2 stikes for Chrono Trigger

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Corvidae
Member since 2003 • 4357 Posts

At least in my book.

1: They're porting the game with very little improvements. That's fine. I can live with that. It's one of the best games of all time, so there isn't really a need. I would love to see some sharper graphics or added content beyond what's been announced, but I'm still on board.

2: $40? Come on! I know it's only $5-$10 more than normal game, but it's almost a direct port. How much work could have possible gone into it compared to the FF remakes or *gasp* an actually new title? The principle of this really gets on my nerves.

Oh well. Like the title says: 2 strikes, not 3. I'll probably still get it, but I'm not nearly as happy as I was when it was first announced.

Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts

Most square-enix games sell for about $10. more than regular DS titles.

Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Canuck3000
Member since 2004 • 40562 Posts
SE games are always a ton of money >_>

It wont hurt sales though
gonzales1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gonzales1
Member since 2003 • 2591 Posts
But why? Why $10 more? What's the reasoning behind that? Is Square-Enix really that greedy?
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

They've added some new dungeons.

diped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 diped
Member since 2008 • 2005 Posts
But why? Why $10 more? What's the reasoning behind that? Is Square-Enix really that greedy?gonzales1
Its quite clear the reasoning is, hey people are going to buy it anyway, more money and financial success for our business.
Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Corvidae
Member since 2003 • 4357 Posts

Soulreavercross

Yeah, I know, but the FF remakes and new titles require a lot more work than what is essentially a direct port. That's why this is more aggravating than the usual.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

[QUOTE="gonzales1"]But why? Why $10 more? What's the reasoning behind that? Is Square-Enix reallythatgreedy?diped
Its quite clear the reasoning is, hey people are going to buy it anyway, more money and financial success for our business.

Square Enix is actually in financial trouble. They don't plan on making more non-mainstream games until profits pick up.

gonzales1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gonzales1

[QUOTE="diped"][QUOTE="gonzales1"]But why? Why $10 more? What's the reasoning behind that? Is Square-Enix reallythatgreedy?clicketyclick

Square Enix is actually in http://www.destructoid.com/more-detail-from-square-president-no-more-non-mainstream-games-allowed-87774.phtml" title="http://www.destructoid.com/more-detail-from-square-president-no-more-non-mainstream-games-allowed-87774.phtml">financial trouble. They don't plan on making more non-mainstream games until profits pick up.

OK now Square-Enix is in my companies that suck list next to Ubisoft and EA.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 clicketyclick

OK now Square-Enix is in my companies that suck list next to Ubisoft and EA.

gonzales1

They're a good company, but that's just it: they're a company. Companies can't continue to exist when they're making games at a loss or losing money for their shareholders. They've got a great team, but unless they have the financial freedom to do what they want, they're going to be restricted. The best thing to do, I think, is to financially support them by buying their games and hope that soon, they'll stop with the remakes and continue making games like TWEWY.

danny5329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 danny5329
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts
The $40 could have been worth it if the graphics and background were upgraded to the level of Final Fantasy IV.
-starman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -starman-
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts

[QUOTE="diped"][QUOTE="gonzales1"]But why? Why $10 more? What's the reasoning behind that? Is Square-Enix reallythatgreedy?clicketyclick

Square Enix is actually in financial trouble. They don't plan on making more non-mainstream games until profits pick up.

Bah, I hate it when companies talk that way; they make it sound like they're losing money, when in fact, they are just making less. Perhaps the fact that they didn't release a huge, new Gen, FF game this year might have had something to do with them not making quite as much money.

I wish Square had never merged with Enix. Seperately, we were spoiled with two competing companies producing great games, but together, it seems like they are taking less risks than ever.

I'll still support them, but SE better be careful that by maximizing their profits, they don't end up watering down the product.

parksits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 parksits
Member since 2005 • 1037 Posts
you know...square enix would do fine if they'd just stop making dumb remakes, and finally do the games we really care about, i mean YEAH ff4 is good and all, but we all know that the only two games that should be remade from now on are ff6 and 7. in terms of remakes i would buy, those are the two, just think of the killing they'd make on those. even if you're not a ff 7 fan, there's about 20 phsyco ff7 fans to replace every one person that doesn't like it.
Kurezan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Kurezan
Member since 2008 • 1850 Posts

They've added some new dungeons.

Minishdriveby

Well that's a good thing...

I'll get this game ether way... Even if nothing is improved.

-starman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -starman-
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts

you know...square enix would do fine if they'd just stop making dumb remakes, and finally do the games we really care about, i mean YEAH ff4 is good and all, but we all know that the only two games that should be remade from now on are ff6 and 7. in terms of remakes i would buy, those are the two, just think of the killing they'd make on those. even if you're not a ff 7 fan, there's about 20 phsyco ff7 fans to replace every one person that doesn't like it. parksits

Remakes are essentially cash grabs, though. I don't think they're suffering because they make them, unless absolutely nobody buys them. I mean, they've now ported AND remade FFIV for the PS1, the GBA and the DS. It must makes them a few $$.

in2DarKneSs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 in2DarKneSs
Member since 2006 • 233 Posts
Yeah, Sqaure-Enix is so broke that they barely had the 200 million dollars to front for their Tecmo bid. Square-Enix has not lost money, they are just not going to meet their fiscal projections for this year, there is a large difference. It is not completely a straight up port either, new dungeons (whoopeee! I know), and a new touchscreen feature that will prolly play like pokemon D/P/Plat. Mebbe if we're lucky the new dungeons will have something to do with the lost parts of the story between CT and CC.
cfamgcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 cfamgcn
Member since 2004 • 5587 Posts

It's better to pay $40 for the original game+dungeons than $60+ trying to find the original game ~ de arimasu

I would love to see more than a port, though ~ de arimasu

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 clicketyclick

Bah, I hate it when companies talk that way; they make it sound like they're losing money, when in fact, they are just making less. Perhaps the fact that they didn't release a huge, new Gen, FF game this year might have had something to do with them not making quite as much money.

-starman-

Well, they released a lot of games in 2007, including a number of FF titles, and while it's true they didn't have a huge new FF, neither did they for four years before FFXII. But that's just the point; they're going to focus on making only mainstream games like FF so that they won't have drops like this.

Their profits are down, which is bad. Any line graph showing plummeting sales is bad news for the company. When a company starts losing money such that they're in the red, that's when it's likely too late to turn things around by changing business strategy.

Yeah, Sqaure-Enix is so broke that they barely had the 200 million dollars to front for their Tecmo bid. Square-Enix has not lost money, they are just not going to meet their fiscal projections for this year, there is a large difference. in2DarKneSs

No, it's not a matter of not meeting projections; it's a matter of making 20.9% less profit than the year before. Last year, revenue grew by 31.3%, but this year, fell by 9.8%. Sales are down 45.7% in North America, 41.1% in Asia, and 35.3% in Europe. (Source)

gonzales1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gonzales1
~ de arimasu

~ de arimasu

cfamgcn

OK I'll bite....what does de arimasu mean.....

cfamgcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cfamgcn
[QUOTE="cfamgcn"]~ de arimasu

~ de arimasu

gonzales1

It is not like I want people asking me that all the time ~ de arimashou :P

Check my blog for an explanation (I don't want to write it... again) ~ de arimasu

Returning to the main thread... I do hope Square-Enix starts meeting its expectations... lots of companies are going down these days (Tecmo, Majesco...) ~ de arimashou

gonzales1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gonzales1
[QUOTE="gonzales1"][QUOTE="cfamgcn"]~ de arimasu

~ de arimasu

cfamgcn

Check my blog for an explanation (I don't want to write it... again) ~ de arimasu

"... I absolutely love j-rock and mostly anything coming from Japan"

Ah ok....you are a weeaboo. That explains it.

ljthegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ljthegreat
Member since 2005 • 48 Posts
De arimasu (or desu) pronounced like Darimas or dess are inutile words added on for no reason in an anime. The Japanese are crazy ! XD
thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

While people here, on game forums and such, buy rpg's, and buy Square Enix games, the rest of the world... doesn't.

I'm just saying, I expected Square Enix games to sell more than they do, and I really wish it to be so when they usually produce such stellar titles. I mean, for one thing, FF 10 only sold around 6 million copies, when there are over 140 million ps2 units. Not enough people buy rpg's, and Square puts in a lot of money into their development team. So they can't take such risks now. Just my 2 cents. It's also the reason why I'm angry at people themselves for not buying enough of Square Enix's games; then maybe they wouldn't have made FF 13 a mulit-plat... but that's getting off topic

And guess what, you're really in the minority for being annoyed that Chrono Trigger's a straight up port with a few additions here and there. Be honest with yourself, if Square announced a similar upgrade to FF4, wouldn't you and the rest of the original CT fans be in uproar are changing your beloved game? Do you know how many purists state their loathing for Square Enix due to a few changes lines of dialogue alone, in their ports/remakes?

The rest of us here were too young to experience a game released so late into the SNES's life, and wouldn't care for an upgrade having known so little about the original. I find this to be a true game worthy of being released again, especially if the rumours hold true that there will be cinematics from the ps1 port, as well as none of the long load times previously seen in said port.

Plus, $40 is what amounts to $57 to $60 over here when the game hits stores. I don't want to say to be grateful, but... well, just put that into perspective somewhat ;)

cfamgcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cfamgcn

De arimasu (or desu) pronounced like Darimas or dess are inutile words added on for no reason in an anime. The Japanese are crazy ! XDljthegreat

They are indeed crazy... ~ de arimasu :P

I wish they were words like that in Spanish/English. ~ de arimasu :cry:

ljthegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ljthegreat
Member since 2005 • 48 Posts

Um, well we could make one! ~ buttpaste

We shall be heroes! ~ chickensoup

cfamgcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cfamgcn

Um, well we could make one! ~ buttpaste

We shall be heroes! ~ chickensoup

ljthegreat

Hmm... buttpaste? ~ de arimasuka :lol:

Oh... we went completely off-topic there ~ de arimasu :P

kool764

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kool764
Member since 2006 • 166 Posts

Yeah, Sqaure-Enix is so broke that they barely had the 200 million dollars to front for their Tecmo bid. .in2DarKneSs

lol word8)

Hurblegeebie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hurblegeebie
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts

While people here, on game forums and such, buy rpg's, and buy Square Enix games, the rest of the world... doesn't.

I'm just saying, I expected Square Enix games to sell more than they do, and I really wish it to be so when they usually produce such stellar titles. I mean, for one thing, FF 10 only sold around 6 million copies, when there are over 140 million ps2 units. Not enough people buy rpg's, and Square puts in a lot of money into their development team. So they can't take such risks now. Just my 2 cents. It's also the reason why I'm angry at people themselves for not buying enough of Square Enix's games; then maybe they wouldn't have made FF 13 a mulit-plat... but that's getting off topic

And guess what, you're really in the minority for being annoyed that Chrono Trigger's a straight up port with a few additions here and there. Be honest with yourself, if Square announced a similar upgrade to FF4, wouldn't you and the rest of the original CT fans be in uproar are changing your beloved game? Do you know how many purists state their loathing for Square Enix due to a few changes lines of dialogue alone, in their ports/remakes?

The rest of us here were too young to experience a game released so late into the SNES's life, and wouldn't care for an upgrade having known so little about the original. I find this to be a true game worthy of being released again, especially if the rumours hold true that there will be cinematics from the ps1 port, as well as none of the long load times previously seen in said port.

Plus, $40 is what amounts to $57 to $60 over here when the game hits stores. I don't want to say to be grateful, but... well, just put that into perspective somewhat ;)

thattotally

Uh... you get angry at people for not buying Squre Enix games? That's a bit silly. Most people just don't want to buy boring rahash games. I'd play a Bioware game with a more mature storyline over a childish *** rpg anyday.

grabeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 grabeh
Member since 2005 • 426 Posts

LOL at the link that said SE is not making any more non-mainstream games. Just as when the argument about companies trying to create uninspired and done-to-death video games instead of being unique and creative was dying down.

Personally, I don't really care if its $40. Why? Never played it before. Of course, for those who already played the game for about 10 times already, I don't know why you guys even want to buy the game again in the first place. I guess its for nostalgic purposes.

Oh and to the guy that said that he'd rather buy Mature Bioware games than childish JRPGs....HECK YEAH! I would too, but you're missing the point though. DS is all about JRPGs. In fact, every single console with the exception of the XBOX and the 360 are all about the JRPGs. There's just something about pointy chinned, huge eyed, non-existent nose, androgynous, and white skinned characters that people like.

Also to whoever that guy/girl saying that "de arimasu" whatchamalit. Let me guess. Rosen Maiden?

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 clicketyclick

De arimasu (or desu) pronounced like Darimas or dess are inutile words added on for no reason in an anime. The Japanese are crazy ! XDljthegreat

Um, no. Arimasu is a verb meaning, roughly, "there is" or maybe "exists" for non-living things. It's almost always heard with the particle "ga" in front, not "de". "De arimasu" is an extremely stuffy and formal way of saying "desu", that something exists or stating a fact. Needless to say, cfam is using it way out of context.

gonzales1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gonzales1

Needless to say, cfam is using it way out of context.clicketyclick

Reason why I hate weeaboos. Watch this-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIbPgEyOGs4

They are basically just brainwashed idiots.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clicketyclick

[QUOTE="clicketyclick"]Needless to say, cfam is using it way out of context.gonzales1

hahah, wow. I love the japanese announcers. They're using the word "gaikokujin" to refer to them which literally translated is gai = outside, koku = country, jin = person. They're calling them "foreigners" or "outsiders". It has a bit of a hostile tone, if I recall my teacher correctly.

cfamgcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cfamgcn

Needless to say, cfam is using it way out of context.

clicketyclick

It is not like I don't know how it works (I'm learning japanese :P). ~ de arimasu

I just like the way it sounds. ~ de arimasune :P

gonzales1

Don't generalize, please. Not all the people who love the japanese culture look/act like that. I don't ~ de arimasu

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 clicketyclick

[QUOTE="clicketyclick"]Needless to say, cfam is using it way out of context.

cfamgcn

It is not like I don't know how it works (I'm learning japanese :P). ~ de arimasu

I just like the way it sounds. ~ de arimasune :P

gonzales1

Don't generalize, please. Not all the people who love the japanese culture look/act like that. I don't ~ de arimasu

To be honest, and I don't mean to be rude, but it's a little annoying that you stick it at the end of everything. And if you did know how it works, you wouldn't be using it how you are. I mean, you even have it all by itself in your avatar.

I think what gonzales meant by the reference to the video is that there are a lot of Western Japanophiles who know a few words in Japanese but pepper their sentences with them, pronouncing or using it wrong. And from the video, it seems the Japanese are a little perplexed and bemused by it all.

cfamgcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cfamgcn

To be honest, and I don't mean to be rude, but it's a little annoying that you stick it at the end of everything.

Some people have told me that already... and some other people love it ~ de arimasu :P

And if you did know how it works, you wouldn't be using it how you are. I mean, you even have it all by itself in your avatar.

Trying to get the "de arimasu" alone for the avatar, I chopped off the sentence before. I know how it works, but I don't want to use it like that. It is just for fun... besides, I'm getting pretty popular ~ de arimashou :P

I think what gonzales meant by the reference to the video is that there are a lot of Western Japanophiles who know a few words in Japanese but pepper their sentences with them, pronouncing or using it wrong. And from the video, it seems the Japanese are a little perplexed and bemused by it all.

Sorry, but first he defined me as a "weeaboo", and then said "I hate weeaboos, because they are brainwashed idiots". Is he generalizing or what? ~ de arimasuka

I'm not mad or anything, everyone has a right to think whatever... just wanted to point that out. ~ de arimasuclicketyclick

bluej33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#36 bluej33
Member since 2007 • 687 Posts
Those aren't big issues for me, personally. I never played Chorno Trigger originally so I don't care much about new content. And I'm used to the ten dollar Squeenix tax, so while I'm not thrilled about it, the 40-dollar price tag isn't much of a turn-off for me.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 clicketyclick

Some people have told me that already... and some other people love it ~ de arimasu :Pcfamgcn

Well frankly, the people who love it have little knowledge of Japanese, because if you actually know what it means, it's annoying, as it always is when someone purposefully misuses a language. :-/

And I still do doubt you knew (know?) what it means, considering you didn't correct ljthegreat who said that it doesn't mean anything and is just for decoration on the ends of sentences when you responded to him. You also said you wish there were words like it in English and Spanish. Well, considering it's a verb comparative to "To Be", it already does exist, and if you knew what it meant, you'd know that.

AlmightyMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#38 AlmightyMax
Member since 2007 • 1087 Posts

OH MY GOD! IT'S FIVE BUCKS MORE THAN THE NORM! It's the Braid effect all over again.

Honestly I wouldn't care if it was sixty bucks, I'm totally down for a portable version of the best game ever created. Will most certainly be picking it up.

JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#39 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts
New dungeons added onto one of the best RPG's of all time and turned portable for the first time. That truly doesn't sound like it's worhth $40. :roll:
cfamgcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cfamgcn
[QUOTE="cfamgcn"]

Some people have told me that already... and some other people love it ~ de arimasu :Pclicketyclick

Well frankly, the people who love it have little knowledge of Japanese, because if you actually know what it means, it's annoying, as it always is when someone purposefully misuses a language. :-/

And I still do doubt you knew (know?) what it means, considering you didn't correct ljthegreat who said that it doesn't mean anything and is just for decoration on the ends of sentences when you responded to him. You also said you wish there were words like it in English and Spanish. Well, considering it's a verb comparative to "To Be", it already does exist, and if you knew what it meant, you'd know that.

*sigh*

I'm just imitating a character from Shakugan no Shana who does the exact same thing... it has nothing to do with misusing the language or not (as I told you, I'm studying some japanese and know pretty well people don't talk like that ever). In that context, it does not mean anything ~ de arimasu

EDIT: I do wish I could use some Spanish/English verb or phrase like it meant nothing at the end of everything ~ de arimasune :P

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#41 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

Soulreavercross

What?!

DS games sell for $30 in the US?

Isn't that like £15?

:cry:

cfamgcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 cfamgcn
What?!

DS games sell for $30 in the US?

Isn't that like £15?

:cry:

fabz_95

I've heard games are more expensive in Europe... and we complain here ~ de arimasu :P

Square-Enix games are in fact more expensive. For example, The World Ends with you, which you can fin new at $39.99 ~ de arimasu

Chunkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chunkman
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

you know...square enix would do fine if they'd just stop making dumb remakes, and finally do the games we really care about, i mean YEAH ff4 is good and all, but we all know that the only two games that should be remade from now on are ff6 and 7. in terms of remakes i would buy, those are the two, just think of the killing they'd make on those. even if you're not a ff 7 fan, there's about 20 phsyco ff7 fans to replace every one person that doesn't like it. parksits

It's the sad truth, isn't it, ahaha.

But really, I'd be seriously interested in an FFVII remake, as I never was able to play it. (I was like 8 and I had an N64 instead of a Playstation).

gonzales1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gonzales1

Sorry, but first he defined me as a "weeaboo", and then said "I hate weeaboos, because they are brainwashed idiots". Is he generalizing or what? ~ de arimasuka

I'm not mad or anything, everyone has a right to think whatever... just wanted to point that out. ~ de arimasucfamgcn

Alright yeah that was a little harsh...so I apologize. It's just that I live with 2 sisters who themselves are what I call weeaboos.....so it gets a little infuriating sometimes. I can see now that you just do it for fun so good for you....but to just do it for attention is the wrong reason. That's what I'd like to call attention-whoring...

GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts

Well, some of us never played the original game, and don't want to take out their SNES and serch on EBay for the game.

Alexander146

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Alexander146
Member since 2005 • 722 Posts

Direct Port or not, I'm still probably getting it for several reasons. One, Chrono Trigger was awesome, and Two, Square Enix has NEVER let me down. After DQ8, FF12, Crisis Core, TWEWY and the like, I'm confident they'll do a great job.

noamatt128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 noamatt128
Member since 2005 • 231 Posts

phew, you had me worried for a second...these are "balls" not strikes

Soilworkcob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Soilworkcob
Member since 2003 • 626 Posts

Anyone know if this version is going to have the anime cutscenes or not? I'm figuring they're not because the DS carts only hold about 100 megs of space. Still, it might be possible.

I'm definatly buying, regardless. However, it's not high on my priority list.

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts

Anyone know if this version is going to have the anime cutscenes or not? I'm figuring they're not because the DS carts only hold about 100 megs of space. Still, it might be possible.

I'm definatly buying, regardless. However, it's not high on my priority list.

Soilworkcob
I believe it will, it's going to be the PS1 version more or less.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 clicketyclick
[QUOTE="cfamgcn"]I think what gonzales meant by the reference to the video is that there are a lot of Western Japanophiles who know a few words in Japanese but pepper their sentences with them, pronouncing or using it wrong. And from the video, it seems the Japanese are a little perplexed and bemused by it all.

I'm not mad or anything, everyone has a right to think whatever... just wanted to point that out. ~ de arimasugonzales1

Alright yeah that was a little harsh...so I apologize. It's just that I live with 2 sisters who themselves are what I call weeaboos.....so it gets a little infuriating sometimes. I can see now that you just do it for fun so good for you....but to just do it for attention is the wrong reason. That's what I'd like to call attention-whoring...

The people in the vid you linked were also just doing it for fun... ;)