Wii U Virtual Console question.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6007 posts) -
Considering the Wii U is basically a DS home console, do you expect to see any DS games on the Wii U virtual console? I do.
#2 Posted by videog (306 posts) -

No

#3 Posted by KnightSkull (1698 posts) -

No

videog

#4 Posted by Sepewrath (28689 posts) -
There is a very big difference between having two screens and two connected screens.
#5 Posted by the9thinning (926 posts) -

No because new DS games are still being made and sold (an example being Black and White 2). It would be detrimental to their sales if Nintendo also realeased them for the WiiU; they wouldn't want to compete with themselves.

#6 Posted by meetroid8 (21139 posts) -
No, and WiiU isn't a DS home console anyway.
#7 Posted by simomate (1859 posts) -
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]Considering the Wii U is basically a DS home console, do you expect to see any DS games on the Wii U virtual console? I do.

No. The DS is just the generation behind. Ask again about Nintendo's 9th generation console.
#8 Posted by Cesar_Barba (3665 posts) -
Well, if they ported Phoenix Wright to Wii, I think a few games may work. Still, it has yet to be seen.
#9 Posted by thetravman (3514 posts) -

The is just speculation but I believe it will work. The two screens don't necessary have to be connected unless they are meant to be connected like the Spirit Track bosses. I'm actually hoping it could function like the GBA adapter for the Gamecube but that's highly unlikely.

#10 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

Of course not.

GCN games would be perfect and would really give a plus to the console.

#11 Posted by MrDziekuje (7730 posts) -

Honestly it could work for most games, but I don't think we'll see it happen.