Wii U RPG hunters!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I was digging around and a new game appeared on the eshop. Its called Alphadia Genesis. Apparently its a by the book jrpg with all the typical jrpg things you've come to know and love. Combat is turned based and features 3D combat.

I'm thinking of picking it up along with Pier Solar, which people didn't seem to feel was modern enough. Either way there are some new ones out there.

Is there any I'm missing? Let me know if you see any new ones.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

never been much of a rpg fan....

when i was little i didnt even understand how to play them....

i never played an rpg until i was in my 20's.

anyway they are truely wonderful if you finish the game and stuff....but rpgs make me really lazy and i never finish them....

anyway...ignore this post :P

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bunchanumbers

yeah its one of those kinds of games I like to play when I just wanna chill out with a story. It is the forefather to the movie games of today. I saw that they have Darksiders 2 for sale on the eshop for $10, and that is a rpgish game. Its been itching the scratch but I'm thinking of blowing my Captain Toad stash for some indie rpg love.

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts

I really want to download Pier Solar and Alpha Genesis. I'm a lover of old JRPGs so these look awesome to me. Very excited to try them out and put some screenshots on Miiverse when I get the money to buy them aha.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bunchanumbers

@Avatar_Taxidous said:

I really want to download Pier Solar and Alpha Genesis. I'm a lover of old JRPGs so these look awesome to me. Very excited to try them out and put some screenshots on Miiverse when I get the money to buy them aha.

yeah me too. After the disappointments of Sonic Boom I'm thinking of buying both of them and another game instead of waiting for Captain Toad to come out.

But I've been the biggest Toad fan on GS. I got a reputation to protect.

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

@Avatar_Taxidous said:

yeah me too. After the disappointments of Sonic Boom I'm thinking of buying both of them and another game instead of waiting for Captain Toad to come out.

lol Captain Toad is getting good reviews. I want to get it when I can because anything developed by the Galaxy/3D World development team is something I want to try.

I think Breath of Fire 1 (SNES) is coming to the Wii U Virtual Console soon, as well. I might download that; I haven't played it in quite a few years.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bunchanumbers

@Avatar_Taxidous said:

@bunchanumbers said:

@Avatar_Taxidous said:

lol Captain Toad is getting good reviews. I want to get it when I can because anything developed by the Galaxy/3D World development team is something I want to try.

I think Breath of Fire 1 (SNES) is coming to the Wii U Virtual Console soon, as well. I might download that; I haven't played it in quite a few years.

Nintendo should do more conversions to Wii U for SNES games. They should also be doing this for more 3rd party games. The FF games to Wii U VC should be high on their priority list.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

I want to play pier solar on the genesis but I bet that would be expensive. I need a new U game but I have never bought a smash or MK since N64. If I hung out with friends more I would enjoy these 2 a lot but I dont know how I would like them single player and online. I played demo of Pikmin 3 but the timer really bothered me I am kinda slow at these type of games and enjoy going at my own pace. I also dont like managing more than 1 character. I liked Bayonetta demo but I dont like the character and the gun/hair part of the fighting, really enjoyed NG games so I might like B2 just hard for me to give games a shot at their price.

I think my safest bet would be toad, next DK but not sure really. I never played a Pikmin and like the idea and look of the game just the things I mentioned earlier put me off from it.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bunchanumbers

@juboner said:

I want to play pier solar on the genesis but I bet that would be expensive. I need a new U game but I have never bought a smash or MK since N64. If I hung out with friends more I would enjoy these 2 a lot but I dont know how I would like them single player and online. I played demo of Pikmin 3 but the timer really bothered me I am kinda slow at these type of games and enjoy going at my own pace. I also dont like managing more than 1 character. I liked Bayonetta demo but I dont like the character and the gun/hair part of the fighting, really enjoyed NG games so I might like B2 just hard for me to give games a shot at their price.

I think my safest bet would be toad, next DK but not sure really. I never played a Pikmin and like the idea and look of the game just the things I mentioned earlier put me off from it.

Solar on Genesis is crazy expensive. $140+. That amount of money could buy you Pier solar HD on Wii U, and leave you an extra $125 left over. You'd be able to buy Bayonetta 2, Bayonetta, and Pikmin 3. Love the old school stuff but if you didn't get it day 1 before the value skyrocketed, it isn't worth it. I got a friend who has it and its a fun game. I wouldn't pay that much for it but its good.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 juboner

Too much

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bunchanumbers

@juboner said:

Too much

Yeah. He was trying to trade me his Pier Solar Genesis for my GameCube component cables. I told him no.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By juboner

@bunchanumbers: yeah no way those are a rare treasure. I have the monster s-video GC cables for my snes.