3DS Ambassador GBA games

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#51 glimpus
Member since 2004 • 2306 Posts

My wish list for the other 5 gba games:

Superstar Saga

Minish Cap

Mario Tennis

Mario Golf

Wario Land 4

guitarman89

superstar saga was great. i couldnt really get into partners in time though.

Nightowl99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Nightowl99
Member since 2011 • 220 Posts
Here's my wishlist, Super Mario Bros. 3 and Minish Cap. The rest I'll leave up to Nintendo. I'm looking for some games I haven't played.
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
Any 5 from this group would make me happy. Advance Wars Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Fire Emblem Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones Golden Sun Golden Sun: The Lost Age Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town Jurassic Park III: Park Builder (Shut it, it was one of the games that came with my GBA and it was awesome) Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories Kirby & the Amazing Mirror The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 Wario Land 4
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

[QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"][QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Me too, I lost my copy. :(

Spinnerweb

Me too. I sold my Minish Cap as I don't really have anything to play it on anymore. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

This is funny, but me too. :P

I just hope the games aren't as bad as the NES ones. :D And free Pokemon sounds cool, yet I doubt Ninty will be that nice. :(

They are not free. You payed 80 dollars for them.
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#55 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

No. They're free. You already got what you agreed to pay $250 for. That someone else gets it cheaper is irrelevant.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
[QUOTE="Spinnerweb"]

[QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"] Me too. I sold my Minish Cap as I don't really have anything to play it on anymore. I'm not getting my hopes up though.Rod90

I just hope the games aren't as bad as the NES ones. :D And free Pokemon sounds cool, yet I doubt Ninty will be that nice. :(

Actually, we just paid $80 dollars more for our 3DS because we were inpatient.
TwiddleChimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 TwiddleChimp
Member since 2011 • 1878 Posts

Yes! I was praying they'd throw in the Minish Cap.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#58 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
[QUOTE="Spinnerweb"]

[QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"] Me too. I sold my Minish Cap as I don't really have anything to play it on anymore. I'm not getting my hopes up though.Rod90

Wrong. MSRP states that at the time of the 3ds was launched it was to be priced 250 dollars. there was no asterisk by the 250 stating that we were paying 80 dollars for 20 free downloaded games, and even if we were, it would still be a better deal than paying 170 and NOT getting the games. Also your wrong opinion is so 3 months ago. NOBODY CARES.
EntropyWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 EntropyWins
Member since 2010 • 1209 Posts

I hope there is not a pokemon game.

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="Spinnerweb"]

garrett_duffman

Wrong. MSRP states that at the time of the 3ds was launched it was to be priced 250 dollars. there was no asterisk by the 250 stating that we were paying 80 dollars for 20 free downloaded games, and even if we were, it would still be a better deal than paying 170 and NOT getting the games. Also your wrong opinion is so 3 months ago. NOBODY CARES.

It's not really wrong. Really it's somewhere in the middle. It was our fault for getting the system early but I think Nintendo did owe us something as the people who bought it for the higher price are probably most of it's most loyal fans. They had to give us something as we are kind of important to them (at least we should be). It's really an apology gift.

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts

I think they've announced 5 out of 10. Can't wait either way.

Edit: Here they are:

• Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
  • Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  • Metroid Fusion
  • WarioWare, Inc.: Minigame Mania
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong
  • Pokemon Emerald
  • The Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap
  • Kirby And The Amazing Mirror
  • Super Mario Ball
  • WarioWare Twisted (Up To Date 3DS Motion Controls)

outworld222

The ones in bold are the only confirmed games the others are either speculation or rumors I just dont think nintendo would force two wario games down our throats and am still hoping Mario Luigi Superstar saga

Flame3DS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Flame3DS
Member since 2011 • 57 Posts

I am really looking forward to Metroid Fusion, when will these games be available for purchase?

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Rod90

I am really looking forward to Metroid Fusion, when will these games be available for purchase?

Flame3DS
Never. There will be available only for the people who spend $80 more on the 3DS.
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 garrett_duffman
[QUOTE="Flame3DS"]

Rod90
Never. There will be available only for the people who spend $80 more on the 3DS.

What do you know? wrong again. Nintendo has only claimed that they have no plans as of this moment to release the GBA games to the general public, which we all know will be subject to change, just based off of nintendo's track record of saying they have no plans to do something then do it.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#65 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Never. There will be available only for the people who spend $80 more on the 3DS.Rod90
So says Nintendo. There's no way they'll pass by potential revenue by not offering the games for sale. They just won't announce it for a while so as to not piss off all of their so-called Ambassadors.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Rod90
[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="Flame3DS"]

garrett_duffman

What do you know? wrong again. Nintendo has only claimed that they have no plans as of this moment to release the GBA games to the general public, which we all know will be subject to change, just based off of nintendo's track record of saying they have no plans to do something then do it.

Wow, you are picking up on me today, right? Im statin facts. There's no way to purchase Metroid Fusion now or in the foreseable future.
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 garrett_duffman
[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="garrett_duffman"][QUOTE="Rod90"] Never. There will be available only for the people who spend $80 more on the 3DS.

Wow, you are picking up on me today, right? Im statin facts. There's no way to purchase Metroid Fusion now or in the foreseable future.

its not picking on you, you just have a generally negative (and incorrect) attitude about things as of today. never is solid, written in stone, and the period at the end sets it in stone, I just want the asker of the question to be properly informed.
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#68 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts

[QUOTE="Spinnerweb"]

You're RIGHT!

And according to my calculations, each game cost $4, so we got cheated because we couldn't pick them and 2/3rds were ****.

We should have gotten a $80 balance in the eShop so we could pick out whichever ones we wanted :D

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Raiko101
The only rubbish game from the 10 NES games, in my opinion, is Ice Climbers. The rest are great. Especially Balloon Fight, Donkey Kong Jr and Wrecking Crew.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts

[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="Spinnerweb"]

Spinnerweb

You're RIGHT!

And according to my calculations, each game cost $4, so we got cheated because we couldn't pick them and 2/3rds were ****.

We should have gotten a $80 balance in the eShop so we could pick out whichever ones we wanted :D

your calculations are wrong nintendo has shown that they believe nes games are worth 5$ and most likely they see gba games at least worth 8$
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#71 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts

[QUOTE="Spinnerweb"]

[QUOTE="Rod90"] They are not free. You payed 80 dollars for them.elbert_b_23

You're RIGHT!

your calculations are wrong nintendo has shown that they believe nes games are worth 5$ and most likely they see gba games at least worth 8$

I was calculating the value of each individual game using simple division.

Zelda II was totally not worth $5.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"][QUOTE="Spinnerweb"]

You're RIGHT!

Spinnerweb

I was calculating the value of each individual game using simple division.

Zelda II was totally not worth $5.

regardless what you believe each game is worth doesn't make it worth that, for all i don't believe any game should be 50 or 60$ new but that doesn't mean i can pay less for it
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#73 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

I have gotten five bucks worth out of Zelda II. Stuck on the approach to the final palace. I wish the virtual console featured save states so I could get throught this ridiculousness w/ out untoward starting at the very beginning every single time...

I took Nintendo's "no plans to release to the public" as the same as them being unsure how long it will take them to get the GBA virtual console good enought to charge people for games for it. As I understand it, the games will be released to ambassadors w/ the charming GBA-SP quality of continuing to run even when the lid is closed.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

I have gotten five bucks worth out of Zelda II. Stuck on the approach to the final palace. I wish the virtual console featured save states so I could get throught this ridiculousness w/ out untoward starting at the very beginning every single time...

I took Nintendo's "no plans to release to the public" as the same as them being unsure how long it will take them to get the GBA virtual console good enought to charge people for games for it. As I understand it, the games will be released to ambassadors w/ the charming GBA-SP quality of continuing to run even when the lid is closed.

logicalfrank
I'd heard that, too, but remember most GBA games had a 'sleep mode' feature to beat that.
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 AlmightyDerek
[QUOTE="logicalfrank"]

El_Zo1212o
I'd heard that, too, but remember most GBA games had a 'sleep mode' feature to beat that.

Yeah sleep mode was introduced with the GBA. It was all done with software though and you usually had to pause it and hit sleep mode. It wasn't until the DS that you could just close the system to activate sleep mode. They probably could do something with emulation to trigger sleep mode by closing the system but the games we are getting won't do that.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 El_Zo1212o
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="logicalfrank"]

AlmightyDerek

Yeah sleep mode was introduced with the GBA. It was all done with software though and you usually had to pause it and hit sleep mode. It wasn't until the DS that you could just close the system to activate sleep mode. They probably could do something with emulation to trigger sleep mode by closing the system but the games we are getting won't do that.

Who cares? If it comes ddown to it, they autosave states when you close the software.
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Raiko101
I thought there was no auto-save with GBA ambassador games? Nintendo stated that you specifically had to use the save features within the games.
slidepad3ds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 slidepad3ds
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Awesome set of games, much better than the NES selection.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 El_Zo1212o
I thought there was no auto-save with GBA ambassador games? Nintendo stated that you specifically had to use the save features within the games.Raiko101
Hmm. I might be mistaken then, though I doubt it. I remember thinking it would be just like NES games with a single auto-loading state. Can anyone put up a link to settle the matter?
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
[QUOTE="Raiko101"]I thought there was no auto-save with GBA ambassador games? Nintendo stated that you specifically had to use the save features within the games.El_Zo1212o
Hmm. I might be mistaken then, though I doubt it. I remember thinking it would be just like NES games with a single auto-loading state. Can anyone put up a link to settle the matter?

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=158778
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Rod90
I thought there was no auto-save with GBA ambassador games? Nintendo stated that you specifically had to use the save features within the games.Raiko101
Yes. That is true.
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="garrett_duffman"] What do you know? wrong again. Nintendo has only claimed that they have no plans as of this moment to release the GBA games to the general public, which we all know will be subject to change, just based off of nintendo's track record of saying they have no plans to do something then do it.garrett_duffman

its not picking on you, you just have a generally negative (and incorrect) attitude about things as of today. never is solid, written in stone, and the period at the end sets it in stone, I just want the asker of the question to be properly informed.

The correct answer is not announced for the general public yet. So dont expect these games until at least late 2012 to late 2013 if the 3ds has a dedicated following Nintendo will realease them all to the general public
Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

I hate that they are forcing TWO WarioWare titles into this. If it was just one I wouldn't mind, I would never download/play it because I think WarioWare sucks but it wouldn't bother me too much, but the fact they are taking up two slots with them, especially since only 4 of NES games are any good (Super Mario, Metroid, Zelda & Zelda 2) and I, and probably everyone else who qualified for them, already own those 4 in some form already, really annoys me. I mean if they really wanted to put Wario in the spot light why not give us Wario Land 4, at least then we get a good game with him in, or if it's not Wario why not give us Mario & Luigi or Golden Sun or A Link to the Past or ANYTHING other than a second WarioWare game.

EDIT: Also, while I'm kinda glad the game is there I don't really see the point of Pokemon Emerald been included, I mean how would it work, unless they add the ability to transfer the Pokemon in it to the Gen 4/5 games it's really pointless because you can't complete you Pokedex (no trading), can't battle with friends (unless they add Wifi, which I doubt) and you couldn't really restart the game unless you're happy to lose all your Pokemon.

spike6958

Jeez somebody is ungrateful.... :roll:

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

Outside of Super Mario Bros, Metroid, The Legend of Zelda, The Legend of Zelda II: Link's Adventure, and Donkey Kong Jr. the Nintendo Entertainment System Ambassador games were attrocious, where was Kid Icarus? Kirby? The Japanese Super Mario Bros. II? There were far better choices to pick from; hell I wouldn't have minded Duck Hunt with motion controls either, its better than Wrecking Crew or Golf? Golf? What the ****? Out of all the NES games to pick from they pick ****ing Golf? Hopefully all these games get turned into 3D Classics, and just don't remain 2D in 4:3 aspect ratio with non of the Virtual Console features.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#85 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Outside of Super Mario Bros, Metroid, The Legend of Zelda, The Legend of Zelda II: Link's Adventure, and Donkey Kong Jr. the Nintendo Entertainment System Ambassador games were attrocious, where was Kid Icarus? Kirby? The Japanese Super Mario Bros. II? There were far better choices to pick from; hell I wouldn't have minded Duck Hunt with motion controls either, its better than Wrecking Crew or Golf? Golf? What the ****? Out of all the NES games to pick from they pick ****ing Golf? Hopefully all these games get turned into 3D Classics, and just don't remain 2D in 4:3 aspect ratio with non of the Virtual Console features.

DarkGamer007

I'm not very happy with the ambassador games either, but Balloon Fight and Yoshi are surprisingly decent. :lol:

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

If true, WarioWare: Twisted! would be pretty slick. Such a terrific game. If I had a 3DS, I'd snatch that up, even though I already own the cartridge.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 El_Zo1212o

DarkGamer007
First: shut up- Wrecking Crew was awesome way back in the day and it's still fun now. Second: you're complaining that half of the games you got for free were awesome? Did you play Yoshi? Or Balloon Fight? They were both surprisingly fun to play, so don't badmouth them just because they aren't Nintendo legends. And you should count your lucky stars that out of ten games, none of which you got to choose yourself, that half of them were great.
Flame3DS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Flame3DS
Member since 2011 • 57 Posts

I agree !

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 spike6958

[QUOTE="spike6958"]

I hate that they are forcing TWO WarioWare titles into this. If it was just one I wouldn't mind, I would never download/play it because I think WarioWare sucks but it wouldn't bother me too much, but the fact they are taking up two slots with them, especially since only 4 of NES games are any good (Super Mario, Metroid, Zelda & Zelda 2) and I, and probably everyone else who qualified for them, already own those 4 in some form already, really annoys me. I mean if they really wanted to put Wario in the spot light why not give us Wario Land 4, at least then we get a good game with him in, or if it's not Wario why not give us Mario & Luigi or Golden Sun or A Link to the Past or ANYTHING other than a second WarioWare game.

EDIT: Also, while I'm kinda glad the game is there I don't really see the point of Pokemon Emerald been included, I mean how would it work, unless they add the ability to transfer the Pokemon in it to the Gen 4/5 games it's really pointless because you can't complete you Pokedex (no trading), can't battle with friends (unless they add Wifi, which I doubt) and you couldn't really restart the game unless you're happy to lose all your Pokemon.

Vickman178

Oh, wow, sorry. What should I be grateful for? The fact that over half the NES games where crap, the fact that the're putting two games from the worst series Nintendo has ever made into the GBA list, or the fact that Pokemon Emerald, despite been a good game, is pointless as you can't use a lot of it's key features, and that there will probably be Ruby & Sapphire remakes coming out for 3DS that will make having Emerald on 3DS completely redundant, or the fact that we basically paid for these and yet have no say in what games are actually added to the program?

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 AlmightyDerek

[QUOTE="Vickman178"]

[QUOTE="spike6958"]

spike6958

Oh, wow, sorry. What should I be grateful for? The fact that over half the NES games where crap, the fact that the're putting two games from the worst series Nintendo has ever made into the GBA list, or the fact that Pokemon Emerald, despite been a good game, is pointless as you can't use a lot of it's key features, and that there will probably be Ruby & Sapphire remakes coming out for 3DS that will make having Emerald on 3DS completely redundant, or the fact that we basically paid for these and yet have no say in what games are actually added to the program?

You're NES ambassador games point is somewhat valid although maybe an exaggeration, but Nintendo has only announced 5 GBA games. Those others are likely just made up. No point in getting mad about them yet. Also many people will disagree that Warioware is the worst series Nintendo ever made.

glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#91 glimpus
Member since 2004 • 2306 Posts

Balloon Fight is my most played of the NES games (reminds me a lot of Joust which was one of my first favourite games as a kid). I only really kept that, Zelda 1 and 2, Mario Bros and Metroid anyway. The rest didn't do anything for me. That said, 5 out of 10 ain't bad, but it's not great either.

I could see different types of gamers having fun with all of the offered games, except for Golf. That was just a stupid choice.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#92 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

I could see different types of gamers having fun with all of the offered games, except for Golf. That was just a stupid choice.

glimpus

I think everyone can agree with that. :P

I was expecting Kid Icarus. It would have promoted the new game and it would have been more fun.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Raiko101
Golf is good. At least I think so. It's quite hard, but once you get used to the timing you can blitz that game.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
Member since 2007 • 1255 Posts

Pokemon Emerald! YES. I knew they'd give us a pokemon game :)

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 El_Zo1212o

Pokemon Emerald! YES. I knew they'd give us a pokemon game :)

Hobbsey07
You ought to read the whole thread.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#96 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

Any chance Nintendo will release these GBA games on the eshop? I didn't sign up for the Ambassador program.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Raiko101
It's not unlikely, but I suspect it will be another year at least. We've got Game Gear and NES games to be put up first, and I suspect Nintendo will focus on those for the time being. Maybe they feel that by releasing GBA games they will hamper the sales of older VC games. A lot of gamers will look past Gameboy games simply because they're black and white.
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 spike6958

Any chance Nintendo will release these GBA games on the eshop? I didn't sign up for the Ambassador program.

SpinoRaptor24
These are currently Ambassador exclusives, with no plans to release them, or other GBA games anytime soon though that may change in the future. However updated versions of the NES games where confirmed from the start to be coming to the eshop at a later date, with patches been available for Ambassadors to receive the updates.
Pandajerk63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Pandajerk63
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I really hope that Super mario world or super mario bros 3 is one of the gba games. I would say both, but i know Nintendo does not love us that much.

orion_52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 orion_52
Member since 2008 • 595 Posts

Is Minish Cap confirmed?