Xenoblade X Battle video play

This topic is locked from further discussion.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

User Lists: 0

#1 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

As you all know, Nintendo has uploaded their Xenoblade X video that was explaining the battle mechanics quite a while back. Now the basic battle sequences is the same as the previous Xenoblade, but one of the cool new addition is that now you will have to keep a close eye/ear on your teammates shouts. The teammate will request for you for a back up with either a melee skill or a range skill. If you answer the teammates request with either skill, you will trigger an combo attack with your teammate that will give a boost on damage.

Another new system, is targeting a enemies body part to gain certain items that can be only obtained if you break that body part. Example from the video, when the player is fighting a giant crab, he/she target the claws and destroys them, which in the end he gets the crab claws as the reward.

Another new feature in the battle sequence is the charging up your skill attack. Meaning when you use it once, there is recharge time before being able to use it again. But after it is charged, you can let it charge again which you will be able to tell by the blue bar around the skill is still being charged.

This one was my favorite, GEARS. Your gears are manufactured by different companies, and if you equip a certain companies gear and defeat enemies while having them equipped, you are advertising for the company and you gain experience for that company. The more you gain experience, the more new gears are released. What is also cool is that depending on the company, the type/design of the gears are different. Such as one company uses the colonies materials to create their gears, so they will look human like gears. But another company uses the resources from the planet which gives it a more alien-like design.

Looking at the videos, I am getting more hyped for this game. The next video will explain about the robots or should I say DOLLS

and this one is the partially subbed version

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

For godsake, can they make ONE GAME without small annoying teenagers and comic relief characters?

I can't fathom how any grown adult can play japanese games without feeling shame and disgust.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

oh wow! I'm loving the advertising aspect. Plus being able to target the part you will need. It means that some stuff will be more rare than other parts in group hunts, but it makes for very interesting farming.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

The more I see it, the more I am disappointed we outside of Japan don't have a release date. This game is looking better & better everytime they show it...just hope Nintendo will advertise this game when its release in the outside of Japan & NoA not do anything stupid to hinder its sales. :P

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#5 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

@bunchanumbers the customization on you equipment was good too. You have the head, torso, left arm, right arm, then the legs. Will be an interesting way to equip your characters with different gears.

@superbuuman yeah they need to advertise this game more. Nintendo of America is not really that well known for advertising, and right now it seems that they only mostly use youtube for advertising.