Wii Won't Read Any Disc

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BanjoMumbo (512 posts) -

I have a Wii, and it won't read discs. All discs are in perfect condition, and should work normally. I bought a lens cleaner, followed the instructions, and it still failed. Could somebody help me with this situation?

#2 Posted by chris3116 (12174 posts) -

Call Nintendo.

#3 Posted by nini200 (9390 posts) -

I have a friend that this happened to. What I did when I wen't over to their house was turned on the system and waited until I heard it try to catch the disk and right before it tried to catch, I shook the system and it started back working. Nintendo doesn't advise you do that though because it may mess up some internal workings, other than that, it's time for a repair. Hopefully you're still in warranty.

#4 Posted by BanjoMumbo (512 posts) -

It reads the disc, but there is always the traditional "Disc Read Error" message.

#5 Posted by aransom (7408 posts) -

It's broken. If your Wii is still under warranty, you'll only have the inconvenience of sending it in. If you're out of warranty, you'll have to buy a new Wii, but the price just came down, you're only 4/5 as screwed as you would have been.

#6 Posted by its_a_username (598 posts) -

Dude the same thing just happened to me like 2 weeks ago

u have to send it back to nintendo

i know it sucks

#7 Posted by garrett_duffman (10684 posts) -
did you update?
#8 Posted by Crazyguy105 (9502 posts) -

Does it make any noise when you put the disc(s) in?

If it makes a couple of small noises then nothing it usually means that your disc drive died.

You'll need to send it in to Nintendo.

#9 Posted by KillerJuan77 (3823 posts) -

Did you download the 4.2 update? It's also causing problems with discs.

#10 Posted by BrunoBRS (73259 posts) -
that only happened to me when i bought it, and it was because the wii sports disc was completely ruined. i asked nintendo for a new copy and they gave me. but that stupid cardboard box keeps scratching it >_>
#11 Posted by MCDM (55 posts) -

Did you put the Disc in the right way?

#12 Posted by danger_ranger95 (5584 posts) -

take it apart and wash it with hot soapy water....