-coded cartridge in an American 3DS (only American cartridges). But, you can still play other region-coded DS games on an American 3DS. iLostmyeye
So if you bought an American 3DS and went to other countries outside America. You can still play 3DS games as long as they are bought from America? Amirite?

Yes. You, however, can not play games PRODUCED in other regions. Here this should help you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PAL-NTSC-SECAM.svg

You can play games that are from the NTSC countries but not ones that were made in PAL or SECAM countries.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
[QUOTE="illharmonics"]It means that you can't put a different region-coded cartridge in an American 3DS (only American cartridges). But, you can still play other region-coded DS games on an American 3DS. iLostmyeye

exactly. you can play your NA 3DS anywhere in the world, as long as you use american cartridges. also, you can buy DS games (note i said DS and NOT 3DS) from anywhere in the world and they'll work on your 3DS... just mind that language barrier.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="iLostmyeye"][QUOTE="illharmonics"]It means that you can't put a different region-coded cartridge in an American 3DS (only American cartridges). But, you can still play other region-coded DS games on an American 3DS. 300Suns

Yes. You, however, can not play games PRODUCED in other regions. Here this should help you.

You can play games that are from the NTSC countries but not ones that were made in PAL or SECAM countries.

this... is pretty damn inaccurate. brazil uses NTSC, not PAL. all our video electronics are imported from north america, how would we use them if we used PAL?
300Suns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 300Suns

[QUOTE="300Suns"]

[QUOTE="iLostmyeye"] So if you bought an American 3DS and went to other countries outside America. You can still play 3DS games as long as they are bought from America? Amirite?BrunoBRS

this... is pretty damn inaccurate. brazil uses NTSC, not PAL. all our video electronics are imported from north america, how would we use them if we used PAL?

well hell, I tried :P

iLostmyeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 iLostmyeye
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] exactly. you can play your NA 3DS anywhere in the world, as long as you use american cartridges. also, you can buy DS games (note i said DS and NOT 3DS) from anywhere in the world and they'll work on your 3DS... just mind that language barrier.

Nice. I haven't played any DS games ever. If I bought a 3DS, that would be my first Nintendo device. I'm so excited. I want to play Dragon Quest IX. :D
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BrunoBRS

well hell, I tried :P

300Suns
i don't blame you :P[QUOTE="iLostmyeye"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] exactly. you can play your NA 3DS anywhere in the world, as long as you use american cartridges. also, you can buy DS games (note i said DS and NOT 3DS) from anywhere in the world and they'll work on your 3DS... just mind that language barrier.

Nice. I haven't played any DS games ever. If I bought a 3DS, that would be my first Nintendo device. I'm so excited. I want to play Dragon Quest IX. :D

some people say that DS games might look kinda awkward on the 3DS, but i don't think it's anything that'll ruin the game. i've yet to see it myself, sooooooo...
300Suns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 300Suns

[QUOTE="300Suns"] i don't blame you :P[QUOTE="iLostmyeye"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] exactly. you can play your NA 3DS anywhere in the world, as long as you use american cartridges. also, you can buy DS games (note i said DS and NOT 3DS) from anywhere in the world and they'll work on your 3DS... just mind that language barrier.BrunoBRS

some people say that DS games might look kinda awkward on the 3DS, but i don't think it's anything that'll ruin the game. i've yet to see it myself, sooooooo...

I've heard that "issue" is far over blown :P all the youtube videos I've watched on the subject comfirm it looks good, and the uploaders also agree that it look fine.

iLostmyeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 iLostmyeye
some people say that DS games might look kinda awkward on the 3DS, but i don't think it's anything that'll ruin the game. i've yet to see it myself, sooooooo...BrunoBRS
Yeah I know but I don't care. I'll wear my glasses if I had to and play the hell out of it. :)
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BrunoBRS

I've heard that "issue" is far over blown :P all the youtube videos I've watched on the subject comfirm it looks good, and the uploaders also agree that it look fine.

300Suns
well i was chatting through skype with a friend and he said most sprite-based games look grainy (not pixelated, grainy), but polygon games (such as dragon quest and zelda) are fine.