Wiiu Pro Controller with Game Pad

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tech_nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Tech_nobody
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Can I use the WiiU Pro Controller with the WiiU gamepad? I know the Pro Controller doesn't work with all games. If I use a USB cable connected to the WiiU console to charge the controller will it continue to charge when the console if off?

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Do you mean play in off screen mode with the pro controller? I'm not sure what you meant.

If I recall correctly, the Pro controllers don't charge when the console is off.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts
@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Do you mean play in off screen mode with the pro controller? I'm not sure what you meant.

If I recall correctly, the Pro controllers don't charge when the console is off.

I charged my pro controller on a usb port on the home computer before. The WiiU was not on when I did this.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@tech_nobody said:

Can I use the WiiU Pro Controller with the WiiU gamepad? I know the Pro Controller doesn't work with all games. If I use a USB cable connected to the WiiU console to charge the controller will it continue to charge when the console if off?

Yes. I play MK8 all the time using the pro controller and using the gamepad as the screen.
Not sure if the Wii U needs to be turned on if you charge through the USB port on it.