With New 3DS comes new cases/accessories...

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

In addition to the mandatory AC adaptor, one will likely pick up a new case and maybe some accessories.

The only "official" case I've seen so far is one by Hori--the hardcase with the NES controller on it. Looks serviceable and quite like the PDP(I believe) blue/grey/black case I got at 3ds launch. My issue with it is it only holds 8 games. Does anybody know of, or seen, any other cases that might be worth a look?

I'm also wondering if Nintendo will release a dock for the New 3DS. I have got to say that I've grown so accustomed to simply sitting the console in there to charge.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

If they release a Majora's Mask case I'll buy it. I'd want a case that matches my system. If not hopefully my Persona Q case will do the trick.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#3  Edited By freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

Im going to warn you, I wouldnt buy Hori's New 3DS XL case, I imported mine from Japan and its not a complete fit. It can easily come off with just a small push from your finger

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@Heirren said:

In addition to the mandatory AC adaptor, one will likely pick up a new case and maybe some accessories.

The only "official" case I've seen so far is one by Hori--the hardcase with the NES controller on it. Looks serviceable and quite like the PDP(I believe) blue/grey/black case I got at 3ds launch. My issue with it is it only holds 8 games. Does anybody know of, or seen, any other cases that might be worth a look?

I'm also wondering if Nintendo will release a dock for the New 3DS. I have got to say that I've grown so accustomed to simply sitting the console in there to charge.

I thought that the N3DS and the old 3DS were around the same size? shouldn't they be a pretty close fit?

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

I actually ended up purchasing a waterfield 3ds XL case. I seen this on Kotaku, and like how it's more for adult's than a kiddy case. Kotaku had great things to say about the materials and the fit so I decided to pay the extra and get one in black. I want to protect my new Majora's Mask 3DS XL, so the little extra money is fine. Now I just need to find where they got the 3 game case holders. Everywhere seems to have the 24 game case holders, but I want the ones that will fit in this case's pocket.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Metroid case and I'll buy it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@ryangcnx-2 said:

I actually ended up purchasing a waterfield 3ds XL case. I seen this on Kotaku, and like how it's more for adult's than a kiddy case. Kotaku had great things to say about the materials and the fit so I decided to pay the extra and get one in black. I want to protect my new Majora's Mask 3DS XL, so the little extra money is fine. Now I just need to find where they got the 3 game case holders. Everywhere seems to have the 24 game case holders, but I want the ones that will fit in this case's pocket.

I remember someone mentioning those a while back. How do you like it as far as protection? I ask because I cycle most of the year in the city. I have a Pelican for my ipad. I don't see many cases that reinforce the shape that much. I've also got a lot of 3ds games.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#8  Edited By freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

what kind of case are you talking about here? Do you mean like protection case like the clear protectors or Nerf Protectors? If so, I would not recommend Hori, they will come off very easily with a tiny push from your finger. Trust me, if you buy it, you will regret it. I bought it as a temporary case and I changed it as soon as a better one came out.

the pink color is to tell you how the case is fitted,

Now if you are talking about cases, like Hard pouch, then Hori I can recommend.

The type of pouches Hori has are these

The top pouch is a soft pouch and it is a little big, enough to fit in 2 3DS. The bottom one is a hard pouch and can hold up to 3 games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-57d307c5efcda

@Heirren said:

@ryangcnx-2 said:

I remember someone mentioning those a while back. How do you like it as far as protection? I ask because I cycle most of the year in the city. I have a Pelican for my ipad. I don't see many cases that reinforce the shape that much. I've also got a lot of 3ds games.

I'll be able to tell you probably this week. I actually just ordered one the day before this post after I seen the review on Kotaku when searching for good 3ds xl cases.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-57d307c5efcda

@ryangcnx-2 said:

@Heirren said:

@ryangcnx-2 said:

I'll be able to tell you probably this week. I actually just ordered one the day before this post after I seen the review on Kotaku when searching for good 3ds xl cases.

Alright, I have been using it for a bit now and I gotta say it's really nice. The materials seem tough, theirs a spot for 3 games in the front, but theirs also a zip pocket in the back that you could put more carts in too. It's not that hard to bring around 10 games without bulging in the back if you line them 2 high and 5 across plus the 3 in the front. It does feel very nice and has lots of padding too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@ryangcnx-2:

Thanks.

You already have the new 3ds?

Right now I'm between getting a hori(not much protection), the one you have, or buying a smaller pelican and self cutting the foam.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-57d307c5efcda

@Heirren

I don't have the new 3ds yet, I'm using it right now with the original XL. Been replaying OOT 3D in excitement for MM lol. Wish I already had the new one though lol